August 2019 Moms

STM+ check in w/o 2/16

How far along are you? How big is baby?

How old is/are you other kid(s)?

Nails and fails from this week:

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: 

GTKY: What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without?

Re: STM+ check in w/o 2/16

• How far along are you? How big is baby? 13 weeks, lemon

Almost 3
    15 months

Nail - I am alive, my boys are alive
    Fail - I have still been collapsing into bed every night as soon after bedtime as I can manage. My house is a wreck.

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: 
    I keep getting these spurts of energy, and I think it's the famous 2nd trimester energy, and plan out a whole to-do list, and then I'm exhausted before I finish the first thing on it. I'm ready for it to be here for real.

GTKY: What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without?
    My nanny.
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? Somewhere between 13w0d and 14w3d...make up your mind doc and baby lol!

How old is/are you other kid(s)? DD6 DS2

Nails and fails from this week: Nail: I started having more motivation this week, so I got more done than usual. Fail: Introduced potty training and DS is sooooo not ready. He did not fight it but never went while on the toilet and then peed his pants and did not even care he was wet. I was really hopping he would be ready, but we are backing off until he is. We only have until September though when 3 year old preschool starts so I am crossing my fingers he is ready soon. He turns 3 in April so we will see. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: I keep getting more headaches and Tylenol/ natural methods can't touch them so I basically just sit there in pain. 

GTKY: What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without? Vacations. Our vacation budget is much higher compared to our income than most because it is a priority to us. This is going to be a low travel year due to the fact I hate travelling while pregnant and we are putting a lot of money into our house, so we are planning to make up for it next year.
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Loading the player...
  • @mrosek91 i am right there with you on energy. I am getting mostly glimpses of it then just crash. A few minutes ago I woke up from an unplanned couch nap. 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• How far along are you? How big is baby?
    13 weeks / size of lemons

How old is/are you other kid(s)? DD, age 2

Nail - threw my daughter a big 2nd birthday party (20+ people) at our house...and I survived!
    Fail - still just surviving...not eating particularly healthy, kid is getting lots of screen time etc etc

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: my mom is in town and helping out...aka keeping us all alive...and it’s so nice!

My entire kitchen. Especially my double oven...I couldn’t survive the holidays without it!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @hillaryo14 I'm sorry for the tough news. It sounds like you are having a good perspective. Let yourself work through the emotions of it too. Feeling disappointment or fear or whatever is allowed and doesn't take away from the anticipation and love you also feel for your son.  Congrats on team boy!!!💙💙💙

How far along are you? How big is baby? 16 weeks.  Avocado/dill pickle depending on the app

How old is/are you other kid(s)? 17 months

Nail- made valentine's cookies that were sooo good
    Fail- I think I'm addicted to my phone and need to kick that habit of always having it on me. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: decided on how we are going to find out boy or girl.  We live far from home so we don't have any other pregnancy experience to share with families.  They don't see the growing bump,  there are no repeated ultra sounds to send updated pics (just the a/s unless you're high risk), no baby shower together etc. so we are going to conference skype and find out together.  I made lips and mustaches on sticks and will get the ultrasound tech to put them in "baby is a..." and a blank envelope so we don't see before hand. I'm excited.  It's simple,  cheap,  not wasteful,  makes sense for skype and a picture,  and can go directly in the scrapbook later :)

I honestly don't know. 
    Considered a luxury by the developed world standards?  Probably nothing.
    Considered a luxury by a global standard?  Probably everything. 

I'm gonna go with video calling.  I don't know how families did it before when someone would move overseas. I feel so blessed to still have regular "face to face" contact with my family even across the ocean.

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• @Allycat11 I love unplanned couch naps.

@hillaryo14 I can't imagine how difficult that news is, but it sounds like you are taking it better than most would. Best of luck!

@BigBadWolf12 I found the question on this 200 GTKY questions list, and liked it, than as soon as I posted every one I could come up with seemed like 1st world standard, microwave, my phone, etc. We are so spoiled.

As for me I have another fail. My son turned 16 months today, and I almost forgot. I know the month "birthdays" are not as big a deal, especially as they get older. But I still feel like it's something I should have realized is coming.
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 15 weeks, 1 day

How old is/are you other kid(s)? 2.5 and 5

Nails and fails from this week: Nail- Found really cute decorations to re-do my DD5's room. DD2 will be sharing a room with her, so wanted to make it special for both of them. Fails- I wish my house was a little cleaner, but doing better with slightly increased energy levels.

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: 

GTKY: What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without? @Allycat11 I will second the vacation budget...but more specifically Disney World. We've gone 5 times in 3 years and we live about a 14 hour drive away. 
  • @hillaryo14 I’m thinking of you. That is a lot to process. Give yourself time. But you do seem to already have a great perspective! Im sure there are really great support groups out there.

How far along are you? How big is baby? 13w4d Clownfish

How old is/are you other kid(s)? DD, 4

N: I worked out twice this week and was craving fresh food. I’ve eaten so much fruits and vegetables.
    F: DH is working nights so DD and I are surviving with way too much TV and couch

Air conditioning. I never had it growing up and didn’t really think it was necessary. Now that I have a house with it, I can never go back.
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @elizabeth_1985 Disney World is a go to for us as well, we go very frequently despite living a long way away. It would take 24 hours to drive there without any stops, so we always fly. My kids are spoiled by that for sure, but there are a lot of other things we cut back on to make that a priority. 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• @EmilyA724 omg A/C is def a luxury I took for granted...doesn't stay hot here in Germany during summers so houses don't have it! Since we moved here when a friend was leaving, though, we bought their portable unit. I have a feeling it'll get used a lot this summer!

@Allycat11 damn these headaches! Feel better soon, I've almost accepted that my head will just hurt until August and it sucks

@hillaryo14 You have such a great attitude about such difficult news. Your son will be a blessing, and you a great blessing to him. <3 Hugs as you process and prepare. 

How far along are you? How big is baby? 14w6d , troll doll

How old is/are you other kid(s)? DS 2yrs

Nail: Did not die from stomach virus. Took DS to the pool and had a blast.
    Fail: Have barely done anything around the house. Partially due to illness/fatigue, partially laziness.

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: Rant/Diary: If I'm not feeling like crap, I'm starving all the time. Probably a good thing my scale's batteries died because I really don't want to know. 

Probably my phone/the internet if that's considered a luxury still. Or having a car of my own rather than sharing with DH. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @aevan011 We’re a one car household because DH works from home and just seemed unnecessary, but I have a feeling with 2 kids we’re going to need to change that. 
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 14w3d / Big as a peach and "as tall as a crayon" per TB

How old is/are you other kid(s)? DD is 2.5

Nails and fails from this week: Nails: Finally tackled the laundry and majority of the household stuff that's been lingering over the last few weeks when I haven't felt up to it / Fails: Ate some higher-sodium meals a few more times than I should have last week (mostly Chinese), but tried to drink plenty of water/move around to offset ... didn't appear to have any swelling issues.

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: 

GTKY: What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without? Right now, probably a pregnancy pillow (Snoogle).

@hillaryo14 - I hope you were able to enjoy your weekend and process your results a little more. I'm sure there are plenty of support groups (on TB, FB, etc.) and resources that can help you and you family once that angel arrives. I have a friend with a son with DS and he is absolutely the sweetest, most joyful kid. You're in my thoughts and I pray you can find comfort in knowing this early <3 
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• How far along are you? How big is baby? 14 +2

How old is/are you other kid(s)? 2!  :'(<3

Nail - survived 2 back to back birthday gatherings for DS. 
    Fail - so exhausted today I don't want to move. And my back hurts. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: DS got a working vacuum for his birthday. Enough said. 
    On another note, I've been terrible at keeping up with check-ins, so I'm sorry. 

GTKY: What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without? Take out? Restaurants are basically keeping us alive at this point. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @hillaryo14 You seem to be taking the news in an amazing way. But it is 100% ok if you find yourself needing to take a minute to process things being different from expected. Hugs! He is going to be a ray of sunshine in your life!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • How far along are you? How big is baby?  16w3d  Avacado

How old is/are you other kid(s)?  Sugar Plum Face is 2

Nails and fails from this week: We tackled the chaos of laundry this on Sunday!  It had gotten crazy with me being so nauseated (by dryer sheet scent even) that I had a ton to put away/wash.  It feels amazing to be done and organized. HOWEVERR my husband is a butt because I was so tired (glad he didn't let me quit) but he was like a dictator lol I couldn't sit down for even a minute IDK how I made it through the day.  AND I have horrible dust allergies and when we started organizing the closets/dressers and whatever else, it stirred up a lot of dust and I started sneezing like crazy. By 5pm I could barely keep my eyes open, and needed to just stop but nope, I had to make dinner for my dad coming over (DH could have cooked, but no) I had to get everyone desert, I had to play with the dog, I had to get Sugar Plum Face in PJs and read her books, he took over bedtime and then I had to make the bed and put one last load of clean laundry away.  I am feeling like I got hit by a truck today.  I was totally miserable. but glad it all got done, most productive day since I got pregnant 16 weeks ago haha.

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary:  See above.

GTKY: What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without?  The heated seats in my car. I've only had this car with them for about 6 months but there is no going back. 

Me 32 <3 H 33
    TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

• @hillaryo14 I'm thinking about you. It sounds like you are working through the news in such a positive way.  I can't imagine, it must be so hard.  You know we are here to talk to you any time, if you ever just need to get some feelings out. 

Me 32 <3 H 33
    TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

• Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. I appreciate them and you from the bottom of my heart!  <3
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 

15w6d Baby is the size of a jar of Nutella! 

11, 7, 2, and 15 months (and I have two step children 8 + 9) 

Nails: we had a really great day yesterday!
    Fails: I have spent a lot of the day laying down because I am exhausted and feel like crap. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: 

Dear Diary, I am dreading my husband going back to work tomorrow (after a 3 day weekend), because it was great having help with all the kids while they’re on their school vacation and tomorrow I am back to solo parenting and I don’t wanna!! 

I buy a coffee almost every day. It adds up as an expense, but it makes my life so enjoyable! 
  • @hillaryo14 I am thinking of you too. It must be a lot to take in. Please give yourself the space to feel what you need to feel. Sendjng you support and positive thoughts. 

How far along are you? How big is baby? 12 +2 the size of a plum

How old is/are you other kid(s)? DS will be 2 in April

Nails and fails from this week: Nail: we managed to survive flying to Florida and back with DS. (Which is why I was MIA for a bit) Thankful for a short reprieve from winter! Fail: We haven't vacuumed since before our trip and we have two dogs. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: I Have been getting terrible gas pains every night. I know as far as pregnancy symptoms go, that's not awful, but I'm over it. 

Before I was pregnant and got a  aversion to it, I would buy a seltzer almost everyday. I'm looking forward to enjoying it again someday!
  • @Amdogger82 I had an aversion to my sparking water too! It was so weird because I drank it through my first pregnancy,  I'm finally developing a taste for it again at 16 weeks.

How far along are you? How big is baby? 16+3 Avocado

How old is/are you other kid(s)? Daughter, 20 months

Nails and fails from this week: Nail, I made it through a visit with the in laws while my daughter and I had the flu.  Nothing against them, I was just dreading having to stay in and keep telling them that we needed to rest.  
    Fail: Spending so many days cooped up at home with me turned my daughter into a little terror.  She would usually listen to me somewhat, but I found myself giving her 3 mini time outs yesterday because she kept doing things when I said no 3 times.  It was frustrating. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: I just hope to feel "normal" again sometime soon.

GTKY: What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without? I know I COULD live without them, but I have developed a dependency on my eyelash extensions.  Also vacations.  If someone told me I could never go anywhere anymore, I would have a very hard time with it.