Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions? 

Rants/Raves? 

How are you feeling? 

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve?

Re: Week 2 check-in w/o 12/31

• Options
    Due date: 11-Apr-2019

Any appointments? Questions? Glucose challenge next Monday and another checkup on Tuesday. Also, going for a pre-natal massage today (nice Christmas gift from my mom!) Honestly, I'm most excited to just lay on my stomach for an hour... the masseuse could be terrible and I think I'd be so jazzed that I wouldn't even notice!

Rants/Raves? Honestly, the comments from people about my body are starting to get to me. Before, I'd just brush them off and laugh with my husband about how dumb people are, but now, its starting to wear on me. The constant feeling of being under a microscope from everything to how you look, what you eat, what you do... its a lot. 

How are you feeling? Umm... its finally starting to dawn on me that I'm not invincible I guess. I had this idea in my head that I'd work out right up until D-day, then get right back to it with only slight modifications... needless to say I'm coming face to face with some physical limitations... my sciatica is back, and this pubic bone pain is the worst!

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve? I have to say, I hate bumper stickers (or any vehicular sticker) and personalized license plates. They make me crazy. I feel like its this forced projection of how you want the world to see you. Like, who cares if the person in the truck behind you thinks you're a "real country girl," why would you spend money just to brand your car like that? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Due date: April 11th

Any appointments? Questions? 

Next appointment is not until 1/21

Rants/Raves? 

Rave—readjusted the settings on my bike in Soul Cycle class to accommodate my growing belly and it’s made spinning even more comfortable. 

How are you feeling? 

Good, except for the third trimester exhaustion hitting early.

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve?

Wearing souvineer t-shirts as real clothing. Like if you want to get a Las Vegas or Orlando t-shirt and sleep in it or do chores/workout in it, that doesn’t bother me. But for whatever reason it drives me crazy when people wear these as real clothing items. Like why? Is it a conversation starter? Bragging rights? And the amount of people who then wear these shirts to Disney World in particular is insane. Like they start packing and are like, “oh honey, we also went to Niagra Falls, can you grab that shirt so everyone at Disney knows?”  I know, I sound like such a B, but for some reason this drives me crazy lol.

• Options
    @catherineclaire78 I'm with you! It IS silly, like, "Hey, let's buy this tee-shirt that's been marked up 150% so that everyone knows we went somewhere cool." 
  • Options
    @batmama31, I don't know why, but it never occurred to me to wear my belly band while I sleep!  Have you been having sciatica/low back pain?  Mine is so terrible with being off work this week!

@kate_e_nb , I'm right there with you in terms of physical limitations.  With my first pregnancy, I worked out right until I delivered with minimal modifications.  This time around with bad sciatica and other pains, I've been lucky to just try to keep a baseline and get to the gym two days a week.  Hang in there and do whatever you can manage!  Any exercise is better than nothing.

@catherineclaire78, I agree about the souvenir shirts but mostly because I find it ridiculous to spend $30 bucks on a t-shirt, haha.

Due date: April 10th

Any appointments? Questions? Not until the 15th, and then I get to do the glucose test, rhogam shot, other bloodwork screening all in one appointment.  Yay?

Rants/Raves? I have two days off before going back to work, and I'm trying to get as much done around the house as I can since I neglected everything during the holidays.  Finally feeling the combination nesting urge and actually having enough energy to do something about it!

How are you feeling? Sciatica is bad this week, but I'm hoping getting back to a normal routine here will help.

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve?  Around the house, probably leaving cabinet doors open or clothes lying on the floor literally one foot away from the hamper.  Other than that, hmm... laziness.  If I walk into work and my other coworkers are just sitting on their butts and texting, it drives me nuts.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Due date: 4/10

Any appointments? Questions? Nothing until the 17th, and that’ll just be a basic appointment. Passed my glucose test a couple of weeks ago! 

Rants/Raves? I’m starting to worry the acid reflux is back, and it seriously made my life unbearable from around weeks 13-20. I’m calling today for a refill of zantac to have in my purse just in case  

How are you feeling? Could definitely be worse! I am finally over my awful cold, and just dealing with your average pregnancy digestive issues. I feel like there’s never a normal day while pregnant. Also, my cough and cold really wreaked havoc on my back. 

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve? People who walk too slowly down grocery aisles, hallways, sidewalks, etc. I’m all for a casual walk and enjoying the day, but when you are in a busy area and people have places to go, keep up the pace!!!! And on that same note, I also hate when people don’t move when you say “excuse me”. My new rule is to clearly but politely say “excuse me” twice, three times max. If that doesn’t work, I just make my way through!

• Options
    Due date: April 12

Any appointments? Questions? My monthly check up on the 14th. I'll have my glucose test then, too!

Rants/Raves? Bought a new SUV on Monday, which I'm pretty stoked about. My car, while being 11 years old, was still pretty reliable, but I needed more room for the baby and the dog!

How are you feeling? Actually pretty good, but as you all know, that can change from day to day :) 

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve? People that do not say "Good morning" or "Hi" or some type of acknowledgement. We have one guy in our lab that just starts into a convo with no greeting, and then we have our manager who just pretends she doesn't see anyone and doesn't say anything. It drives me up the f'n wall. I've actually talked to her about it, and she basically told me that she wasn't going to be fake by saying hi to us. I'm like, ok, so you're basically just a rude bitch then?

• Options
    Due date: April 13th

Any appointments? Questions? I have my glucose test and regular OB check up tomorrow AM. 

Rants/Raves? Rave: DH has been super supportive about helping me make a checklist for baby prep and starting to check this off to help ease my stress levels. 

Rants: I love my baby and appreciate that his little kicks a lot, but must he insist on throwing full on raves between 1AM and 2AM every night? 

How are you feeling? I feel like I say this every week lol, but I’m exhausted. I’m so glad this is a short work week for me (only had to work for 3 days). 

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve? It’s probably people who don’t follow social cues during my commute to and from work. People who text and walk then bump into me. People who stand to the left on the escalator (I live in the DC area - the right is for standing, the left is for walking). People who put bags on seats on the train. And so on. 

• Options
    Due date: 4/8

Any appointments? Questions? No appointments until 1/14. That puts me at 3rd trimester so I'm guessing it'll be every other week after that. I forget when it switches over.

Rants/Raves? I have to work a 3rd holiday week Saturday in a row this week. I've been told it's because I have off for maternity leave coming up so I'll miss taking weekends but honestly being on call and having to come in are completely different and it's only holiday weeks we have to come in. I'm annoyed, plus DD needs to come into the office with me, I always feel bad having to do that to her.

How are you feeling? The lower pelvic pain is really kicking in and the back pain is starting as well. I was miserable last night thinking about how I still have a 3rd of the way to go.

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve? Leaving trash laying around the house. My husband constantly complains about the house being a mess but then I'll wake up the next morning and he'll have random snack wrappers laying on the downstairs table....how hard is it to put it in the trash on the way up to bed?

• Options
    @angelob88 Haha your pet peeve cracks me up! I'm the SAME way. Although the main thing my DH does is put his dirty dishes in the sink. I know that's pretty common, but it drives me nuts. Like, the dishwasher is right there. It's not that much more work! He also leaves his empty glasses all around the house!
  • Options
    @kangstadt, yes! last weekend, i woke up w/ sciatic pain that had me limping around the house all morning! and low back pain, too 😞 i do feel like the belly support at night has helped. i acutally wear the blanqi maternity support tank. i bought 2 during their black friday sale. but if you are in pain, i would say the relief it provides is definitely worth the full price. i like that it’s a tank top and not a band you strap around your belly. those things just shift out of place all the time.