July 2019 Moms

Nursery Plans

Re: Nursery Plans

• All of these ideas sound awesome. I haven't started planning and don't know if I should since we are hoping to move in the fall  
  • edited February 2019
    We're team green and officially doing STEM with a lean towards space/exploration/sky, and I have a mini-rant. Why do so many of the baby iterations of sky stuff involve suns and moons with faces?!?!?! I get that it's cute, but I'm not sure I can do it...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • We love this design for baby boy. We probably won’t splurge as much for the crib/dresser as we did for DD, but baby is going to be in our room for 4-6 months like DD was anyways, so I’m not rushing to get the room ready. 
  • @greeneyedgirl12 if you're a crafter, we saw a cute, blue flannel that was rockets and moons and stuff like that. I'm sure there are more colors available. 

• We decided on a grey, orange, and white accent wall for our nursery.  The rest of the walls will remain white.
  • @cindler I'm not, but I have a friend who is. Will have to look into it. If I stick to stars, there's a decent number of options, but I want to get actual space and maybe some robot stuff in there and almost all the suns and moons have faces... Thanks for the tip!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @greeneyedgirl12 have you seen this swaddle blanket from Copper Pearl?! Doesn't help too much with a nursery but thought you'd like it! It's currently out of stock but I'm sure will be restocked.... they also have one called "galaxy"
    https://www.copperpearl.com/collections/swaddle-blankets/products/knit-swaddle-blanket-lunar 
  • Nursery area layout help needed. The nursery is in our room. I can't figure out which set up I like. There will be a rocker and foot stool instead of the chair.

Number 4, the nightstand is on the right of the chair  
  • @asupernovablizzardstorm I like #1 the best + I recall something about not having the crib right next to a window, maybe because of safety or the temperature difference close to windows when it’s very cold outside. 
  • @asupernovablizzardstorm I like Option 1 because it puts the rocker in the corner. I had my rocker in the corner at first and just recently moved the room around to give DD more play space. Now the rocker is flat against the wall and I hit it more often - I have to pull it out further. It tucked in more nicely in a corner. May not be an issue with yours, but something to check!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @asupernovablizzardstorm Another vote for #1. I wouldn't have the chair right in front of the window, you'll want that darker corner so the light doesn't accidentally shine in baby's face. Also, don't get rid of the little table - you'll want that, believe me.
  • @asupernovablizzardstorm my vote is for #1 as well.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat I'd choose the second one. Looks easier to anchor to the wall. 

I've got to start anchoring things around my house... ugh. 
  • Thanks ladies!

@nopegoat love that print!! 
  • @nopegoat Super cute and rustic! I also vote for the second for easier anchoring, and it looks like it'd hold some of those square bins nicely.
  • edited March 2019
    @nopegoat, gotta go with the first one. I really dislike those cube storage shelves. I have several in our playroom and can't wait to get rid of them for something more like #1.  

Edited to add, they sell those big metal letters at Hobby Lobby, we bought one for DS's room! 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • Have you gals seen this brand "Ruggable"? They are machine washable rugs that look really nice. I think they will be perfect for baby's room. (And replacing my living room rug!) They come in a LOT of patterns. 
    We have hardwoods throughout our entire house, and the idea of washable things is my jam! (You've all seen the lovesac washing I did.) 

I'm thinking I want a super subtle beauty and the beast theme. That means, creams, very light pinks, golds maybe a little bit of teal, some subtle damask prints, and books! My mom had saved my books from childhood and my sister found the box when she died and so it is in my garage/house already. So we already have a huge jumping off point. 

• @hakele, I was considering the ruggable rugs, but I heard bad things.  A friend got one and said after one wash, it was all curled up on the edges and won't lay completely flat now. I am sort of OCD about home decor, so that would drive be crazy. The reviews online also aren't good. I wish they were because I have seen several cute ones I would like as well. 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • @ameliabedelia-2 I haven't seen that. The big things I've seen is that they don't do great with pets who pee on the rug. I don't have any pets, so I wouldn't have to worry about that. 
    I have really severe allergies, so the idea of a washable rug is really nice to me. The only other ones I've seen are more expensive and have a Latex backer. And I'm allergic to Latex... so that is out of the question. 
  • @nopegoat I love those paintings. What a sweet addition to the room! 

The crib is put together, just need to get the mattress for it. Was planning on reusing DS2s crib mattress, but he’s still in his crib. The dresser is painted, so now I can get her clothes put away and figure out what if anything we still need. Have a few pictures to hang, and we need to finish getting my oldest’s old bed frame out of there. Should be all set soon! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • keebler6elfkeebler6elf member
    edited May 2019
    Uh... Well, we OWN a crib, pack n play, and a car seat... And the crib mattress delivered today. LO'S closet currently looks like this:

So we've got a bit of work to do... But in a pinch, we have a car seat to get her home and a safe place for her to sleep. 
  • @nolemomma14 thank you! I'm really excited about the paintings. I wanted a "farm" type art piece for the room but had not found the right piece for the right price. So this was perfect.

@keebler6elf Yea.. We have nearly everything but the carseat. Priorities, yo. 🤣🤣
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • I’ll post a picture as soon as my hubby gets around to hanging the last few things on the walls. I’m so excited to be done, mainly so I can wash and organize his clothes in his dresser. Slightly disappointed since I had planned on painting the room but we’re in the middle of basement renovation and were able to get the nursery done weeks sooner since I made the compromise to leave it rather than repainting. Also still using his closet for storage, we don’t have a linen closet upstairs so his doubles as that but it’s huge so it’ll work fine I think. The other side we have basement stuff stored but slowly are moving that out now that our reno is close to being done so it feels like it’s coming together! 

@nopegoat I LOVE that storage setup! 
  • Just bought these on Etsy. Need to get some frames, order another piece of artwork, and some shelves for the walls, then done!

• hakelehakele member
    I still have nothing. But we at least registered for some decor and stuff for her room. I totally wasn't going to do a specific character and then I saw this CUUUUTE Little Mermaid set on Amazon, and now I want that and I don't care. 
    I'm hoping to make a decision on the paint color for the room this weekend. We are thinking Pink, but once I put a patch of it on the wall, now I'm just not sure. Ugh. 
    I did get all of my laundry done and cleaned out of there. That will move into my office in the future instead of the "blue room" as it was formerly known, AKA, hakele's clothes room. 

I went through the closet and started to cull out things that were ridiculous for me to be keeping. A little Marie Kondo style clean up. Like, I got rid of my old prom dresses. I'm never going to be a size 5 again in my life. So they are gone. I had some sentimental time with some of the old stuff, but again. I didn't need out of fashion junk from high school! So it is gone and I have MUCH less to contend with in that closet. 

We are about 1 week out from completing the bathroom. All that is left is to paint and do some decor finishes. Plumber is coming tomorrow to fix the tub spout and then that puppy is D-O-N-E! and can be showered in. Yay! My mom and sister will be really pleased when they are here in two weeks for my baby shower. 

I still cannot for the life of me choose furniture. For some reason, it is the hardest decision of the whole thing. I hate every crib or it is $400+ and I don't want to spend that much for a crib that is only going to be used for like 2 years. It just seems silly. 
  • We're doing a yellow submarine theme. We got paint last night, so DH is priming it this week and painting this weekend. We got some really awesome prints at our shower this weekend that'll look sweet in the nursery. And lots of ocean themed stuff too to go with our theme.

@hakele we're reno-ing our bathroom too so once that is done here the next few weekends, we'll get on finishing the nursery!
  • Stars and moon theme here. So far this is what I got. 
  • @vanillalatte89 those sheets are so cute! 
  • hinoteshinotes member
    @samanthak46 I love your yellow submarine theme idea - so cute and unique/creative!

We don't have a theme, just trying to make it colorful and fun.  We haven't had our shower yet, but there are a lot of things on there for the nursery (including bedding and art) that we'll see if people want to get before we get them and put the room together.  The baby will sleep in a bassinet in our room anyway for a few months, so I am not feeling a huge sense of urgency...