March 2019 Moms
Options

Randoms 1/7-1/13

DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Re: Randoms 1/7-1/13

• Options
    @meggyme - so glad you had a good time in ca! 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @meggyme glad you had a nice vacation. 
    My random is that I've been up since 12:30 am. Finally got out of bed around 2:30 and since then been building an amazon private list of what I believe are "appropriate" toys. This will be used in hopes of encouraging grandparents to not overload us. I would also like to encourage experiences instead of objects as gifts. Anyone have luck with this?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Options
    @Kenneylynn3 we've had some luck. I foresee having more of a problem with twice as many gift giving holidays (2 kids worth of bdays and Christmas) but we got a zoo membership that we use all the time for DD1's bday last summer and she got swim lessons paid for the year before. I'm hoping that with us moving closer to family we'll be able to get by with more "take DD's out for the day" type gifts.
  • Options
    Apparently we’re supposed to be having a decrease in appetite, according to the Bump! The opposite is happening with me, I’m eating everything!!! Ahhhhhhhh
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @LoboandSuperNinja agree. I have had a lighter appetite all these weeks and now suddenly I want to eat everything, and it doesn't help that now i am getting heartburn immediately after. 

My random: still have our mini Christmas tree up, not seeing it coming down anytime soon. it's not in the way so i am pretty much ignoring it LOL. 
  • Options
    @meggyme so glad it was a good vaca!!
    @Kenneylynn3 we’ve had mixed luck - my dad pretty much always gives 1 small toy & puts $$ in a college fund, my in-laws do an ok job of respecting requests for DS on toys (except my MiL brings him a little toy literally every time she sees him), my mom is the worst and buys like 3 zillion little toys for every celebration... 🤷‍♀️ 
  • Options
    @Kenneylynn3 @lelkcot my side of the family is, generally, really good about putting money in college savings accounts (though my mom has assured me that will change when the girls are older and understand they're receiving gifts.  Hoping I can turn that into gifting experiences instead of things).

My MiL, on the other hand, sends at least 3 gifts a week, year-round. So you can imagine what the holidays are like.  We intercept nearly all of them, but it's a struggle.  
  • Options
    @dtspmama 3 gifts a WEEK?! OMG! That would be obnoxious!
  • Options
    @meggyme it is INSANE.  And it's all really cheap stuff that breaks within 2 seconds. Or it's loud and obnoxious. When they drove down for Christmas she bought them toys at every gas station they stopped at (which, on a trip from Nebraska to Florida is a LOT of stops), and one of the toys is a school bus that plays a PitBull song when you turn it on.  WHO COMES UP WITH THIS CRAP? 
  • Options
    @dtspmama 3 gifts a week is nuts! I get annoyed that my mom & MiL bring DS a gift every visit, and that’s way less often! 
    AFM I’m having to work with a co-worker on a project right now and delegate/handover some control.. we have very different styles and it’s not the smoothest partnership...
  • Options
    @zionsmama85 our tree is still up as well. We got it pretty late since we were away for a weekend, and paid a hefty price for it, so I just told DH we can enjoy it a while more. It's holding up really well so far.

My random, more like a confession: DS threw up first thing in the morning, but it was just water (which he drank 1h before) and he's feeling like his usual self, so off to daycare we go... I'm on the hot path for a big release at work and can't afford to take days off. I pray it was a single episode.
  • Options
    @mihaelams1 sorry your son threw up. No fun.

Everytime I click on this thread, I want skittles. The gif is slight torture.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Options
    @Kenneylynn3 thank you. No call from daycare so far, so I guess I was right and it was just nothing :smile: I'm very thankful that we've been spared from stomach issues from his side, and in general after the first 6 months of daycare adjustment in the first year he didn't fall sick at all! 
  • Options
    @dtspmama @lelkcot My MIL does the same, buys DD a gift every time. But she sees her like once a week because she live 5 minutes from us, so it’s overly annoying. Plus I will go out with DD and tell her she can’t have something and next thing I know she is bringing it home because my MIL bought it for her. This last time she said “well she (DD) told me you were taking a long time to think about it”. Yes because I wasn’t going to just buy it for her right there. Thanks! 
    My random: DD is being a terror recently. I think I’ve taken everything I can possibly take a away from her. I’m hoping her being back at school this week helps! 
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    @mihaelams1 I’m sorry your son got sick and glad he’s doing well! 

My DS got sick today but unfortunately it wasn’t just water or just one time. He continued to get sick even after coming home. He fell asleep by 5:30 and his temp was up to 101.2. I’m so irritated because he’s been home for 2 weeks and wasn’t sick once. I’m thinking he picked something up in the nursery at church yesterday. Thankfully my mom is able to watch him tomorrow and we won’t have to take off work. 
  • Options
    Count me in to the sick kid club. There must be something going around. My daughter cane home from daycare throwing up and looking terrible. Trying not to take any days off now, because every day I take is one less for leave, but what can I do? Poor kiddos. 
  • Options
    @ashley14598 so sorry your son is sick too. I'm glad you won't have to take off tomorrow. I know everyday counts towards your leave.

• Options
    @ashley14598 @maggiemadeit Sorry to hear about the sick kiddos. There’s a 24 hour stomach bug going around here, lots of people I know got it over the holidays - hopefully it’s just that (or something equally short) and your kids are better in no time!
    @meggyme Glad you had a great vacation in California. I was there too for 2 weeks. Wish I could move there :heart: I just love the sun and palm trees - makes me so happy! I’m a bit jealous that that’s where you’re from!
    @Kenneylynn3 I’d say the first year was a no-go for experiences for us. DD was just too young. However, now that she’s 2 the grandparents are starting to do gymnastics or dance classes and SIL’s gift to DD was to take her to a kids concert and for lunch so that was awesome! I’m definitely emphasizing experiences now that she can appreciate them (and now that grandparents are comfortable taking her out to do something all day on their own) as we don’t need any more toys or clutter. With a second daughter on the way I’m trying to find a way to get thru to grandparents that we honestly don’t need anything more. We are so fortunate to have all the clothes, toys and baby supplies we could ever need!
  • Options
    @novelblessings that's obnoxious!  DD1 keeps asking me where her presents are and I keep trying to explain that Christmas is over which means no presents for awhile. To which she responds "but Grammy says I should always have presents."   :s  She's created a monster!
  • Options
    So I no longer have any shirts that cover my enormous bump. I am measuring a full 4 weeks ahead, and there is no sign of giant baby slowing down any time soon. I sincerely don’t want to buy anything that I will only wear for the next 60 days, but I also can’t keep walking around with the bottom of my belly hanging out. I am too cheap for this late pregnancy mess! 
  • Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    edited January 2019
    @maggiemadeit I had to put on a bellaband today because my shirt was a trapeze style shirt and my tummy was cold. That or some long nursing camis might help. I was able to make a bunch with cheap Forever21 camis last time by cutting the straps and sewing them into loops to go with nursing bras. I'll try to find and add the tutorial.

ETA: https://www.mamasaywhat.com/diy-nursing-tanks/
  • Options
    @maggiemadeit I second belly bands being good top extenders. Also, Old Navy’s tanks (just those ribbed tanks they always have a zillon of) run long. I got several last pregnancy, just upsize one from pre-pregnancy, at the recommendation of my sister and they’re good base layers. Plus they actually held their shape well enough to be worn post pregnancy too!
  • Options
    @meggyme @lelkcot Thanks for the suggestions ladies! 
  • Options
    @lelkcot I wore some of my maternity tank tops from Old Navy while nursing too. They're easy to push the neckline aside. I second those @maggiemadeit.
  • Options
    @dtspmama I can sympathize with you, I'm so sorry! My almost 5 year had a meltdown in Target over the weekend due all this present giving.
    @lelkcot That is exactly what I did last time too. I forgot about that it's been so long!
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    So I no longer have any shirts that cover my enormous bump. I am measuring a full 4 weeks ahead, and there is no sign of giant baby slowing down any time soon. I sincerely don’t want to buy anything that I will only wear for the next 60 days, but I also can’t keep walking around with the bottom of my belly hanging out. I am too cheap for this late pregnancy mess! 
    Ugh, my pregnancy pet peeve is maternity shirts that only last through week 30-34 or so. My one really nice short-sleeve maternity top just hit that point last week. Why don't they make them longer?! I do a lot of thrift shopping, and so I see a lot of different brands, and it's shocking to me what is clearly labeled on the tag as a maternity brand (e.g. Xxxx yyyy Maternity) with material in the belly area so short it looks like a regular top. 
  • Options
    @lovesclimbing yes! I have a long torso to begin with and have already outgrown some of my shirts at almost 30 weeks.
  • Options
    That circumcision thread just turned into an anti-vax thread courtesy of an antivax nurse...
  • Options
    (facepalm)
    I don't even want to go over and read it. One more argument for going private as soon as possible.
  • Options
    Just caught that whole thread and just wow... 
  • Options
    I actually just broke down and bought about 6 tops from motherhood maternity. They were 40% off and I have a bunch of big meetings coming up, was sick of the same 2 shirts that were long enough and the rotating ones that were not. I didn’t want to spend the money either but I feel SO, so much better in these. I think a few of them will transition to back to work as well so at least there is that! 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Options
    kristimh80kristimh80 member
    edited January 2019
    @meggyme Wow! I hope no one does those drive-by posts here! lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Options
    My bellybutton has been popped pretty much all of this pregnancy, but recently it’s showing through everything... is it just me? It’s driving me nuts! 
  • Options
    @lelkcot I started with an outie belly button so there was no popping moment for me. Instead my belly button has just been getting stretched flat and wide. And yet somehow it does still seem to show through any shirt that is the least but tight or clingy 
  • Options
    @mayoduck mine started out odd to begin with because it never went back to normal post DS, so ya, no actual pop moment here either!
  • Options
    @lelkcot I've been having an outie since month 5 or so (STM drawbacks!), but thankfully there is not much of it to really poke out. But yeah, it's quite visible through some t-shirts (not the thick pullovers though).
  • Options
    STM here as well, and mine has been out since almost the beginning of this pregnancy. It was hurting last week so I asked about it at my last appointment, and it turns out I have an umbilical hernia! I hope that's not what you're dealing with @lelkcot but it's more of an inconvenience than a concern. 
  • Options
    LbloomLbloom member
    edited January 2019
    All of you who are finding trouble with some maternity clothes, that was so me through the second half of Oct to the beginning of Dec when DS made his dramatic appearance. Only a few extra long/stretchy tanks covered the giant bump and maybe a few maternity sweaters but I was mostly wearing DH's sweaters at home. Maternity pants with full panels only went halfway up, cut into my overstretched skin, so I wore DH sweatpants under the bump. The struggle to find clothes that fit was so real! Belly button poking out, shoes had to be slip ons. Yikes it sucked.