September 2019 Moms
Options

TTGP Check in 2/14

This is a check-in for those that were active in TTGP board before moving over here. Feel free to answer the questions or just make general conversation.

What's going on with Baby this week? 

How far along are you?

Anyone have an appointment this week?

Cravings/Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Randoms?

Questions?

GTKY: Recount your BEST Valentines day on record 

Re: TTGP Check in 2/14

• Options
    Happy valentines day!

What's going on with Baby this week?  Just making me sick AF. 

How far along are you? 8+4

Anyone have an appointment this week? Yes, first OB appointment tomorrow. I'm really hoping they'll do an ultrasound, but I'm doubtful.

Cravings/Symptoms? Orange juice! I can't stop.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? I'm headed home from my last work trip ever, and I am sooooo excited. It has been surprisingly emotional for me though. Otherwise just thankful to be pregnant! 

Questions? Not right now. 

GTKY: Recount your BEST Valentines day on record. Ummmm I honestly don't know. I once had a guy give me a $100 Anthropologie gift card. I was a broke college student at the time, ao it was awesome. 

Excuse the typos. I'm on my phone and it's always a struggle.
  • Options
    @kgg2241 sorry you're still feeling bad. I'll bet they do a sono tomorrow.. With my first pregnancy I wasn't expecting them to @ 8 weeks, but they did :) YAY for work trip being over. I can't say you'll feel better soon but I can say with CONFIDENCE that not traveling will be way less stressful for you

What's going on with Baby this week? Just sucking the life out of me

How far along are you? 8w2d

Anyone have an appointment this week? I had one on Tuesday! Babe looks perfect and is measuring 2 days ahead. 

Cravings/Symptoms? I have realized if I don't get adequate protein I get horrendous headaches. So it's been a fun game of "What kind of protein can I stomach??"

Rants/Raves/Randoms? Ugh, thyroid is a little out of control and the doc has me freaked about doubling my meds. I don't like the idea of pumping more synthetic TSH into my body but high thyroid levels are linked to low IQ and brain functions sooo..... more meds it is! 

Questions?

GTKY: Recount your BEST Valentines day on record Probably the ONE AND ONLY time DH ever cooked for me. He made a spice crusted salmon and steamed veggies and it was soo good and so sweet. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kgg2241 I just had my 8 week appt, which was technically supposed to be my first one, and they did a dating u/s. Yay for last work trip ever and double yay for a $100 Anthropologie gift card. That's my favorite store, but it's soooo pricey.
    @nomangos23 glad to hear that babe looked good and was measuring ahead. I hope the extra dose of your meds gets things balanced out soon.

What's going on with Baby this week? Little soybean isn't looking like a bean anymore. Yesterday, we saw it wave its little arm nubbins at us on the u/s!

How far along are you? Ob changed the EDD to 9/21, so I'm 8+5 now

Anyone have an appointment this week? had one yesterday

Cravings/Symptoms? all-day MS, BOOBS, so sleepy

Rants/Raves/Randoms? got the go ahead from ob to try B6 and Unisom. I took the Unisom before bed at 7 and slept from 7:30 - 5am. I'm still feeling groggy!

Questions?

GTKY: Recount your BEST Valentines day on record. I'm not really a Valentine's Day person. Romance isn't DH's strong suit either, so we usually just go to dinner or cook at home.

• Options
    @kgg2241 I just had a bunch of OJ too! I hope you feel better soon and your appointment goes well tomorrow!
    @nomangos23 you and I have a similar struggle with protein. I've found that pairing up any protein I can stomach with a load of carbs helps me last a little longer, but it is a real struggle. 
    @lillywonderland ahh that type of rain where you live is so scary because of the flooding!! Stay safe! and dry

What's going on with Baby this week? Baby doesn't have webbed toes & fingers anymore... and it is the size of a lime!

How far along are you? 11 weeks

Anyone have an appointment this week? no - 12 week is next Friday

Cravings/Symptoms? just tired & wretched acne, and wanting ALL the sour candy. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms? My IL's come today and are staying til Sunday... joy.... 

Questions? Not today

GTKY: Recount your BEST Valentines day on record: MH is always sweet and gets me flowers with a sweet card. This weekend we are going to my fave restaurant, but with his parents lol
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Options
    @lillywonderland aw, sending roses to work is so cute. Getting the money back was definitely a win!
  • Options
    @themadcamel LOLing over here at your LO’s arm nubbins waving to you. Bahahahahah. They are so weird looking right now!! 

@chichiphin I’ve gotten a bunch of alerts on my phone already about flash flooding and mudslides. Eep. Odds are we’ll be fine since we basically live on a smaller hill ~1 mile from the foothills. Still scary AF. I can’t believe your LO is a lime already!!! F*ck, man, time is flying!! What type of food is at your fav restaurant? Italian? Mexican? 
  • Options

@kgg2241 OJ is one thing I don’t want to have right now lol. FX you get an US tomorrow. Did you ever get to do some personal traveling when you were gone for work trips? I always thought it would be fun to travel for work but I'm sure it's not all that fun when you do it all the time.

@nomangos23 Sorry you’re having thyroid issues. I’m so happy your scan on Tuesday went well.

@lillywonderland While the rain sounds amazing to me right now, the flooding would be a little scary. FX you guys stay safe!

@themadcamel Omg you saw LO move already!!! That’s so exciting!

@chichiphin You’re so far along, that’s crazy. Is your 12 week appointment your first one?

What's going on with Baby this week? We have a heart beat!!!

How far along are you?
    7w3d.

Anyone have an appointment this week?
    We had our final appointment with the RE yesterday. I’m so glad to be done with that place! They did give us a little teddy bear on our way out. I thought that was kinda cute.

Cravings/Symptoms?
    Not having any cravings and still not having too many symptoms. I have been feeling a little nauseous when I have no food in my stomach but that’s about it. I am still having some spotting (it actually increased the morning of my appointment). I was so glad to have that appointment to check on LO and make sure everything is ok. The nurse said that there’s no bleeding coming from baby or my uterus and that my cervix is most likely irritated from the suppositories (which is what I thought). After the TV US I had a lot more spotting, even pink this time. I think it’s safe to say that my cervix is not happy! Thank god I get to stop the suppositories next week.

Rants/Raves/Randoms?
    I was instructed by my RE that I should get in and see my OB in 2 weeks but when I called they wanted me to have an intake with the nurse to have betas drawn… um I’ve already had 3 but whatever. Then they said they can’t get me in to see my OB until the end of March. I’ll be well into my 13th week by then. I was hoping to get a NT scan and NIPT draw (my OB has mentioned these in the past because I’m high risk).  Anyone else thinking of getting these? I really don’t want to find a different OB because everyone talks so highly of her (clearly she’s popular). She’s also a high risk doc and already knows all my medical history. I’ve sent her a medical message to see if she can squeeze me in early but I’m not sure what she’s going to say. If it’s this hard to get in to see her then maybe I don’t want to go with her anyways… What would you ladies do?

Questions?
    See above.

GTKY: Recount your BEST Valentines day on record.
    A year or 2 into our relationship, MH and I bought nurf guns and had a nurf gun war. It was a lot of fun.

Valentines day hasn’t always been the most romantic for me (I actually forgot it was Valentines day today lol). I have a worse Valentines day story… I was dating a bad boy, ex heroin addict (…I know, I know), who was originally from across the country. He got a couple days off of work and asked to borrow my car to drive back home for his father’s birthday. It happened to be right around Valentines day. Of course I said yes and off he went. Everything was fine and when he got back we celebrated Valentines day a day late. After our date he asked to borrow my phone to log into his Facebook. The idiot forgot to log out and gave me my phone back. Later that night I get a Facebook message from some girl and realize he was still logged in. He had been cheating on me with this girl the whole time he was back home. And one encounter was in my car! I went a little crazy and threw all of his stuff out on the curb.

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Options
    @LJMoon6 - First and foremost.. YAY FOR THE HEARTBEAT! Second, I would not be okay with waiting until 13 weeks. My re told me if OB couldn't see me @ 10 weeks, then she would see me one last time. See what your doc says about fitting you in early, but maybe the RE will do you a solid and scan you again before your 13 week appt. Agree that you shouldn't try and find a new OB in a scramble. 

Also, your ex bf. WTF. 
  • Options
    @chichiphin oh my goodness, a lime? That's so exciting! Good luck with your ILs this weekend.
    @lillywonderland sooooo weird looking! I was laughing about it and DH got all offended. It was cute.
    @LJMoon6 woooo, a heartbeat!!!! I wouldn't want to wait until 13 weeks either. Definitely call and see if they can get you in earlier, even if it's with a nurse practitioner.
  • Options
    @nomangos23 Well since I had an ultrasound last week with my RE, they marked that I've already had my dating ultrasound. I'm hoping I can sweet talk them though lol. Protein has been hard for me to stomach lately too. I've been eating a lot of teriyaki bowls and that somehow helps me get the chicken down. 

@lillywonderland I did give my notice. I gave it last week, so my last day will be next Friday. They were really upset, which was completely understandable. It will be hard to transition my projects to someone else since I work remotely and I think that has them super nervous.But yes! I'm going to take a couple weeks off between jobs. The new one won't start until mid march. Stay safe and dry in the rain! We don't get crazy rain like that here, so it always fascinates me to see it on the news. 

@themadcamel Isn't Anthropologie the best? I haven't shopped there in forever because it is so expensive, but I love the style. I'm glad your ultrasound yesterday went well! 

@LJMoon6 I totally thought when I started traveling for work I would get to have a little fun, but no, I rarely get to do anything besides sit in meetings. I think clients feel like they are paying you to be there, so they book your day from sun up to sun down. Yeah, I would definitely try to get in sooner. That would have me on pins and needles waiting that long. Also, super cute Valentine's Day story (not the crazy ex-BF one lol). 

@chichiphin A LIME!? What! That feels like a big milestone to me. So exciting. Good luck with the in-laws. That would be rough...
  • Options
    @kgg2241 OJ was ALL that I craved in my first pregnancy! I was told it was for the folate! It has never tasted better than it did then!

@themadcamel Yay for arm nubbin waves! Oh man, that really got me! That's gotta make it feel real! So sweet :)

@chichiphin if the in-laws are going to be there at least you'll be at your fav restaurant and can distract with the yumminess :) 

@LJMoon6 The NIPT has definitely piqued my interest but I'm not sure yet if we'll do it. I mostly want it for gender reveal but DH wants to be team green - boohoo :( Follow your gut about your OB. If you really love her try mentioning your concerns and giving her another chance. If it becomes a pattern feel good about searching for a better fit. What a terrible Valentines story! I'm sorry you went through that but I'm so glad you're out of that!

What's going on with Baby this week?  Fingers and toes are forming!

How far along are you? 7w4d

Anyone have an appointment this week? Nope

Cravings/Symptoms? Reese's PB cups. I HAVE to stop! Uh oh, I think I might vomit here for the first time...

Rants/Raves/Randoms? We've had more than one medical professional warn us against the unknown effects of ultrasounds and one study that actually showed that the (was it DNA, genetic material, something like that) of mice was permanently altered after ultrasound for some number of generations. I'm not all for all of the extra exposure just for fun, like I used to be but now DH is like, scared shitless. We don't so ANY ultrasounds or dopplers except for the 20 week anatomy scan. I feel like we're doing the right thing but I do miss seeing those sweet pictures and hearing the sweet heartbeat. I get pretty jealous when everyone else talks about it. 

Questions?

GTKY: Recount your BEST Valentines day on record 9 years ago today DH proposed! There's no beating that!
    Pregnancy Ticker