March 2019 Moms

GTKY New Years Eve Edition!

lelkcotlelkcot member
edited December 2018 in March 2019 Moms
Happy New Years Eve ladies! I thought this might be fun as we head into the new year!
Any big plans for tonight? 
What’s your craziest NYE story?

Re: GTKY New Years Eve Edition!

• I’m struggling with NYE this year. MH works until 8pm. I don’t think I will be able to wait long enough to eat with him after he gets home and I will be lucky if I can stay up until even 10pm. I was trying to think of fun way to celebrate here at home, but everything I can think of seems to involve food or drink I can’t have due to GD. It might be a pretty boring one here. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • We are headed to MH's Uncles annual NYE party. We will be the youngest there and I'm trying to figure out how I can be home early! lol FX there's lot of good food for entertainment as the oldies get toasty and a place to fall asleep if needed lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Loading the player...
  • We will be going over to a friend's house for games, food, drinking (except for me), and counting down to the new year. I don't really have any crazy NYE stories.. this is pretty much what we do every NYE and neither of us have really been heavy drinkers.
  • @ashley14598 cheese and salami trays, veggie trays with hummus, jalapeño poppers, and I’ve been putting a couple lemon and orange slices in my water.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Staying in tonight with the SO and the kiddo. SO is out right now getting me some crab legs to cook and hopefully can luck up on some sparkling grape juice. I have some sparking cider but i prefer the grape juice. We are gonna be lowkey, probably Netflix and lounging while DS plays his games and then pop a non-alcoholic bottle at midnight. I normally do a vision board but I didn't feel like the hassle this year. Just wanna relax and be grateful for my lil family. 

Crazy Story: when i was like 24 i hosted my own party at my and my mom's house and had a lot of friends over come over. When midnight hit, people outside started shooting (we were in the city) and actually shot a hole into the front window of the house. We were on the 2nd floor so it was pretty shocking. We all hit the back of the house and continued to party after it quieted back down. Part of the reason we try to stay in on NYE, or at least pick a place and stay there until the morning (St Louis)......
  • edited January 2019
    We always stay home for NYE. I end up falling asleep and DH wakes me up 10 minutes before the ball drop. We sip champagne and I go back to sleep. LoL. One year we grilled steak because it was unseasonably warm out.

The only memorable, not so much crazy, NYE that always comes to mind was 1999. My friends and I all got together for a party at another friend’s house. There was a blizzard outside and my friend’s house lost electricity so my dad had to come pick me up early. 

ETA: forgot about today’s plans. Nothing much different but I have sparkling grape juice. I also plan to make root beer floats. I figured DD would enjoy it, she might actually be up late this year....who knows. 
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • This year we’re staying in (we have ever since DS was born) and did some apps and toasted with Welche’s Rose with DS before we headed up to bedtime. Honestly, we’re not even planning to stay up for midnight 🤷‍♀️

Craziest would probably be ringing in 2009 - it was a big hotel party with some good friends, my older sister and her (now) husband. It was definitely the biggest event I’ve ever been to, and lots of fun. The crazy thing is DH was actually there too, I even met one of his friends he was there with, but we didn’t meet until 3 months later! 
  • We got sparkling apple-peach and apple-grape cider (the peach one was better) and had fondue with some salads for dinner, then played board games, first with DS then in two. The usual. DH just went to bed, I'll wait 2 more hours until midnight. 

The best New Year celebrations were of course with my family back in eastern europe, where it's THE dinner (as opposed to Christmas), and you have to prepare at least 12 different dishes. We also would watch comedy shows on TV and then after midnight have cake and ice-cream while watching fireworks from our 7th floor apartment. There was no restriction on buying and setting off fireworks, so it was bright and colorful!

And the funniest New Year was with my MIL and her SO, when we wanted to open a bottle of sweet wine for us girls, but it turned out to be Grappa. We still decided to drink it in 2...
  • Happy new year, everyone! DH and I built shelves for the basement last night. :blush: we normally don’t do anything for nye so no crazy stories from our house! 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • mamakate1616mamakate1616 member
    edited January 2019
    @bug_hunter we probably all feel lame compared to your former self, at least I know I do! The Hawaii one sounds truly amazing. 

We did a fake countdown on Netflix around 8pm with DD and those gummy bear mocktails that are all over the internet. She fell out of her bed and bumped her head so we all got in bed together and snuggled at like 1045. Happy new year to us! 

No crazy stories that I would consider positive, but 15 years ago I joined my now husband at his gigantic family party for our first New Years together. It was my first time drinking and got so drunk I asked his parents where the floor was, passed out and peed in his aunt’s bed. I’ll be 31 next weekend so y’all can do the math on how terrible that was lol. Several years later and we had another very memorable over-indulging NYE experience, that included the poisons of sour green apple something (we now call it “that green shit”) and goldschlager. I had to call out of work two additional days after New Year’s Day :hushed:
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Happy New Year ladies! We had a full Romanian crew over last night (in-laws, plus we invited two Romanian couples/friends that live nearby). My MiL made some staple New Year’s dishes (including sarmale), and we ate and hung out from 8PMish to around 2AM. We did the midnight champagne toast (I permitted myself a quarter glass, wild one here! 🤪), with lots of singing and noise making. We had to do it outside since one of the couple’s 3 year old was sleeping, and it seemed like we were the only ones in the entire town awake lol. This was immediately followed by eating some salmon MiL had just cooked up because apparently it’s good luck to eat fish first thing in the new year. Then we had some really good blueberry cheesecake made by one of our friends (who by the way is also due in March). I was so exhausted and the first to propose going to sleep. It was a big night for me, but a relatively quiet and tame evening by everyone else’s standards, lol. Even the (other) 3 year old was up until she left with her parents. @mihaelams1 You are not joking about the NYE partying 😅

• @navete awww you make me feel nostalgic!!!
  • Loving all of your NYE stories!

This year we went to a NYE party, which we left by 10 PM and were asleep by 11 PM. We both had to work Monday, so were pretty tired. It was nice to get out and socialize but once everyone started getting liquored up and rubbing my stomach it was time to head out. Haha.

Never been a huge NYE person so I don't really have any crazy stories. Just typically do drinks with friends or just us two. St. Patrick's Day, however...
  • Happy New Year, the year of new babies!

For the second year in a row, we had a few friends who also have babies over. It was really relaxed and low key, and it was fun to watch the tornado toddlers play together.