June 2019 Moms
Options

2nd Tri/ Anatomy Scan Results

Now that a lot of ladies are in their 2nd trimesters, we should be getting our 2nd tri testing done. So I thought I’d create this as a place people can post about their results. For most this would include Tri/Quad test results, Anatomy Scans or any additional genetic testing (i.e. Fragile X, Cystic Fibrosis, etc.) 

Re: 2nd Tri/ Anatomy Scan Results

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have mine Jan 29! I'll be 21 weeks! 
    We are excited to see our baby and feel movement!!
  • Options
    Had the quad screen drawn and results came back negative which is a huge relief. Anatomy scan is 1/16. 
  • Options
    great news @mkfolse22
    Good luck on the 16th
  • Options
    So happy to hear that everything went well, @BlondePeanut! I've been thinking about you hoping it had!
  • Options
    Thank you!! @wiseh

• Options
    @sparklingdiamond that’s great news!! I’m so happy for you!
  • Options
    Excellent @BlondePeanut
    So glad for you and your family :)

• Options
    Anatomy scan went well today. Everything looks good and baby is healthy! No heart defects so feeling very relieved.
  • Options
    Anatomy scan today showed my little bean has extremely long limbs and a very large head! Its legs are measuring almost 4 weeks ahead! My cervix has grown (it was only 2cm at 12 weeks) to >4cm but my placenta is now covering it so I'll need another scan at 32 weeks to check that it's moved. No matter what we did (emptied bladder, went for a walk, did some star jumps, ate some lollies and did some yoga) over 2 hours the ultrasound tech couldn't get any views of the face so I'm back again on the 8th of Feb, which is actually awesome because my partner is working away until that week and was devastated he couldn't come today!

Has anybody else had scans since the 17th? Hope they all went well!
  • Options
    Woohoooo @BlondePeanut! That's excellent news! Fingers crossed your AS on the 8th goes just as well
  • Options
    Thank you so much! @wiseh

• Options
    Had my AS on Friday. Despite freaking out because the tech said "Looks good" about every section she looked at EXCEPT the brain (I think she just wasn't thinking about what she was saying or how it would sound if she didn't say it) everything is fine!

I appreciate the small talk during the scan, but I really wish they would think about how nerve wracking it can be for the parents to hear positive comments in some portions of the scan but not all. I dunno, maybe that's just me and my extra-anxious personality, but it really made me worry. My husband of course was fine and didn't even catch on to the lack of comments about the brain. I'd just rather no comments than inconsistent comments that then make me question "Is there something she sees that she's not telling me!"

• Options
    I feel you there, @gta4334! I guess either way we'd be stressing out though! If they say nothing at all, say something for some parts and not others, or tell us flat out that something is wrong. Hopefully you didn't have to wait too long to be told that everything was OK
  • Options
    @wiseh i know, you're absolutely right! I think for me I went in thinking I've had nothing come back with risks or red flags so this will be a breeze and then it hit me, there could still be other things wrong. (And that's true for at any point in the pregnancy, btw). I guess being a naturally anxious person, I wear my anxiety like a protective cloak. When I let myself not be anxious it usually prompts an anxious episode later one where I think "I've let my guard down, this is when something terrible will  happen". 

Either way, it's one milestone done and just taking it day by day from here!

• Options
    Had my AS yesterday and both babies have all parts/organs. Happy that they are both growing at the same rate and everything looked good. I go back every month for growth checks and they missed a couple parts bc babies weren’t cooperating but all the main parts were there. Can’t believe a lot of us are over halfway there. The high risk doctor worried me some about pre e and said twins average delivery date is around 35 weeks which I hope they stay longer. 
  • Options
    Had AS on Tuesday at 20w2d. Pretty much everything is good. She has echogenic intracardiac folci. Mineral deposits in her heart. It can show up in 3-5% of all normal pregnancies. But is a soft marker dor downs. Doctor said not to worry because I had no other markers and the nipt came back less than 1/10000 for downs nothing on the nt scan. So chances are next to nil but there's still a chance. I have an appointment now with the MFM on Monday I'll be 21w1d so they can take a look. Ftm so I'm nervous but reading that this doesn't affect her heart or development is a relief. Going into it with an it is what is mentality. This little girl will be loved regardless and I only hope no matter what she has a happy and fulfilling life. She's also measuring about a week and a half ahead. Sonographer asked if our edd had changed at any point due to her size lol but she's an IVF baby so not much in the way of wiggle room!
  • Options
    @amelhe Hope everything goes well with the MFM tomorrow. So glad all is okay @BlondePeanut.

@wiseh My partner also works away and will miss the AS at the end of the week. I'm hoping they either give me pictures/video or let me take pictures/video during the scan so I can share the experience with him. 

• Options
    @amelhe just wanted to let you know I had the same finding a time my 16 week ultrasound.  I also had 1/10000 Nipt results but I had an abnormal finding at my NT Scan and am over 35 so those combined issues led me to an amnio which came back negative.  Just saying this to encourage you not to worry because the bright spot is really most likely nothing at all.  I’m sorry though I know the added stress can be so hard!
  • Options
    @cbowl10 thank you! I came back from the mfm today. They aren't considering it a soft marker for anything and won't be following it since my nt, nipt and everything else was good. I do have to go back in 2 week for a fetal echo because she's an IVF baby and they said they like doing them for all IVF-ers. But my little girl is in the 88 percentile and clocking in at 1lb 1oz. 😁
  • Options
    Anatomy scan today and things looked good. The tech was able to get all the pictures they needed. There was one point where baby had their arm in front of their face and while she was taking the picture, baby moved their arm back and forth in a perfect little wave, so cute 😊

• Options
    @amelhe, I had the same thing at my AS on Thursday, and my OB said the same thing—they’re not worrying about it or looking into it because my first trimester screening came back normal. It was still scary, but I’m just telling myself that if my OB isn’t worried about it, I’m not either. Glad your follow-up was good!