April 2019 Moms
Options

STM+ Check In 1/10

How far along are you? How big is baby? 

How many kids do you already have? 

How are your other kids doing this week? 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? 

GTKY: What phrase (that you never expected to say) do you say far, far too often to your child(ren)?

Re: STM+ Check In 1/10

• Options
    lyse01lyse01 member
    edited January 2019
    28+2, eggplant/Bratz doll 

DD is 1.5

Picky eating (probably because I’m not serving at the right time), randomly screaming (so not helpful when it makes FIL think there’s a mouse), teething her molars, and pulling on her own boots to go outside.

Why is her nap constantly shifting?

GTKY: What phrase (that you never expected to say) do you say far, far too often to your child(ren)?
    ”don’t be a pickpocket”
    also “go the fuck to sleep”
  • Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 27+ weeks califlower

How many kids do you already have? 1DD (2yo)

How are your other kids doing this week? Sassy mainly. She is absolutely asserting her independence and makes it known when "I no like this" or "I no do that"

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? Happy to be home after being gone two days, tad bit stressed with the fights that go on right at bedtime

"Put your pants back on" extremely accurate when we are halfway through changing into pajamas or normal clothes and she runs away to hide under her bed butt naked....happens more than I would like

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby?  24.6 

How many kids do you already have? 1 DD 2yo

How are your other kids doing this week? Really good. She is eating better than usual and sleeping well and just overall being super cute and loving. ***Knocks on wood**

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions?  Starting to feel real! things are coming along. 

Lots of don'ts, don't jump on that, don't stand on that, don't pick your nose, don't eat the bubbles, don't put that in your mouth....
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Options
    26 weeks! Bowling pin/butternut squash/bunch of kale

4 year old DD

She’s been crazy, and defiant and and messy and wanting the tv constantly. Also my parents took her shopping yesterday and bought her the most adorable mermaid purse that she is all obsessed over. 

Currently she sleeps in the bed with me and I have no idea how we are going to get her to sleep in her own bed when we move. Also I feel like it’s going to be a huge battle when I do not have any energy to battle. 

Pregnancy makes me super irritable, angry and just over everything. I don’t know how I’m going to make it another 13 weeks. 

“No, not in a second.” (She always says “just a second” when she doesn’t want to do something) 
    “Why are you naked?” My kid hates clothes apparently, even in winter. 

this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 26+4 I think? Bowling pin

How many kids do you already have? DS - turning four next month!

How are your other kids doing this week? He's been an absolute barnacle lately but overall good.  Bedtime is improving and he's eating well. Just needs to work on LISTENING. Oh! And he started swim last Sunday and it was insane cute.

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? I'm concerned his new room won't be ready. That's about it. 

GTKY: What phrase (that you never expected to say) do you say far, far too often to your child(ren)? Lots of telling him to not yank on his penis. All you in the check-in so far with your daughters, not having to tell them to leave their penises alone when they're not in their own room. Lucky! (though I'm sure there are PLENTY of other genital related convos with girls)
  • Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 25+5 - pigeon (kind of weird)

How many kids do you already have? 1 DD who is 2.5

How are your other kids doing this week? She's good. Nothing crazy going on right now other than needing one of us to constantly play with her. 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? Even when I stop liquids at 7/8pm, I'm still getting up to pee 2-4 times a night. WTF. I need sleep! Any ideas? I am wanting to nest and get ready, but the basement still isn't done. Grrr.

GTKY: What phrase (that you never expected to say) do you say far, far too often to your child(ren)? I can't think of anything that I say directly, although I am starting to become more and more like my mom. I can't believe how much freaking laundry 3 people (and really, I'm not the one dirtying a ton of laundry, ahem, DH) make and how much I do. I'm going to drown in laundry once LO comes.
  • Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby?  27 weeks, bunch of bananas. 

How many kids do you already have? 3 dd’s. 7,4, and 2. 

How are your other kids doing this week? We’re passing sinus junk around this week. My oldest is having a dental procedure done today. Other, than that all is good. 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? My ex-husband, what else is new 🤦🏻‍♀️ He just continues to be an idiot and my kids take the brunt of it. Also, I’m exhausted because I can’t breathe which means I can’t sleep. Fun times. 

GTKY: What phrase (that you never expected to say) do you say far, far too often to your child(ren)? What were you thinking? Don’t do (blank) to you sister... get dressed, put on your shoes, etc. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @MRDCle DD has her fingers in her genitals constantly and I figure as long as they’re not picking up poop while down there, I couldn’t care less.
  • Options
    lyse01 said:
    @MRDCle DD has her fingers in her genitals constantly and I figure as long as they’re not picking up poop while down there, I couldn’t care less.
    I just want him to learn that if he wants to play with it, take it in your room bud. Don't sit on my bed and do it. That's for his private time. 
  • Options
    My 4 year old constantly had her hands in her private’s, I finally figured out she’s not wiping when she pees and it’s itxhy. I got her some of the toilet wipes and that’s helped a lot. 

I’m not gonna lie, it made me super uncomfortable. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 26w2d kale?

How many kids do you already have? 6 yo DD, 3 yo DS

How are your other kids doing this week? Growing like weeds. I swear they both look bigger every morning when they wake up. I can barely get clothes in their drawers before they grow out of them.

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? Both kiddos talk to the baby every day. It is the sweetest thing. They tell anyone who will listen that mama is pregnant and the new baby can hear them and will remember their voice. One thing is for sure LO will recognize DS! He is so loud and chatters nonstop. LO jumps every time he is nearby. 

GTKY: What phrase (that you never expected to say) do you say far, far too often to your child(ren)? "Pick a level!!" DS is now verbal enough to nonstop bicker with DD. OMG it never ends. At some point I yell "pick a level!!" The first to answer gets to pick which floor they can play on, the other has to pick a different floor. We moved from SoCal a few years ago and I never thought I would have a huge house and now that I do I LOVE IT!
  • Options
    @eli_belle that's a brilliant idea!
  • Options
    24+6, cantaloupe sized 

DD, 21mos

She’s been lying awake instead of napping all week. She napped yesterday, but I think it’s only because she woke up early in the morning. I hope naptime isn’t already done. Not right before baby brother. Also, her drainage from her Christmas cold was getting a lot better, but then suddenly got worse again yesterday. I’m not sure if she picked up another cold or what. 

Rants/raves: the rant is about the nap situation above. The rave is that her vocabulary is getting so big she can communicate just about anything she wants to. It cuts down on frustration for both of us. 

GTKY: “mommy is tired of reading books. Go play with your toys.” She wants to read a thousand books a day, and while I’m happy to oblige for awhile, I have a limit. 
  • Options
    Definitely sympathizing with the independence as well as the penis talk.  My son lately has been telling me, "My penis is stretched out.  I hate it, it feels funny."  :expressionless:  Hate to break it to you kid, all penises do that and you'll probably love it ten years from now....

How far along are you? How big is baby?  27 weeks, a bunch of bananas I think.  

How many kids do you already have? One DS, 4 1/2.

How are your other kids doing this week? He's been better about the tv/video game time, but I've been exhausted and not giving him enough attention.  When DH gets home, he goes full squirrel.

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? Just worrying about the transition to two kiddos.  I was at a playdate today and helped the other moms round up their kids, and they both said I'm a natural (I work with kids, so I guess I am in a way, haha), but I'm nervous about how DS will take it.  More of the same, I think I've mentioned this on here already, haha.

"Do not lick that."
    "Get your hair out of your mouth."
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    27 weeks, lettuce 

DD 5.5, DS almost 3

We are finally potty trained!!! Underwear all day and pull-ups at night. DS even asks to go in public places now! I think he literally woke up New Years Day and decided to use the potty and wear underwear lol

GTKY: What phrase (that you never expected to say) do you say far, far too often to your child(
    ”where are your pants” glad I’m not the only parent with half naked children running around at home lol
    ”leave your ‘sibling’ alone”