April 2019 Moms

Week 3 check-in w/o 12/31

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions? 

Rants/Raves? 

How are you feeling? 

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve?

Re: Week 3 check-in w/o 12/31

• I've been totally MIA for the last month, but I'm back and excited to catch up with everyone! 

Due date: 4/19

Next OB appointment is next Friday, just a quick check of the hb and basic check in. 

Rants/Raves? 

I've started receiving some gifts off my registry and received a huge bag of hand-me-downs, which has been sooo exciting!! It's making it feel so real!! 

How are you feeling? 

Pretty good! Super stressed with work, but I've scheduled my maternity leave to start right at 36 weeks!! 

Germs and a dirty house- I'm sure neither of those things will be an issue with a baby LOL. 

• Due date: 4/15

Any appointments? Questions? Appointment with my OB tomorrow and my MFM on Monday.

Rants/Raves? Rant: that my DH is dragging his feet on all his projects Rave: I got most of my projects done!

How are you feeling?  Really just super tired. My indigestion is mainly subsiding for now so I'm in a fairly happy place symptom wise. My legs fall asleep a lot but I can deal with that.

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve? Oh this is hard. A big one that bothers me is when slow walkers take up a whole walkway. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  •  Due date: 4/18

Any appointments? Questions? Growth scan with MFM tomorrow.

Rants/Raves? I can't believe I'm already 25 weeks/we're all almost to the third trimester! It's literally flying!

How are you feeling? Heartburn, heartburn, and more heartburn! Starting to get really tired by the end of the day again, I think the magic of second tri is starting to wear off. I know I'm the odd one out here but my libido is through the roof....I can't get enough :o Mood swings are much, much better too. I don't want to cry or rage out nearly as much as I did a few weeks ago.

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve? This is super hard! Probably when people drive ridiculously slow/badly, like tailgaiting or going 30 in a 45.

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• @sheknows6 same on the libido, except DH has been like, not super into it since I was taken off pelvic rest which is a bummer. It was the same way when I was pregnant with DS, except I was way less tired and didn't have the chance of toddler interruptions ha.
  • @mrdcle oh no!! I'm lucky in that DH has a similar drive to me but I'm definitely wanting it more than he does right now. Although he isn't complaining :D Is it weird to say I hope you get some soon? :D

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• Ha! No, I appreciate the thought @sheknows :D 
  • Due date: April 20th

We had an appointment with the midwife and an ultrasound to check the growth of the twins yesterday. All values were good, but twin 1 was about 10% smaller than twin 2, and they were overall smaller than the average single baby, but all still within normal values. Just hoping twin 1 will catch up over the next few weeks. 

Rants/Raves? 

Rave: I'm starting to feel like our home is pretty prepped and ready for babies (just did a load of laundry with only baby clothes today  <3 ) and it was exciting that the babies were kicking so much over the holidays that my sisters' kids were even able to feel them kick in the belly. 

Rant: one of the mothers in this twin group I'm in (who was supposed to deliver the same week as me and lives just in the town next to mine) gave birth to one of her twins over christmas, while the other one is still in her womb. I know this might be super rare, but it totally shook me, and made me feel a lot more worried about doing anything that could cause the babies to come early. 

How are you feeling? 

Good but heavier, and totally wobbling down the street like a penguin at this point. Also while at my parents there was a lot of snow, so DH had to help me lace my snow boots every time we went out. Where we live, I can just slip into my sneakers without help thankfully.

I hate when people put dirty dishes in the sink. In my opinion it just blocks the sink, and then you have to deal with a lot of sticky dirty stuff before you can fill it up and actually do the dishes. Also I collect vintage porcelain and feel like there's a higher risk they will get chipped if they sit in the sink with a bunch of other stuff. Maybe a little crazy lady over here lol.

• @MRDCle @sheknows6 so jealous on the libido! I feel like I can't even get horny these days...  :( 
  • @honey_suckle WHAT? I didn't even know they could do that (deliver one and not the other). Are the di-di? That's WILD. 

I hate when DH piles dirty dishes in the sink. Like, if it's one glass or plate fine, I'll rinse it and put it in the tub, but he'll pile 10 different things in there and he never pays attention to stack them properly to save space and it's just SO annoying. Some day I will get a dishwasher....someday...
  • Due date: 4/14

Any appointments? Questions? Had my 24 week appt last week after Christmas - shockingly gestational diabetes FREE after all the Xmas cookies!! 

Rants/Raves? Rant: Had my maternity leave discussion with my HR team yesterday and am pretty frustrated...still accepting the fact that I'm going to need to use a mish-mash of short term disability and ALL of my PTO days for the remainder of the year in order to make it to 10ish paid weeks off.  And then I'll have no PTO days left for the remainder of the year. I know this is probably better even then some here on these boards, but really - America needs to wake up!!  Rave(s): Hitting the viability milestone, actually looking pregnant now, and because I've been MIA for the past couple of weeks -- having the most amazing babymoon in Hawaii the week before Xmas! 

How are you feeling?  I've been pretty comfortable for 25+4....definitely getting more tired though, and took a nap yesterday afternoon for the first time since the first tri.  And LO was doing somersaults and acrobatics while I was trying to fall asleep last night, so much so that I was actually getting nauseous...is that normal??

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve? Easy based on my recent travel - people who put their overhead luggage in the first available compartment when boarding a flight, and then proceed to walk several rows back to their seat.  UMM HELLO!!  You place your baggage in the space above YOUR seat.  Boarding and de-boarding would be so much more efficient if everyone followed this piece of common sense -- I'd love to know why flight attendants don't do a better job enforcing this. 

• Due date: 4/18 25 weeks!

Any appointments? Questions? Appt yesterday with my new OB  

Rants/Raves? Apparently my new doc is suspecting possible IUGR. Given DDs size/gestational age they suspect she was as well, although I think I just make small babies. But it’s yet another thing to add to the growing list of concerns and issues. And also frustrating because that’s not a typical concern with GD. And I suspect I’m going to end up with an induction at 39 weeks, it’s pretty common with GD, especially when on insulin and my doc was surprised they didn’t do that last time. 

How are you feeling? Tired and sore. And huge. 

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve? Chewing with your mouth open or people who walk super slowly right in the middle of a walkway leaving you no way to get around them. 

this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • Due date: 4/17

Any appointments? Questions? I have an appointment with my Midwife tonight!! :smiley:

Rants/Raves? I fell flat on my back yesterday in my kitchen while holding my 21 month old.  It was like a cartoon. We had just spilled some food and cleaned it up but it made the hard wood super slippery and I didn't realize it. both my feet went up in the air.  Luckily my toddler didn't even hit the floor.  He was scared tho.       

How are you feeling? Other than a cold, pretty good!

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve?  This is hard.  I don't like when people eat super fast.  I like to talk and enjoy my meal. 

• @MRDCle it was a boy and a girl, so separate everything, but still! So scary. It wasn't even a possibility in my head until I heard about this. 
  • Due date: 4/16

Any appointments? Questions? Had an OB appointment on Wednesday and I have a growth scan this morning 

Rants/Raves? Was fun spending some time with DH’s family, but happy to be home and getting back into the swing of things. We got a dresser for the nursery and I’m excited to start organizing what we have for the baby. We’ve been watching “Tidying Up” on Netflix and I want to organize all the things now.

How are you feeling? Good!

I have sooo many, but I think chewing with your mouth open is my biggest. 

• Due date: 4/16

Any appointments? Questions? My next appt is with my new midwife on the 22nd... Had to switch providers because of our impending move. I hope I like her, because I don't want to have to switch again!

Rants/Raves? Had to tell my job I was leaving in Feb... While I'm excited to not have to work full time anymore, it's always hard to quit a job. Especially one you like!

How are you feeling? Good! Went to my first birthing class last night and that freaked me out pretty good. I'm so not prepared!!! But trying to remain calm because I do still have time. 

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeves? It's a toss up between loud eaters and people who make stupid noises for no reason (think 15year old boy making Chewbacca sounds at the dinner table) like, no. Keep your weird mouth noises to yourself 🙄
  • Due date: 4/21

Any appointments? Questions? Doula prenatal is next week, Midwife checkup and glucose test at the end of the month.

Rants/Raves? We’re not living in our house because we have guys refinishing the hardwood floors. Good news is we are one step closer to finishing the remodel! The clock is ticking!

How are you feeling? Pretty fantastic. I stopped taking my magnesium and my psychotic personality disappeared within a few days! No clue what was going on there, but back to my normal level of anxiety. 

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve? Oh this is easy. People who nitpick at other people’s lives and who are constantly judging. 

Me: 29 DW: 44