April 2019 Moms

Week 3 Check-in w/o 2/4

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions? 

Rants/Raves? 

How are you feeling? 

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? 

GTKY: What’s your favorite Girl Scout cookie? And/or, what’s your favorite sweet treat? 

Re: Week 3 Check-in w/o 2/4

• Due date: April 16th

Any appointments? Questions? My 30 week appt was rescheduled to next Monday due to my doctor's family emergency (think good thoughts!). Can't wait!

Rants/Raves?  Raves: my folks just bought the crib for us last night. I can't wait to have the crib all set up in our room. That will be the real deal. Anyone have kitties who will definitely be all over the baby/crib/bassinet? How do you deal at night/naptime? Are we going to have yowling cats locked outside our door at night?

How are you feeling? Exhausted. Moody. Very particular and ocd like I usually get when I'm pms-ing. Maybe that's not a bad thing? We have a guest room that needs to turn into a nursery!

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? We went and picked out paint colors. That's about it. We've also been trying to purposefully spend time together having relationship discussions about how our relationship is going to change and how we want to guard, protect, and honor our relationship when baby gets here. 

GTKY: What’s your favorite Girl Scout cookie? And/or, what’s your favorite sweet treat? 

OMG this is torture when you have GD. Brownies, ice cream (moose tracks and cookie dough), thin mints are my fave GS cookie, although I also love caramel delights/s'moas.

• Due date: 4/21

Any appointments? Questions? 30 week is today. Also found out the preauthorization didn’t go through with my insurance for the dietician/diabetes expert appt today so am kind of pissed. 

Rants/Raves? Insurance is evil. I really miss my daily chocolate snack lol. We butchered all our chickens, one more step towards easy care farm chores!

How are you feeling? Pretty good physically still. Mentally just all over the place with all the GD struggles.

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? So many things organized! Bought two used twin mattresses and bunk beds to set up. Can’t wait to finish cleaning out the nursery and the house overall.

GTKY: What’s your favorite Girl Scout cookie? And/or, what’s your favorite sweet treat? I can’t have any of these right now so I’m very sad. But Samoas for sure!

Me: 29 DW: 44
  • Loading the player...
  • @kayceebaby1 wish I could help with cat advice, we lost our indoor cat a few years back and haven’t gotten another one.
  • Due date:  4/18

Not till my growth scan on the 16th

Rants/Raves? 

My DH all of a sudden has all his friends wanting to hang out with him, like texting every day/night. And it’s annoying the hell out of me, they all know I’m pregnant but they are all single guys or they have no kids and don’t get that he can’t go out every night. It makes me feel bad when he asks and I say no, even though he knows that doing certain things has gotten much harder and I need his help a lot more. He fully understands that he has responsibilities and even he’s getting annoyed that his friends don’t understand. 

How are you feeling? 

Still so very tired  💤 and cold. I don’t get the overheated feeling during pregnancy and it would have been super nice what with how cold it’s been. 

Made some more lists, lol.

Thin mints!! But I also like the shortbread and the coconut and the lemon. I miss sweets. I have the worst craving for cake and cannot have it. 

this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @kayceebaby1 I don’t think our cat had any interest in the crib/baby stuff. Except maybe if I left a blanket out on the bed and he decided to lay on it. I think the first time she cried he decided he didn’t want to be near her. He’s cool with her now but kept his distance when she was a tiny stinky noise maker. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Due date: 4/15

Any appointments? Question? One last week, one next week!

@kayceebaby1 FWIW, my cats were/are all about baby stuff when there is no baby in there. With DD, and with both of my infant nephews they all ceased being interested in the baby stuff once there was a baby in them.

How are you feeling? So tired.  

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? I put together a shelf. Made some lists.

GTKY: What’s your favorite Girl Scout cookie? And/or, what’s your favorite sweet treat? I am super into the shortbread & the peanut butter ones. 

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • mrstmoosemrstmoose member
    edited February 2019
    Due date: My due date is null and void now. RCS has been moved up to 3/27

Any appointments? Questions? Appointment next week then I start weekly

Rants/Raves? Rant: For those who didn't see in randoms, I have a complete placenta previa and will have to have my RCS at 36+4. I just wanted one normal pregnancy that was not anxiety provoking. And while I realize what is important is that he and I are both safe and healthy, it's still hard to take. Rave: DD has been referring to baby as HER baby. So that's pretty adorable. I just love the hell out of that girl.

How are you feeling? Tired, anxious. 

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? All of his clothes are washed and put up (that happened a month ago), bottles have been sterilized and put up, bathtub has been washed out. DH should finish the basement by Friday so we will spend the weekend moving stuff around and probably setting up his crib. I have a list of things to do and my mom is hosting a shower at my house in 3 weeks so we have a lot to do to get the house ready. I have my pre-admit appointment scheduled and we have a 4d ultrasound this weekend.

GTKY: What’s your favorite Girl Scout cookie? And/or, what’s your favorite sweet treat? I'm not a huge fan of Girl Scout cookies. Right now, I like boxed chocolate cake with chocolate icing (heyyy Betty Crocker).

• @thatbaintforbetty holy cow I've been having these insane hot flashes and of course they started AFTER it got warm again. I think it's cooling back down soon which would be nice because I'm dying. 

Due date:
    4/15 (though induction/CS will happen w/o 3/17 if they don't arrive on their own)

Any appointments? Questions? Really good, reassuring ultrasound yesterday. Boys are growing better (3lb4oz for one and 3lb5oz for the other!) and are head down, plus we got to see them practice breathing. It made me happy to see that they're working on their lung development in case they come sooner rather than later. I have my regular OB appointment tomorrow. 

Rants/Raves? Rants: Please people stop commenting on my size. It's not a compliment. It makes me anxious. Raves: The boys are moving SO MUCH and it makes me super happy, even though at times it's almost painful. Oh! And five weeks of work left!

How are you feeling? Overall pretty good. I get a headache almost every day by afternoon, I'm exhausted, my body hurts, and I get a ton of BH, but I'm still up and moving. A lot of people made me think that past like, 28 weeks with twins I would be down for the count, but I'm still working and taking care of the house (granted, it's not in the BEST condition, ha) but I'm happy I haven't been sidelined. 

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? I'm gathering all our preemie/NB clothes to set aside for them when we have a room for them. I need to get the diapers for NB set aside as well. Meeting with the doulas on Thursday, and I am going to get our hospital bag packed (last minute leggings purchase and some nursing bras are set to arrive today.) 

GTKY: What’s your favorite Girl Scout cookie? And/or, what’s your favorite sweet treat? Thin Mints are the only acceptable GS cookies IMO, but I prefer a lot over those. DQ Cupcakes have been my jam this pregnancy. All time fave dessert though is Tiramisu. 

• @mrdcle someone at work (who I already don't like) commented on my size yesterday by saying "you look like you're about to pop." Made me hate her even more.
  • @kayceebaby1 we're letting the cats get used to the baby furniture at the moment. We'll play it by ear once the baby comes and we see how they react.  I'm guessing they'll want nothing to do with him/her, but who knows

thatbaintforbetty I was also kinda looking forward to being warmer this winter, and it has not happened for me 

Due date: 
    4/16

Any appointments? Questions? Had a growth scan yesterday.  Baby's growth is still on track, and they've turned head down!

Rants/Raves? I'm feeling so spacey.  I can't seem to finish one project before my brain moves onto the next.  I don't think I'm going to finish up my project at work before leave and it's bothering me way less than it should.

How are you feeling? Tired.

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? We (DH) rearranged the furniture in the nursery so that we can keep the guest bed in there for the short term.  We also assembled baby's wardrobe and crib.

GTKY: What’s your favorite Girl Scout cookie? And/or, what’s your favorite sweet treat? Samoas.  Favorite sweet treat would be ice cream.  I'm going to eat all the salted caramel ice cream once baby is here and this diet is over.

• Due date: 4/14

Any appointments? Questions? Next appt not for another 2 weeks.  

Rants/Raves?  As a FTM, the kickcount thing has got me all sorts of freaked out. Yesterday I was concerned because I felt like I didn't feel as much movement as usual - so I had some OJ and laid down and sure enough the movements started. But at 30 weeks +3 I do think they feel slightly softer, or different, than they have been in previous weeks. Reading online makes it sound like a typical concern and potentially due to the baby changing position or running out of room, but it's still freaky!!  STM's, how am I supposed to stay sane for the next ~10 weeks?? 

How are you feeling? Tired. And pretty much like a waste of space at work and like I don't deserve my paycheck (but I'll cash it anyway).  Over the work thing for sure.

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? Had my second baby shower over the weekend (one in my hometown and a second in DH's hometown...lucky me!) So started unwrapping and organizing and putting together return piles, etc.  Have already taken 3 plush rattles / stuffed animals out of our dog's crate....this is going to be tough, I can tell!!  But I can't help but laugh because I understand her confusion  

GTKY: What’s your favorite Girl Scout cookie? And/or, what’s your favorite sweet treat? Not a huge Girl scout cookie fan but if I had to choose, it would be Samoas or Thin Mints. (also, anyone else notice how much the cookies have shrunk in size from when we used to sell them??)  I definitely caved at the 2-for-1 valentines M&M's sale at CVS yesterday. Let's see if they last the week

• eli_belleeli_belle member
    edited February 2019
    Due date: 4/16

Any appointments? Questions? Not for another two weeks.

Rants/Raves? I am pregnant-raging over here. I am making sure I have all of my ducks in a row for the start of my maternity leave. I called our short term disability provider to make sure I know what paper work to submit and when to submit it. The dude I talk to lectures me about how if I want to start my leave before my due date then I need to have a "legitimate medical concern" that must be "an ongoing pregnancy complication" which is documented in my medical record. It pisses me off so much that some group of men sitting in a conference room somewhere are making blanket decisions about whether a women has a "legitimate" reason to be out of work due to pregnancy. F-ck you dudes. You have no f-ing idea what it is like to be 8 months pregnant. I literally have a hard time walking right now but please tell me whether my pain is "legitimate." This decision should be between a woman and her doctor. Period. I guarantee you if men could get pregnant there wouldn't be so much bullsh*t around pregnancy.

How are you feeling? Terrible!!! I think I have plantar fasciitis in my left foot and a pinched/irritated nerve in my right hip/groin area. As a result walking is super painful and I can barely hobble to my desk in the morning. Suddenly men that I work with (who--up to this point--have not even mentioned my obvious pregnancy) are asking me if I hurt my leg. I usually respond, "Umm, no" and leave it at that. But I really want to yell, "Umm, do you see this pregnant belly, dude? I don't really want to casually talk about my inflamed pelvic/pubic area. Do you?!" So many men throughout all three of my pregnancies watching me waddle around with a third trimester belly asking me what is wrong with my *legs*. SMH.

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? Pre-washed fabric for baby quilt, which shrunk in the wash requiring me to go back and get more fabric, lol. Second load has been pre-washed and I'm looking forward to cutting it out and piecing together.

GTKY: What’s your favorite Girl Scout cookie? And/or, what’s your favorite sweet treat? Samoas!! None of this Caramel deLite nonsense!

• eli_belle said:
     I guarantee you if men could get pregnant there wouldn't be so much bullsh*t around pregnancy.
    TRUTH. 

Also my DH’s friend was over last night and was around last time I was pregnant too, so very familiar with the whole I give myself shots before dinner. And he and my DH were both commenting on how they could never do that. I looked right at them and was all thank you for reminding me why men are weak and clearly do not do the whole carrying a child/being actually responsible for the survival of the species thing. Neither had a response, or rather both wisely choice not to respond. The shots are not fun and they often sting/are painful but it’s not like I have a choice ffs. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Due date: 4/18 but CS is 4/12

Any appointments? Questions? Prenatal and MFM growth scan this Friday, 2/8

Rants/Raves? Rant - My OB is having me do a week of glucose monitoring because somehow my A1c and fasting blood sugar tests coming back normal were not acceptable to him. I'm over being pregnant. Also, I interviewed for a permanent position with my company that I currently contract for and I've still not heard back with an offer, so I'm just an anxious, tired pin cushion. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow I'm going to assume I didn't get the job.

How are you feeling? See above.

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? Planning on finishing putting down 1/4 round with DH this weekend. We redid our floors last April and never quite finished them.

GTKY: What’s your favorite Girl Scout cookie? And/or, what’s your favorite sweet treat? Thin Mints, Samoas and Tagalongs. Cheesecake.

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• @emeraldisle87 I was obsessed with kick counts with DD, but she also had a heart condition that I was super paranoid and anxious about (as I should've been). I'm not as worried this time; as long as I feel him move throughout the day, I don't get too worked up. I can count on him to move a lot around 5:30-6am, mid morning, and around 9pm. Since I'm working throughout the day, I'm moving a lot so if I get worried, I just sit down and poke him. He'll usually punch me back :)eli_belle said:
    eli_belle said:

"The dude I talk to lectures me about how if I want to start my leave before my due date then I need to have a "legitimate medical concern" that must be "an ongoing pregnancy complication" which is documented in my medical record. It pisses me off so much that some group of men sitting in a conference room somewhere are making blanket decisions about whether a women has a "legitimate" reason to be out of work due to pregnancy. F-ck you dudes. You have no f-ing idea what it is like to be 8 months pregnant. I literally have a hard time walking right now but please tell me whether my pain is "legitimate." This decision should be between a woman and her doctor. Period. I guarantee you if men could get pregnant there wouldn't be so much bullsh*t around pregnancy."

Girl, preach it.
  • @sheepshepherdess :( sorry about your kitty and your GD struggles. I fully understand :/ 
  • Due date: April 20th

We've been having some extra checkups for the twins this week because of the fact that tw1 is not growing as fast as tw2 (wrote more about his in the MoM update) but they haven't been able to find anything wrong with them or me, so for now we're just hoping that he'll start catching up some weight over the next weeks. 

Rants/Raves? 

I've been feeling so appreciative of DH this week. He really tries to do everything to make me feel better and take care of me and the boys. He is litterally the sweetest man alive (getting sobby) I myself feel like a complaining little monster, and all he does is give me more love when I grunt from the sofa. On the boring sidfe of things, I'm sad to miss out on some celebrations this week as one of my colleagues is finishing his PhD and having a big party on friday that I can't go to :( Just wishing I could move around a bit more without being in pain. 

How are you feeling? 

Like I'm ready for this pregnancy to be over. I just want my babies now. Everything hurts and I'm tired and grumpy. I need cuddles with baby smell and some hormones to get me in a better mood.

We bought a new microwave lol. Our old one broke about a year ago and we decided to see if we could manage without, but with all the freezer meals that I've stocked up now, it definitely felt like it was going to make life easier to have one around.

We have co-ed scouts here (I remember scout camps partially being about making out with boys when I was a scout lol) and the scouts don't sell cookies, so I have no reference, but I'm not a fan of mint anything, so it would have to be some other flavour. For sweet treats I love things with marzipan in it and I really don't like icing. For my birthday DH always makes thin waffles which I absolutely love.

• Also, I feel so bad for you guys with GD struggles @sheepshepherdess @kayceebaby1 @thatbaintforbetty ! It was my biggest fear, and I've somehow managed to not get it (even though I was in the highest risk category in all ways possible (weight, twins, family with diabetes). Is there anything else in terms of snacks that you guys can binge on? Some sugar free ice cream? Coconut? Dried apricots? Dark chocolate? 
  • @honey_suckle GD is mostly about carb/sugar control so the only truly “free” thing to eat is like veggies (and only the non starchy kind) and protein. And also the right carbs at the right times.  I know some people who eat a small bowl of carb smart ice cream for their bedtime snack but most of the low carb versions don’t taste good to me (and have lots of weird artificial ingredients), most of the sugar free versions still have carbs. I’ve tried finding some Keto diet snacks since it’s that weird fad diet about no/super low carbs but a lot of things have nut butter and I’m very averse to peanut/almond/sunflower etc butter when pregnant. I have a small piece of dark chocolate with some almonds (which I’m not averse to, super weird) as my bedtime snack. But fruit is a big no unless at snack times or with meals and have to be part of the allotted carb amount. And even then my doc just had me switch out fruit for a more complex carb in my snacks since fruit is a simpler carb and rises/crashes faster and isn’t working with my insulin regime. (I apparently metabolize it faster then the norm and kept crashing, no fun) Its pretty strict in certain ways since you end up with much smaller amounts of carbs then most people normally eat (165ish grams vs 250-300 grams normally). It’s very eye opening when you realize just what/how much carbs everything has. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• @MRDCle YES to tiramisu, probably my favorite dessert of all time. I really
    miss sweets lol.
  • @honey_suckle pretty much what @thatbaintforbetty said. I’m so glad you didn’t get it because it’s honestly really scary. Turns out fruit is also a huge trigger for me as well?! Which is horrible because it’s always been my go-to snack. No binges allowed unless it’s on some salad... and then you have to watch the carbs in the dressing! I’m allowed to have 240g of carbs so far, but that may change based on my levels. 
  • I have some vanilla yogurt (9g carbs, 15 protein) that I sometimes have as my bedtime snack and it’s almost like having pudding... Also are all of us GD folks in week 3?!
  • @fuzzywombat I think most of us are, lol.

Also my doc told me no dairy in my bedtime snack. 🙁 They are okay with the little bit of chocolate since my fasting numbers have been great so I guess it evens out. 

I really miss milk though. I can’t have it with breakfast or at bedtime. I usually drink at least 2 big glasses with dinner so going to one small one is tough. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• @thatbaintforbetty @sheepshepherdess I was trying to stick to an LCHF/GI diet last year when I was struggling to get pregnant because of my PCOS, it was the worst, but also very eye opening to how much sugar and carbs there is in everything. I ate a lot of nuts and salty coconut flakes and definitely didn't completely cut out dairy, that sounds so difficult. Stay strong girls! All the credit to you guys for trying so hard to keep things good for your babies ❤️
  • I've been so MIA for a bit, DH is home so we are trying to pack stuff into the week since he won't be back again til mid March😅

Due date: 4/16

Any appointments? Questions? Next appt is on Friday

Rants/Raves? FINALLY got to start setting up the nursery since we got to move to our new place this last week. I'm totally loving it and can't wait to finish decorating!

How are you feeling? Getting more uncomfortable every day... Baby girl is crazy active and loves to tickle my sides. I've also had a bit of nausea come back, but not too terrible yet. Headaches seem to be making a return as well and I'm NOT thrilled about that.

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? See above

GTKY: What’s your favorite Girl Scout cookie? And/or, what’s your favorite sweet treat? Samoa's, for sure. I love sour treats... Particularly spur gummy worms.

• Due date: 4/15

Any appointments? Questions? Tomorrow! 

Rants/Raves? I’m sick of this cold weather. I also love that the cold weather means I still don’t have to wax my underarms  :D

How are you feeling? Done! My hips hurt. I’m always hungry. I’m so exhausted. 

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? Finally bought the car seat and grabbed a diaper pail too. Gave DD her own diaper bag for the baby ( it was the freebie from Babylist). I’ve never seen her so excited!  

GTKY: What’s your favorite Girl Scout cookie? And/or, what’s your favorite sweet treat? Hmmm I really love thin mints, but this week I’ve been craving tagalongs like crazy. I ate an entire box to myself last night....whoops

• Due date: April 17

Any appointments? Questions? Nope

Rants/Raves? Rave - DH has been amazing and basically doing all of DD's bedtime routine after work and keeping her occupied as soon as he gets home. So happy to see him as he was hardly around while he was busy moving out of our old suite. Also DD seems to be over her nap regression from moving... she's sleeping pantless, but hey I will take what I can get!

How are you feeling? Alright, although I'm sleeping in 1.5 hour chunks most nights.

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? I just realized after someone else's comments that I don't have any diapers, even on a to-buy list, for baby. Silly me. I tried to find some secondhand stuff for baby yesterday but just ended up getting me and DD stuff instead, whoops.

GTKY: What’s your favorite Girl Scout cookie? And/or, what’s your favorite sweet treat? We only have 3 options (vanilla, chocolate or mint) ... I guess the mint ones? I'm once again doing a "no desserts" (a bite or two of sweets is ok but that's it) bet with DH during pregnancy so if I could eat anything I would go for ice cream or tiramisu.

• Due date: April 17th

Any appointments? Questions? None

Rants/Raves? 

How are you feeling? Good.  I do feel like my pelvis/hips are either loose or moving??   Trying to stay cognitive of it so I don't pull a muscle.

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? Not much. Thinking about doing things but that's about it. ;)

GTKY: What’s your favorite Girl Scout cookie? And/or, what’s your favorite sweet treat? Samoa's in the house here!!!  I just wish they weren't so expensive. 

• Due date:  4/18

Any appointments? Questions?  Between the MFM, my OB and NSTs I have appts every week. I'm at an NST now

Rants/Raves? DD has been constipated and I think that's related to her wetting the bed 3 nights in a row. Miralax is not helping

How are you feeling? Tired because I keep getting woken up MOTN

Did you do anything to prep for baby this week? No, hubby and I bought the Nintendo Switch for ourselves so I've been playing Zelda all week  :D

GTKY: What’s your favorite Girl Scout cookie? And/or, what’s your favorite sweet treat?  Definitely caramel delights but I like thin mints and smores too

Favorite sweet treat would be ice cream

• @MRDCle yes I feel like so many people comment on my size daily, I'm so it over it