April 2019 Moms
Options

Week 4 Check-in w/o 1/21

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions? 

Rants/Raves? 

How are you feeling? 

What have you done to prep for baby this week? 

GTKY: What’s the best vacation/trip you’ve ever been on? 

Re: Week 4 Check-in w/o 1/21

• Options
    Due 4/17 (28 weeks)
    I have my glucose appt this week and an ultrasound. 
    I'm supposed to get weekly ultrasounds but it's just not possible for me and when I declined the receptionist looked at me like I grew an extra head. I know most people would love more ultrasounds but the facility is 30 min away and I doubt drive my boyfriend does (who currently lives 40 min away) he just can't take off work they often. I'm also annoyed because the reason for the extra ultrasounds is because I'm high risk due to being overweight and they want to make sure she's not too big. She's always perfect she's at the low end of average. I'm losing weight instead of gaining and everything is going great. I just don't see the need.
    I'm feeling lousy most of the time. I just want to be done!
    I built babies swing this week. It's so cute!
    I haven't taken many vacations but I guess the best would be to Virginia. I went with my family. We visited Colonial Williamsburg and the beach. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @stefanielyn1991 have you looked into rides for low-income people to medical appts? (I assume low income because you mentioned you’re not working.) I know they exist in my area, and your insurance and/or dr’s offices are often able to help connect you to the program. My friend who had to use it (also a non-driver) said she had to set it up well in advance and often had to wait after the appointment, but it reliably got her to her prenatal appts while her husband was working. 

Also, there’s no way you’d know this but a due date of 4/17 puts you in Week 3 for these weekly check ins. For next week :)
  • Options
    EDD 4/26, 26+4

Appointments: 2/1 for glucose test 

Rant: this frigid, icy weather can suck it. 
    Rave: leaving for babymoon Thursday! 

Feeling: tired, bloated, back pain. Constipated. 

Baby prep: well, I organized my own clothes and filled three bags to donate. Which is more about having that mental load off and having the space to start sorting through baby clothes. We are removing popcorn ceiling and starting the painting process when we get back from the babymoon. It’s only four days and the weather is going to be just as crappy there as here, but hey! It’s time away! 

GTKY: I had an all expense paid trip to Europe in college with a bunch of philosophy majors. We visited France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, and Lichtenstein. It was amazing. But probably the best vacation I’ve had was to Tybee Island Georgia. Stayed in a beach house, celebrated our fourth anniversary, and we made DD on our anniversary too. Haha. 
  • Options
    Due date: 4/26, 26w4d

Any appointments? Questions? Glucose screen and OB appointment this afternoon. 

Rants/Raves? I get so annoyed at people in my town who don’t shovel their sidewalk. My balance is crummy enough right now, I don’t need to choose between your snow/ice and walking in a busy street. This is right near a train stop and an elementary school, too!!

How are you feeling? Pretty good, though tmi I’ve had the worst gas and constipation the past couple days. 

What have you done to prep for baby this week? Ahh.. not much. Did some cleaning, but that sure won’t last until April. 

GTKY: What’s the best vacation/trip you’ve ever been on? Two years ago, DH and I went to Japan. Aside from the horribly long plane trip, it was a ton of fun. Amazing food, great museums and sightseeing, and so easy to travel around. I’d go again in a heartbeat. We’d love to explore other parts of the country, since we mainly stayed in Tokyo and Kyoto.

• Options
    Due date: 4/26

Any appointments? Questions? Next is 2/6.  Took the glucose test and passed

Rants/Raves? Itchy and uncomfortable.  And we’ve got 13 more weeks?!?

How are you feeling? Oops, see above itchy and uncomfortable.  And still hating winter. 

What have you done to prep for baby this week? We made space in our 1 bedroom for or 2nd child!  I’ve gotten all the old clothes out and now I have to figure out how to organize them  

@lin0442 Tokyo Japan was my favorite. It was also our honeymoon and we were officially married there. It was just a magical place and time. Food was amazing and people were wonderful. We splurged on the hotel and it was so worth it. We felt like royals. They treated us to a night in their sister hotel which included tatami mats and an onsen. I can’t wait to go back and see even more. 

• Options
    Due date: 4/27

Any appointments? Questions? Next week I have bloodwork at the endocrinologist and then the dreaded glucose challenge test. I hope I pass!!!

Rants/Raves? I’m currently seated (smooshed, really) between two men on the subway who are man-spreading extra wide. I want to yell at them to close their legs because surely whatever is going on up in there isn’t as uncomfortable as holding a baby between your hips! Grrr...

How are you feeling? Energy-wise I’m feeling good. Been able to stay up much later than usual. Typical hip and back aches. Some shortness of breath and heartburn every once in a while.

What have you done to prep for baby this week? Hubs and I cleaned out and painted the nursery over the MLK holiday weekend. Very happy with how it turned out!

GTKY: What’s the best vacation/trip you’ve ever been on? My honeymoon to Italy was pretty spectacular: the sights, the food & wine, the weather, and spending a truly carefree and relaxing ten days with my love. Take me back!!

• Options
    Due date: 4/21-22/19

Any appointments? Questions? Just got my 1 hr and 3 hr glucose tests done  ✅ passed the 3hr! I was really anxious but it wasn’t even a close pass. 

Rants/Raves? I keep tripping or slipping on things in the house because I can’t quite see under my feet anymore  

How are you feeling? Tired and soo relieved not to have GD. I have such no restricted diet I was worried I couldn’t manage all of it. 

What have you done to prep for baby this week? We found a new in open box stroller car seat combo that is the one we wanted on eBay for $100 less than in store. 👌

GTKY: What’s the best vacation/trip you’ve ever been on? I like anything with the ocean, so going to Sanibal Island as a kid was awesome. As an adult going go Glass Beach in Fort Bragg was a highlight. Also camping at Lake Tahoe was really fun. 

• Options
    Due date: 4/25 (but measuring about a week early)

Any appointments? Questions? 28 week Ultrasound and 2nd glucose test on 2/1 

Rants/Raves? My H is driving me crazy with his procrastinating! The baby's room is currently being used as his office (with a mountain of hand-me-down baby items growing in the corner) and he needs to vacate the room stat so we can start actually preparing. 

How are you feeling? Some wicked indigestion at times, but other than that, I feel great. 

What have you done to prep for baby this week? Called my insurance to inquire about his first thirty days coverage (he's not) and my pump. 

GTKY: What’s the best vacation/trip you’ve ever been on? My honeymoon in Paris. It was every bit as amazing as I thought it would be.

Me: 36, H: 37 | Married: 10/15/16 | DS#1: 7/18/04 | DS#2: 4/18/19
    BFP: 1/26/20 | EDD: 9/20/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    mesweetteamesweettea member
    edited January 2019
    Due date: 4/24

Any appointments? Questions? First appointment with midwife (instead of obgyn) yesterday - so much more chill and personable! Got a mild admonishment for not having gained a lot of weight, but it was all very relaxed. Second anatomy ultrasound (one of the organ measurements was a little off on the last one, so they wanted to look again) next week and hoping that everything is just straightforward.

Rants/Raves? Rant - right now I just feel like pregnancy sucks in every way. I miss feeling like myself, and I hate all the appointments. How do we still have 3 more months?? Rave - I am loving our new apartment. The neighborhood is great, the neighbors have all been super friendly so far, my commute is pretty easy. I just have a good feeling about it all.

How are you feeling? So tired. All the time. Heartburn - or something kinda like it where it just feels like my chest is uncomfortably full of the food I have eaten recently is really starting to bother me.

What have you done to prep for baby this week? Well, we're in our new apartment as of Sunday. So that's a start, I guess. There's no internet and the gas hasn't been turned on, not to mention that we needed to do stuff like get a shower curtain rod and pantry shelving... so any baby-specific prep is probably weeks away... I hope to sign up for some classes (breast feeding, baby CPR) by the end of the week, though.

GTKY: What’s the best vacation/trip you’ve ever been on? I have been blessed to travel a lot, and prioritize traveling! I'm not sure that I could choose a favorite because I have had such wonderful experiences, some of which were just not comparable. A couple of my favorites would be: backpacking in the Trinity Alps in northern California with my partner - it was so beautiful and peaceful, and we fished and swam in alpine lakes for several days; going to Belize with my best friend and his family--their family friend was the American ambassador at the time and basically just took us on a personal highlight tour of the country; going to Malaysia with the same friend and getting out to old-growth jungles on Borneo where there was just so much non-human life (lots of leeches); and the couple times that I've done bike tours. I love seeing the backroads on a bike.

• Options
    Due date: 4/26

Any appointments? Questions? Had the glucose test yesterday and that's about it until Feb 19.  How often are you all seeing your OB's?  Does once ever four weeks seem like the norm at this point in pregnancy?

Rants/Raves? Feeling lots of kicks now :).  

How are you feeling? Pretty exhausted.  Having a lot of trouble sleeping and constantly tossing and turning all night.

What have you done to prep for baby this week? Finished filling out and submitting some forms to HR and worked on the nursery a bit more. 

GTKY: What’s the best vacation/trip you’ve ever been on? Went on a vacation with family in 2016 to Honduras where dh proposed.  Was so nice in Roatan and can't wait to go back. 

• Options
    Due date: 
    4/22

Any appointments? Questions? 

Next Wednesday.

Rants/Raves? 

I'm about to loose my second insurance and I called what will be my primary insurance beginning February, and I only have to pay 100.00 to have this baby. I'm so relieved.

How are you feeling?

It's getting harder to sleep and stay asleep. Plus I think this kid is hugging my lungs so it's harder to breathe.

What have you done to prep for baby this week? 

Nothing other than call the insurance company. Honestly the only thing I plan on doing is getting the bassinet and a handful of other things from storage since he will sleep in my room until my 1.5 year old DD transitions to her toddler bed.

GTKY: What’s the best vacation/trip you’ve ever been on? 

I've never left the country but I did spend two weeks in Washington DC and new york when I was younger, lots of museums and was able to visit the world trade towers which looking back is pretty cool. 

• Options
    mesweetteamesweettea member
    edited January 2019
    @kristenhk at my appointment yesterday, I was told to switch to every two weeks for check ups, but it sounded like if there was the occasional extra week in between appointments if I was busy, it was no big deal. Probably at your next appointment they’ll ask you to start doing the same? 
  • Options
    @mesweettea ok probably then!  My OB is usually super rushed and she kind of ran out of the room at the end without saying when to book my next one so I just asked the front desk and they said four weeks should be ok. You're probably right, at my next I'll be over 30 so 2 weeks would make sense :)
  • Options
    @kristenhk I have a similar schedule- at my appointment this week (same EDD as you), they scheduled me 4 weeks out, then every 2 weeks after that- so from 30 weeks onward.
  • Options
    Ive been every 2 weeks since 22 weeks because of a risk factor. The medical assistant keeps saying see you in four, and I’m like, nope...2 weeks! Next one is Monday. 
  • Options
    Due date: 4/28

Any appointments? Questions? Prenatal next week. Putting our deposit down with our doula and having DH meet her tomorrow! 

Rants/Raves? So much to do eek! 😬 we have moths in our master closet so I’m taking everything out washing and sanitizing all the things including the closet walls 😂. Plus baby stuff! 

How are you feeling? Getting over a virus otherwise good. 

What have you done to prep for baby this week? Dug out the changing pad, infant car seat and nursing pillows! 

GTKY: What’s the best vacation/trip you’ve ever been on? Toss up between the quiet honeymoon we had inHawaii and our first family vacation to Disney land with our son (who was 2 at the time) it was such fun!!! 

• Options
    Due date:  4/25, 27 weeks

Any appointments? Questions?  In two weeks for my monthly checkin.

Rants/Raves?  I had to buy maternity exercise clothes last week and there wasn't much to choose from, but at least I'm still able to go to the gym.  With DD, I was sick the majority of the 3rd trimester.

How are you feeling?  My hips/lower back are so stiff and sore even after chiro aligned everything.

What have you done to prep for baby this week? Ordered crib sheets and changing pad cover.  DDs room is lady bugs/red. We finally found a dinosaur pattern with red so we don't have to paint, yeah!

GTKY: What’s the best vacation/trip you’ve ever been on?   Honeymoon in Jamaica at a resort for adults. DH and I scuba diver together!