2nd Trimester
Options

Finding out gender.

I'm expecting baby #3 and we are very excited! My 2nd baby has been diagnosed autistic and we are hoping for a boy for him to have a best friend... 
I'm nervous that I'm going to be disappointed if it's a girl. Please don't get me wrong I'm still excited for this blessing in our family... I just don't want to seem ungrateful if it's a girl...

Re: Finding out gender.

• Options
    harpseal135harpseal135 member
    edited January 2019
    I'm expecting baby #3 and we are very excited! My 2nd baby has been diagnosed autistic and we are hoping for a boy for him to have a best friend... 
    I'm nervous that I'm going to be disappointed if it's a girl. Please don't get me wrong I'm still excited for this blessing in our family... I just don't want to seem ungrateful if it's a girl...
    Sorry, but a girl can be her siblings best friend, maybe more so than a boy....  Just because you have another boy does NOT necessarily mean they are going to be best buds as siblings do not always mesh - unfortunately.    Wouldn't you be crushed if you have another boy and the younger sibling has complete opposite of the other (autistic or not,). Yet, you could have a girl and they could be two peas in s pod......you just never know. Please dont get your heart set on the sex of your child due to siblings being 'buddies 
  • Options
    I think that some disappointment is common, a lot of mom's have their heart set one way or the other.  But I hope you can quickly get over it because a baby is a blessing regardless and like PP said just because this new baby might be the opposite sex doesn't mean they won't be best of friends.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I felt that way with my second. I already had a son and hoped for another boy becaise the would be close in age, therefore, best friends. I found put sje was a girl and did feel a bit disappointed for him, but was excited to have someone to do girl stuff with. They are almost 1.5 and 2.5 and they are best friends .My son wakes up every morning amd runs into her room saying "sissy, sissy" 
    They fight too, but the moment theyre separated hes always looking for her. She looks up to him amd wants to do eveything He does. They'll be besties no matter what gender it is.