Any appointments? Questions?: 

Rants/Raves?:  

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY - Do you enjoy the snow?

imageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: Group 4 (June 23-30) Check-in, w/o Jan 20th

• Due date/W+D:  6/30 - 17+1

Baby is the size of a(n): softball or pomegranate

Any appointments? Questions?: Appt today went well. Next appts are in Feb (2/04 and 2/08)

Rants/Raves?:  

How are you feeling?: Not too bad, headaches came back full force but I get headaches from weather related stuff and we are currently experiencing 7 degree weather. Normal aches and pains, but I noticed last night that I get some ab muscle cramps when I try to get out of bed too fast

GTKY - Do you enjoy the snow? Yes and no. I used to alot more when I didn't have to drive to work in it. We got an ice storm yesterday and that I did not like one bit. I'm looking forward to real fluffy snow that I can play with Athena in. 

• Due date/W+D: June 26, 7w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): Turnip

Any appointments? Questions?: I have my anatomy scan on Thursday! I’m really excited, but definitely a little anxious too.

Rants/Raves?: I’m ready to start feeling more pregnant, instead of just hungry/gaining weight all the time.  

How are you feeling?: Pretty normal. I may have felt the baby move for the first time last night—it felt like the baby somersaulted inside me! It just happened once though, so I’m not sure.

GTKY - Do you enjoy the snow? I grew up in Upstate NY, but live in NC now, and I much prefer the South’s take on it, where everything shuts down over the snow. I think it’s pretty, but I hate driving in it, and now I don’t have to!

• Loading the player...
  • Due date/W+D: June 30th/17+2

Baby is the size of a(n): Pomegranate (apparently baby's foot is about the size of a gummy bear?)

Any appointments? Questions?: My next appt is next Thursday. 

Rants/Raves?: Just wish my toddler would go back to sleeping through the night...I feel like I'm always exhausted these days between that & the normal pregnancy exhaustion. 

How are you feeling?: Tired always. I do find myself having more frequent bursts of energy, though.

GTKY - Do you enjoy the snow? I like the soft, powdery snow. And it's fun taking the girls sledding. But I don't like driving in it.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Due date/W+D:  6/25, 18w 1d

Baby is the size of a(n): Artichoke 

Any appointments? Questions?: Anatomy scan next Friday, Feb. 1. No appointments this week but should be getting second tri blood screening test results back any day now. I’ve got my email on refresh lol. 

Rants/Raves?: I’m excited that my health insurance offers a bunch of baby related classes since My husband and I really don’t know anything about babies as this will be our first. I signed us up for a bunch of classes including one to get certified in infant CPR. 

How are you feeling?: Pretty tired. I think I’m fighting off one of the various sicknesses going around. Still have just have a barely bump but I think I’m starting to feel him kick with daily flutters now.

GTKY - Do you enjoy the snow? I live in California where I’m lucky enough to be able to visit the snow pretty easily but I don’t have to live in it and that is the ideal situation for me.

• @sarcat87 that is cool that your insurance offers some baby education!

I feel like getting some baby knowledge will be so empowering. It’s been years since I baby sat infants and even then I had no idea how freaked out I should be - lol. 

(BTW isn’t it weird that younger baby sitters watch the youngest kids? I was watching my neighbors infant at 13 - then in my early 20’s I watched older kids. I didn’t have enough world knowledge to know that baby’s are a way bigger responsibility!)
  • Due date/W+D:  6/25 (18+1)

Baby is the size of a(n): artichoke 

I want to switch hospitals for a water birth, but am too lazy to do the research necessary at the moment. Question is: when will my motivation to do hard things return? Lol

Rants/Raves?:  

Rants: tired of short days and darkness. I don’t have a treadmill or a gym membership and I rely on the outdoors and light for my exercise/mental health!

Raves:

Just returned from baby moon in tropical paradise and I currently have a sun burn. I’m always so proud of my sunscreen wearing but the sun got to my shoulder and it’s like this little secret I have in the midst of yucky winter. Lol

How are you feeling?: 

Like I give less and less of a shit every day. (I started out giving way too many about way too many things.) I’m hoping that pregnancy is the beginning of my unfolding as a strong and powerful wild woman. Raaaaaawr

Not really. I hate driving in it (I actually panic a bit - luckily it rarely snows where I live.) Playing in it is fun, I just never do it anymore because I am so anxious to drive in snowy climates!!

• Due date/W+D:  
    June 23, 18w 4d

Baby is the size of a(n):
    Artichoke!

Had my checkup today, heard the heartbeat again. Baby was moving around a lot during it so it was difficult to catch the beating!

Rants/Raves?:  
    Rant: Can i NOT be interrogated about every detail of my pregnancy by random strangers? I am a private person who hasn’t waited her whole life to have kids (more of a career lady) so I’ve never been one to share intimate details about my life with people I’m not close to. I wish people would respect boundaries. If I’m not openly sharing things with you, I’m not comfortable doing so. Don’t push it. I can’t wait to unleash the wrath on people trying to touch my stomach later on. They don’t know what’s coming. (Don’t get me wrong, I’m so excited for this new chapter with DH, I just think everyone is way more excited than I am - like heart eyes excited and I just can’t do it)

How are you feeling?:
    I feel great! DH and I felt movement for the first time this week. Definitely not what I expected it to feel like (not was it flutters like everyone says?) but it was the coolest feeling!

I like the snow when I’m indoors. I’m not particularly fond of being cold and/or wet.
  • raemy12345raemy12345 member
    edited January 2019
    @kdcatmom lol to liking the snow indoors — !! I feel you on the personal details. I’ve similarly not been as excited/glowy/blah blah blah as societal expectations direct - and it’s meant that I’ve literally hardly told anyone so that I don’t have to deal with those questions!! 
    Although i’ll Admit - I’ve totally been the one to ask them too, haha. Guess it’s my turn :)
    (As an aside - I have NEVER been a stomach toucher!! Have some boundaries, people!!)
  • edited January 2019
    @kdcatmom i hear you on the random/intimate questions. I told one male coworker in passing that I was pregnant (kind of slipped it into the conversation) and he exclaimed, "When did that happen?!" Then turned red and was like, "no, not like, *when*..." It was a pretty funny exchange and I appreciated his attempt to back-peddle. 
    ...Of course I had to double down on his embarrassment and give him the date of conception. 

One weird thing - I thought I'd get really upset with people trying to touch my belly, but so far I really enjoy it. Is that weird? Maybe I'll change my tune after the novelty wears off. 
  • @kdcatmom I feel we were cut from a similar cloth. Had a coworker ask 'Oh so did you conceive at the end of September then? Do you know the date?' was a little shocked. And the thought of having anyone in my bubble let alone touching my stomach makes me angry.

Due date/W+D:  18+4

Baby is the size of a(n): Artichoke

Any appointments? Questions?: MFM and AS at end of week. Nervous but excited.

Rants/Raves?:  Got asked when I would start showing the other day. Still looking like too much Christmas pudding rather than baby bump it seems. 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. Just tired every day.

GTKY - Do you enjoy the snow? Love skiing and love the snow for about  a week but then I've had enough of it. 
    That being said, I live in Australia and it's currently summer time. So right now I'd love snow.

• Due date/W+D:  June 24th. 18+6

Baby is the size of a(n):  Artichoke

Any appointments? Questions?: No appointments, next is Feb 5th then anatomy scan on the 8th

Rants/Raves?:  Rant: Hubby wants the baby's name to be the same as his son's middle name (from a previous marriage).  So his middle name, but baby's first name.  I keep telling him no, and he says that's the only name he likes.  Am I wrong to not want my only son (I have 4 girls) to share his son's name?  Why his son's name and not his own?

How are you feeling?:  Besides the migraine once a day pretty good.  Still not feeling any movement from the little guy

GTKY - Do you enjoy the snow? What snow?  I'm in the lovely Palm Springs area.  I can see it on the mountains surrounding me, but still get 70*+ days.