Gender Help?!?!?! — The Bump
2nd Trimester

Gender Help?!?!?!

Ok so we went for an elective gender scan last week at 16 weeks 5 days. The tech said 75% girl but wanted to have us come back. Yesterday at 17 weeks 5 days she says 90% girl but probably just a little puffy still. I want to announce and start buying pink but I'm hung up on the other 10%! What do you all think?? My boy looked nothing like this but I need some convincing!

Re: Gender Help?!?!?!

  • I can barely tell what I'm looking at. Personally, I'd trust the word of a trained professional who looks at these for a living over random internet strangers. Go back for another if it's not certain enough for you. 
  • You just posted your full name, DOB and the name of the clinic where you presumably get care. You might want to edit your photos to cover that info since these forums are public to anyone and not everyone has good intentions. You know, basic internet safety.

    Any US can be incorrect. Blood tests are more accurate, but birth is really the only way to know the sex. If you’re still unsure about the results, you might have to wait until your Anatomy Scan.
    ME: 31  DH: 31 DD: June '16 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
    **Ticker Warning**
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    wabash15TJtheGoatstassischroederallrightmeow
  • Agreed.  I wouldn't come to a group of internet randos who are untrained.   I would wait a few weeks and do another scan if you want more reassurance. 
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    wabash15
  • meggyme said:
    >snip<

    Any US can be incorrect. Blood tests are more accurate, but birth is really the only way to know the sex. If you’re still unsure about the results, you might have to wait until your Anatomy Scan.
    Yup. A friend just had this happen, actually. It's supposed to be pretty rare, but they were told boy at an ultrasound, did a small family reveal and posted it online, and then at the next ultrasound, whoops, it's actually a girl! 
    wabash15
  • harpseal135harpseal135
    500 Love Its 500 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Answers
    member
    edited February 17
    This is why elective ultrasounds are ridiculous! You cant wait until the official 20 week Anatomy scan when A) all the parts are developed 2) you have actual trained medical professionals that actually know how to read ultrasounds and use the machines appropriately and regulated. 3) there is no 100% guarantee any ultrasound is correct as a PP had said.  I had a friend told boy at a late ultrasound due to concerns, he was born a she!!!!!  4) you can't tell the gender on an ultrasound as gender =/= sex.  Sex is how a person procreate gender is how they perceive themselves in the brain.  
    wabash15mermaidca
  • Basically no test is 100%. Not even the genetic blood testing. At around 13 weeks we did a blood test for our baby and the results said boy. However all the many ultrasounds ive had since definitely show lady bits and not boy bits. We even got an impromptu/free 3D sono of her to double check by my high risk doctor when we realized the test said one thing and sono said another. I even went to get the second opinion of another high risk doctor to make sure. All doctors agree there isnt a penis in there. Trust your medical professionals. Theyve been doing this a long time. 

    Im super greatful i ended up using sonogram results for my gender reveal. If i had gotten the call for the results of the genetic blood tests, i would have had the wrong reveal. I know its hard to not go out and buy all the baby stuff you can. Maybe scratch the itch by buying some gender nuetral things to hold you over till youre confident in the results. At the end of the day we all want healthy, and fully developed baby's one way or the other. 

    Lilypie Maternity tickers
Sign In or Register to comment.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards