Group 4 Check In (July 25 - 31) : Week Of 1/14

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out):

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite thing to do as a family outing?  

Re: Group 4 Check In (July 25 - 31) : Week Of 1/14

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 27/12w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): as tall as a rubiks cube, getting big!

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Finding out, not until 20 weeks though!

Upcoming Appointments: Just had one last week, next is 2/11

How are you feeling?: Still some really bad days mixed in there. Nausea and a terrible headache today. And of course, still exhausted. 

Rants/Raves: Rave - Okay I have to humble brag. My husband has been absolutely amazing so far. He's been seriously picking up the slack around the house when I can't get out of bed, yesterday he surprised me with a necklace and matching earrings, then jumped up from the couch while we were watching tv last night and said "I'm going to make you a surprise dessert!" 10 minutes later he brought me a chocolate crepe with whipped creme and strawberries. I died. 

Questions: I would love to get my husband a little something to show how appreciate I am. I know, I know, I'm carrying his child. But still, I want him to know how amazing he's been. Thoughts? He collects whiskey but idk if that's what I want to buy him to be overindulging in right now haha!

GTKY: What is your favorite thing to do as a family outing?  Well our family right now just consists of us and the dogs. We're in Chicago and there are a ton of dog friendly breweries, so we really loved doing that before I was pregnant!
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 25th 12+4

Baby is the size of a(n): Apricot 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Finding out

Upcoming Appointments: NT scan and 13 week appointment on Thursday 

How are you feeling?: At the moment, I have a splitting headache...but overall, okay. The exhaustion needs to pass soon! It makes being a mom to two so hard. 

Rants/Raves: Not too much going on..my 2 year old has been limping so we've been working on figuring that out and helping her get better! She has been home with me all week while her brother has been going to school and it has been so nice to get this time with her. The two are always competing for attention, so it was nice to enjoy being with her! 

GTKY: What is your favorite thing to do as a family outing?  We love to go to the beach, Busch Gardens, and out to eat. We don't have a ton of family time to do things...Basically our time as a family is Friday late afternoon/evenings and Sundays. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    antony17antony17 member
    edited January 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 29, 12w exactly

Baby is the size of a(n): plum, apricot depends on the app lol

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): finding out during anatomy scan

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow!!

How are you feeling?: Amazing! I never really got bad nausea (my heart goes out to those that did). I'm not as tired as I was a few weeks ago but I definitely need the weekends to catch up after working all week. 

Rants/Raves:  I found out today that my employer gives full pay during maternity. It's only as long as I have a doctor's note but I'm happy to know I'll get paid. My husband is from India where women get 24 weeks paid maternity leave per federal law. He can't believe how horrible maternity care is here in the states. Motherhood is simply not respected in the States ☹️

Questions: I want to continue my prenatal care with my OB but want to deliver with a midwife. Has anyone done that?

GTKY: What is your favorite thing to do as a family outing?  
    We live in St Louis and there's so much to do (when it's not winter!) We love exploring the cities parks, museums and restaurants. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 29th, 12w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): Plum

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Blue as far as the Counsyl test says

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow with MFM for the NT scan;1/24 with OB

How are you feeling?: Tired, lazy, sometimes nauseaus and boy do my boobs hurt😢

Rants/Raves:  None really, really wish people could just leave me alone, i have enough anxiety.

Questions: How does one overcome the anxiety of mc? Especially with a history of it? I just want to enjoy this last pregnancy.

GTKY: What is your favorite thing to do as a family outing?  We go to the park, visit cousins, sometimes get a family game of baseball going.
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 29, 12+1

Baby is the size of a(n): plum

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): finding out at AS

Upcoming Appointments: NT scan yesterday, birthing center intake appointment Thursday

How are you feeling?: Much calmer after the NT scan yesterday. Finally told my parents last night (yes, held out for a very long time! We live in different countries so haven’t seen each other face to face which was part of the reason it took so long).

Rants/Raves:  I’m tired of waking up DD in the dark to go to school. She takes forever to get out of bed and I just want to agree with her and cuddle and skip work too :)

Questions: can’t think of any right now, always come as soon as I post...

GTKY: What is your favorite thing to do as a family outing? Sunday mornings here they play old Disney movies at the movie theater at 10am then we go out to brunch.
  • Options
    @antony17 Here everyone delivers with midwives and with DD I was followed by a midwife the whole time.

However, this time I’m thinking about continuing my monthly checkups with my gynecologist. Last time I had major issues with anxiety that gave my high BP readings during appointments and caused me a huge amount of stress (ie telling me I had pre-e and would deliver, then being sent home and told me there was nothing etc...ended up delivering at 41+5 with an extremely stressful last 8 weeks). My gynecologist knows the history and also doesn’t have to follow the same protocols that the midwives do and can use a more wholistic approach to managing potential issues. The midwives here have to escalate everything that is off protocol (normal - glad they do this - just didn’t work for me).
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 30, 12 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): toy soldier  :D

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Hopefully finding out this week! 

Upcoming Appointments: January 30 to meet with another OB on the team

How are you feeling?: Better, less tired.

Rants/Raves:  Rant: family members persistently bothering me about when they can announce themselves online or pushing me to announce now. Rave: Any specific craving that I have my husband cooks on point and they've all been delicious.

Questions: How long do the early gender and genetic blood tests usually take to come back? When do you typically look into daycare/childcare? I know different areas have waitlists and etc.

GTKY: What is your favorite thing to do as a family outing?  Hiking and camping! It's been too chilly/I've been tired for winter hikes but those are my favorite! Hoping to get some camping trips in the Spring/Early June if we can.
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 27/ 12weeks

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Blue! Just found out from our Materniti21 yesterday :)

Upcoming Appointments: Feb 5

How are you feeling?: Better, still dealing with insomnia and tiredness but the nausea phase seems to be finally passed. 

Rants/Raves:  So close to 2nd trimester. Hoping for the energy bump to hit. 

Questions: Anyone have any tips for moving their older kiddo to a toddler bed? My DD is a terrible sleeper but hasn't tried to escape her crib so we've left it be but I think I want to move her to the bed when we move her into a new room to make space for the nursery.

GTKY: What is your favorite thing to do as a family outing?  We love getting out to community events like fun library programs or in the summer festivals and things. DD would vote going to a pizza restaurant as her fav, she's on a kick with that.
  • Options
    MagsK24MagsK24 member
    edited January 2019
    @samanthak46 I had the blood draw on the 7th and got my results yesterday on the 15th. This was faster than my first pregnancy which took at least 10 business days.

@antony17 I go to a group practice that offers both midwives and OBs. I choose to see midwives now but it has never been an issue to request back and forth as I needed.
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 27/ 12weeks 4 days

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Team Green

Upcoming Appointments: NT Scan tomorrow, OB appointment 01/29

How are you feeling?: Pretty good, some mild nausea earlier in the week, but it seems better now.

Rants/Raves:  Ready to be through the NT scan/results and hopefully less stressed about the unknown in the 2nd trimester. Raves-leaving for a girls trip to Florida tomorrow!!!

Questions: Nope

GTKY: What is your favorite thing to do as a family outing?  We love to hike with our dog and try out new breweries.
  • Options
    @MagsK24 we got DD a “fun” toddler bed (head in the shape of a cat and I painted purple whiskers and paw lines on the feet). She loved it so much (was hating the crib/screaming etc). She was so excited every night to get to sleep in her cat bed! There was a phase of coming back out of her room to ask for stuff but it didn’t last too long.
  • Options
    @frenchbaby18 that's reassuring to hear! Our DD has always been tough with sleep so on too of 1st trimester tiredness I am dreading sleepless nights putting her back to bed. 

Hopefully if we get her something fancy we can convince her it's cool to stay!
  • Options
    @MagsK24 you can even do a simple IKEA bed and personalize by turning it into something she likes!

heres what our “cat” looked like: