Options

Group 1 Check-in (Aug 1-7) | Jan 13-19

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What's the best thing about what you do?

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
Re-started TTC Aug 2016
Started IF testing Nov 2016
Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

Re: Group 1 Check-in (Aug 1-7) | Jan 13-19

• Options
    GUYS! I remembered for the first time in like a month to post this :D 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: August 4, 11 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): lime

Upcoming Appointments: none til anatomy scan, March 11

How are you feeling?: pretty good.

Rants/Raves: i have a scratchy throat that just won't quit, but it's not the end of the world.

Questions: nope

I'm going to answer this twice because I just transitioned from being a SAHM with my 16 month old (best thing: random hugs and kisses and 100% flexible schedule, I decide what to do and when to do it.) back to being a math teacher (best thing: seeing the "aha!" moment when kids finally get it)

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• Options
    August 5th, 10+6

Somewhere between a prune and a lime

Upcoming Appointments:

Jan. 22, nuchal translucency screening/NIPT blood draw.

How are you feeling?:

Much better! Nipples are still sore, and I occasionally have mild evening nausea, but I'm starting to enjoy food again!

Rants/Raves: 

It's kind of a rant and a rave--snowed in so I can't go to work like I planned this weekend!

Questions:

when did y'all STM+ start feeling your babies move? I'm almost certain I'm feeling gas, but there's a shred of doubt saying that it might be baby.

Not to steal from you @BigBadWolf12, but I love the teaching/mentoring portion of my job almost as much as I love when a particular experiment goes well. That moment when someone gets it is beautiful.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @deecherise I felt my baby move for the first time at 18+4. I remember the exact day because my a/s was at 18+3 and the technician couldn't believe that I couldn't feel the baby when we could see him moving on the screen. the next day I felt him clear as day :) 

I've also wondered a couple of times if I could feel baby this time around already, but I think it's just too early for that in reality. (I also had phantom kicks PP for a while...it's weird).

Also, you're not stealing haha. I think it's a common "best moment" for teachers/mentors/parents in general :) 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• Options
    8/5, 10w6d
    Strawberry 
    Upcoming Appointments:
    US on the 25th 
    How are you feeling?:
    Overwhelmed. DH's back has been acting up bad (injury from his time in the army) and he's fighting some sore throat or sinus infection, so he can't do much at all with DD. 
    Rants/Raves: 
    I love that our grocery store has fresh meals ready to cook. Easy suppers and lunches for school.
    Questions: 
    Nope.
    I'm with the other teachers- the aha moments, and the sense of pride they feel when they go up a reading level. It makes all the stress and BS that comes with teaching today all worth it. One of my parents wrote a note in my Christmas card that I've inspired her daughter to want to be a teacher. I almost cried when I read it in front of the class.
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/5  10+6

Baby is the size of a(n): somewhere between a prune and a fig

Upcoming Appointments: NIPT lab draw 1/14 and Nuchal on 1/21

How are you feeling?: Tired. I worked all day for 12 hours. Currently have my feet up on the couch. 

Rants/Raves: I got my fetal Doppler in the mail a few days ago! I found the heartbeat a few times and it is the most soothing sound right now. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What's the best thing about what you do? I love working with babies.  I'm a postpartum nurse. I go to deliveries too and my favorite part is when the baby is born and there is so much joy in the room. I love seeing the tears of joy. I love teaching new parents how to swaddle and getting dad to change the first diaper. 
  • Options
    @deecherise I didn't feel anything until around 20 weeks with my first but I had an anterior placenta. Totally thought I felt something last week but I'm sure it was just gas. Haha. 

@hillaryo14 My DH used to be in the army too,  hope he feels better soon. 

• Options
    @deecherise I started feeling movement right around 18 weeks last time.
    @Babylovecali I LOVE my doppler.  I am super anxious before I can feel movement, and it really calms my nerves.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/2 11+3

Baby is the size of a(n): Brussel Sprout

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow. Regular prenatal check and I'll have my NIPT drawn

How are you feeling?: A lot better than I was, I managed to workout 6 days last week and my nausea seems to be limited to the evenings at this point.  

Rants/Raves: I'm anxious about the NIPT and waiting for the results, but we are going on vacation Friday-Tuesday so the distraction from waiting will be nice. 

Questions: Nothing at the moment

GTKY: What's the best thing about what you do? I work from home. Sometimes I miss the social aspect of working in a hospital, but at this point in my life being able to keep my daughter home with me when she is sick and not have to do the "who is taking the day off to care for her thing" is absolutely priceless.  As long as we have young children I'll be staying put with my current position. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  8/2 11w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): Brussel Sprout

Upcoming Appointments:  1/31 is my next doc apt

How are you feeling?: Well DH was nagging me to start getting the house put back together so even though I knew it wouldn't be good I got off the couch and proceeded to lose my dinner in the bathroom.  I went to talk to him in the kitchen, after he apparently decided to toot and, lost the rest of my dinner. Jerk face.   Every few days I feel like he must think I'm making this up and even though I've worked so hard not to throw up he makes me feel guilty for sitting still and I end up puking my brains out. he apologizes but ffs. 

Rants/Raves: Rant is above, rave is we leave for the Bahamas on Sunday. Whoop!  But at the same time my throat just started hurting. Hope it passes. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What's the best thing about what you do?  ugh. I have vacation brain. 

Me 32 <3 H 33
    TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/1, 11+4

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow for the OB and nuechal translucency test on a Friday

How are you feeling?: physically I feel fine, however, I had quote a bit of bleeding this weekend. No cramping and it seems to have subsided but it was bright red and there was some tissue in there. I’m hoping it has to do with the vanishing twin and not the remaining baby. I waited until today to call the doctor because I wasn’t going to go to the ER for it and I didn’t feel there was much advice they could give over the phone I didn’t already know. Waiting for a call back. I guess I’ll know tomorrow at the latest.

Rants/Raves: finally getting into a good book for the first time in way too long - Becoming by Michelle Obama

Questions: 

GTKY: What's the best thing about what you do? I’m a SAHM so loving on my kiddos

@deecherise I felt DD around 19 weeks and DS a little sooner around 17 weeks. I’ve also had a few moments this pregnancy that made me stop And think but I know it’s too early.
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    8/5 11 weeks 

Lime

Upcoming Appointments:
    February 6th 

How are you feeling?:
    Pretty good! Getting excited about the 2nd trimester being so close 

Rants/Raves: 
    I’m still so tired. I swear all I did this past weekend is sleep. 

Questions: none 

I like helping my colleagues by doing demand analysis and breaking out the bill of materials so they know what’s going on. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date: 8/5; 11 weeks on the dot

Upcoming apt: tomorrow for NIPT blood draw

Feeling: Good, still tired, and a bit (tmi) constipated, but not nearly as nauseous as before, trying to figure out if there’s a tiny baby bump or just all the extra chipotle I’ve been eating when I stand in the mirror in profile.

Rant/Rave: @olivemomma - just finished Becoming - really enjoyed it!  It’s well written, her background and time in the White House is fascinating, and the career/kids/DH career discussion throughout is very relatable.  Only problem is... what to read next? 

Questions:  It seems like everyone’s appointment schedules are all over the place even taking into account women under additional care for various fertility/per-existing conditions.  Is there really no healthcare standard for pregnancy?  I guess there’s probably an extensive google search and some studies to read, but it’s baffling that treatment for such a common “condition” hasn’t been optimized.  

GTKY: When I’m able to create positive change, whether that be with a work-product or when I’m able to connect and empower other people to work together and create...
  • Options
    Love gearing when y’all STMs felt movement... can’t wait for that!

@becks68 I’m so with you on “is that bloat or a baby bump??” 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  8/2 11w3d

Baby is the size of a: Lime

Upcoming Appointments: US and NIPT draw was this morning, next week is nuchal

How are you feeling?: Tired. Our flight was delayed last night coming home from vacation, so we got home at 2am. Feeling less than stellar today. 

Rants/Raves: My rave is that I only have to survive two more days at work before another long weekend vacation on Thursday. 

Questions: Will the nuchal translucency ultrasound be abdominal? I assume so and today was my last transvaginal US....

GTKY: What's the best thing about what you do? Helping elected officials implement their policy goals, working with people who are making a difference (and not just making someone rich) 
  • Options
    EDD- 8/2 11 weeks 3 days
    Baby size of a lime and weighs as much as a ketchup packet :) 
    Upcoming appointment- next Tuesday ultrasound and meeting again with midwife 
    Feeling- Tired and somewhat uncomfortable when I sleep. Got a pregnancy pillow which helps.
    Rants/Raves- winter sucks 
    No questions 
    Best thing about what I do- I don’t hate my job, that’s a win!
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/2 / 11w3d 

Upcoming Appointments: nuchal scan next week

How are you feeling?: anxious. I’ve been warned that there may be “fetal structural issues” based on prior scans where they couldn’t see clearly. So it’s been 2 weeks of hell just waiting to see if there’s actually an issue or not. Next week can’t come fast enough. 

Rants/Raves: I guess my rant is about the anxious waiting above. My rave is that I bought a pair of maternity pants and I live in them now and it’s truly wonderful. 

Questions: I second @heml above: what will the nuchal be like?

GTKY: What's the best thing about what you do?  I’m never, ever bored.