Intro! First time IVF on gonal flare protocol (TW for losses and child) — The Bump
Infertility

Intro! First time IVF on gonal flare protocol (TW for losses and child)

Hi everyone! I am currently undergoing a gonal "flare" protocol (I think, that's what it says on my sheet), Lupron and Gonal 300 iu 2x a day. I am 36 and H is 45, I have DOR with an AMH of .56. My AMH was 1.2 a year ago, so it is dropping fast.  I do not know how to post the "spoiler" thingy, so I am just going to hit enter a few times here before I spill out my history...
TW TW TW
Since we started trying in early 2015, we had one unexplained MC at 12 weeks which resulted in a hemorrhage that put me in the hospital. I ended up requiring a surgery a week or so later including a D&C and the removal of most of my right ovary which was apparently harboring a 9 cm cyst. At that time they cauterized a bunch of endometriosis also (August 2015).

I did a letrozole cycle in December 2015 and hit a home run on the first try, resulting in my son Julian, born September 2016 at 39 weeks 5 pounds 14 ounces. No known reason for his size, but he is still under the growth chart now (but perfectly happy and healthy otherwise!). Got my period back even though BFing on demand around 4 months and started trying again in February 2017 without success. Bloodwork in December 2017 showed mostly normal numbers except an AMH of 1.2, including a normal prolactin level despite continued nursing.

Three cycles of clomid in early 2018 yielded nothing. A BFP in June 2018 resulted in another unexplained MC at 5+1 in July. Have continued cycle tracking/ OPK/ timed intercourse since then with no results. Repeat bloodwork in December 2018 showed my AMH had been slashed in half in a year's time, and was at 0.56.

My RE recommended IVF with PGS in case genetic issues are causing the miscarriages, and he recommended I act fast due to the plummeting AMH levels. Surprisingly, he suggested I go ahead with the egg retrieval this month even though I actually have not yet managed to wean my stubborn toddler. I will need to wean by FET but he thinks that is less urgent which I guess makes sense if our main problem is DOR.

My baseline AFC was 14 which I thought was shockingly good considering, but was 10 follies in the good ovary and 4 in the damaged one. I am taking 600 a day of Gonal and am super worried about the undamaged ovary being hyperstimulated. I go in for my second u/s tomorrow (and then every day until retrieval) so hopefully they can adjust to whatever will give me the best overall outcome.

I am spending waaaay too much time googling IVF things, and wanted to reach out to some people who are also going through this sort of thing, and add support to people who are trying medicated cycles, etc. I am a Bump veteran, I still remain close friends with my group from around the time of the birth of my son. Happy to "meet" everyone!

suzycupcake