April 2019 Moms
Options

Week 3 Check In w/o 2/11

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions? 

Rants/Raves? 

How are you feeling? 

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? 

GTKY: What's the most annoying habit a person can have?

Re: Week 3 Check In w/o 2/11

• Options
    Due date: Null and void - RCS on 3/27

Any appointments? Questions? I have a regular OB this Friday, after that I start weekly appointments. 

Rants/Raves? Rant: Pain Rave: We had a 4D ultrasound on Saturday so we got to see his cute face a lot. DD actually took a nap both days this weekend (she usually nap strikes on Saturdays) so it was awesome to get a nap in both days!

How are you feeling? Pregnant. Mid and lower back pain, hip pain, sciatic pain, peeing all the time, starting to waddle (or so it feels), hungry and not at the same time. So, pregnant.

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? Finished the basement (YAY!!!), got the glider and bouncer out, cleaned out his room/closet, moved the furniture where it needs to go, got out more baby supplies that we will need and I pulled the stuff out that I will pack for him in the hospital bag. So, we got a lot done. I'm making a second to do list since we pretty much crossed everything off our other list. 

GTKY: What's the most annoying habit a person can have? I hate it when people chew with their mouths open. Sometimes MH breathes too loud ;)

• Options
    Due date: 4/18

Any appointments? Questions? Growth scan on Saturday. And a doctors appointment tomorrow for DD, she’s getting some shots and probably going to be awful all week.

Rants/Raves? 

I don’t have cholestasis!! 

How are you feeling? 

I’m 90% sure I’ve got antenatal anxiety. So...bad? I have a follow up appt with my doc next week and am going to ask for meds, no way I’m going another 8+ weeks feeling like this. I would message her today but I’m guessing she’d want me to come in and I do not have time for that this week. (I know I know, my health should be a priority, I get it) 

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? Nope  

This is a long list but right now my coworker that constantly clears his throat is driving me absolutely nuts so I’d have to say that. 

this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Due date: 4/15 but ideally deliver w/o 3/18

Any appointments? Questions? Went to the OB this morning. Nothing special. 

Rants/Raves? Rant: I have a 4:00-5:00 meeting on my calendar. I go home at 4:30. Check people's out of office times guys. I don't want to stay late. Rave: DH got like, 90% of the electrical run for the attic yesterday. We may actually have some place to put these children!

How are you feeling? Exhausted. Up a few times last night with reflux/vomiting. Had some moderate cramping last night but my OB said that since it subsided with laying down and relaxing with some water that he's not too concerned. He did give me a labor check list to keep on the fridge. 

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? I pulled out all the NB cloth diapers and preemie clothes we have. I'm gonna have DH grab me boxes of DSs old NB clothing too to sort through and find the smallest ones. I don't think I've ever actually met a preemie before so I'm having a hard time conceptualizing how small they may actually be. (Is that dumb??) 

GTKY: What's the most annoying habit a person can have? Chronic lateness bothers me. And I don't mean like, 5 minutes. I mean like, 20-30 minutes. Other people's time has value. 

• Options
    @mrdcle I'm having trouble conceptualizing preemie status too. DD was 7.13 when she was born at 39 weeks so I'm hoping he's not too teeny tiny. I just need to find preemie clothes in a store so I can buy a few onesies/jammies. I'm glad you didn't go into labor last night :)
  • Options
    @mrstmoose I’m having the hardest time finding preemie in store. I swear everywhere had some when I didn’t need it. I have some from DD but since she was 5lb 14oz full term and this one won’t make it that far I’m thinking I might need more. I’m also hoping the growth scan can give me some more insight on potentially what we might be looking at as far size/birth weight. 

@MRDCle fingers crossed that those boys stay put at least a little longer! 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    @thatbaintforbetty BBB had some online...but I just hate buying that kind of stuff online. Target needs to get with the program and have a small preemie section. I'm hoping he'll be around the 5-6 pound mark since at my 28 week MFM appointment he was estimated at 2.15 lbs. Ugh, it's stressful. 
  • Options
    @mrstmoose I haven’t even found much online that I’ve liked. I know Target carries it, or at least the one by me does but it seems as though they only get an initial run of a collection in preemie and don’t get any restock of it. So it’s gone fast. I’ve been keeping my eye out but may have to wait till the next season/style change. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    Yeah the MFM the other day was saying the boys are on track to be 5.5lbs if we make it to 36 weeks so I don't think we need TONS? But I feel we need SOME.
  • Options
    Due date: 4/15

Any appointments? Questions? Had one last week. Dr keeps saying I’m measuring ahead so she thinks he’s going to be huge which gives me anxiety. 

Rants/Raves? I go part time at work next week which will hurt our wallet, but I’m so excited to be able to take naps and spend more time with DD before this little one shows up. I also passed state board on Friday so now officially a licensed esthetician! So much stress has been released! 

How are you feeling? Like hell. I feel like my pelvis is going to snap in two. My lower back freezes daily so bad that I can’t move. 

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? Car seat came on Friday and the bassinet stand is being delivered this Friday. I’ll probably order some more things for him this week as well.

GTKY: What's the most annoying habit a person can have? Chew with their mouth open or constantly shake their leg...both of which DH does all the time  :|

• Options
    Congrats on licensing @harveyisaboysname!
  • Options
    @MRDCle @mrstmoose does this help for scale? This is early clothing for DD, so just shy of 4 lbs and 16” or so long. (also the outfit is Burt’s Bees and I LOVED it).
  • Options
    Due date: April 20th

Any appointments? Questions? 

We're seeing the midwife tomorrow just for a check in. 

Rants/Raves? 

I had my last class of water aerobics today, and I'm going to miss having that exercise since I'm so immobile on land. Besides that I'm just hoping the babies are growing better, and waiting anxiously for the next measurement next week. 

How are you feeling? 

Lots of heartburn and a bit of nausea again. Feels like the boys are poking and pressing on all my inner organs. 

Not much but I got a package in the mail with some little clothes for the babies. 

Right now I'm really annoyed at my neighbor who is smoking indoors and it's leaking into our apartment. So frustrating! 

• Options
    @MRDCle my friend just had her twins and they're so small they can't even fit a nipple in their mouth (born week 32) I agree with you it's hard to get a grip of how small they will be. I've stocked up with some clothes in size 44 and if that's too big, I'll just roll up the sleeves I think.
  • Options
    OMG @lyse01 if I wasn't already pregnant that may have given me baby fever. So teeny.

@honey_suckle I was just talking to DH about how I want to be in a body of water somewhere. Anywhere I could be buoyant would be nice. Sending growing vibes to your boys. When is your appointment next week?
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty I'm sorry you're feeling anxious, I hope you and your doctor can find a good solution to help you make it through the last weeks of pregnancy ❤️ hugs! 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Due date: 4/21 Any appointments?

Questions? Next week. Any specific reason everyone’s already getting growth and positioning ultrasounds? My Drs haven’t mentioned it.

Rants/Raves? Rant: way too much to do still, and my shower isnt until I’m 35 weeks. I was told that was normal, now I feel I’m cutting it close! Rave: finally understand my GD better and am staying on track. Plus I can have ice cream and rice!

How are you feeling? Fantastic physically, though turns out I have to stop lifting. Lifted a very heavy bucket of clay slip today and felt something kind of give inside me (!). So guess I’m back down to 35lb weight limit :( A bit of nausea as well and suddenly I feel like it’s the 1st trimester again. Mentally, I have good days and bad days but the meds seem to be helping.

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? Set up the bunk beds, got the mattresses, and organized the nursery! Blocked out where the crib is going to go, hung the mobile, etc. Still have some more organizing projects in the rest of the house that need to happen before baby’s closets can get organized.

GTKY: What's the most annoying habit a person can have? Meanness. Hands down. I don’t mean snark, I mean downright cruelty with their words.
    Me: 29 DW: 44
  • Options
    @sheepshepherdess I think it’s because we have a lot of high risk mamas in this week. They generally aren’t standard in a normally progressing/low risk pregnancy. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    Due date: 4/18

Any appointments? Questions? I had a prenatal this past Friday and my growth scan; doctor has changed his mind about a c-section and induction so I'm back to delivering vaginally. 

Rants/Raves? Rant: my OB's indecisiveness is giving me anxiety even though I trust his judgement. I would feel better if he'd stop changing his mind so much. Also, I still haven't heard yes or no to the job interview I went on, which is annoying. Rave: this baby is growing "textbook" according to the MFM. I'm so, so happy she hasn't shown any signs of thyroid issues or anything else. 

How are you feeling? Big, definitely more tired, and constantly needing to pee. +1 to feeling anxious, and I'm really ready to not be pregnant anymore. I want to meet this kid already! Also excited for my honey/babymoon.

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? We're pretty ready to go really, everything is done. I nested super hard in second tri. 

GTKY: What's the most annoying habit a person can have? Open mouth coughing with the tongue out, like little kids do. 

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• Options
    @honey_suckle Thank you, I honestly probably needed to talk to the doc sooner but was kinda hoping I’d make it through on my own. Today has actually been super stressful/annoying/making me want to cry or scream and it’s very much solidifying that it needs to be done.

Also the GD is really killing me today, a bowl of ice cream would really do wonders for my mood, lol. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    @thatbaintforbetty thanks! Feels like there are a lot of high risk folks on the bump in general somehow. Hope you can figure out some good meds. I was really surprised at how many options were safe(r) during pregnancy! 

@mrstmoose I’m jealous of how much you’ve gotten done, my list keeps getting longer and I can’t keep up!
    Me: 29 DW: 44
  • Options
    @MRDCle we've got 3 appointments on the 18th when they are checking all the growth and blood flow etc. It's crazy how detailed info they can still get inside the womb. Also, find a pool! It's the only thing that helps for me. I feel like I've turned into a water loving hippo.

@sheepshepherdess it's tough to have to stay away from lifting. I'm at the point where I can barely reach the floor, and it's so frustrating to have to ask for help with everything even though DH is being super weet about it. Also yey for ice cream and rice! 

@thatbaintforbetty ugh I can't even imagine how tough it must be to stick to the diet when things feel like crap. Sending strength and cauliflower bouquets to munch on! 
  • Options
    @MRDCle the smallest baby stuff we have is from this brand: https://www.polarnopyretusa.com  (didn't know they exist in the US too!) they have really good quality things so I was lucky to find preemie clothes second hand. 
  • Options
    Due date: 4/16

Any appointments? Questions? I have an appt with my doula on Wednesday and we are doing a footzone! I'm excited for that. Next Dr appt is next week.

Rants/Raves? Only 2 weeks left of working for me!! (Because of the move) I'll have to start looking for a new part time job once I feel I'm ready again, but that's still a few months away.

How are you feeling? Getting uncomfortable 😔 my legs always hurt and I'm really tired. But I got a prenatal massage yesterday, and that helped!

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? I have my first shower this week! I'm actually really looking forward to it. 

GTKY: What's the most annoying habit a person can have? Definitely loud chewing/eating noises. Yuck yuck yuck.

• Options

Due Date: 4/17

Any appointments? Questions? Supposed to have my last ultrasound this week, weather permitting

Rants/Raves? Rant: Someone constantly insisted we meet up last week, even though their kids were getting over colds. Finally agreed. Now DD has a doozy of a cold that she's passed onto me. For the last 3 nights I've been awake almost every 30-45 min because I can't breathe. To add to the fun, we got a bunch of snow and where I live, snow plows will only come down suburban roads if you pay them about $250 to do your street. And I'm supposed to limit my activities and not carry DD around too much, and she happens to hate the snow. So we are super trapped at home, I'm beyond sleep deprived, feel like garbage, and also an dealing with psyatic back pain. Oh, also I'm still stuck in my parent's nonbabyproofed home waiting for our new place so we can move, which apparently will still be a few more weeks (our original timeline in Nov. Was "just a couple days into Feb").

How are you feeling? Horrible! Tried to have fun with DD yesterday but I feel sick and tired and just done.

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? No but last week I bought some things which now seems like great timing.

GTKY: What's the most annoying habit a person can have? Bad driving.

• Options
    Due date: 4/14 (I've noticed there are a couple 4/14'ers who post in the week 2 update thread, but at 31 weeks in I'm going to stick with week 3!!)

Any appointments? Questions? 32 week appt next week 

Rants/Raves? Rant - so, so tired. 

How are you feeling?  See rant above - up several times a night to pee.  Napping during the day when I can. 

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? Returned a bunch of duplicate items and items I didn't need after my 2 showers and slowly tackling the ThankYou notes little by little each night.  Also, finally got painters in yesterday to paint the entire condo which is something that has been lingering on my To-Do list for months and what I know I'll never get to once LO is here.  Next up is tacking and organizing the nursery! 

GTKY: What's the most annoying habit a person can have? @MRDCle with you 1000% on the chronic lateness!!  Chronic disregard for other people's time is such a sign of disrespect, IMO. Every once in a while is fine or by a few minutes is understandable, but there are certainly those who are chronically and substantially late all.the.time. - aka my DH. He's the nicest, most gentle soul but cannot be on time for the life of him (and this is WITHOUT kids) and he doesn't see it the same way I do, thus it's probably the biggest cause of conflict in our marriage. He doesn't discriminate either -- doctors appointments, work meetings, social outings, dinner reservations, you name it he's VERY late. In his defense, he isn't upset about other people being late and would never complain about something like that....but I'm REALLY trying to get him on a more mainstream time table. 

• Options
    kayceebaby1kayceebaby1 member
    edited February 2019
    Due date: 4/16

Any appointments? Questions?  Have my 32 week next week. Had my 30 week this week instead of last week because my doctor had a family emergency.

Rants/Raves? 

Rant- my doctor hedged about my follow up ultrasound for GD at our last appt. She had said definitely the apt before and then yesterday she acted like she had no clue why she would have said that...

How are you feeling? My hips hurt. I'm super heavy and frustrated with how much energy it takes me to go from kneeling to stabdibf. I'm sleepy and lazy. 

Yes! We picked paint colors and this weekend my FIL is coming over to help me cut in the edges for painting. My husband is currently putting flooring in the attic and just built the crib. Once the flooring is done we can move our things into storage and really clear out the nursery for baby things.

GTKY what'sthe most annoying habit a person can have? I'm short tempered with people who are short tempered. I can't stand it when people flip out quickly about really small problems. My SIL is infamous for freaking out about something tiny (like having to wait a minute for her coffee) and it makes me so annoyed. 

• Options
    Due date: 4/15

Any appointments? Questions? My appt was cancelled this week because another mama was in labor, so rescheduled for next week.

Rants/Raves? 

How are you feeling? So emotional. So large. So tired.

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? Its just a continual process of cleaning & prepping at this point. 

Ahhhh, I'm so annoyed by SO MANY THINGS right now that I'm having a hard time narrowing it down to one. I guess a lack of general compassion for others? Self-centeredness.

BabyFetus Ticker image