Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Healthy Habits Check In Week of 2.11.19

2»

Re: Healthy Habits Check In Week of 2.11.19

• Options
    @kagesstarshroom TBH I flip between pop and soda all the time. My issue is I have no self control. I either need to be 100% done with pop or else I am 100% drinking it. Also getting into at home yoga. I use DDP yoga because it seems like a good balance of actual "working out" but still gentle yoga. And I loved wrestling growing up and he was a favorite of mine.

@jennifer_louise peanut butter is life. Hence why we can't have any in our house because we eat it by spoon full as a "snack"

@kerco925 congrats on the weight loss!

@31magnolia caffeine and sugar withdrawal headaches are 100% the WORST. But keep it up because the pay off is the best!

• Options
    @thatcma Have you ever seen Zevia? It's color-free pop that is sweetened with stevia so you don't have to worry about the fake sweeteners! 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @brookert615 is it similar to like Lacroix? The issue I have with most of that kind of stuff is I hate carbonated water. The flavor is what I really want lol
  • Options
    @thatcma I'm the same way with soda - either I'm on it or off. There's no in betweeen. I haven't had a soda in probably a year, and I really don't miss it anymore. I keep a few blood orange San Pellegrinos in the fridge, but they are almost too sweet since I cut back on sugar.

Ladies, I've been horrible this week. It's been cold and rainy, and I just have no motivation to exercise. I'll definitely go to the gym tomorrow, but we'll see about today.. 
  • Options
    Funny story from eating a healthy kiwi this morning:

I went into our break room to get a knife and spoon to eat the kiwi I had. As I'm cutting the fruit in half my coworker says I'm doing it wrong. What I should do is cut along the outer edge of the fruit inside the skin and then scoop it out (similar to what you might do with a grapefruit).

Anyway, I had him demonstrate since I wasn't entirely sure what he was talking about. He cut a kiwi in half then proceeded to miss like half of the fruit as he cut the circle around. He eats that, then basically squeezes out the remaining fruit getting the juice everywhere. I asked "how is this easier? You've made a huge mess" and he says "yeah but I've already eaten half of my kiwi unlike you" (at this point I was scooping kiwi out of a half with my spoon). I told him "yeah but I'm savoring my kiwi". He eventually agrees that yes, his method was more messy so I call that a win!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 - I've never seen anyone eat a kiwi like that, or like you were, lol. I always peeled mine with a knife and then cut it in rings or slices like an apple. DH eats the skin and all! 🤮
  • Options
    @marebear15 That's so wrong. I just can't. 😂
  • Options
    @marebear15 how could anyone eat the skin of a kiwi?!?!?! Yuck!!  @inthewoods23 I eat kiwi like you do... cut in half and then scoop out with a spoon and eat!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Options
    @kpearse99 the skin is edible, although kind of difficult to eat. I rarely eat the skin.

@marebear15 that's how my mom used to cut it up for us. I think in college is when I learned to cut it in half and scoop it out for a less messy snack. Also grapefruit spoons work great for kiwis too!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @thatcma Ew no! Definitely not like flavored sparkling water! They have a ton of flavors and curbs that pop craving! 

@ruby696 YOU CAN DO IT! I know it's tough when it's gross out! 

@marebear15 MY SKIN CRAWLED just thinking of eating the skin on a kiwi LOL! 

@inthewoods23 I eat my kiwis like you do! They sound so good right now!
    TW
  • Options
    @ruby696 i was so surprised how awful i found a san pellgrino after not having one for a while and drinking la croix! so sweet!

@inthewoods23 I love fruit, but I hate that fruit can be so messy/hard to eat, you know? also, thanks dude for mansplaining how to eat a kiwi  :|

@thatcma ahaaaa. okay, yes. i get you, on the on or off the pop wagon! no inbetween. good luck with yr home yoga practice! i always feel better when i do it, but when i always find it so hard to get back into, even though i know it will make me feel better...
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom Maybe I should give la croix another try. I just think sparkling water tastes like dirt. But maybe now that I'm used to less sugar I'll like it?
  • Options
    @ruby696 maybe!!! there are certain flavors i much prefer over others. we love the coconut one, though apparently it is widely hated. i also like the citrus ones (esp. pamplemousse!) over most of the others and don't prefer the ones that are in taller skinnier bottles and have fancier flavor names? short story long: each la croix is sort of its own beast, to me. 
  • Options
    I made myself go to the gym at lunch; I decided to force myself to run a couple miles on the treadmill. While I was running, a Marine got on the treadmill next to me. So since I'm super competitive, I made myself pace him. I'm feeling pretty good about myself right now!
  • Options
    Fail of the week - we had a Valentines day pot luck at work which consisted of heavily frosted cookies and mini cupcakes from the grocery store, sweetart hearts, giant cookie, crackers, cheese, and sausage, bagels and bagel dip, pretzel balls and dip, chips and french onion dip.

While I had some crackers, cheese, and sausage, and pretzel balls, I had 1 mini cupcake, 1 cookie, and 2 handfuls of sweetart hearts.

I need better restraint!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    brookert615brookert615 member
    edited February 2019
    @ruby696 That's awesome!!! 

@inthewoods23 Potlucks are dangerous! I literally can't participate and I hide when we have them lol!
    TW
  • Options
    @b_1029 I might make cupcakes tooooo; now I feel better about my choice. 

• Options
    @b_1029 - Those are cute!
  • Options
    @ruby696 Yes, you go girl!!

@b_1029 They look yummy!!  Especially that icing!!

I made a heart shaped cookie cake the other day for DS and MH and so far it's barely been touched except by me.... but I've gotten my workouts in every day this week so that balances it all out, right?!  At  least that's what I tell myself!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Options
    @marebear15 I didn't know you could eat the skin of kiwi! still don't think i'll be trying it anytime soon. 
    @thatcma thanks! 

My SO got me a vase full of roses and lilies and NO candy this year. I was ecstatic! Lol. He usually tries to tempt me with the sugar. 
    I also just bought the book It Start With The Egg", so we'll see what other suggestions it has. 
  • Options
    Just signed up for the spring FighterDiet challenge! *-As I plan my weekend of gluttony*

TW
  • Options
    @31magnolia I have been trying to figure out a book to buy, so checking that one out now! Thanks for pointing me in its direction.