July 2019 Moms

Randoms w/o 1/8

Re: Randoms w/o 1/8

• So exciting @indulgentgypsy I've got everything crossed for you!! Sounds perfect!! !
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™
  • Loading the player...
  • Thatโ€™s great, @indulgentgypsy!
  • nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited January 2019
    I've felt like poo yesterday and all day today. A different kind of poo from the normal pregnancy related stuff. Headache, tired (like super tired. Normally I can at least muster up the energy to feed and put the animals up and last night they had to wait for H to get home late for it to be done), and just blah. Now tonight my throat is sore and I'm starting to get a low grade fever. I'm really hoping its just a slight reaction from the flu shot yesterday and I'm not getting sick.
  • @nopegoat :( boo scratchy throat sickness.ย 

I'm pretty sure we are going to buy the house. I'm already checking Alaska's version of Craigslist for livestockย  :)
    edited January 2019
    I'm so stinking excited for you @indulgentgypsy. Also jealous! I've been itching for a few new fuzzy babies since our goats haven't popped yet. But we are on a buying freeze right now until we fix a few pens.

H just went to get me an icee for my throat. Not all heroes wear capes ladies!
  • @Happyin14 I was thinking we needed a bit more sass here. Haha. Iโ€™m totally cool jumping on that goal too! Iโ€™m kinda tired of the one off posts...ย 

@indulgentgypsy So exciting!!! When would you be able to move in?
  • @indulgentgypsy congrats!! We'll be looking for a new place soon too. Gotta make room! Rental market is so crazy in Chicago though.

@nopegoat sorry you're not feeling well, hope you get some rest this weekend!

@asupernovablizzardstorm Happy happy birthday!! ๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽ‰

Question, has anyone journaled during their pregnancy/ies? I've wanted to start, but didnt want to start too early in case something happened. I looked on Etsy and there are SO many options. Anyone have any recs or have one they like?
  • Happy Birthday, @asupernovablizzardstorm!ย ย 
  • @asupernovablizzardstorm happy birthday!!ย 

@meandlittleb I have a praying through pregnancy journal from Val Marie Paper company. Not sure if thatโ€™s something that would interest you, but I really like the way it is set up. It breaks it down by week and trimesters.ย 

Target also usually has some good good options for pregnancy journals, I used one with my first that I liked.ย 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @indulgentgypsy - Congrats! That is so exciting!

Happy Birthday @asupernovablizzardstorm
  • @asupernovablizzardstorm Happy Birthday!!!!

If we decide to buy, it is being owner financed, and honestly we could move in as soon as we wanted to. My only issue is I would have to change my boys school for the rest of the year, and they would be upset and disappointed about that. So we might wait until the end of the school year or try to figure out a way to drive the boys to school for the rest of this year. I would just hate to buy and STILL be paying rent and the shit hole of a trailer we are currently living in. Have to figure a few things out...
  • @motherofdogs Iโ€™ll start on 1/23. Iโ€™ll be 16 weeks then.ย 
  • @wineandcoffee truly a cause for celebration! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!
  • Listening to one of my SPED students help another classmate, based on the help I just gave her, makes my heart so happy!
  • @supernovablizzardstorm Happy Birthday! Welcome to the 30s. It is a fun time!ย 

@meandlittleb I got the "Oh Baby" Pregnancy Journal from Erin Condren. It is just like a weekly report on what you were craving and how you were feeling. And then about half the page is for writing whatever you like.ย 
    I only started writing in it this week because I was anxious and didn't want to jinx anything, either! But alas, the first tri is over, and everything is looking amazing, so I'm done worrying!ย 
    I went back and have filled in the whole thing, though. It starts pre-conception! So that was a lot of weeks! I've got two more to go to get all the way caught up.ย 

It is dumping snow right now. They are saying at least 3". Hubby had to go a few towns over for a big meeting and I'm not pleased. I do NOT like him out in icy road conditions.ย 
  • @indulgentgypsy CONGRATULATIONS! So happy for your home purchase. Certainly don't want to rain on your parade, but of you're going with seller financing, make sure you spend the money to get your own lawyer to look over all the paperwork. It'll be a few hundred dollars in an already tight time, but it could save you thousands down the road. I can't tell you how many cases I've had where seller financing goes wrong. It's a GREAT option when the parties are on the same page the whole way through, but I don't want you to get a few years down the road and find there is a fatal flaw in the paperwork.ย 

@asupernovablizzardstorm HAPPY BIRTHDAY! One's 30s are a great decade!!

• @indulgentgypsy so excited for you to getting the new place and buying it!! I can't wait to see what you make out of the place.

@nopegoat :( I hope you start to feel better soon. I had the same sort of side effects when I got mine last week and it let up within a day or two

@asupernovablizzardstorm HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYYY <3

@meandlittleb I'm far too lazy for any scrapbooking journaling shenanigans lol I haven't even organized my wedding photos and it's been a year.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @cindler we will definitely be getting our own attorney to look it over. I want to be trusting, but I want both parties protected too.
  • @hestia14 - I am loving Tidying Up! I did a giant purge about a year and a half ago when I read her book. The book actually changed my life completely. My husband and I ended up relocating from our "home" of ten years, because I realized that living in a big city away from family was stressing me out and the idea of moving closer to family in a smaller town sparked a lot of joy! We moved and have kept our new house pretty tidy since reading the book, but the show has been a good reminder to clear out the spots in our home that were starting to accumulate junk.

OK - Here is my very random rant. I work in marketing and communications, and I'm so tired of people who know NOTHING about my field telling me how to do my job. It feels like dealing with uneducated opinions has been the majority of my week. Examples include: "The local newspaper will publish our advertisement on the front page for free. No need for an advertising budget!" and "I know the organization's logo has been blue for 60 years, but can we change it to green before next Friday? Why? Well... because my favorite color is green."ย  and my personal favorite: "Set me up a QR code. I realize it is antiquated technology and no one even has a QR reader on their phone anymore, but I want one!!"

I need a drink.. and I can't have one :'( . I feel like people in general these days (thanks to the internet maybe?) believe that they are personal experts in every single area of life, and then they tune out the real experts because they once read an article on how to design a flyer with clipart or how to tile their floor or they diagnosed themselves on WebMD.ย  Anyone else feel like this at their job? (I'm curious what other professions deal with this?)
  • @strickland8052 I feel ya girl. EVERYONE thinks they can teach. They think teaching is easy. And for me a big big big downside to that is the rise of homeschooling. Because everyone thinks they can teach, and if they home school their kids then they will turn out perfect little angle students who will quietly do all their work and be able to participate in enriching activities that are "so much better than what the schools can offer" ...ย The problem I have with this is I work with so many students that are SPED students, but almost the only reason they have a "learning disability" is because they spent months or years "schooling" at home with a parent that did not know what they were doing or how to make the kids work. Early years are especially critical in education, and that's when I see the most homeschooling. It is HARD to teach kids to read - correctly. Teaching early reading involves language skills, comprehension skills, analytical skills, and so much more. It is not just letter and word recognition. It is not just phonics. It is all that and more. Don't even get me started on Math or Science or History.ย 

Sorry I can soapbox a long time on this.ย 
    edited January 2019
    I don't know how teachers do it. Not with the pay, hours, stress, basically no support from the parents, and such strict regulations from the government. You guys are absolute saints!!ย 
  • @nopegoat - believe me when I say ALL teachers love community members and parents like you who think we work hard and deserve more. And we literally all teach out of love (sad but true) and because of a "calling" to teach. I know that teaching is my service to the universe. Teaching is how I make change and make the world a better place, it is my form of tithing and public service. The only other thing (besides farming) I could actually see myself doing would be to run for government office. I would really love to be in Congress or the Senate, but that is not something I see happening for me.ย 
  • @strickland8052 - This has been plaguing me this week. I'm an expert in Service Design and I promise you that no one knows what the heck it is that I do. But I was doing some research and providing recommendations. And then the team I was doing the research for said, "Why don't we send out a survey?" And I'm just like, NO. What is the survey going to ask beyond do you like A or B and it is just going to be split down the middle like we already know it is!ย 
    Also, another person, "I don't like X survey question because it is too subjective." It's a SURVEY. Its sole purpose is to quantify subjective information! Which honestly makes all surveys garbage when not backed up by specific, measurable data.ย 

@indulgentgypsy I had a "friend" on facebook who kept posting about her amazing daughter and how she was "unschooling" her. And I just couldn't handle it anymore. I had to unfriend her. Teachers are so important to help children stretch their thought process and their world of understanding. So that they aren't always hearing just one side of thinking. I.e., I've had several math teachers, and each gave me different ways to think about problems and how to solve things and that gave me a better opportunity to figure out how my brain works and the method that works for me.ย 
  • I woke up with a fever, body aches, sore throat, and cough still so H took the day off today since he has to work all weekend. I left my bed for maybe 3hrs total. I can't remember the last time this happened. Thankfully Tylenol has kept my fever down. I really hope I feel better tomorrow. This blows.ย 
  • That sucks, @nopegoat. Being sick and pregnant blows.ย 
  • Oh no @nopegoat I hope you feel better soon!ย 

I got word this morning that the child I watch woke up at 5am with a blazing fever.. so here's to hoping that her coughing profusely without covering her mouth all over my house yesterday doesn't result in everyone else getting sick.ย 

An hour later I got an email from the school that Fifth disease is going around :|ย 

I am hopelessly drinking Echinacea/Elderberry tea today.ย 
  • mnkennedmnkenned member
    edited January 2019
    @strickland8052
    I'm in medicine, and so much yes to this. People come in having self-diagnosed and then proceed to tell me what treatment or workups they want. I'm like, first of all, this isn't Burger King. Secondly, I spend my entire 20s and literally hundreds of thousands of dollars to learn as much as I can about this sh*t so at least treat me with respect and pretend like your listening to me before you go to the Minute Clinic and get someone to prescribe you the antibiotic you don't need but think you do because you "know your body".

*sigh*
  • @mnkenned, I agree with you to an extent. I am one of those voracious googlers that reads about every ailment i possibly think I could have. I end up thinking I am dying half the time, but I usually don't divulge my crazy hypochondria to my providers for the reasons you state. There are exceptions though, like when I started with the fertility doctor and they told me I wasn't ovulating which I knew wasn't true. I pulled the "I know my body" card and demanded additional monitoring and ultrasounds, turned out I was ovulating, the issue was something else.ย  I think there's a balance where doctors/nurses need to consider the case a patient might make for a certain condition, while not allowing every newly minted dr. google to dictate their own treatment plan. I've definitely had doctors not listen to me, and they ended up wrong.ย ย 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21ย  <3
  • Aaaaand Iโ€™m sick. Been up half the night. This should be fun!ย 
  • To all of you sick or possibly fighting off something, sending healing vibes your way!!! Rest and drink tea, folks.

Preparing to head out and get last minute supplies within the hour. Snow incoming and it's supposed to be a lot, snowing for 24hrs. I usually don't mind but no one in this region knows how to deal with snow...
  • @nopegoat How are you feeling today? Iโ€™m so sorry you got so sick all of a sudden...ย 

@Happyin14 Feel better too mama!ย 

@foodislove Sray warm! We just got hit with a storm yesterday. We onlyย got a few inches at the house though.ย 

My body was super cool to me this morning: blew my nose, and BAM, bloody nose. They usually stop within about 5 mins, NOPE. This one went on for 20 mins. Scared the crap out of me. My OB put me on baby aspirin to help curve the pre-e tendencies I have, and Iโ€™m pretty sure thatโ€™s the culprit of it not stopping for so long. I was not about to go to the hospital. DHโ€™s insurance wonโ€™t kick in until 2/1 with his new job. He got temporary insurance for himself and DD for the
    month, but they wouldnโ€™t allow me to be on it because pregnancy is a โ€œpreexisting conditionโ€. Seriously?!ย 
  • @ameliabedelia-2 - I think it's super important to be informed (from reliable source) and knowledgeable about your own health. Especially more complex workups, like yours, that are typically stepwise and require feedback and re-evaluation from both the patient and physician side. The people I'm talking about are the 'I stubbed by toe and now I'm in the ER and I'm not leaving without an MRI and an ortho consult'.
  • @motherofdogs Iโ€™ll start on 1/23. Iโ€™ll be 16 weeks then.ย 
    Damn I was hoping youโ€™d be first ๐Ÿ˜‚ mines on the 22ndย 
  • @foodislove enjoy the snowstorm. Snow is a pain in the ass, but always so beautiful when it snows!
  • Hope you feel better @nopegoat and @Happyin14