April 2019 Moms
Options

Week 2 Check-in w/o 1/21

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions? 

Rants/Raves? 

How are you feeling? 

What have you done to prep for baby this week? 

GTKY: What’s the best vacation/trip you’ve ever been on? 

Re: Week 2 Check-in w/o 1/21

• Options
    @kate_e_nb Nova Scotia sounds amazing! I would love do to something like that

Due date: 4/14

Any appointments? Questions? Rescheduled by Glucose test for today at 11 am, fun fun

Rants/Raves? Rant: I hate everyone, for some reason I want to pick fights all day, Im just a big ball of hate right now. Raves: January is almost over!

How are you feeling? Still feeling pretty good.

What have you done to prep for baby this week? I have almost everything I need from my other kids, bought a few new outfits for baby. Also stocked up on diapers in various sizes. 

My H and I have made a decision about what we are going to do once LO is here. I plan on taking a year off (sort of)...I will probably work from home about 10 hours a week even right after birth. Im so excited/nervous. I've always worked full time since I graduated college so being a SAHM will be a new experience for me. Finances will be tight for a while but I feel this is the best decision for my kids.

GTKY: What’s the best vacation/trip you’ve ever been on? My H and I went to Turks and Caicos about 2 years ago. It was fabulous, all we did was lay on the beach and drink for a solid week.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kate_e_nb, I chuckled at the ultrasound tech not appreciating your demon baby jokes :lol:.  When we had a 3D ultrasound done with our first, it gave me severe FTM illogical anxiety that our baby was going to be ugly and I wouldn't bond with him (some of our 3D pictures looked awful, and nothing like what he looked like when he came out).

Due date: April 10th.

Any appointments? Questions? Not until next week.

Rants/Raves? Rant: DH and I got in a fight this morning and now I'm in a funk.  I realize he spent the whole weekend working on our nursery, and it probably seems like I'm a lazy ass who hasn't done anything to help, but all I said was the kitchen is a disaster and I have to make cupcakes for an order... cue giant guilt trip that he was busy all weekend and wanted a day to relax.  Ugh.  I know I've been less than helpful some days, but I'm freaking exhausted all the time.  Rave: that being said, we're one step closer to the nursery being done, so that's helping my nesting anxiety.

How are you feeling? Just this past week, I haven't been able to eat large/normal sized meals without burping up stomach acid after, so that's fun.  Can't sleep comfortably without hip pain, and migraines seem to be coming back.  Other than that, I'm still trying to get 3 workouts in a week and keep active.

What have you done to prep for baby this week? Nursery has drywall now!  I've also scheduled a hospital tour just to get the pre-admittance paperwork out of the way.

GTKY: What’s the best vacation/trip you’ve ever been on? It's probably ridiculous cause it usually ends up in a fight, but about twice in the last 15 years my entire family has gotten together in a giant beach house in the Outer Banks.  It's something I really look forward to, although like I said, the stress of 30+ people in one house is a lot, hah....

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Due date: April 10

Any appointments? Questions? I have an apt this afternoon and then an ultrasound next week to see if my placenta has moved. My eye has been twitching for like 3 weeks so going to ask about that! Otherwise all good.

Rants/Raves? So hard to figure out what we need for baby! I don't want too much stuff but I also like feeling prepared. Ugh. Just bought some cute baby clothes on ThredUp (I'm obsessed with this website and got most of my maternity clothes there too). 

How are you feeling? Fine. Feeling pretty big all the sudden and sleep has been somewhat challenging especially because baby girl is so active at night. But my body pillow helps. Last night was actually a good sleep so I am happy about that though pretty unmotivated today. 

What have you done to prep for baby this week? Finished up the registry... reading books... starting to assemble what we need and converting my office to nursery.

GTKY: What’s the best vacation/trip you’ve ever been on? I don't know, all good for different reasons! Just got back from a relaxing babymoon in Grand Cayman with DH. Probably Patagonia is our highlight and I love Italy.. Hoping to be able to travel with bb!

Me & DH ~ 32
    Married 7/6/13

EDD 2/5/21

DD 4/19
  • Options
    @himolly88 you might like Bébé Voyage on fb
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Due date: April 11

28.5 week appointment and 1 hour glucose test yesterday. Good news is my weight gain has finally slowed down. Only gained 1 lb between 23-28 weeks (and over the holidays!), whereas I had gained a total of 24 at my 23 week appointment. So glad the insane pace slowed.

Rants/Raves? Rant—not pregnancy related—why does it take contractors etc so long to get stuff done and it always goes well past the anticipated completion date?! We are having someone redo our kitchen cabinets and it’s taking 3x as long as expected.

How are you feeling? Large, lol.

We went under contract on a house this weekend!!! So now we have a place that is huge compared to where we are now and is plenty big for 4 kids and our 100lb Bernese mountain dog!! Now we just need to sell our house so that we minimize our time with 2 mortgages. Please god let us sell soon (this is also why we need the kitchen cabinets done ASAP!)

Oh my gosh! Curaçao! We went just about 2 years ago for 10 days. It’s the island next to Aruba but far less touristy. We stayed at the most amazing resort I’ve ever been to,called  Baoase. I have a crazy job with insane hours and so it was amazing to just totally unplug and be with the kids and husband (unfortunately not able to do that every time we go away) and the resort was so luxurious—we had a villa with our own pool! Now that we are buying a bigger house and have daycare costs looming we will probably not be able to do that again anytime soon—maybe ever, but it was fabulous. 

• Options
    @SnowWhite14 NS is awesome! Definitely would recommend if you get the chance. Its a pretty inexpensive trip all things considered (cottage rentals are pretty cheap, the vineyard tour is literally $5.00, and if you can drive there, even better!) 

I'm with you on the wanting to pick fights front, especially with my mom. I asked DH the other night if my mom was being more ridiculous than usual or if my tolerance has gotten lower which I got the, "....uuuhhh I don't think I want to tell you the answer" response... so yeah. I think its me...
  • Options
    @kate_e_nb - I have never had a 3D ultrasound.  I'm not sure why but they weird me out.
    @snowhite12 - Congrats on choosing to be a SAHM!  That's so exciting.
    @kangstadt - Boo about the fight with H but hooray for working out 3 times a week!!
    @himolly88 - This LO is so active at night too!  I lay there for the first while and just let him kick it out before I even try to fall asleep.
    @catherineclaire78 - Good luck with selling the old house and congrats on the new!

Due date:  April 8

Any appointments? Questions?   No appointments for a couple weeks.

Rants/Raves?   Rant - My ears keep plugging up over night and it makes me nuts.  It's hard to hear my alarm in the morning and they don't usually clear until I've been standing for 30 minutes.  Rave - My kiddos were so great this morning!  Picked out their own outfits with no hassles and out the door 15 minutes earlier than usual!

How are you feeling?  I'm at a weird place.  With my last pregnancy I was taken off work around 26 weeks, admitted to antenatal at 28 weeks and had my twins at 30 weeks.  Now I'm sitting here at 29 weeks and everything past this point will be brand new.  Not to mention that I'm so mentally checked out I'm trying to find excuses that I could go off work which is awful.  This pregnancy has been so grossly textbook that I'm relieved after the hell that was my first pregnancy.  I've had the routine ultrasounds with no issues, compared to the 20+ I had by this point last time.  I know I should be so happy and relieved but I'm just tired of dealing with 2 kids and full time work.  I'm ready to go off.

What have you done to prep for baby this week?   Got some blankets and clothes we got as gifts at xmas organized and ready to be washed.  I bought a breast pump second hand just in case as well.  I've made my nursery to do list but so much of the initial work will be moving furniture and I need H to step up on that one...

GTKY: What’s the best vacation/trip you’ve ever been on?   When I was 19 I went on a trip with my sister, her fiance and our guy friend to Mexico.  I paid for my share of the trip in cash and felt like a boss haha.  I ended up hooking up with the friend that came (yeesh) and also met a guy at the resort that I ended up dating for over a year.  I even followed this guy when he moved out of province (cue the most angry father ever who didn't speak to me for months).  It was an amazing trip and the start of my adulthood and independence even though it was a cheap resort with a crappy beach and might not meet my standards now.

Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @mermaidca, I worked up until I delivered with my first, but with this pregnancy I'm right there with you that I wish I could be done now!  I'm so tired by the end of every day, and I don't even have a newborn yet and I only work part time.  I can't imagine doing fulltime with twins to boot!  You're a supermom.

Also, I totally forgot the trip I took to Italy when I was in college.  I went completely by myself and paid for everything, and it was amazing (and thoroughly terrified my family as an 18-year-old female traveling overseas alone).  It was an amazing feeling of independence and growing into myself.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kate_e_nb That trip sounds absolutely wonderful.
    @kangstadt I hear you on the stomach acid. I felt so bad for the person sitting next to me on the plane yesterday. All I did was burp constantly!
    @catherineclaire78 I had a similar weight gain experience. I was freaking because I had gained so much 2 check ups ago but only gained 1 pound from that check up to my next. It's so weird how that happens!

Due date: April 12

Any appointments? Questions? No apts this week except for the chiropractor. Want to get straightened out lol. Oh, and my therapist which I'm hoping will help my emotional roller coaster.

Rants/Raves? I flew back from a weekend trip last night and landed about 5 hours later than I should have. I'm pretty pissy today b/c of the lack of sleep.

How are you feeling? Exhausted. I've got reflux and I'm just over the pregnancy thing. I also feel like I just got HUGE all of a sudden.

What have you done to prep for baby this week? Not a damn thing! I really want DH to start painting the nursery, but he just finished another home project that I know he's been wanting to do for 2 years. So I'm biting my tongue until we progress into February.....

GTKY: What’s the best vacation/trip you’ve ever been on? I did a tour of Europe by myself about 10 years ago (went with a tour group but didn't know anyone in the group). It was amazing!!

• Options
    Due date: April 13

Any appointments? Questions? I have a regular OB check up next Monday and a MFM 30-week growth scan scheduled for the Monday after that, but this week I am appointment free! 

Rants/Raves? Mix of both here - DH and I have finally settled on staying in our current place (I've been ranting about my building not letting us move into a bigger place for the past week or so), which is fine. It was just too hard to meet our building's provisions (like not letting us move until the weekend that I'll officially be full-term), but DH has been a real trooper about helping me get over my disappointment. He moved our living room around again for the second weekend in a row to make more space and I actually really like our new set up. He also sat and let me cry about all the things that have been annoying me lately and I just really appreciate him letting me vent and deal with my crazy ideas about rearranging our apartment. 

How are you feeling? I'm exhausted. I slept like garbage last night, felt like I didn't sleep at all and ended up moving to the couch at like 4AM. Aside from that, I've had some pelvic pain (mostly when trying to get dressed or when I roll over in my sleep) and some rib pain that gets worse anytime I sneeze or cough. But I did get my anti-nausea meds sorted out so I'm back to being able to keep all my food down. 

What have you done to prep for baby this week? Weekends are baby prep time! We started painting some decorations for LO's wall, I washed, folded, and sorted all of the clothes that we have for baby so far, and I talked baby shower with my older sister. 

GTKY: What’s the best vacation/trip you’ve ever been on? I traveled to Italy my senior year of college for a week with a group from my school and it was just amazing. I ate so much delicious food and saw so many amazing things. I ran through the streets of Rome at night and just spent the week really enjoying a new experience (it was my first and only time leaving the U.S.). I tell DH all the time that I want to go back. 

• Options
    Due date: 4/14

Any appointments? Questions? Had my 28 week appt yesterday. Baby is measuring really big. Its making me a nervous. I am going to be retested for GD at my next appt. 

Rants/Raves? Feeling a little bummed that baby's belly is measuring so big. I know that this is a little problem and that I should be grateful but its still bumming me out. 

How are you feeling? Still pretty good! 

What have you done to prep for baby this week? Starting to make some purchases. Trying to wait for the majority after I get the completion discount coupons. 

GTKY: What’s the best vacation/trip you’ve ever been on? Disney Cruise. Hands down best vacation ever!!

• Options
    @jayhawkmom4 This is probably a dumb question, but when you say baby is measuring big, do you mean the measurement they do when they measure how big your uterus stretches? If so, mine is a tad on the big side as well, but my midwife said that it's not big enough to be concerned. 
  • Options
    @jayhawkmom4 This is probably a dumb question, but when you say baby is measuring big, do you mean the measurement they do when they measure how big your uterus stretches? If so, mine is a tad on the big side as well, but my midwife said that it's not big enough to be concerned. 
    Due to my age I am having to have growth scans every 4 weeks. So mine is based on his ultrasound measurements. Specifically his abdomen. 
  • Options
    Oh.....ok. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. It's so interesting how different docs/places do things differently. I'm 39 and specifically asked about AMA and extra ultrasounds, etc, but they said I don't get any of that. WTF?
  • Options
    Oh.....ok. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. It's so interesting how different docs/places do things differently. I'm 39 and specifically asked about AMA and extra ultrasounds, etc, but they said I don't get any of that. WTF?
    I do find it weird how different it is every where! Even something as simple as a number to determine GD. 

I just turned 40 a few weeks ago so not too much older than you. I had to meet with a perinatologist twice for a level 2 sonogram and then growth scans every 4 weeks. I believe they will also do NST the last few weeks. So by the time this baby gets here I will have at least 4 additional ultrasounds. 
  • Options
    First, I am super jealous of your amazing trips. Most of the places are on my bucket list.

Due date: 
    4/9

Next Monday 

Rants/Raves? 

DH has been super annoying making comments about me sleeping so much. Dude, I’m pregnant, with influenza, and have two other children. I’m sorry I can’t instantly recover 24 hours after being sick 

How are you feeling? 

Exhausted and still recovering from influenza last week.

I feel like such a slacker because I have done absolutely nothing 

Taking the kids to Disney. Seeing the pure joy in DDs face was priceless.

• Options
    @blueberrymomma, I would totally be the person who would comeback with, "well, when you're growing a human life inside you..." smartass remark, lol.  But that may be an indication of my relationship with DH :lol:.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Due date: April 8th

Any appointments? Questions? Chiropractor next week Thursday and the week after that I have my midwife appointment on the 6th

Rants/Raves? Great sleep last night, my training 2 hours away was cancelled due to the storm so I am relaxing a bit this morning before heading into the office. Dang snow is going to be an interesting day

How are you feeling? Not too bad, the back pain is here and appears to be sticking around but for the most part I'm not so uncomfortable that I'm miserable every minute. It's getting there but I know there is still 11 weeks left.

What have you done to prep for baby this week? Saturday we'll pull more clothes out of the basement and maybe wash up the bassinet so it's ready to go. I feel like I'm slacking with baby #2, all of this was done by now with DD

GTKY: What’s the best vacation/trip you’ve ever been on? Our honeymoon to Ireland this past year. We rented a car and drove the whole southern loop of the country stopping at B&B's. It was a 12 day adventure without the little one and it was so needed to reconnect. We absolutely want to go back and do something similar with the kids but maybe we'll go to Germany or Italy this time.

• Options
    @professormama as someone said in another threat, I would just "nut punch" him :smile:
  • Options
    @angelob88 that trip sounds amazing! 
  • Options
    Is anyone doing kick counts?  I just downloaded an app and I think it's making me feel more crazy than anything.  I tried to do it last night while I was just sitting on the couch relaxing.  Usually this kid is going crazy in there but of course when I try to count it he took forever to have 10 distinct "kicks" and it just made me more aware that he wasn't very active at all last night.  Now sitting at my desk I can feel him dancing around quite a bit more.  Does anyone have any tips?  Should I drink cold juice before hand or just try to let the kicks happen naturally?  Should I try to do the count at a time I know he's always active or at a more random time?
  • Options
    @mermaidca I haven't done kick counts regularly yet. There was one day that I noticed baby was moving less frequently and then I drank a glass of juice, laid on the couch, and waited until baby started moving around which it did. If I notice movement throughout the day I would just go ahead and start counting. Is it distinct kicks or just movement in general? I thought it was more so movements but I'm not sure because I haven't focused on it. Biggest thing I would do would be to pay attention to when and how often I feel baby move and if that lessens at all then do a quick kick count to check in and see if baby is just lazy that day or not.

• Options
    @mermaidca I started doing them this weekend and the first time I had slept in, but did it before I got up for the day (my LO is normally really active first thing when I wake up) and it took what felt like forever for him to get to 10 and I thought "man, he's normally so much more active", but the next day it took no time at all because he was going nuts. I think he's still regulating his movements and I kind of just started on the recommendation of everyone saying 28 weeks was the time - I'll probably be better after I talk to my doctor about it. But everything I have read (FTM here) says kicks, movements (just not hiccups) and to pick a time that you've noticed LO is active to try to establish a routine (try to aim for the same time each time you do them). That way you can tell if there's actually a change in movement behavior. 
  • Options
    @kangstadt that is usually my typical response followed by a death stare.

@mermaidca I’ve never done actual kick counts (and this is number 3) because it stresses me out. I just go by how active baby normally is. If I feel like I haven’t felt anything in awhile, I will lay on my side, drink some juice and make sure she is still active 
  • Options
    I haven't done any kick counts. I, too, think it'll just stress me out, but I'll ask my midwife about it at my next appointment. So far she hasn't mentioned it. I feel like the kicks and movement is still all over the place in terms of frequency and time of day.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  I just wasn't sure if "forcing" it like drinking something cold is allowed or if you want to catch it organically.  But I guess as long as baby is moving it doesn't necessarily matter what prompted it? 
  • Options
    Due date: 4/11

Any appointments? Questions? Finally have my glucose appointment tomorrow! Two weeks late.. OB was gone the week I usually would go and I got sick with the 24 hour stomach bug when I had to do it last week. Excited to get it done with!

Rants/Raves? Each appointment I've only gained 1 to 2 pounds but I weighed myself, and granted it's now been 6 weeks since my last appointment, but I've gained 8 pounds!! I know at this point I will gain more but man, I'm shocked lol I'm huge all of the sudden! I look like I did at 40 weeks last time 

How are you feeling? Guys...restless legs. They are killing me. I didnt sleep at all last night. And I mean not even a minute. Any advice would be great. My Magnesium oil isnt working anymore

What have you done to prep for baby this week? Starting to clean out the spare bedroom that DS will eventually move to! Hes only 1 so it seems so crazy to be moving him already!

GTKY: What’s the best vacation/trip you’ve ever been on? I've been cooler places than this, but I live in Michigan and a few years ago my whole family packed up in a white church van and went to Mackinac Island. It was the most perfect time, perfect weather. Just biking around the island and eating fudge. So fun!

• Options
    @elmich3 I vacationed on Mackinac once too. It was really fun. Also, I feel you on the weight gain. I look right now like I did around 36, 37 weeks with DD and I’m 27 weeks. It’s weird. No advice on the restless legs though. I’m so sorry. That has to be exhausting. 
  • Options
    @elmich3 I gained no weight until 25 weeks, now I am 29 weeks and put on 13 freaking pounds, I am huge and none of my maternity pants fit anymore, all my weight is in my stomach and ass lol. 

• Options
    @snowhite12 lol! Same here! I hate going out because I feel like people are going to think I'm 40 weeks when I have to say.. ohh not due till April. I lied to someone and said March a few days ago lol the weight seriously snuck on.. so crazy