April 2019 Moms
Options

Week 4 Check In w/o 1/8

Due date:
appointments/questions:
rant/rave:
how you’re feeling:
gtky: have you talked with SO about if you’ll have any more kids? How has this pregnancy changed that discussion?

Re: Week 4 Check In w/o 1/8

• Options
    Due date: 4/26
    appointments/questions: appointment on Wednesday and glucose test
    rant/rave: I’m itchy and have no self control. And I still hate winter
    how you’re feeling: decent but starting to feel heavy
    gtky: have you talked with SO about if you’ll have any more kids? How has this pregnancy changed that discussion?  This is our 2nd and at 40 I think we’re done. While we’d love to have had more I don’t think my body can do anymore. 
  • Options
    Due date: 4/26, 24+4
    appointments/questions:  Growth ultrasound on the 31st, 28 week on 2/7
    rant/rave: We get to pick our C-section date next month. Its pretty crazy. Although I will probably go a week earlier due to IUGR. They feared DD has IUGR, she did not she was just small (I am small) but this baby is following a similar growth curve. 
    how you’re feeling: Pretty normal but I do feel like the happy 2nd tri feeling is coming to a close. I have been getting extra tired lately but I still have so much to accomplish! 

gtky: have you talked with SO about if you’ll have any more kids? How has this pregnancy changed that discussion?
    I always wanted two, DH would have been happy with one. There has never been a question of any more. I don't want kids to outnumber the parents. 

Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    appointments/questions: 1/22
    rant/rave: I hate feeling a little bit sick but not being gross enough to call out from work and rest for the day.
    how you’re feeling: A little under the weather. Feeling the baby do big, heavy flops around keeps making me feel like I’ll puke on top of it.

gtky: have you talked with SO about if you’ll have any more kids? How has this pregnancy changed that discussion? This will be our first, and this pregnancy lets us know it’s possible. We dealt with loss and unexplained IF before this, so we weren’t sure if we would be able to have kids. While we would be overjoyed and grateful for just one, we would like to have two or three. Part of this pregnancy just doesn’t seem real yet, like it’s too good to be true, but it’s given us some hope and joy for something we’ve wanted for a long time.
  • Options
    Due date:
    4/25

appointments/questions:
    Just had an appointment with my new OB yesterday, I'll have another ultrasound next week, then my glucose test in a month. 

rant/rave:
    Rave: I'm super happy with my new OB, and she seems very supportive of me wanting to have an unmedicated birth, as long as baby A is positioned properly. I was worried that would be out of the question with a twin pregnancy. 
    Rant: I'm getting big enough where things are starting to get difficult/uncomfortable. Like putting on socks. Or picking something up off the floor. Or rolling over in bed.

how you’re feeling:
    Not bad, other than feeling huge, and having a hard time finding a comfortable sleeping position. And the things listed above.

I'm 37, this is my first pregnancy, and we're having twins. So I think we're gonna stop here. I don't want to risk having a second set of twins. As my husband says, "One and done!" 
  • Options
    Due date:
    4/22

appointments/questions:
    Appointment today at 1:30

rant/rave:
    DD has had an on and off fever since Thursday so she has an appointment today as well. I might be quitting my job earlier than I planned.

how you’re feeling:
    Emotional, I hate that my daughter is always sick. Also large.

We weren't sure we we're going to be able to have kids, but I always imagined having three. I'm 36 and DH is 39 and we have been married 11 years and trying that whole time. This will be baby number 2, DD is 19 months old... I've had a hard time with depression this go around so I can't say having a third is something I want to go through and put my family through.
  • Options

appointments/questions: glucose test on Jan 22.

rant/rave: it took me two hours to get to work with the snow storm yesterday (usually an hour and 10 or so).  So frustrating

how you’re feeling: pretty good.  Still get anxious when I have days where I don't feel many kicks...

gtky: have you talked with SO about if you’ll have any more kids? How has this pregnancy changed that discussion?  We still want to have at least one more (we think haha) after this.  I guess we'll see how the rest of the pregnancy goes! 
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Due Date: April 29

Appointments/Questions: Glucose test in a coupla weeks.

Rant/Rave:  I'm so happy to be in regular-kick land!  I'm so sad that I can't drink allll the whiskey!

How You’re Feeling:  Enormously grateful Tums were invented.  

GTKY: Have you talked with SO about if you’ll have any more kids? How has this pregnancy changed that discussion?  Nah.  This little girl is #2, and we know we want to have more, but don't really talk numbers anymore.  We started out wanting 4-6, but have had enough miscarriages that we'll just take what comes to us.  I think I'll be sad if we can't get 3, though, and maybe sad if we can't get 4. Not bad for people who don't really like babies & toddlers (we just LOVE the dynamics of larger families once the kids get older). 
    :D 
  • Options
    EDD 4/26 24+4

Appts: Friday morning regular ob appt. 

Rave: I’ve had enough energy to stay on top of housework and yoga. That’s all the expectation I’m putting on myself and it’s nice to feel on top of it. 
    Rant: my back is killing me. 

Feeling: not bad. I’m sleeping better than I thought I would be. Back pain as mentioned above. Reflux. 

GTKY: DH and I both came from families of four kids so we always said four. DD was a really tough infant and I struggled a lot, which has made me reconsider sometimes to having three kids total. The fact that this is a boy and we will definitely have at least one of each kind of helps, but part of me thinks heck, if we’re going to be outnumbered, what’s a fourth? Lol. My goal is to be done by 36, preferably 35, so we’ll see how it goes. (Am due with this one on my 31st birthday.)
  • Options
    Due date: April 21-22
    appointments/questions: next week. I get them every other week now. 
    rant/rave: my hips, pubic bone and back have nerve pain and it’s terrible. 
    how you’re feeling: achy and Braxton Hicks everytime i switch positions or have to pee. 

gtky: have you talked with SO about if you’ll have any more kids? 
    We want more kids. It’s hard for me to get pregnant but ideally I wanted 3-4 biomkids (this is #2) and then we would grow them a while and once they are bigger look into adopting a sibling set. All younger than our bio kids.  Anyway, hubs is a one thing at a time kind of person so we’ve discussed this but not often. 
  • Options
    appointments/questions: nothing until end of month. 
    rant/rave: I love finally feeling like I look pregnant and not just chubby :)
    how you’re feeling: large. Haha. Rolling over in bed is getting challenging. And my hips/butt are starting to ache. 
    We always said we wanted 3-4 kids. We’ve been married almost 10yrs and we’re trying from the moment we said I do. DS is 5, this is our fourth pregnancy and lots of IF treatments in between. I’m 33 and DH is 38. We’ve said if this is a girl we are done. If this is a boy, we may try one more time, but depends on how this one goes. Our son was a SUPER tough baby... 
    Anniversary TTC since Oct 2009
    PCOS
    BFP June 3,2012
    Partial Molar Pregnancy :(
    D&C July 12, 2012
    Forced 6 month break.
    BFP January 13, 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    4/25, Had 24 week appt. and glucose on Monday.  Nothing for another 4 weeks.

Feeling tired after going back to work last Wednesday.

Rant/rave: I dont like when my mom calls right now because everything centers around being pegnant. It's "how an I feeling, when is your next appointment, did u pick a name?"  And it's not "our due date"!  

Gtky: this is #2, so after this one we are done for many reasons. I don't want to be outnumbered. I'm 37. I've had 4 losses. Kids are expensive.  I feel bad missing things while working full time.
  • Options
    Due date:  4/27

appointments/questions:  had one this past Tuesday and have scheduled out almost all the rest til early April

rant/rave:  2019 is stressful so far.  Hoping February is easier.

how you’re feeling:  so much heartburn!  I live on Zantac and Tums.

gtky: have you talked with SO about if you’ll have any more kids? How has this pregnancy changed that discussion?  Baby #3 is it for us.  I already told my mid-wife I’d like my tubes tied while I’m still in the hospital but she said we have to wait until I’m at least 30 weeks to sign paperwork.  “Just in case you change your mind”. 😂.  Nope, not going to happen.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Due date: 4/28

appointments/questions: regular prenatal next week. 

rant/rave: I’m really soaking up all the one on one time I have with DS before our second arrives. 

how you’re feeling: good, no complaints 

gtky: have you talked with SO about if you’ll have any more kids? How has this pregnancy changed that discussion? We always said we wanted 4, my pregnancies are hard as I struggle with HG for at least the first half (it never completely left me with DS, but it vanished around the half way mark this time), and I was pretty depleted postpartum so I waited until DS was 2yo to try for another. I think that’s good for me to be able to recover and be strong enough to survive and have a growing baby survive.... I don’t think I can do it faster than that. I’m going to be 33 this year 32 when this one arrives. If I need the same kind of recovery time to get my health back I’ll be 36 for my 3rd if things went to plan. Doesn’t seem like there’s time for the 4th we may want.... I just say that we’ll take it one pregnancy at a time and have as many as I’m up to as soon as I’m feeling strong again postpartum. It’s also important to me to nurse for 2 years and my milk drys up my first Tri because of the HG... so it’s hard to go faster than the approx 3 year spacing we have since my health makes it impossible to nurse through my pregnancies... 
  • Options
    Reading everyone’s answers to this week’s GTKY has been really interesting: the variety of ways that people approach this question and also it’s interaction with pregnancy... especially as a first-timer, interesting to see how people who already have kids approach these ideas!

Due date: 4/24
    appointments/questions: check up was on Mon before I traveled, brief and uneventful (yay!)

rant/rave: currently on vacation this week — finding myself thinking “if my entire pregnancy was a vacation it would have been so much easier!”

how you’re feeling: physically tired, and achey, but mentally so much more sane when I can sleep almost as much as I want and just go for long walks during the day. Before I left I was crying randomly all day long and that seems to be so far away right now.

gtky: have you talked with SO about if you’ll have any more kids? How has this pregnancy changed that discussion? We never said any kind of numbers in our discussions but it didn’t seem likely that we would stop at just one. This pregnancy hasn’t been easy for me (but I think it’s probably been easier than average, realistically) so I’m not excited about doing it again. But my partner is adopted and really wants to adopt children, so even if we don’t have more bio kids, I’m pretty sure that we are just getting started. Then again, I’m not one for trying to predict the future...
  • Options
    Due Date: April 27, 24w6d

Appointments/Questions: Went in to see my OB today for a breast exam. My right breast and nipple has been much more tender and sore than the left, and pinkish in one concentrated area. For now we’re just going to watch it and see if anything changes. She told me to use lanolin for the nipple pain. Hoping it’s nothing more than raging hormones. I have a history of breast cancer in the family and had a (luckily) non-cancerous lump removed from my right breast when I was 21, so I’m a little nervous. Has anyone else had weird breast changes, beyond the typical pregnancy stuff?

Rant/Rave: My hips/lower back are starting to become quite achy. On the positive, I’m loving the regular kicks from baby. It’s such a comfort. And my husband has finally been able to feel her too!

How You’re Feeling: Achy, but doing everything I can to keep moving. It’s a weird combo of too loose ligaments and too tight muscles. I started physical therapy this week with a women’s health PT center. Got a nice long butt massage this afternoon! Ha!

GTKY: have you talked with SO about if you’ll have any more kids? How has this pregnancy changed that discussion? Ideally we’d like to have two children, but we’ll just wait to see how the rest of this pregnancy and delivery go. We both feel like it’s important to have a sibling, so if for some reason we’re unable to have a second child, we’ve considered adopting. But mostly we just want to get to the other side of this pregnancy before we truly consider any more kids! We’re both 36 (husband will be 37 when baby arrives, I’ll turn 37 shortly after), so time isn’t 100% on our side.
  • Options
    Due date: April 30. 24+4
    appointments/questions: just had an appointment on Thursday. Glucose test in 2 weeks. 
    rant/rave: loving that I can feel her kick and hubby can too now. Puts me much more at ease. 
    how you’re feeling: achey hips and lower back but otherwise okay. I started doing prenatal yoga videos from YouTube and they’re actually really helping the hip pain and helping me sleep at night. 
    gtky: have you talked with SO about if you’ll have any more kids? How has this pregnancy changed that discussion? We both agree we want more than one but haven’t set an actual number. I would love to have one of each gender but probably no more than 4.