September 2019 Moms

Group 3 (Sept 16-22) Check-in w/o Jan 21

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What’s one of your favorite childhood memories?

Does anyone have ideas for what we could ask instead of the “baby is the size...” question? It seems a little silly since we’re all due the same week. 

Re: Group 3 (Sept 16-22) Check-in w/o Jan 21

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Sept 22 / 5+1

Baby is the size of a(n): peppercorn

Upcoming Appointments: 1st prenatal w/dating ultrasound is on Feb 12. I don’t know if I can wait that long!!!!

How are you feeling?: Tired, bloated, and constipated but getting more excited each day. 

Rants/Raves: No work for me today woooo! 

Questions: Is anyone else not experiencing any MS yet? It sounds crazy, but I really wish it would happen soon because it would feel like a reassurance that I’m KU and everything’s fine. 

Making pasta and gravy with my grandma. I’d go over to their house and she’d let me crack the eggs and practice kneading the dough. My parents and other relatives/family friends would come over for dinner. I’d fall asleep to the soothing sounds of everyone speaking Italian or try to get my grandpa to tell me what the men were saying to each other as they played poker (I have a strong suspicion that they were swearing horribly haha). 
  • cmdesignercmdesigner member
    edited January 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Sept 22, 5wk +1

Baby is the size of a(n): Dot Snail

Upcoming Appointments: 1/22 for BW, 1/29 for first appointment with my midwife

How are you feeling?: Good today. Random bouts of intense heartburn, sore boobs, can sleep at the drop of a hat.

Rants/Raves: I'm off today but the wind chill is -10 degrees so I am just on my couch under my blanket with my kitties. DH wanted me to venture out today to get the car inspection for our insurance done but I called around and no one is doing it today because it's so cold/the ice won't melt off cars.

Questions: Nah.

GTKY: What’s one of your favorite childhood memories? I used to live in our pool in the summer. That is pretty much where I spent all my time. But my favorite was when my dad would come home (he is a chef so he usually worked late) and wake me up to go fo a night swim. We'd just hang out and catch up. There was something so fun about that.

Does anyone have ideas for what we could ask instead of the “baby is the size...” question? It seems a little silly since we’re all due the same week. 

What about something about preparation for baby like "Any baby preparedness going on? Research, shopping, nursery design, classes, tours, etc."

@themadcamel no morning sickness yet but I am honestly dreading that. I do occasionally get a little nauseous if I drink or eat something too fast, though. Re: GTKY I love your memory. There's nothing like cooking with nana. I used to love to help my nana roll her meatballs before she'd fry them. 

• Loading the player...
  • blitzybeeblitzybee member
    edited January 2019
    @themadcamel I was worried about lack of symptoms last week, and then they hit! Try to enjoy now, and know that it’s normal for symptoms to not hit until week 6

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9-17/ 5wks+6 days

Baby is the size of a(n): pencil eraser ✏️ 

Upcoming Appointments: ultrasound on 1/24 - I’m a wreck

How are you feeling?: pretty crappy! On and off nausea 

Rants/Raves: I’m just so nervous about everything. I wanted to see good HCG levels, and then when I got my results, they seem on the high range according to what I googled. I should not have googled, because bad things came up!😳 They were 8,000 at 5 wks. Any insight would be appreciated!

Questions: anyone else just straight up not liking their significant others, even tho they aren’t doing anything wrong!? Ugh!

GTKY: What’s one of your favorite childhood memories? Summer at the neighborhood pool

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9/19, 5w4d (haven’t gone in yet, so this is my best estimate.

Baby is the size of a(n): Appleseed 

Upcoming Appointments: I’ve Had to be on progesterone for my past two pregnancies so I will be going in for blood tests this week and then my next appointment isn’t until 2/10.

How are you feeling?: the stomach bug ran through my family, but we are all feeling better. Because of that I think MS started really early this time 🤢

Rants/Raves: nothing!

Questions: not this time :)

GTKY: What’s one of your favorite childhood memories? Having sleep overs with my cousins. They were my first best friends and I’m sad we aren’t as close any more.
    TTC#1 January 2013, BFP 7/4/13 MC 8/7/13 D&C 8/22/13
    BFP 5/20/14 CP 5/26/14
    BFP 12/6/14 DD Born an Angel on 7/17/15 at 35 weeks
    An Angel in The Book of Life
    Wrote Down Our Baby's Birth
    And Whispered as She Closed the Book
    Too Beautiful for Earth...
    TTC#2 August 2015 BFP 9/10/15 EDD 5/26/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @cmdesigner mmmmm, meatballs! That's so cool that you had a pool growing up. Night swims with your dad sound like a great tradition! I like your idea about substituting the "size of" question with one about baby preparedness. 

@blitzybee thank you for the reassurance. It's so hard not to psych myself out over every little thing. 8,000 is high compared to the ranges I've seen for 5 weeks. Is it possible that you're farther along than you are? Regardless, I wouldn't worry about it if your doc isn't worried.

@evalynn24 that's great that you were close with your cousins as kids. Did they move far away?
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9/18, 5+6

Baby is the size of a(n): Pearl couscous

Upcoming Appointments: 02/08

How are you feeling?: Great! 

Rants/Raves: Had a nice day off yesterday and got a lot accomplished over the weekend. I prolly need to clean the house though...

Questions: Nah.

We used to go to the beach a lot as a family in the summer so that always has a special place in my heart. I had had so much fun playing in the sand/water with my sisters!

@themadcamel I didn’t have any MS with my first pregnancy (and it’s looking unlikely for this one also), but try not to worry about it! It’s not uncommon to not have MS. I had tailbone pain around 7-10 weeks last time. Something else weird will prolly happen to you!

@cmdesigner Good call on calling before trying to do the car thing - now you get to snuggle with the kitties instead. I like your suggestion for preparation for baby (but I will already admit that we prolly won’t be doing much since I’m a STM). 

@blitzybee Try not to consult Dr. Google - he’s only gonna freak you out for the next 18+ years! 😉 No, but seriously if your Doctor isn’t concerned I wouldn’t be either. They have the knowledge and wherewithal to know if something is amiss. Remember that even though this may be your first (or second? I can’t remember if you’re a stm or not) pregnancy, they’ve literally seen hundreds if not thousands of pregnant ladies.

@evalynn24 I loved sleep overs as a kid also! Although my cousins were waaaaaay older/younger than me so I just had them with my friends. 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): Baby is as tall as the M on an M&M - thanks theBump for that random fact :)

Upcoming Appointments: First ultrasound on 2/8

How are you feeling?: Cautiously optimistic.  And not as anxious as I have been during past first trimesters - I'm thankful for that for as long as it lasts!

Rants/Raves: After a crazy busy stretch at work (and having to work through the holidays despite my attempt at a vacation), things have calmed down and I decided to just take this week off.  It's been nice and relaxed (and full of looong nights of sleep!).

Questions: None at the moment. 

GTKY: What’s one of your favorite childhood memories? Getting a kitten after a LOT of begging (and unusually good behavior required by my parents).

@themadcamel, I have never had any nausea in pregnancy (including this pregnancy so far, although it's early).  I had very few symptoms when I was pregnant with my son, which definitely made me anxious, but it was a smooth pregnancy.  Now I'm with you and wishing I had some symptoms, even though I know my norm is not to have many!

@blitzybee, your HCG level does not seem crazy high to me.  I've done my share of obsessing about HCG numbers - there is such a wide range of normal.  
  • @lillywonderland tailbone pain? Oh my goodness! Did your doctor have any theories about why that was a symptom?
    @eller-2 it's good to know that there are a lot of healthy pregnancies without many symptoms. I know I won't feel good until I have that first u/s and hear a heartbeat. How great that your appointment is just around the corner!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9/19 5w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): a lavender bud

Upcoming Appointments: Monday! Yay!

How are you feeling?: Tired. Sometimes nauseated. No energy in the afternoon.

Rants/Raves: Had some fun dry heaving over the toilet last night. Thought I was hopping in the shower and bam it hit.

Questions: nah

GTKY: What’s one of your favorite childhood memories? Hmm, there's lots! Family vacations and holidays top the list. 

Instead of what size is baby: Are you showing and outward symptoms? Cravings? What do you imagine baby is doing this week (LOL)
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @nda_roxybabe I feel you on afternoons being tough. I have quite a long commute home from work and find myself getting drowsy in the car. Sorry about the dry heaving!
  • @blitzybee betabase seems to think you are in the normal range :) Try not to worry u til there is something to worry about-even though that’s close to impossible! 

Me: 30   DH:31 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    9/2016-transferred two donor embies
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
    BabyGaga BabyFruit Ticker
  • @cateyes543 that’s a great chart that I hadn’t found-thank you! And thank you to everyone else for easing my anxiety. My ultrasound is tomorrow, so I’m just trying to be in a good positive mind frame (trying being the key word!) I keep counting down the weeks for all of us to be in second trimester, but I better count down one day at a time. Everyone is rocking it. So glad to have all of you wonderful women here!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: sept 17 / 6+1

Baby is the size of a(n): chocolate chip

Upcoming Appointments: first appointment isn’t until Feb 22....time is going so slow!!

How are you feeling?: My symptoms come and go, and when I feel ok, I get anxious that something is wrong. I mostly feel very tired and mild nausea usually hits around mid afternoon and lasts until I go to sleep. I hardly had any symptoms with DS, so I’m trying not to make myself crazy. 

Rants/Raves: I have an amazing sense of smell right now, which is not great for working on a hospital ward that often smells like poop.

Questions: 

GTKY: What’s one of your favorite childhood memories? Spending summers at the lake with my Gramma. I would help her garden and bake treats, and when I woke up early she would let me crawl into bed with her and she would tell me stories. 

Does anyone have ideas for what we could ask instead of the “baby is the size...” question? It might be a bit early, but we could share what we’re doing this week to get ready for baby. 
  • @themadcamel I didn’t actually ask my Dr. about it - I Dr. googled it, LOL. From my internet search back in the day, it was a normal (albeit weird) pregnancy side effect - something to do with ligaments loosening and shifting around. That seemed legit (since I had heard about the loosening ligaments), so I was happy with it. Last year I was lurking a BMB symptoms thread and saw someone wondering about tailbone pain. I *almost* messaged her, but then realized I did not belong.

@nda_roxybabe I hope that was your only brush with MS! 

@house_of_boys Aww, your Gramma story made me miss my own Grandmothers!

@blitzybee GL at the u/s tomorrow!!

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: September 17th/ 6 W + 2 D

Baby is the size of a(n): dried corn kernel

Upcoming Appointments: 2/6- First appointment

How are you feeling?: Anxiety ridden. Same as @house_of_boys --- when I feel ok, I am worried. I am extremely moody. I have been getting mild headaches the last few days. I am chalking it up to not sleeping well & my neck being tight. Other than that, I am feeling fairly healthy. I have stayed active & I think it has been great for my energy level. I am definitely beat by the evening, but I am not struggling through the day as much as I thought I would. 

Rants/Raves: Good news/bad news-- my boobs are gigantic. 

Questions: not today

GTKY: What’s one of your favorite childhood memories? Snuggling with my dad in his recliner. 
  • @blitzybee I saw your post in the u/s thread. So glad everything is going well! ☺️
    @lillywonderland thank god for Google! I love that it was confirmed while you were lurking 😉. 
    @house_of_boys @omg1108 I think I’ve been expecting to feel crappy 24/7. I also worry when I feel normal! We should probably try to enjoy feeling good for now lol. 
  • Totally in camp hate feeling crappy and worry when I’m feeling normal! We have our first US tomorrow and I’m freaking ouuuut! Yesterday I had horrific nausea all day with dry heaving and couldn’t touch a thing. Today it was like I was totally normal again. Stresseeeeddd! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @sunshine2417 I’ll be thinking about you tomorrow! Let us know how everything goes :)
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Sept 16 / 6+3

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea

Upcoming Appointments: 1st prenatal extensive appt is Feb 7. I had my dating u/s today ❤️ (119 bpm)

How are you feeling?: Tired, bloated, only had nausea a few times, mild tugging crampy feeling some days... Make that SUPER TIRED 

Rants/Raves: I'm loving ranch all of a sudden. Hate the constant hunger tho :(

Questions: is anyone else considering telling their employer before the 12 week mark?

GTKY: What’s one of your favorite childhood memories? Country summers in the south. Running through sprinklers in the yard, jumping on the trampoline and riding around with my friends on our  barbie bikes 😊
  • @evalynn24 ugh, the stomach bug is the worst. As for your GTKY, I am really close to my cousins and we spent a lot of time together when we were kids. I was always closer with the boys and I am still extremely close to my one cousin but the rest of kind of all drifted off in their own directions and lives.

@lillywonderland the best part about the car thing was that I ended up staying home to do it on Thursday but they wouldn't do it because it was raining. I was so mad. I called my insurance broker and she was like "I'm going to call and get you an extension but I need a good excuse." I replied, "well, other than the insane weather...I'm pregnant?" and she was like "that'll work!" Bahaha.

Re: tailbone pain...I had hip surgery in August for a torn labrum and it has been fine for the longest time but the last week it has been bugging me to no end. I am pretty sure it has to do with the hormone relaxin. My surgeon did warn me it could happen when I asked if it was safe to get pregnant the winter post surgery. 

https://www.yourhormones.info/hormones/relaxin/

@nda_roxybabe @themadcamel 100% exhausted in the afternoon. I keep falling asleep on the commuter train when I head home. 

@house_of_boys my sense of smell is also off the charts. I can smell my coworker's laundry detergent smell from 4 seats away. I asked the girl sitting next to her if she can smell it and she said no.

@omg1108 headaches are normal in early pregnancy, I've been getting migraines but also just mild blips of headaches as well. My boobs are also huge. I bought maternity bras already because my underwire is killing me.

@knottie1f789c79d8df3ac0 I told my boss but only because I was out so much in the first few weeks with terrible migraines. I also work for a progressive women's health organization so I feel rather well supported.
  • @themadcamel @cmdesigner Ugh, yes. I have an hour and a half commute home! It's dreadful. 
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9/17, 6w 4days

Baby is the size of a(n): chocolate chip

Upcoming Appointments: February 5th

How are you feeling?: So tired. Mild boob tenderness and nausea.

Rants/Raves: All I want are carbs. They're so good but so bad. Or salty foods. 

Questions: none

GTKY: What’s one of your favorite childhood memories? One of my favorite memories from childhood would be the Easter egg hunt we had on my Pawpaw's farm or watching WWF with my Grammy :)