Group 1 Check In (7/1-7/8) w/o 1/14

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out):

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favourite thing to do as a family outing?  

Re: Group 1 Check In (7/1-7/8) w/o 1/14

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 
    15 weeks today!! 

Baby is the size of a(n): 
    Naval Orange

Finding out, hopefully on Wednesday!
    💙💖💙💖💙💖??

Upcoming Appointments: 
    Elective ultrasound on Wednesday at a private place, 16 week appt next Tuesday with OB.

How are you feeling?: 
    Better! I’ve started taking only half of a unisom, so I’m hoping to not need it very soon and that morning sickness will be gone!! 🤞🏻I started going through boxes from when we moved two years ago, in the closets of the future nursery to donate or whatever. That’s been the most motivation I’ve had in a while! 

Rants/Raves:  
    We had an ice storm this weekend, and I had just bought a roast to make... the power was out for like 6-8 hours and I just couldn’t risk cooking it and getting sick. Hubby thought I was being ridiculous.

Questions: 

I love going to the local vineyard with my hubby! We also love to travel somewhere more “historical” and tour old houses and other museum-like places. We don’t have kids yet, so I’m sure this will change!
  • Options
    Due date- July 1, 16weeks                Baby is size of- an avocado 🥑.         Upcoming apt- 16 wk visit today.         Team- still hoping to stat team green. Hubby and dd wanna find out.       How are you feeling- I have a cold so I feel prettt miserable. I miss Motrin so bad, Tylenol has not helped this headache. Rants/raves- I am a big baby when I’m sick and pregnant. I’ve never made homemade chicken noodle soup before anyone have a good recipe??                                     Fav family outing- I love doing things like picnics in the park, touring local places like turkey hill I’ve cream or heres potato chip factory- my daughter has a blast. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @gbud630 aww! Congratulations! I hope our baby is cooperative on Wednesday. I’ll be 15w2d, so I’m kind of nervous! They say they can tell at 15w though. 
  • Options
    @rgn12 I hope so for you! I had a little sugar about a half an hour before to get the little nugget moving. I was 15w5d so I think you will be good! I was nervous about finding out and then it being wrong so I asked the tech what percent confident she was and she said 100% - are you guys going to be told on the spot or doing some type of reveal?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @gbud630 we’re going to find out on the spot! I originally wanted to do a gender reveal, but my parents live so far away and are in the process of moving (closer luckily) so they wouldn’t be able to come. Maybe next time around!! Not sure what we’re goinf to do about announcing, maybe we can still do something cutesie, haha! 
  • Options
    @rgn12 oh for sure there are tons of fun options!
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 4 / 15 weeks 4 days 

Baby is the size of a(n): some kind of fruit or vegetable 

GREEN
    Upcoming Appointments: This Thursday , monthly appt (I’ll be 16 weeks) 

How are you feeling?:  starting to have more energy throughout the day but still throwing up every single day 

Rants/Raves:  rant.... can’t wait for this throwing up to stop... (hopefully soon)

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favourite thing to do as a family outing?  We love to go swimming 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 6 / 15w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): Orange

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Green!

Upcoming Appointments:  Next Monday for second sequential screen and repeat TSH check

How are you feeling?: Pretty good overall, I had a lot of growing pains in my belly last week but those have since subsided.

Rants/Raves:  Rants: Ok, this is crazy and I'll regret saying this I'm sure, but I live in Michigan and we have had like literally no snow this winter.  Everyone else seems to be getting snow and I'm finding myself actually missing it.  I bought all kinds of snow gear for our son and he has yet to use any of it!  Raves:  I started pinning neutral nursery ideas and I'm feeling the itch to start picking stuff out.  

Questions: Nah

GTKY: What is your favourite thing to do as a family outing?  Definitely trips to the beach with a picnic lunch and of course an ice cream stop.
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/7 - 15+1

Baby is the size of a(n): eggo waffle

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Finding out

Upcoming Appointments: none this week

How are you feeling?: Pretty good! My doctor started me on a benadryl routine for the post nasal drip, and while I'm not taking a strong enough dose to completely dry me out, it's at a level where I can deal with it. Definitely living in leggings.

Rants/Raves: I had a lovely weekend visiting my parents. 

Questions: I am so warm all of the time! Anyone else already concerned about staying cool in June & July?

GTKY: What is your favourite thing to do as a family outing? My answer is different than my SO's, but he's coming around! I love outdoor walks and hikes. He loves shopping trips! 
  • Options
    keebler6elfkeebler6elf member
    edited January 2019
    @gbud630 I have been meaning to clear out my closet as well! I get so frustrated when I accidentally try to put something on that is no longer comfortable... I should just do it.
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7-2 / 15Weeks6days

Baby is the size of a(n): Nutella Jar

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Pink

Upcoming Appointments: Next appointment is the 25, then I believe the 12th.  

How are you feeling?: Pretty good! Heart burn like crazy, fingers swell slightly when I am walking or sleeping.  Some slight headaches

Rants/Raves: I am finally starting to look pregnant and not fat!!!

Questions: How is everyone sleeping in their second trimester? I am tired all day but up through out the night.

GTKY: What is your favourite thing to do as a family outing? - We love going to sporting events
  • Options
    gembudgembud member
    edited January 2019
    @keebler6elf bite the bullet!! I was procrastinating it as well, but it really is so much easier (and comfier!) now!

@indulgentgypsy congratulations on the house, that is amazing!!!

@mom2b77373 I'm actually sleeping better now than the first. It's weird I had no fatigue in the first trimester, it all seemed to hit in the second when they say you gain energy back - guess not for me. 
  • Options

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: i'm 15+1 due 7/7

Baby is the size of a(n): avocado

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): PINKKKKK

Upcoming Appointments: end of this month for my 2nd sequential screening then AS is schedule mid feb

How are you feeling?: Much better every single day. Still have some round of nausea first thing in the morning but other than that, I'm feeling okay. I went hiking on Sunday, nothing crazy but 20 minutes in I fainted and lost conscience for about 4 minutes, luckily hubby was with me.

Rants/Raves:  I cleared out my guest room for the nursery so yay, time to start planning for this nugget.

Questions: How are you guys preparing to sleep on your side? I'm a back/stomach sleeper and it's so hard to stay on my side.

GTKY: What is your favourite thing to do as a family outing?  Hubby and I love to travel and be outside even if it's driving up to Lake Tahoe and getting food spending time at the lake and driving back. No kiddos yet but I have a feeling it won't change much.
  • Options
    keebler6elfkeebler6elf member
    edited January 2019
    @mom2b77373 I am finding myself staying up later and having a harder time getting my sacred 8 hours of sleep. I rarely feel the urge to nap though, so I'm not complaining! 

@indulgentgypsy Congrats! 

@babyginjuly I am normally a very wiggly sleeper - back, stomach, and both sides every night. I've been trying to literally train myself to sleep on my sides. I'm getting better at it... I think I'm successfully most nights now. I have been propping my head up pretty high because of my post nasal drip, and that's been making stomach sleeping way less comfortable. I had been getting pain at my hips and knees, so I also hug a pillow between my knees and under my beginner baby bump. I usually flip it with me when I need to roll over. I don't know if any of those things actually make a difference or if it is really a mental obstacle, but it seems to be working. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/7, 15+1

Baby is the size of a(n): avocado or apple

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Blue

Upcoming Appointments: Some group appt on 1/24. I guess a lot of moms have been receptive since you get to know local people before you even have the baby. Cool concept, I’m excited for it. 

How are you feeling?: Still extremely tired and sick. I’m so over this. Apparently boys take it out of you. 

Rants/Raves:  rant: my coworker called in today so I’ve been busting my ass by myself. (I work in MRI, so we usually take turns, but it’s all me today.) It’s so hard. I’m not okay with that. I totally understand needing some personal time, but dammit, I want some alone time too! 

Questions: Any ideas on how to get your energy up? I’m still feeling so drained. 

DD is a little young, but we take her to the grandparents houses or the cabin in the mountains and she enjoys her play time with them while mommy and daddy enjoy their “alone” time. 
  • Options
    Happyin14Happyin14 member
    edited January 2019
    @Sparty18, I’m with you. I’m in the NYC area and nothing. I just want to make a couple snowballs!! 

@keebler6elf, we don’t usually open our pool until end of June and I’m already thinking I’ll push mh to do it in May. 😂😂

@indulgentgypsy, I could have written most of your post. No flutters. I’ve actually lost 3 pounds so far and that’s good... and anxiety after feeling okay about things. TMI warning.... seriously. TMI GUYS. I’m literally smelling my tp to make sure it’s not amnio fluid. 
  • Options
    AFM:

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  7/5, 15+3

Baby is the size of a(n): newborn baby bottle. 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Pink. I hope... because that’s what I have told everyone. I’ll find out soon if I heard right! 

Upcoming Appointments: Wednesday. Not a moment too soon. And early anatomy next Thurs. 

How are you feeling?: Great! Finally! Woot! 

Rants/Raves:  not really... I also made the plunge to maternity clothes and they are all a tad too big. My one pair of maternity jeans kept falling down yesterday. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favourite thing to do as a family outing?  Umm... I dunno but it should end with really great ice cream. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 4 15+5

Baby is the size of a(n): soon to be avocado!

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): green

Upcoming Appointments: February 5

How are you feeling?: Ravenously hungry

Rants/Raves:  babymoon planning and dh invited our annoying AF couple friends

Questions: how do I eat without having weight?! Kidding.

GTKY: What is your favourite thing to do as a family outing?  Baseball games!!!
    FTM
    July 4th
  • Options
    Est due date/weeks + days: July 7th 15+1

Baby is the size of an eggo waffle 

Team: finding out! 

Upcoming appointments: midwife Jan 17th and anatomy scan Feb 4th 

How are you feeling: hungry, tired, backpain has started up earlier than my previous pregnancy but not terrible! 

Rants/Raves: rant this week, and a long one sorry! I’m second guessing my midwife practice and starting to feel uncomfortable. They’ve tried to encourage home birth which I don’t want, have discouraged me from using the hospital 10 minutes from my house because they don’t have the best relationships there and want me to go 45 minutes further to a small hospital that doesn’t have a NICU. They’ve told me if I use the hospital where I delivered my daughter they won’t be able to get me an epidural if I want one because of the bad relationship the practice has with them. So I’m worried if I use this practice my care will be negatively affected by their pre existing relationship. So thinking of switching back to the OB I used with my first pregnancy but the whole thing is just stressing me out. 

Questions: if anyone has any input on the midwife situation I’d appreciate it! 

GTKY favourite family outing: we really love hiking, and brunch! We’ll often do both if we get nice weather on a Sunday. 

• Options
    @mrscammack, you wanted a midwife (I assume) because you felt like they would support the kind of birth you’d like to try and have. Right? Support the options you want on the table. If they aren’t doing that, it doesn’t seem like a fit. And if you aren’t comfortable.... you aren’t comfortable.

That said, I would probably just do a bit more digging around about the hospital to make sure it’s not because they don’t support unmediated birth and midwives. If it’s a general dislike of the practice, that’s something to consider. But if it seems to be limited to this practice and that hospital, something has to give. 
  • Options
    @mrscammack I'd switch practices. The last thing you want is regret if something happened. Makes me wonder why the hospital has such an issue with the midwife's office.
    FTM
    July 4th
  • Options
    @mrscammack Is it the hospital you delivered in before? How was your previous experience with the hospital and the OB? If it was good I would probably switch.  Being10 minutes away from home and with a NICU sounds like a better situation if your previous experience was a good one.
  • Options
    @gbud630 Congratulations on team blue. I'm so glad you guys got the early scan:)
  • Options
    @indulgentgypsy I'm right there with you. I am actively hiding my bump. I don't want anyone to know in case something goes wrong because I don't think I could handle having to talk about another loss with people I work with. I am having such a hard time between appointments too, not knowing if everything is ok or not. Plus I keep having terrible dreams that have me thinking the worst. And like you I go back and forth between not feeling pregnant. I have actually forgotten momentarily and then catch myself. I keep thinking that if the next appointment goes well I'll stop hiding it. But I've been saying that for months now. I'm not sure we'll ever feel anything but anxiety until baby is here. I'm sorry you are having to feel this way too. I wish there was a way to bring back the complete happiness from "before". Thinking of you ❤
  • Options
    @babyginjuly I'm a back sleeper and trying to sleep on my side is killing me. The snoogle has been a life saver for me. I wrap it around so I can't roll onto my back at night and it's even helping with my hips a bit. 
  • Options
    @mom2b77373 I'm having trouble sleeping because of my hips. Every now and then I fall asleep in the afternoons when SO is playing with DD and it is often the best sleep I get:/
  • Options
    @Happyin14 @firecracker_mama thanks ladies! 

@Panaceia yes I delivered at the hospital previously with my OB and had a wonderful experience in labour and delivery. Wasn’t a huge fan of the mother and baby unit afterwards but that was down to one bad nurse we had which I’m sure happens everywhere. I think I’m going to trust my gut and make the switch. 
  • Options
    @Panaceia, my hurt again and it’s sharper. It’s the beginning of milk production changes now so it does change. Mine hurt worse... 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 2, 16 weeks today! 

Baby is the size of a(n): chipmunk 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): finding out! 

Upcoming Appointments: just had my regular monthly appointment last Friday so our next is February 4th which is our anatomy scan! Hopefully LO will cooperate so we know what we are having! 

How are you feeling?: still super sick. I was officially diagnosed with Hyperemesis gravidarum last week and was put on Diclegis. Since taking the meds, I haven’t thrown up but still really nauseous. 

Rants/Raves:  I’m not a fan of this medicine they put me on for my nausea. It makes me EXTREMELY tired. Like Saturday I physically couldn’t get off my couch and slept all day. So I cut back the dose. I’m not as tired but I’m not feeling as great. I’m going to give it a few days but if I can’t find a balance I’m going to call my dr. 

Questions: anybody else taking Diclegis? What are your experiences with it? 

GTKY: What is your favourite thing to do as a family outing?  We live near a bunch of wineries and breweries. We love spending the weekend at one of those places. But now I’m designated DD 🤷🏻‍♀️ We also have a German Shepherd so we love taking him outside and going on walks and hikes with him! 
  • Options
    @Panaceia I'm so glad you kept that autocorrect! Mine have not really bothered me at all, or changed and it actually makes me nervous! Hoping they eventually grow cause I'm afraid my small Bs are not going to feed the little rugrat
  • Options

@sarahtram2018 I was feeling the same way and then I stopped it completely and realized, I had just as much nausea without it than I did with it except I had energy which in return made me feel better. My nausea is slowly almost gone now.
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  15w 5d, EDD July 4

Baby is the size of a(n): lightbulb

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): pink

Upcoming Appointments: Feb 1 with AS the following Monday

How are you feeling?: like @Panaceia AMD @indulgentgypsy I switch between feeling pregnant and not so much. I have a doppler thinking it would help ease my PGAL brain but I think it's making it worse. I found the heartbeat once before but I've tried the past 2 days and can't find it and am completely freaking out. I hate this month long gap between appointments. I also still try to hide my bump and think we may be officially announcing it after the AS, assuming it goes well. I hate this feeling of constant anxiety and worry.

Rants/Raves:  Haven't gained any weight so far, which I'm secretly happy about. I don't have much of an appetite and I can't stand most sweets. I'll take it!

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favourite thing to do as a family outing?  We live by the beach so like to go there. We also like sporting events, especially baseball. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/7 15 weeks 2 days

Baby is the size of a(n): orange

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): We found out last week that we are having another boy!!💙💙❤️💙

Upcoming Appointments: 16 week serial growth US and some bloodwork next week.

How are you feeling?: horrible, I have this bronchial/throat/head cold thing going on and I really just want to sleep. Plus I feel too crappy to exercise which makes me feel worse this week. Other than that my bloating has started to subside which is nice and my skin is finally starting to get a little better! I hope all you lovely ladies are feeling good this week!💕

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favourite thing to do as a family outing?  The park and then lunch 
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 16 weeks 

Baby is the size of a(n): avocado

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): BLUE

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow, 1/16

How are you feeling?: Good

Rants/Raves:  Really nothing.  I guess I am boring. 

Questions: Still nothing.

GTKY: What is your favourite thing to do as a family outing?  I love dinner and outdoor time.  Swimming and the beach is always fun.  We live really close to a winery, so I like going there with DH for some wine and appetizers.  We attend a lot of sporting events as well.  We live in a big football town, so that is a big deal around here. 
  • Options
    @sarahtram2018 I have had HG with both viable pregnancies. I never took the medication because I don't generally react well to most substances. My OB has me stop my prenatals around 12 weeks. For me it helps with reducing the nausea and vomiting. If you're not liking the medication I say don't take it. The HG doesn't go away but I find around 20 weeks that it usually becomes manageable...or at least I get used to it enough that it's not debilitating. 
  • Options
    @gbud630 I was a very small B with DD. After a rough start though I managed to BF until DD was almost 4. Don't worry. Size has nothing to do with production:) My breasts didn't change at all during my first pregnancy BUT after DD was born they did grow to a nice size and stayed that way:)