1st Trimester

7 weeks pregnant with false negative HPT

Hi ladies I am so confused, I asked my DH again to pick me up some HPT at the dollar store yesterday evening and right away I did 3 test and it all was so faintly positive after being strongly positive on previous ones so we insist that I tested again the following morning which was this morning because I woke up and automatically felt myself and seen that I was spotting & bleeding again. This has been going on and off for over two weeks now so I’m not that alarm because I don’t have any cramping at all but to be on the safe side I am always checking at home for confirmation that I am still pregnant🤰🏽 

Okay so I pee test this morning and the second line did not show up, not even faintly! I have my first prenatal visit on Monday Jan 28, What if it shows up negative at the doctors office as well? I have heard stories of negative pregnancy test with expectant mothers, how could there be such a thing? 3 weeks ago I went into the ER for confirmation, I was given an ultrasound in which they couldn’t see anything wrong they said I am really pregnant and everything checks out perfect, blood & urine test and all. Why is my HCG levels so low right now? Why does this happen? I still feel something wiggling in my belly down there. Please explain to me, is there a positive outcome for me having a healthy pregnancy? I don’t drink alcohol, I don’t smoke or do any kind of drugs. I eat healthy all my life. I was diagnosed with PCOS since 19 years old, I am in my mid 30’s now. I been married for almost a decade, we really want this baby/kids. I am so hurt and confused right now. Did anyone of you had a successful pregnancy in my situation? Please I need answers 😪

Re: 7 weeks pregnant with false negative HPT

• Hi ladies I am so confused, I asked my DH again to pick me up some HPT at the dollar store yesterday evening and right away I did 3 test and it all was so faintly positive after being strongly positive on previous ones so we insist that I tested again the following morning which was this morning because I woke up and automatically felt myself and seen that I was spotting & bleeding again. This has been going on and off for over two weeks now so I’m not that alarm because I don’t have any cramping at all but to be on the safe side I am always checking at home for confirmation that I am still pregnant🤰🏽 

Okay so I pee test this morning and the second line did not show up, not even faintly! I have my first prenatal visit on Monday Jan 28, What if it shows up negative at the doctors office as well? I have heard stories of negative pregnancy test with expectant mothers, how could there be such a thing? 3 weeks ago I went into the ER for confirmation, I was given an ultrasound in which they couldn’t see anything wrong they said I am really pregnant and everything checks out perfect, blood & urine test and all. Why is my HCG levels so low right now? Why does this happen? I still feel something wiggling in my belly down there. Please explain to me, is there a positive outcome for me having a healthy pregnancy? I don’t drink alcohol, I don’t smoke or do any kind of drugs. I eat healthy all my life. I was diagnosed with PCOS since 19 years old, I am in my mid 30’s now. I been married for almost a decade, we really want this baby/kids. I am so hurt and confused right now. Did anyone of you had a successful pregnancy in my situation? Please I need answers 😪

A positive pregnancy test is a positive, no matter how faint. If your blood work and ultrasound and all that jazz looks fine, I don't know why you're concerned about your HPTs. I'd stop using them if it were me, your pregnancy has already been confirmed. Also, google the "hook effect."

The 28th is only one day away, so wait until then. Finally, it's physically impossible to feel a baby moving at 7 weeks. It's probably gas or digestive distress or something else. 
  • Exactly what she said ☝️☝️☝️

I am confused as can be though: why would you go to the ER and waste their time and resources to confirm a pregnancy!?!?

See what they say at your appointment tomorrow.  
  • Loading the player...
  • See above.  I will add though, if you go to your appointment and the tests are negative after you've confirmed the pregnancy (not sure why they'd do another urine test if you've already confirmed, but they might I guess), tell them about the bleeding.  They would likely do an ultrasound at that point to see if you had miscarried.

The strength of the line on your positives tests doesn't matter...positive is positive.  But at 7 weeks your hsg shouldn't be so high as to cause hook effect yet.  I'd think you'd still see a second line, even if it is faint.  The latest I ever tested was about 8 weeks and there was definitely still a second line at that point.

If you did miscarry, dont blame yourself, there is nothing you could have done to change it.  An overwhelming majority of early miscarriages are due to random genetic conditions that you cannot prevent from happening, and most women go on to have healthy pregnancies after miscarrying.
  • just sayin... at 7-8 weeks you can't feel the baby... what your feeling is gas..
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17