July 2019 Moms
Options

Unpopular Opinions 1/17

Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
, 💙💙💙💙💙💙

Re: Unpopular Opinions 1/17

• Options
    @nopegoat I can't stand that, esp when they leave it in the middle of a parking spot so that if someone wants to park there they are forced to move the cart for whatever person left it. 

I was once walking into a Publix to quickly buy something small and an older women starts flagging me down yelling "Do you want a cart??" and I was like.. "No? I don't need a cart". Her face dropped and she kept staring at me so then I realized she was just trying to get out of putting it in the corral. And thus I put it back for her. I can't wait to get older so I can try that out on people. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @nopegoat If you can make the cart/kid shuffle happen without incident, anyone can! 
  • Options
    quinniebearquinniebear member
    edited January 2019
    I saw a floating cart at ALDI last week. I was horrified. Don't ruin it for the rest of us asshole!

I don't know if this is unpopular, but I think "unsweet" tea is an abomination. :s
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    @quinniebear I think TEA is an abomination... I will take my hot bean water over hot leaf/flower water any day of the week.

@nopegoat I always choose the spot closest to the cart return for that exact reason. Why make it hard to put the freaking cart back?

MY UO - tea is gross. Hot, cold, sweet, unsweet. Tea is gross. There is nothing you can do to make me like tea - it ALWAYS taste like weak leaf water to me. I ocassional the smell, and I will drink herbal/medicinal teas for the benefit, but it still tastes gross to me. Boo tea.
  • Options
    @indulgentgypsy Do you taste bitterness in tea? I do, so I only steep mine for about a minute and can't drink it if there's leaf bits in the bottom. I learned this in high school biology when we were given paper strips to put in our mouths to see how many of us could detect bitterness. I had to spit mine out :confounded:
  • Options
    I don't see the appeal of avocados. They just taste bland  
  • Options
    I don’t like avocados either. So all the hype over guac- I just don’t share the enthusiasm.
  • Options
    @hestia14 I do - no matter at what time/temp I step it at.
  • Options
    I don’t see the hype over Mexican food. 
  • Options
    Whaaattt?! I adore tea and avocados and have had both already today!
    I'm a cart returner for sure. Helps to have gotten over my paranoia that someone is lurking near my car trying to steal my baby.
    Mine for today: I've never watched all of Star Wars, and don't really care to 🤷‍♀️

• Options
    @strickland8052, lol, we live almost solely on paper plates! 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • Options
    Add me to the no avocados list. 
  • Options
    Love avocado in salads, as guac, with a rice bowl or noodle bowl, poke, sushi, give me all the damn avocados, folks! 

I also love tea, hot, unsweetened. I don't like sugary drinks and tea is really soothing. When I drank coffee I preferred it strong and black. 

@erynpdx I hadn't watched Star Wars either, until this past Christmas. DH got DS onto it and now some of the movies are on at least weekly. I still don't care for them though. 

• Options
    I also hate paper plates unless it’s a big crew or bbq. It’s so bad for the environment! 
  • Options
    I’m trying to think of a fun controversial one... but I keep coming up empty. I love Starbucks? 
  • Options
    I love avocados and had avocado with two meals already today haha. I also love Mexican food. And I have a freshly brewed jug of unsweetened ice tea in my fridge hahaha. I am a Star Wars lover too. 
    @quinniebear If I saw a cart not put back at aldi I would be horrified as well!! I just commented on a different thread about that being one of the reasons I love aldi haha  
  • Options
    I don't like movies. They're too long and I get bored.
  • Options
    I do not get the hype over avocado. I do not like them. I love guac, that is different. But just plain avocado. So blah. 

Umm.... tea is life, you psychos! I don't like sweet tea though. 
    Also, I'm not a caffeine user. All my tea is decaf!  :open_mouth:
  • Options
    I love tea. I don’t steep it very long though. Guacamole I like, plain avacados are ok.
    I haven’t seen all of Star Wars either.
  • Options
    Avocados are fine. I don't get the obsession, but I like them okay. At the beginning when I read all the things you're supposed to eat, I ate avocados for like 5 days straight. I couldn't make myself do sweet potatoes.

I love tea, and it has been helping me get through this pregnancy. In fact, now that you mentioned it, I'm going to go make some...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I’m late to the party, but I’ll play. 

@bartonolivia Mexican food is life 

although I hate guacamole and avocados. 

I hate tea, too. 

Ive also never watched Star Wars. 
  • Options
    I don't like coffee... Or coffee flavored anything. Not even mocha. 

Yes to the cart returning!

I once saw a woman who was parked in a spot right beside the cart return empty her cart and push it forward up to the curb, get in her car (she was completely by herself), and leave. It wasn't an accessible spot, and she was not elderly. I returned her cart along with mine. I couldn't believe that she wasn't going to move it the 12 feet around her car to return it... but she didn't. 
  • Options
    @wineandcoffee I too have never seen Star Wars or Harry Potter. 
  • Options
    @bartonolivia, now you have lots of things to see on maternity leave!