April 2019 Moms
Options

Week 3 Check-in w/o 1/21

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions? 

Rants/Raves? 

How are you feeling? 

What have you done to prep for baby this week? 

GTKY: What’s the best vacation/trip you’ve ever been on? 

Re: Week 3 Check-in w/o 1/21

• Options
    Due date: 4/15

Any appointments? Questions? GD test Thurs.

Rants/Raves? I quit working bc picking up the 7 month old I was caring for was becoming extremely painful. It's kind of freeing, but also...like what do I do with my time now? Oh yeah, ridiculously reorganize my house obviously! 😂

How are you feeling?  Mostly ok. Large & uncomfortable at night.

What have you done to prep for baby this week? Bought some birth supplies & a few onesies that I will hand dye in a perfect universe, lol. We will see if it actually happens!  

GTKY: What’s the best vacation/trip you’ve ever been on?  Our last vacation was to a beach in southern GA. We walked less than a block to the beach every day & just hung out. It was perfect.

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    Due date: 4/15

Any appointments? Questions? MFM yesterday, OB next Monday I think

Rants/Raves? Nah.

How are you feeling? I have been feeling pretty great, but I think that pregsomnia is finally coming for me. I woke up around 2:20 and really only snoozed from 4-5 after that. Gonna be a looooong day.  

What have you done to prep for baby this week? Nothing really. Until DS evacuates the nursery I'm at a standstill. I do plan to wash some clothes and sort through/prep our cloth diapers soon, but it just seems futile until we have a place to keep everything. 

GTKY: What’s the best vacation/trip you’ve ever been on? I'm torn. In HS I went on a school trip to London, Rome, Paris, Sorrento, and Florence and my dad was a chaperone which was SO awesome and it was my only time going to Europe yet so that stands out, but our honeymoon last March to Cancun was just amazing. Perfect weather, amazing all we could eat food and drinks, days laying by the gorgeous pool and just tons and tons of time with DH. Honestly, the worst part of the trip was that we missed DS a whole bunch. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Due date: 4/18

Any appointments? Questions? I have my 28 week checkup this Thursday, and they'll be scheduling this LO's eviction date so I'll have an actual due date soon!

Rants/Raves? Rave: we found our daycare! I posted about it in the Randoms thread but I was able to tour the daycare I've been eyeing and it seems like the perfect fit! We are putting our deposit down today.

How are you feeling? Other than tired I feel good. Yesterday was a big weight off my shoulders so now I feel like I can relax and enjoy the last 11 weeks of this pregnancy.

What have you done to prep for baby this week? We found her daycare, and I'll be washing her baby clothes finally. I think it's close enough to time that I can go ahead and get it done.

GTKY: What’s the best vacation/trip you’ve ever been on? I went to France and Italy last year with my best friend, and I'm going to Ireland, London, and France next month with DH so it'd have to be those.

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• Options
    Due date: April 16

Any appointments? Questions? Had one last week. Got my RhoGAM shot. Next appointment is in mid-Feb. LO seems happy and healthy. I gained 1 lb through the first half of my pregnancy and have gained 20 lbs in the last two months. Yikes! Doctor doesn't seem worried though, so I'm trying not to be.

Rants/Raves? We bought a minivan yesterday!!! I am actually really excited about this. We have been planning on getting one for a while now and finally pulled the trigger yesterday. Love all of the convenient features and most importantly space! Plus now I get *my* car back.

How are you feeling? I'm having a hard time sleeping through the night. Between MOTN visits from DS and needing to pee every couple of hours I'm running low on sleep. Usually I'm able to go right back to sleep but not these days. Always something running through my mind.

What have you done to prep for baby this week? Bought fabric to make a quilt and swaddling blankets, yarn for an afghan. Got a shelving system for the baby's closet so that I can organize all of the hand-me-down clothes from the first two kiddos. Babies go through sizes so fast in the first year I want everything we have easily accessible and organized before LO gets here.

GTKY: What’s the best vacation/trip you’ve ever been on? Disney World trip with DD right before we started TTC DS. Looking forward to planning the next one once LO is old enough.

• Options
    Due date: 4/18

This week or next...Ishould probably confirm that, lol. Also growth ultrasound coming up.

Rants/Raves? 

I’m so sick of dealing with insurance issues, I swear I’m going to have this baby before we manage to get everything straightened out. Argh.

How are you feeling? 

Tired. So very tired. And having to pee a lot more. All the movement is already slightly uncomfortable and I don’t remember that happening last time till later. I don’t want to think about the next 11 weeks and how bad it’s going to get. Ouchie. 

What have you done to prep for baby this week? Not a damn thing, lol. 

In high school my family and my Bffs family went to Hawaii together.

DH and I need to take a real vacation at some point. The most we’ve done is weekend trips. 

this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • Options
    Due date: Eviction date is 4/16

Any appointments? Questions? Not until next week.

Rants/Raves? Rant: Sleep is hard because my hips hurt after laying on them. Rave: DD has been eating really well and has been super helpful lately!

How are you feeling? Pregnant. You know what I mean.

What have you done to prep for baby this week? Picked up flooring for our basement yesterday (can't get LO room ready until basement is done and I can rearrange 3 different rooms).

GTKY: What’s the best vacation/trip you’ve ever been on? Our honeymoon to Jamaica. 7 days, 6 nights at an all inclusive resort. We literally plopped our butts on the beach every day and it was fantastic. We want to go back soon, but tiny humans.

• Options
    Due date: 4/16

Any appointments? Questions? 28 week next Monday.  Probably a growth check next week as well

Rants/Raves? We have a short list of names for boy or girl! Still need to whittle it down but I honesty thought we’d have an external baby before we had discussed names.

How are you feeling? Pretty good. Slept like crap last night, so also very tired.

What have you done to prep for baby this week? We ordered the crib and wardrobe and they should be coming Sunday.  Need to repaint the ceiling in the nursery and move the guest bed before those get assembled. @wildcosmiclove I also bought some onesies to hand dye 🤞

GTKY: What’s the best vacation/trip you’ve ever been on? Honeymoon in Iceland. We spent 12 days driving around the country and it was amazing. 

• Options
    Due date: 4/14

Any appointments? Questions? 28 week appt tomorrow.  Going to ask the doc so figured I'd ask here as well - any reccos for breast pumps?  28 weeks :neutral: s when I can order the free one from insurance.  FTM so no idea which to get 

Rants/Raves? Rave is hitting the third tri!  And baby shower is this weekend so looking forward to catching up with friends and family.   Not a ton of rants at the moment...

How are you feeling? Good overall - quality of sleep has gone down due to insomnia & the need to pee.. and I guess it won't be getting any better from here on out.   :/ 

What have you done to prep for baby this week? Spent the long weekend organizing closets and putting bags together for Goodwill (anyone else completely obsessed with Marie Kondo and the KonMari method?!) Also moved around the crib and dresser in the nursery to get a feel for the best placement. Currently in a war with DH about a like-new sleeper sofa that he thinks can stay in the nursery and I say needs to go...

GTKY: What’s the best vacation/trip you’ve ever been on? Honeymoon in South Africa. Winelands, Cape Town, Coastline swimming w/ great white sharks, and a safari.  So so incredible and while it's a bear to get to, would highly recommend!!  It's completely english speaking and the American dollar is strong. 

• Options
    mrstmoosemrstmoose member
    edited January 2019
    @emeraldisle87 Spectra tends to be the best that you can get covered through insurance. I got a Medela last time and will try to get a Spectra this time.

eta: I'm obsessed with clearing stuff out and I don't even hold onto things. I've sold most of DD's baby clothes and need to go through my and DH closet. And toys. Oh God, the toys.
  • Options
    Due date: April 20th

I saw the midwife on Friday and my belly measured about the same size as the average "single baby mom"  would be in week 36 lol... all my values looked good though, and I had only gained a total of 3.5 kilos since I got pregnant, so hoping that trend will continue.  

Rants/Raves? How are you feeling? 

My pelvis and groins have been hurting badly. This weekend was spent mostly in the sofa with a minor outing to a baby store that sells cloth diapers which was great because the lady in the store showed us all of our options and demonstrated how to used them on a doll. 

@emeraldisle87 I just watched the whole season of Marie Kondo on netflix and got so inspired to get rid of things that I no longer use. We've already been trying to clear out and make more space in our 2 1/2 room apartment for the twins, but this weekend I packed a whole box full of things to get rid of. For now it will move to the attic, but the plan is to sell the stuff at a flea market once spring hits. I really enjoyed having yard sales when we moved from Canada and had to get rid of anything that we couldn't bring in suitcases on the plane. 

Oh my, too hard to choose! The most epic one is probably the three and a half months backpacking trip me and my best friend did when we were 20, travelling through south and central america on a shoestring (our budget was 20USD/day lol) so many crazy adventures and memories. However, me and DH have done some really wonderful romantic trips as well like one christmas we did a roadtrip from BC (Canada) to Austin and back which was so beautiful, seeing yellowstone, grand canyon, highway 1 and the redwood forests along the way. 

Btw @fuzzywombat we also did our honeymoon in Iceland! So beautiful, and I love the hot springs!

• Options
    @emeraldisle87 I love my spectra. Worked great. Also, I read Kondo’s book a year ago and somehow seeing things on her show inspired me more than just reading descriptions. I mean the book has a lot more ideas and details but the show got me to actually do it. Haha. 
  • Options
    Due date: April 17

Any appointments? Questions? Thursday, Glucose.  Yay?!?

Rants/Raves? Feeling pretty good.  Went ski touring with some friends and our little ones.  It was nice to be out in the mountains and snow!

How are you feeling? Pretty good. 

What have you done to prep for baby this week? Prep?  What Prep?  ha.  nothing really.  Listened to some podcasts on home births. 

GTKY: What’s the best vacation/trip you’ve ever been on? It's a toss up, Jamaica for our honey moon or heli skiing in Alaska.  :)  Both were amazing and unforgettable!

@emeraldisle87 I must look her up.  I have heard lots about her recently!  I'm sure I could use her help with decluttering. 

• Options
    Due date: 4/21

Any appointments? Questions? Glucose test tomorrow! 

Rants/Raves? Nope

How are you feeling? Third trimester nausea, wth is this? Also mood swings and depression worse this week. Yuck.

What have you done to prep for baby this week? Hahahahaha, that's funny. Still working on the house.

GTKY: What’s the best vacation/trip you’ve ever been on? Hawaii when I was a child. Swimming with dolphins and hanging out in resort pools was amazing.

Me: 29 DW: 44
  • Options
    Due date: April 15th

Appointments: Got my Tdap and did glucose test today. My left arm feels like a pincushion.

Rants/Raves?: Husband may be working out of town around my due date and after, making me feel extremely anxious about going into labor without him and then trying to care for myself, a newborn, and a 3 year old.

How are you feeling?: I'm feeling tired and pregnant 

Baby prep: Bought a diaper caddy, going to look at wooden letters for a custom name board

GTKY: I loved the Hawaii trip in HS. I also really enjoyed our honeymoon cruise. And now I want a beach trip lol
  • Options
    Due date: 4/19

Next checkup 2/9

Rants/Raves? 

My Dr. put me on restricted hours- 6 per day max, today was the first day and it was amazing!! My job is crazy stressful (social worker) and I'm really hoping this will ease my anxiety and allow me to take better care of myself and this little one. My maternity leave starts on 3/22, so just counting down the weeks!! 

Also- I  have amazing friends and co-workers! My coworkers are throwing a shower at the office and my friends are doing another shower and I just feel really greatful to be surrounded by so much love and excitement! 

How are you feeling? 

Pretty good, just achy and large. Ive also been really hormonal and moody- my poor boyfriend has been so patient, but finally had to tell me to chill out lol. I cried for most of the afternoon yesterday, but I'm in a much more positive state of mind today haha. 

I bought a new rug for the nursery along with drawer organizers. I'm so excited to wash all of the hand-me-downs I've received and get everything organized!!!

Went to Roatan, Honduras last year with a group of friends and it was really fun! 

• Options
    Due date: 4/16

Any appointments? Questions? Had an appointment with my new midwife yesterday and I really liked her!! I need to set up a hospital tour of my new hospital and pre-register too.. also did my glucose test, so fingers crossed there.

Rants/Raves? We finally have an apartment!! We move in two weeks, so I have A LOT to get done. @emeraldisle87 I LOVE that show! And I plan to employ all the things in the packing/unpacking process. 

How are you feeling? Anxious to get going.. but good other than that.

What have you done to prep for baby this week? I got my pump ordered. I ended up getting the Spectra and ordered the kiinde feeding kit too. I have a friend that used it and loved it, so I'm hoping it will be good!

GTKY: What’s the best vacation/trip you’ve ever been on? DH and I love trips. We live in Utah, so we have a lot of beautiful parks that aren't too far from us. Last year we went to Grand Canyon and it was so so great!!

• Options
    Due date: 4/16/19

Any appointments? Questions?  Just had my 28 week appointment. Baby is measuring about a week ahead, but that makes sense with my diagnosis of GD last week. Have a nutritionist appt Friday to review my #s and make sure my sugar is good with enough carbs.

Rants/Raves? 

Raves: my husband is the sweetest and he has been very tender and caring to me throughout this pregnancy. 

Rants: my sweet sweet husband said "I hate waiting" after our 28 week appt yesterday. I'm like "at least you arent a bowling ball and waiting to push it out of your junk!"

How are you feeling?  Pregnant. A little sleepy and peeing too much, but still enjoying every kick from my partner in crime.

What have you done to prep for baby this week? Helped my mother in law with the invites to my shower... It's March 10. I'm going to be so huge at that point.... I'm impatient to get the stuff so the nursery starts coming together. 

GTKY: What’s the best vacation/trip you’ve ever been on? We love weekend trips to Air BNBs. Really any trip with my husband has been great it's hard to choose. Possibly getting drunk at a winery in Napa during our honeymoon? He's not the type to get drunk, so it was fun to see. 

• Options
    @sheknows6 That’s super exciting to know the date! 11 weeks does not sound like long to go!

Due date: 4/21

Any appointments? Questions? Not until 2/7 doing an elective 3D ultrasound this weekend with DHs family that should be fun!

Rants/Raves?

How are you feeling? Feeling great (rave) lots of energy feel like myself again enjoying it while it lasts! 

What have you done to prep for baby this week? DH painted the nursery last weekend I organized all the clothes and washed the gifted ones picked a dresser but haven’t ordered it yet feels like it’s getting close!!

GTKY: What’s the best vacation/trip you’ve ever been on? Europe last year - London, Paris, Rome, Florence and Barcelona with my husband we lived it up sight seeing amazing food and wine trip of a lifetime I want to go back to London!

• Options
    @sunny_native14 I'm a fellow social worker (I can't remember if we talked about this or not). What field are you in? 
  • Options
    Due date: April 18

Any appointments? Questions? I had my 28-week appointment and a growth scan today. Good news: baby's still measuring "on the small side of normal" at the 21st percentile, so they're not really concerned at this point but keeping an eye on it because of my gestational hypertension. I'll begin biophysical profiles every other week starting at my next appointment at 32 weeks. On the down-side, there was protein in my urine today, and that added to the other symptom's I've been having lately (swelling, high BP, dark spots in my vision, upper abdominal cramps, etc.) gives them enough reason to do further testing for preeclampsia. I have the pleasure of doing a 24-hour urine catch on Sunday to take in Monday morning and will do some bloodwork then too. (At least I don't have to do it during the week I guess.) So, we'll see how that goes.

Rants/Raves? Rave: My husband is a rockstar for putting up with how crazy I've been over the past couple of weeks without making me actually feel like I'm crazy. Rant: I was not nearly this emotional and rage-y with DD, and I kind of wondered if it has something to do with the blood pressure or the meds. I talked with the doc about it today, and we decided to try out a low dose of Atarax (it's an antihistamine that can also be used as a short-term treatment for anxiety) to see if it helps, considering I have a history of anxiety and depression and I was feeling like I was crossing over a line of what would be normal pregnancy-hormone level rage. 

How are you feeling? Totally drained, dizzy and light-headed a lot of the time. I'm blaming the meds, but I'd rather be dizzy than have a heart attack.

What have you done to prep for baby this week? I selected and ordered my breast pump. That's about it.

GTKY: What’s the best vacation/trip you’ve ever been on? I haven't really been on many trips/vacations in several years. A couple of the more memorable ones from childhood would be when we were in Alaska during the period of 24-hour daylight and when we got stuck in Hawaii for a week when a military plane broke down on our way from Japan to US. 

• Options
    Due date: 4/15

Any appointments? Questions? Wednesday I had an ultrasound, Thursday I was at the hospital for my rhogam and today I’m doing my glucose tolerance test

Rants/Raves? I’m annoyed that I was at the hospital for three hours yesterday for the shot but I’m also happy because I was hooked up to loiter baby the whole time so it was reassuring to know he’s doing great in there. 

How are you feeling? Large. Very large and exhausted

What have you done to prep for baby this week? We basically have all the necessary things for him.. Cloth diapers, bottles, some clothes, and a bassinet. I need to order a newborn insert for the car seat we have that we will use for him unless we can afford to buy a new one. 

GTKY: What’s the best vacation/trip you’ve ever been on? Hmm. DH and I went to Bermuda a few years ago with my parents. It was kind of a honeymoon I guess. My parents planned the trip for themselves but got a two bedroom suite and offered the second room to us for a few grand. I’ve been on a lot of really fancy vacations when I was younger but DH had only been camping for vacation so it was amazing to show him the other side of things. 

• Options
    @chrissdee Sounds crappy. Good for you for advocating for you mental health!! It's so important. I have a similar history and fully foresee similar conversations happening either prior to or the year after the baby's born. What does a 24-hour urine test entail?
  • Options
    @sheknows6 looks like you're now in week 2! that's so exciting and nerve wracking that you have an exact date! 

• Options
    Due date: April 17

Any appointments? Questions? Midwife Tuesday, an ultrasound on Monday... apparently I have a short cervix and will have to do these regularly to see if baby is coming early.

Rants/Raves? So last week I had some bleeding, went to an OBGYN the same day and he thought all was ok but sent me for an ultrasound later that week. At the ultrasound they told me to go to the ER (birthing unit anyway)! Long story short, they have no idea if baby is coming any time from this week to the due date. It was quite a disorienting experience, especially as husband was unavailable as he was at a funeral and had no idea I was in the hospital for 2 hours and I couldn't get ahold of DD's babysitter to check in for a while. So I was sitting in the hospital by myself, no idea why I was in triage and if the baby was coming that day, or if I was going on bed rest at the hospital for a while, etc. The good news is, no baby and no contractions for now! 

How are you feeling? Like most others, terrible insomnia. Sleeping a few hours, then up for 2-4 hours, then sleeping in short bursts till DD hollers for me.

What have you done to prep for baby this week? Moving to a bigger place! 

GTKY: What’s the best vacation/trip you’ve ever been on? Went to France with some girlfriends for 3 weeks and had a blast.

@honey_suckle did you used to live in BC? That's my home =)

• Options
    @kayceebaby1 basically I have to keep a hug of urine on ice from 8am Sunday through 8am Monday and then take it in to my OB office so they can measure how much protein I passed over a 24- hour period. 
  • Options
    @sheknows6 that’s my birthday! It’s treated me well I’m sure your Aries  baby will love it 😍 coming right up!
  • Options
    @sleepydaze wow! Hope baby stays put as long as possible. 
  • Options
    @sleepydaze keep us posted, and if you DO end up in the hospital early, feel free to DM me about bed rest and NICU life. Really hope it’s not necessary and your cervix is stable at short!
  • Options
    +3 to keeping us posted @sleepydaze! FX that LO stays put as long as possible.

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• Options
    honey_sucklehoney_suckle member
    edited January 2019
    @sleepydaze I hope you're able to rest at home and that baby stays in for as long as possible. My visit to the doctor this week also ended up in an examination of my cervix and orders to stop working and rest. It wasn't short per se but starting to have a gap from the inside. I have contractions pretty much any time I go from sitting to standing though, so taking it easy is easier said than done. I can't believe you're in the middle of a move as well. Unpacking boxes would be a pain with a baby bump in the way. Also poor you for having to be in the hospital alone. That sucks!

Also, I do miss the beautiful nature of BC! Where I live now is quite the contrast. Super flat farmland, but at least by the sea. 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your concern, I appreciate it! It's been a pretty stressful week with moving on top of everything. The good news is everything looks stable; the physician wants me to try progesterone until 34 weeks but I might have missed the boat on that one since 28 weeks is kinda the end limit and I'm 28 w 5 days. She said it's very likely baby will be here before 37 weeks (DD was 36 w 5 d) but she didn't seem to think baby was coming this week either =) I was told to take it easy but they no longer recommend bedrest to patients. We have a 2nd move in a few weeks (this one was temporary, at my parents, until our new place was available) and I'm trying not to stress over it as DD did not transfer the best into her new room here; she woke me up around 5-6 times last night and I was so tired I smashed my car side mirror while backing out of the garage. Sigh, it's one of those weeks I guess. Hope everyone else is getting rest despite those midnight kicks and bathroom visits!
  • Options
    @sleepydaze what do you mean that 28 weeks is the end limit? For starting? Because I’m on progesterone shots from 16 til 36 weeks.
  • Options
    @lyse01 the physician said 28 weeks is the cut off for starting the pills I'll be taking (as in if I started them later, they might not be effective) and then I take them until the end of week 34. Although maybe here in Canada they have a different policy then what you have?

@honey_suckle
    Sorry to hear you're being limited too! I pretty much am off work too, much earlier than I had hoped to be. Although being able to hand off the cleaning of our old and new places  to DH is at least a perk haha. We also have considered moving away from here, due to the housing crisis, but it would definitely be hard to leave our family and the mountains and ocean!
  • Options
    @sleepydaze hope baby stays put! @chrissdee I had to do the 24 catch with DS at 11 weeks. Worst part is having to keep it in the fridge😡

Due date: 4/19

Any appointments? Questions?  28 week appt tomorrow and GD test.

Rants/Raves?  Rant: DS is sick again and I suspect that he has another ear infection based on his sh*t sleep the last week.  

How are you feeling?  Uncomfortable. Lo is high...ridiculously so. DS1 was as well and the last tri was miserable.

What have you done to prep for baby this week?  Just cleaning. Need to sort clothes and get the nursery furniture painted...oh and clean out the bedroom where LO will be sleeping. 

GTKY: What’s the best vacation/trip you’ve ever been on?   Ireland for our honeymoon;  Europe when I was in high school.

ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• Options
    KUP, @sleepydaze ! I hope baby stays put as close to 37w as possible.
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    @sleepydaze or if it’s a different formulation of progesterone (shot v pill) maybe there really are different indications? I know the shot is expensive so there may also be different protocols in a different health care system, AND some groups define preterm as ending at 34+6 instead of 36+6, with 35-37 weeks being “early term,” so that may play into it too. 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    Are we just updating this week on last weeks post? Or am I confused. 
  • Options
    @mrstmoose I think @squirttheturtle did by mistake but the conversation is mostly about @sleepydaze’s short cervix updates. Sooo go ahead and start this week’s posts?