January 2019 Moms

Postpartum Check-In

For those of us mommas who have given birth, how are you?! The first couple weeks are always the hardest and there are amazing women in this group who can offer support! 

How are you mommas feeling?
How is baby doing? 
Hows the household(siblings/pets/etc) adjusting?

Re: Postpartum Check-In

• My LO will be a week old tomorrow and it definitely has been intense. I feel alright- had a second degree tear but that seems to be healing nicely. I'm mostly tired and my brain feels like it it constantly processing 1,000 things. 

LO is good now- his bilirubin was up and weight was down until yesterday but after 3 consecutive days at the pediatrician, he is good to go! We had to supplement his breastmilk with formula to get him right and that has led to him not accepting breastmilk directly from me for a meal, so that it kind of disheartening. But, between pumping and formula he's getting everything he needs. 
    Me: 23 DH: 24
    Married since 8/2017
    This is our first and we are so excited! 
  • haycole said:
    My LO will be a week old tomorrow and it definitely has been intense. I feel alright- had a second degree tear but that seems to be healing nicely. I'm mostly tired and my brain feels like it it constantly processing 1,000 things. 

LO is good now- his bilirubin was up and weight was down until yesterday but after 3 consecutive days at the pediatrician, he is good to go! We had to supplement his breastmilk with formula to get him right and that has led to him not accepting breastmilk directly from me for a meal, so that it kind of disheartening. But, between pumping and formula he's getting everything he needs. 
    I would suggest you look into paced feeding and keep trying to put him to breast. I would suggest an IBCLC and a breastfeeding support group. Let me know if you need help finding resources in your area. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @LaurenBee24 thank you, I will look into that!
    Me: 23 DH: 24
    Married since 8/2017
    This is our first and we are so excited! 
  • Hi ladies! It’s been so quiet on the board. I know a lot of is are very busy!

I’m 4 days PP and doing great other than the exhaustion. My milk came in Friday and yesterday so I was pretty uncomfortable with the engorgement, leaking, etc. but it seems to be sorting itself out now.

LO is doing amazing. I had to be induced a little early (37+4) so he has been sleepy (only during the day though :disappointed:) and we have had to keep him on a schedule where we wake him every 2-3 hours to eat. I’m looking forward to when he gets back to his birth weight so that I can stop waking him. Shouldn’t be long though the way he eats lol

My older two are smitten with him, especially my 4yo DS1. They’re both acting out in different ways and I am trying to remember to respond by being more patient and loving than I’ve ever been before.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    *~* DS Jan.'15 *~* DD Nov.'16 *~*