Trouble TTC
Options

New Here

Hi everyone! I'm new to the group. Wow, there are so many different boards on here! I'm not sure if I'm in the best one for me. I turned 35 this month and my DH and I have been TTC for a little over a year. We've had all the standard tests and all have come back normal so far, so we are dealing with unexplained IF. It has been very frustrating at times and I keep wondering if there is something else wrong, something that hasn't been diagnosed yet, such as hostile CM. Sometimes it is extra difficult because we live in such a rural/remote location. Its at least an hour to any medical services and our RE is 8 hrs away so we have only done phone/email consultations. We've done 3 cycles clomid and have now switched to letrozole with a trigger shot. I'm having a baseline US tomorrow to see if I can do the treatment again, FX. My DH and I have started discussing IUI as I'm starting to feel the pressure now. Anyone move on to IUI or other treatment options sooner? I'm mostly concerned about the costs, but I worry I am wasting precious time. I feel like there is a lot of hurry up and wait. Thanks everyone!
Me 35, DH 33
Married 10/2016
TTC since 11/2017
dx: unexplained infertility
SA, HSG, bloodwork all fine
3 cycles clomid, 3 BFN
Sep 2018 -  referred to RE
Nov 2018 - ovarian cysts, no treatment
Jan 2019 - letrozole+trigger shot+TI, BFN
Feb 2019 - hoping to continue treatment

Re: New Here

• Options
    @Knottie1458606415 - welcome! Sorry that you find yourself here, but this board definitely sounds like the one for you! 

It is very frustrating not having any answers as to why things aren’t happening! I worry sometimes too that there’s something more seriously wrong with me that just hasn’t come to light yet. Let’s hope no for both of us! 

That sucks about the long distance to your RE, but that’s nice that so much communication can happen via phone/e-mail. Good luck at your US! I’m thinking I’ll be starting IUI in the next few months, so we may be in the same boat sooner than later, but if you would like to start IUI sooner I would say go for it - I know, time feels like it speeds up when ttc, so I get not wanting to waste time. 
  • Options
    cigalinecigaline member
    edited January 2019
    Hi @Knottie1458606415 ! I'm 36 and have been trying for a very similar amount of time. Also pretty much unexplained with normal bloodwork. I can understand you feeling the pressure, but if your results are good you shouldn't worry too much re age I think. We haven't got decades, but you're only just over the year mark which is quite an 'average' amount of time for mid-thirties. I totally understand the frustration though - a year feels a very long time when you're charting every cycle! And I personally was already getting fed up by cycle 6 or so. Just wanted to say that it's still possible nothing is wrong and nature is just taking longer than expected :-) Which of course doesn't stop us being proactive and taking action to hurry it up... At least that's what I try telling myself every so often - we're also likely to be moving on to IUI pretty soon.