Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n): 

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Team (pink/blue/green/finding out):

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite time of year?
TW: MMC
BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
———
Diagnoses and Treatments
PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
———
BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

Re: Group 2 (oct 9-15) check in 2/18/19

• Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  10/9/2019 6W5D

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea

FTM/STM/TTM+: First time mom 

Team (pink/blue/green/finding out): Hoping to find out through NIPT around 12 weeks. DH and I are secretly hoping for a little girl. 

Upcoming Appointments: I have my first ultrasound at 7W on 2/20/2019. Two more days and the wait is killing me!

How are you feeling?: fairly normal. My worst symptoms are bloating and constipation. I had some brief red spotting two days ago that gave me a good scare, but it had since passed. 

Rants/Raves: I’m so impatient during these early weeks. There’s so much uncertainty and anxiety. I feel like I can’t be excited until I see a heartbeat, and even then...

Questions: Are you dreading telling someone about your pregnancy? I have to back out of my close friend’s wedding because my due date is right around that time. I feel absolutely terrible. We weren’t trying but also weren’t preventing, and we’ll, here we are. I’m trying to find the right time. 

GTKY: What is your favorite time of year? Probably summer. Boston winters are brutal. Plus, I’m a teacher so I love having the time off. It’s usually my time to return to good healthy habits (diet and exercise), clean and organize my house, spend time with friends and family, and return to my favorite hobby (sewing). 
  • mchalfpintmchalfpint member
    edited February 2019

Questions: Are you dreading telling someone about your pregnancy? I have to back out of my close friend’s wedding because my due date is right around that time. I feel absolutely terrible. We weren’t trying but also weren’t preventing, and we’ll, here we are. I’m trying to find the right time. 
    YES! My oldest/best friend (back to grade school) is getting married in another state in mid-September. I'm IN the wedding party. I know the likelihood of me being OK'd to travel from FL to CA 4 weeks before EDD is so slim. I'm honestly just avoiding it right now. I'll likely tell him when I go public with the pregnancy (at 12 weeks,) but I just know he's going to be so disappointed. I am, too, if I'm honest. The pragmatist (pessimist?) in me is saying not to fret about it until I'm out of the first trimester, since the risk of MC is so real.
    ~*~*~*~*FTM!*~*~*~*~*
    Married 10/17/09
    TTC since 2/16
    BFP 2/4/19
    EDD 10/15/19

• Questions: Are you dreading telling someone about your pregnancy? I have to back out of my close friend’s wedding because my due date is right around that time. I feel absolutely terrible. We weren’t trying but also weren’t preventing, and we’ll, here we are. I’m trying to find the right time. 
    YES! My oldest/best friend (back to grade school) is getting married in another state in mid-September. I'm IN the wedding party. I know the likelihood of me being OK'd to travel from FL to CA 4 weeks before EDD is so slim. I'm honestly just avoiding it right now. I'll likely tell him when I go public with the pregnancy (at 12 weeks,) but I just know he's going to be so disappointed. I am, too, if I'm honest. The pragmatist (pessimist?) in me is saying not to fret about it until I'm out of the first trimester, since the risk of MC is so real.
    Yeah, you’d probably not want to risk being across the country that close to your due date. So tough!

I’m feeling similarly about delaying sharing the news. I definitely want to wait until the risk of miscarriage goes down. I’d hate to cause both of us unnecessary stress. But I’m also torn because I don’t want this friend to resent me for not saying something sooner. 
  • @sammygirl18 I had a hematoma with my first. I’m not sure if it eventually got reabsorbed, but it ended up being no big deal (other than causing more stress for me!)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 10/14; 6 weeks

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team (pink/blue/green/finding out): Team green again

Upcoming Appointments:  3/15. No dating ultrasound for us.

How are you feeling?: The fatigue is a real downer. There are so many things I want to do and also not…I started getting some slight nausea on Friday.

Rants/Raves: I am so desperate for warmer weather so I can start working outside. I have about an acre of land I am trying to clean up. We heard the last owner cleaned out his work van by chucking his s*** over his shoulder.  When the bank took over the house before us, they cleaned out three dumpsters worth of trash from the yard. There was a ton of overgrowth too. I’m really proud of how much I got done last year and can’t wait to finish!

Questions: Nope.

GTKY: What is your favorite time of year? Summer! The other seasons are just too cold for my liking.

My MIL visited from NJ this weekend so we got her, my mom, and my grandparents together for a special dinner in order to tell them the news. Our moms immediately jumped on their phones to tell their siblings. DH already told his group of friends, they are very tight. Neither DH nor I are big into social media so we don't have any plans for that. 

• Hiya!
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    Due 10/14, 6 weeks to the day.

Baby is the size of a(n):
    Pomegranate seed.

FTM/STM/TTM+:
    STM

Team (pink/blue/green/finding out):
    Team totally finding out.

Upcoming Appointments:
    Ultrasound on 3/7, first prenatal 3/10.

How are you feeling?:
    Woof! Nausea all day, dizzy, exhausted.
    I got the morning sickness nausea almost the entire pregnancy with DS.

Rants/Raves:
    Just a little pat on the back for myself. Three weeks now of healthy yummy lunches that I've made for myself for work. I started before I knew I was pregnant for dietary reasons but also budgetary ones. I already want to eat the big cobb salad I have waiting for me for tomorrow. Fingers crossed I can keep doing it cuz with DS all I could eat (didn't have an aversion to) was junk food.

Questions:
    Anyone else feeling like the plethora of vitamins/supplements you're taking is obnoxious? And I feel like I keep adding more to it. I wish they had better alternatives on the prenatals, like versions with extra D-3 or magnesium.
    Also, despite us not having a huge group, does anyone else feel like they're having trouble staying caught up? Lol

GTKY: What is your favorite time of year?
    I'm for team summer. Love my pool, and when not pregnant relaxing with a drink in it and barbecuing after. Long nights, bonfires, skirts, hiking and gardening. Too much to list.
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • Also, despite us not having a huge group, does anyone else feel like they're having trouble staying caught up? Lol
    TOTALLY! I am new to the bump and not sure if it's my browser or what, but I'm not getting notifications really of any kind when quoted/replied to/etc - not on the computer or the app. I feel like someone's going to respond to me, and I won't reply, and they'll think I've ghosted! :D 
    ~*~*~*~*FTM!*~*~*~*~*
    Married 10/17/09
    TTC since 2/16
    BFP 2/4/19
    EDD 10/15/19

• cuduebor said:
    @mchalfpint looks like we're due date and acne twins! I also really wish paid pregnancy leave was a thing. I feel so tired and distracted at work and all I want to do is lay on the couch and cuddle with my dog.
    I picked up some 100% distilled witch hazel a couple of days ago and have been using it twice a day, after cleansing, on my face. Maybe it's wishful thinking but I THINK it might be clearing up a bit!! Happy to have a "twin," @cuduebor! :) 
    ~*~*~*~*FTM!*~*~*~*~*
    Married 10/17/09
    TTC since 2/16
    BFP 2/4/19
    EDD 10/15/19

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: October 16th, 6 weeks on Wednesday

Baby is the size of a(n): .1 to .2 inches

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM (Boy C is 4 and Girl A is turning 2 next week  :s:'(

Team (pink/blue/green/finding out): Green --> We found out with the first two so for this one we are going in surprised!

Upcoming Appointments: Just rescheduled my confirmation of pregnancy appointment to Thursday (Wednesday is going to be AWFUL weather in the region and my babysitter won't come!)

How are you feeling?: Fine. Intermittent nausea. Lower back pain which REALLY freaks me out but no spotting or anything so far. Irritable. SO TIRED. 

Rants/Raves: So happy to still be pregnant. :) 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite time of year? Winter! (Could you guess from my sn?) Most people think of winter as the coldest season, but for me it is the coziest season: fires, sweaters, hot coffee...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mchalfpint We are telling our kids first, probably after we see/hear the heartbeat, then everyone else after. So maybe 8 weeks? 

@novicemama What do you teach? I teach high school history! I'm willing to bet your friend is happy for you; there is still so much time until the wedding she has more than enough time to plan. 

@kfarr26 I'm a weirdo in that I like paper announcements! I probably won't put anything on social media (my husband might), but I will mail a cute picture to everyone on my greeting card list, lol. Poor third kids never get celebrated, so I'm sure everyone will be like "and the big deal is....?" but I want to make cute announcements anyway. 

@junebabyh Isn't there a Jim Gaffigan bit about having 3 kids? Like the first two people are excited, and by the third people are eh. I definitely feel like we'll get some side eye, but by the third kid I feel like I just dont gaf what other people think about my family decisions, lol. Its one of the best things about being a TTM; I do what I want and who cares if anyone judges me. 

@cooaladolly It seems this time I'm just an at-work bumpie, so at the end of the weekend I have SO MUCH to read. Tbh I hate using the app so I only get on TB recently when I am at my laptop. 

Also I deserve a cookie for all that scrolling, lol. This response post would absolutely not have happened in the app. When I'm on my phone I just quote anyone I want to respond to, which is more annoying for other readers so I tend not to do it as much. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @wintersong Hello, fellow teacher! I teach middle school English. I’ve taught high school as well, but I find myself personally happier and better suited with this age group.

How are you feeling about your maternity leave? Does your district give you a set time frame for paid leave? Ours is based on sick time, which is good for those who have time saved but not ideal for others. I should be able to take 12 weeks based on what I have saved. October is such random time of year to go on maternity leave though.  I feel like I’ll be meeting my students and taking off. 
  • @wintersong Bahahahaha. I love you. You can be an honorary Group 2-er. And, yes, you are so right about not GAF this time around. I'll just have to perfect my because-we-want-one answer to people who question us once it's public knowledge. I can just hear my mom's voice though... "But your life is already so hectic!" [eye roll] But I am channeling you from now on.
    @cooaladolly I agree, 3 is the perfect number, especially when they are grownup kids.
  • @kfarr26 we'll likely announce around 13-14 weeks, but we've already told family and close friends.
    @cooaladolly yes, I'm extremely annoyed by my vitamin pile every night haha and I'm also feeling so behind on the group since I usually only have time to check in once a day!
    @sammygirl18 @junebabyh hi due date buddies!! 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Oct. 13th - 6+1
    Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry 💙
    FTM/STM/TTM+: STM (R is 2.5)
    Team (pink/blue/green/finding out): Finding out! We're doing genetic screening on March 19th!
    Upcoming Appointments: Ultrasound Monday, next midwife appointment March 19th
    How are you feeling?: Mostly good! A little nausea, I'm still nursing and my nipples are getting tender (it feels like the newborn stage all over again 😭)
    Rants/Raves: The house situation is really stressing me out... We found out that the last buyers walked away for the same reason that's our only concern, the yard is really soft. My MIL lost her boots in 8in of mud last Friday, we assumed the issue was because of the snow, however these previous buyers were looking during a relatively dry time... We're currently researching it. Then I found out we had a miscommunication with our agent and our house isn't worth quite as much as we thought, which would be fine except this house we put an offer on is at the very top of our range. I'm just feeling a little down and like the universe is screaming this isn't your house, walk away. Ugh... 
    Questions: Anyone else doing genetic screening? 
    GTKY: What is your favorite time of year? Absolutely Fall! I love the temp and the cool crispness of the air, the colors of the leaves and almost everything about it. I hate the heat and the cold, thankfully I live in an area where I only have to deal with the extremes for about a week or two each a year!
  • st Due Date / Weeks + Days: 10/14 6 weeks 1 day

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry!

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Team (pink/blue/green/finding out): team finding out ASAP 

Upcoming Appointments: 3/7 first ultrasound 

How are you feeling?: I feel okay. Just some slightly tender breasts, exhausted, dizzy when I stand up too quickly, bloated and crying about everything (tonight, it was bc of the frozen soundtrack) 😂

Rants/Raves: just anxious that I could misscarry or have a blighted ovum. Trying to stay positive but it was our first month trying so it just seems too good to be true

Questions: does everyone else actually believe their pregnant?! Bc I just can’t believe it!

GTKY: What is your favorite time of year? Fall
  • Sorry I'm late, I just discovered the community option. 
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: October 9

Baby is the size of a(n): bumble bee

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Team (pink/blue/green/finding out): Finding out  unsure of which team right now  

Upcoming Appointments: US March 4th.

How are you feeling?: Fatigue, nausea, and indigestion, no vomiting (yet🤞🏻), sore boobs less than last week though. 

Rants/Raves: Pregnancy brain! It's making work a little difficult.

Questions: It seems my deodorant isn't strong enough anymore! Any suggestions?
    And should I just give in to throwing up? I'm afraid it'll be like breaking the seal! Gin-gins are getting me through the day. 

GTKY: What is your favorite time of year? I love fall because of all the holidays! 🎄🍁🎃🦃
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Oct 12 / 6 Weeks 4 days

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team (pink/blue/green/finding out): Finding out

Upcoming Appointments: I have an ultra sound appointment at 9 weeks on March 4th

How are you feeling?: Overall I feel pretty good. I have some major bloating going on and feel like I'm already showing a little bit, which is crazy to me. I know with your second you tend to show earlier, but I feel like I just look fat.

Rants/Raves: Rave - I am so happy that my 6 week ultra sound went without a hitch. We got to hear baby's heartbeat and see it's little flutter. I almost cried tears of joy at hearing that little beat. Rant - not sure if this is truly a rant, but I can't shake the anxious felling that something could go wrong at any moment and I could lose this baby. Just trying to stay positive!

Questions: How are you all staying active during pregnancy. I plan to focus on walking and Zumba!

GTKY: What is your favorite time of year? I absolutely love fall! I live in northern California so we get the beautiful colors of fall, but it still feels pretty warm for the most part. Apple Hill is the best!
  • junebabyh said:

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 10/13, 6w1d
    Baby is the size of a(n): a chocolate chip
    FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM
    Team (pink/blue/green/finding out): I think we will find out. We found out with #1 and were team green for #2. So I've done both and can't decide which is better...well actually, team green was better for sure! But I also enjoyed finding out the first time, and being able to plan this time would be nice.
    Upcoming Appointments: March 4th is my first sono. Had first appt with OB last week to confirm.
    How are you feeling?: I barely feel pregnant other than being super tired in the evenings. Feeling slightly bloated today, but that is b/c I eat like trash on the weekends. (I'm much healthier during the weeks).
    Questions: When are you all going public with your announcements? Aside from several neighbors unintentionally finding out our annual progressive dinner a few weeks ago (which some of you already know), only DH and my sister know. We will likely tell my parents and inlaws in early March. We won't announce on social media until I have a visible bump. Also... When are you all going public with your announcements? I am kind of dreading telling some people b/c I think I am going to get a lot of judgement for having/wanting three kids. Anyone else experience this?
    GTKY: What is your favorite time of year? Summer. I am a total beach girl, summer birthday girl, and love sitting outside on the deck on warm nights.

THIS! I am pregnant with my third and I am dreading telling everyone.  What is the judgment about 3 kids? It is not that abnormal but I feel the same thing.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: October 13th

Baby is the size of a(n): not sure

FTM/STM/TTM+: This will be my third - I have a 6yo and a 5yo. 

Team (pink/blue/green/finding out): Team green. We found out with my first two and had one of each so figured we could be surprised this time since we have all the stuff for both genders!

Upcoming Appointments:  Had my first ultrasound today (weve had blighted ovums in the past so my doctor agreed to let me come in two weeks earlier than usual to see if there was anything there)! Until today it did not feel real. Baby was measuring perfectly.  

How are you feeling?:  Tired but otherwise normal.  I am surprised to not be showing yet given this is my third baby. Everyone said with a third you show super early, but there is nothing there at all.

Rants/Raves: Obviously very nervous about everything and also going back to baby stage again. My kids are not that old, but certainly not babies anymore!! Will be so odd to have a baby in the house again.

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite time of year? Winter but I live in a warmer climate so our winter is our nice time of year! If I lived in the NE, my answer would be late Spring.
  • @wine_mama16 I do barrè once a week and I'm thinking about upping it to twice a week, we'll see! 
  • Oof, ladies. Today is difficult. I'm somehow simultaneously starving and also 100% not interested in eating, unless it's a Hershey's bar (very odd for me.) Can barely focus at work and feel like if I put my head down on my desk, I could take a nap! 
    ~*~*~*~*FTM!*~*~*~*~*
    Married 10/17/09
    TTC since 2/16
    BFP 2/4/19
    EDD 10/15/19

• @mchalfpint Yes, so much today! I just want the day to be over.

TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• @bbbbcccceeee I honestly don't know what the judgement is all about. It's certainly not that unusual to have three kids. I think it stems from the common feeling that having two is average and anything more than that is excessive. I will admit that sometimes I think -- do we have enough money, enough time, enough space for three? I never questioned those things when I was pregnant with #2. 
    @nnaelilak Hi EDD twin! So sorry about your house dilemma. Was anything resolved today?

• @mchalfpint We have told a select few members of our family, as well as some of my friends. Funny enough I also told my hair stylist. We were both going through IVF at the same clinic so we always touch base with each other. We will most likely tell others after our 9 week appointment and social media who knows when.

@novicemama I don't have any situation like that, but that all sounds sucky. Are you guys really close because if so then hopefully she will understand and not make you feel guilty. It's a time to celebrate both of you, one a wedding and the other a baby. You can't control your due date . good luck!

@kfarr26 I think all of us understand the fear of putting your pregnancy news out there then suffering a loss. Honestly you should tell social media whenever you feel ready it doesn't really matter ya know. As far as the people in your life that you see on a regular basis, here is how I look at it. I am a very open person so If I am going through something I share that with the important people in my life. If I were to suffer a loss I know talking about it would ultimately help me get through it. So I chose to tell those people that I am pregnant and if something happens I will share that with them as well.

@cooaladolly So I don't have any problems with taking my prenatal they don't bother me at all, but I also have to do a progesterone suppository and that is just so annoying to take every night. I cannot wait to be able to stop that!

@nnaelilak I doubt we will chose to do genetic screening. With our first we decided against it ans the way I look at it I know it will cause more harm than good with the added stress of the wait. I used to do ballet barre religiously before my first pregnancy and I have only done it here and there in the past two years. I miss it, but I don't think I did it enough to keep it up during pregnancy. I don't know though.
  • junebabyh said:
    @bbbbcccceeee I honestly don't know what the judgement is all about. It's certainly not that unusual to have three kids. I think it stems from the common feeling that having two is average and anything more than that is excessive. I will admit that sometimes I think -- do we have enough money, enough time, enough space for three? I never questioned those things when I was pregnant with #2. 
    @nnaelilak Hi EDD twin! So sorry about your house dilemma. Was anything resolved today?

Yes agree completely. With our second I NEVER thought about money or anything like that but with this one it is like wait, three colleges? three summer camps? And it feels more daunting for sure when going from one to two was also the exact same type of change, but since that is expected, you just don't ask these same questions.
  • @junebabyh yes! We met with the builder and the septic guy yesterday and it went really well! The snow finally cleared so we got to see the native ground and how firm it was, so it really is just a top soil issue. They admitted they didn't do it correctly due to the rain coming sooner than expected and offered to fix it along with a few other possible drainage issues when the dry season comes around. He really seems like a great guy and we feel really comfortable with the resolution (it'll be put into a contract too) so we're moving forward. We actually just listed our house today 😬💚
  • @nnaelilak congratulations! That's great news, and hopefully your house will sell fast too!

Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • @wintersong Hello, fellow teacher! I teach middle school English. I’ve taught high school as well, but I find myself personally happier and better suited with this age group.

How are you feeling about your maternity leave? Does your district give you a set time frame for paid leave? Ours is based on sick time, which is good for those who have time saved but not ideal for others. I should be able to take 12 weeks based on what I have saved. October is such random time of year to go on maternity leave though.  I feel like I’ll be meeting my students and taking off. 
    We also don't have any maternity leave; I get a couple weeks of std (6 weeks really, only 2 paid) and I can take the 12 weeks of fmla unpaid. I can use sick time if I have it, my sick time still accrues during that period. Then I have a great option of taking an unpaid leave of absence for the rest of the school year which I was able to do be a use my husband and I saved. 

This year I'm staying home after June; scary, but so nice not to have to navigate leave. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @nnaelilak Congrats! Super news. Hope it sells fast.
  • Aww, that’s awesome, @wintersong! How wonderful that you’ll get all that uninterrupted time with your little one.

I have debated doing taking the year, but ultimately leaning towards going back. Thankfully, we have great support when comes to childcare help (my husband works from home, and his mom and my mom will each take one day a week) so I feel comfortable returning in three months. 

• Questions: Are you dreading telling someone about your pregnancy? I have to back out of my close friend’s wedding because my due date is right around that time. I feel absolutely terrible. We weren’t trying but also weren’t preventing, and we’ll, here we are. I’m trying to find the right time. 
    @novicemama, thought of you last night! I called my best friend and gave him the news that I couldn't be in the wedding party for the wedding, or even attend it, as I'll be at 36 weeks and unable to travel. It went SO MUCH BETTER than I feared - he was 100% thrilled and happy for us and even started crying at the news, and not even a tiny bit upset about me missing the wedding. Honestly, I am probably more disappointed about it than he was/is! I hope yours goes just as well. <3 
    ~*~*~*~*FTM!*~*~*~*~*
    Married 10/17/09
    TTC since 2/16
    BFP 2/4/19
    EDD 10/15/19