July 2019 Moms

Constipation ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

Would love some sure fire remedies ladies! Throw them in here please. ๐Ÿ˜ย 

Re: Constipation ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

• Accidentally posted this twice and canโ€™t figure out how to delete!ย 
  • Soluble and insoluble fiber, psyllium husks, prunes, probiotics , ย magnesium powder, fresh fruit. I make a daily smoothie with psyllium husks, hemp powder, almond milk, almond probiotic yogurt, prenatal probiotics, almond butter and banana. It really helps improve constipation and I have chronic functional constipation that Iโ€™ve been dealing with since before pregnancy.ย 
  • Loading the player...
  • I have terrible constipation. I take mirilax (only a half capful) and eat a lot of apples.ย  Prior to that, I was having to do an enema every other week because it would be 10 days or so between movements. After starting the mirilax I have been much more comfortable.ย 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21ย  <3
  • I havenโ€™t had to yet, but with my last two pregnancies i eventually had to take a stool softener along with my vitamin. I was put on extra iron supplements which made the constipation even worst, but the colace helpedย 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I take a stool softener a few times a week.ย 
  • Thereโ€™s a prescription prenatal you can get that includes a stool softener. I forget the name.... I have the opposite problem this pregnancy.ย 
  • I take a sachet of movicol (could be an Aussie thing) which is meant to rehydrate the stool every day, plus make sure Iโ€™m eating lots of fibrous veggies, drink 1/2 cup warm prune juice, drink 2L water. I find keeping on top of it is better than treating the issue later. I also have a coffee each morning before getting out of bed which I swear works!!! I donโ€™t like coffee, but Iโ€™m not stopping now haha!
  • +1 on Colace. I take one daily.ย 
    Me: 35ย  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake,ย 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.ย ย 
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Panย 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12ย  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17ย  ย MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18ย  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girlย  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19ย  <3ย  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19ย 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022ย 
  • Fiber gummies daily here.
  • I have severe constipation with this pregnancy. I did with my last pregnancy too.. I ended up with two thrombosed hemmoroids last time. My doctor prescribed me the prenatal that comes with a stool softener. I wasn't a big fan of the prenatal itself. I just take my regular stool softener every other day and it helps tremendously. My doctor said any stool softener is safe to use. She recommended miralaxย