May 2019 Moms

Group 3 check in 1/8

Due date/W+D: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Any appointments?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?:

Questions?:

GTKY: What is your all time favorite movie?

Re: Group 3 check in 1/8

• Due date/W+D: 5/16  21+6

Baby is the size of a(n): endive ????

Any appointments?: I go in next week for another 4 wk appt

Rants/Raves?: I’ve been feeling a lot more movement!

How are you feeling?: pretty good, but I have been throwing up a lot more lately.  It hits me out of the blue though, so at least I don’t have all day nausea.  I also think I’m already starting to waddle.

Questions?: 

GTKY: What is your all time favorite movie? I stole that question from one of the other groups, but I don’t have a good answer because I don’t have one favorite.  Pride and Predjudice is up there on my list, so I’ll go with that.  

• Due date/W+D: May 20, 21+2

Baby is the size of a(n): Baby Bok Choy

Any appointments?: None

Rants/Raves?: Wasn't feeling much movement over the weekend and then the last 2 days have been feeling lots of strong kicks all day!

How are you feeling?: Great, trying to be more active now that I have my energy back

Questions?: When are you supposed to start counting kicks?

GTKY: What is your all time favorite movie? Too many to name!

• Loading the player...
  • Due date/W+D: 05/21, 21w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): Endive/Baby Bok Choy

Any appointments?: I have my anatomy scan tomorrow w/ MFM

Rants/Raves?: I finally felt the baby move this last week! (thanks anterior placenta) and I love that reassurance. Even if I only feel him move once a day, it helps my anxiety to know he's there. 

How are you feeling?: I'm tired because I sleep like crap lately. Leg cramps wake me up like 2+ times a night and it's getting sooooo old. 

Questions?: Nada

GTKY: What is your all time favorite movie? Ohhh....this is a tough one. I think Fried Green Tomatoes is it though...

• @cbd5314. I think my doctors have usually had me start doing kick counts around the beginning of the 3rd trimester. 

@keighty80. Good luck at your scan tomorrow!  That’s such a fun appointment!
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    edited January 2019

Due date/W+D: May 17, 21+5

Baby is the size of a(n): endive

Any appointments?: nada for a while

Rants/Raves?: So excited to be going to Maui in a couple weeks. We booked it super last minute (a few days ago) but it's going to be great to relax and spend this time with DD before the new baby is born.

How are you feeling?: Alright. I can finally do yoga which is amazing! Going to my first class this pregnancy (started around 9 or 10 weeks last pregnancy).

Questions?:

GTKY: What is your all time favorite movie? Pride and Prejudice (with Keira Knightly) Also - @fatmonica I wrote this before I even read yours  - Edited b/c this was supposed to be a laughing face but made it disappointed  :D

@fatmonica I'm so sorry you are still getting sick!! Has this happened with your other pregnancies?

@cbd5314 That definitely happens to me with kicks to. If I forget to think about it I just miss them (running around with a toddler). Like @fatmonica said, I think it's 28 weeks - definitely nothing to be worried about yet.

@keighty80 Hope your scan went/goes well! Have you asked the broader group about leg cramps. In the general population, I think water and bananas (potasium?) are supposed to help. I feel like in pregnancy, increasing magnesium levels might help? I've never experienced that symptom in either pregnancy so can't speak to it in practice.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @kvh22 I asked my doctor about it and he suggested magnesium and potassium supplements. I’ve been taking them, but I keep getting the Charlie horses. He said sometimes it just happens. They don’t know why, but pregnancy causes that sometimes. Just something I’ll have to deal with, I guess! 
  • @keighty80 ugh sorry it's not making a difference but I'm glad I wasn't too far off with my recommendations!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @kvh22 You were spot on! 
  • Due date/W+D: May 16th 21+7 

Baby is the size of a(n): Bok Choy

Any appointments?: Not until 1/31

Rants/Raves?:  Not a lot. 

How are you feeling?: Just anxious and sore. I feel like I've done 100 squats every day (and I certainly have not). :smile:

Questions?: None right now. 

GTKY: What is your all time favorite movie? I have 2--What Dreams May Come and Dead Poets Society

• @cbd5314 I also think kick counts started from around 28 weeks, but my doctor never asked me to do them so tbh I never really did. 

@kvh22 Maui sounds amazing! So jealous!

Due date/W+D:  May 18, 21+5

Baby is the size of a(n):  length of a toothbrush

Any appointments?: Going in for my 20 wk appt today. I had to postpone because my son was sick and got pushed back about 2 weeks. They didn’t mention whether they do the anatomy scan or not, so I’m actually not sure what they will do.

Rants/Raves?: New Years vacation was not as relaxing as I’d hoped because everyone got sick.

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. Starting to get a bit of back pain so I think it might be about time to break out the supporter.

Questions?:

GTKY: What is your all time favorite movie? Gotta be Princess Bride, I think.

• Due date/W+D:  May 15 22+3

Baby is the size of a(n): coconut 

Any appointments?: not until the 29th and 30th

Rants/Raves?: started feeling some kicks movement which is reassuring. 

How are you feeling?: feeling okay- still get tired easily And hips hurt from sleeping at night. 

Questions?: n/a

GTKY: What is your all time favorite movie?  I love movies so hard to choose- I will go with the Usual Suspects because the ending was hard to figure out-  but my guilty pleasure is hallmark movies