Pregnant after 35

To Induce or not because of my age?

My doctor wants to induce me just before my 40week. She says because I'm 39 and stillbirth rate increases after 40 weeks. But come to find out about the induction drugs they have their own risk. Has anyone used misoprostol or dinoprostone for induction? Or do I just wait for my LO to come naturally?

Re: To Induce or not because of my age?

• I would get a new doctor ASAP…
  • rachelredheadrachelredhead member
    edited January 2022
    I would talk to your doctor about the drug concerns. I was induced at 40 weeks. When I was induced they used a foley bulb to encourage labor to start. It did work initially but I ended up having a c-section due to blood pressure problems (for me) and a low heart rate during labor (for my son). C-section was the right move because my son had the cord wrapped around his neck 3 times. 

I was 39 and trusted my doctor to recommend what was safest for me and baby, and I trusted her assessment that though the risk of increased stillbirth was small beyond 40 weeks, an induction was a safe/effective way to eliminate that risk. 

ETA: original post is 3 years old. 😂 I guess I’ll leave my response in case someone else has a similar question but 🤷‍♀️