July 2019 Moms
Options

Randoms - Week of Dec 26

Re: Randoms - Week of Dec 26

• Options
    I am at work and I literally can't deal with the crazies today.. it's like everyone has lost it and is either A) an Ahole or B)Lacking common sense or C) BOTH!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Anyone have any good date night ideas? We're in Chicago and unfortunately it's that time of year where it's perpetually cold and gray all the time with nothing to really do but drink! We haven't told any friends yet and I told DH I just can't do another night of faking it at a bar with friends. I already baked a batch of bagels and peanut butter balls today 🤷‍♀️
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @meandlittleb, we’re going to see Aquaman for date night tonight- our other go tos are comedy shows and arcades. :) 

I’m so glad Christmas is over but I’m still super overwhelmed by the amount of crap that just entered our house. It’s insane. I wish there was a burgular who specialized in robbing kid junk and my recycling pile. 

• Options
    @meandlittleb I feel your pain. I'm 20 miles from a small town (25k people) and the lack of anything to do is killing me. I have fought with DH more than once about being bored since I can't drink anymore and he's content to just do that. The only options I can think of are movies (not my favorite activity) and bowling (not DH's favorite). I'm still trying to find date night ideas to help with the boredom. I'll probably have to try and figure out some at home date night ideas.

We have been in a blizzard all day. Didnt go to work due to the weather. Courthouse even closed! Snow days are usually the best, but when you can't get day drunk, it's far less fun.  :(
  • Options
    I want a good snowstorm here. I grew up with so much snow and I miss it. Can’t believe I’m saying that but it’s almost January and we’ve had none. And I’m (basically) in NYC. 
  • Options
    So dreary today. I've basically sat in the same spot and napped all day.

@meandlittleb board games, puzzles, ice skating, shopping trip can't think of anything else
  • Options
    @meandlittleb my favorite date nights are escape rooms then dinner. Seriously so much fun. 

I can’t handle my house after Christmas. So many toys everywhere!! They don’t have a place to go so it’s just constantly cluttered 
  • Options
    @bartonolivia me too. I’m drowning in legos! 

Had a nice appointment today with one of my midwives and was able to hear the heartbeat on doppler. The little beeb was hiding out but everything sounded great. I feel relieved to finally hear it since the early ultrasound was so anticlimactic. 
  • Options
    My mom, sister, and my sister's boyfriend are here visiting for a few days. My mom has a few medical issues, including early onset dementia and diabetes. We turned our back for literally a minute and she ate a ton of stuff she shouldn't have and her sugars spiked to almost 600... Of course she denied eating anything she wasn't supposed to and we were freaking out because she was getting super sick, dizzy, and just out there. Thankfully my oldest kiddo spoke up and said he saw her eating stuff she wasn't supposed to and we were able to give her, her insulin to help.. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    +1 for hating the chaos that is the after Christmas mess. Hoping to get my house back in order this weekend. 
  • Options
    I’m so mad that I’ve been so busy at work. I have run myself down so much that between working 16 hour days and the holidays, I’ve made myself sick. 

Im so sorry I haven’t been around, ladies! I’m hoping the insanity is over and I can get back to Bumping. 
  • Options
    I went to pick up my lab test results from 2 weeks ago and the tech wouldn’t give them to me because I tested positive for toxoplasmosis...basically now they send it to a reference lab to find out an approximate date of when I got it and then go from there. In any case, the blood work was from when I was only 7 weeks pregnant so the chances I got it in those 7 weeks are pretty low...and transmission rates are super low at that time (although bad consequences if it is transmitted). 

Anyways, was just frustrated no one had called me earlier to tell me something was up and now I know I’ll stress until I hear back from the reference lab.

I even joked with my gynecologist last month about why they obsessively screen for toxoplasmosis in France and not the rest of the world and she said it was just to cause more stress to pregnant people :)
  • Options
    @frenchbaby18 Oh no! :( Were you having any symptoms or did they just screen you as standard practice? I have a cat who has issues with pooping on the floor, but DH has been cleaning it up. (I wore rubber gloves the day I had to cut poop out of her butt fur, then sanitized pretty much every surface we both touched.) I've been wondering if I should get screened too, because even though DH is on litter box/poop duty, I still sometimes sit on the floor or put my hands on the carpet. 
  • Options
    @hestia14 my OB sent home info sheets that says if your cat is an inside cat you don't have anything to worry about. We have 2 and the only time they go outside is when they dash past us and even then we get them back inside. For the most part dh has been cleaning the litter box but he forgets often and I end up doing it. I just make sure to wash my hands really well after. 
  • Options
    This week has been absolute hell. I'm so over being sick. Laryngitis means it is hard to do my job. I work from home, and not being able to call people to sort out issues has been incredibly hard. I also have an upper-respiratory virus. I'm exhausted, went to bed at 10 pm and slept until 9:30 am. And... I still have raging morning sickness. If I move, I want to puke. 
    In other news... we have a mouse. We are trying to get rid of it, but its a tricky little bastard...
  • Options
    @hestia14 in France it is standard practice. I have always had cats and was toxo negative with DD 3 years ago. Here they screen you as part of your first blood work then if you are negative you get tested every month.

I’m assuming I got it sometime between DD and getting pregnant, most likely from undercooked beef or unwashed veggies since I’m sure if my cat was toxo positive I would have already had it with DD :) I really hope I didn’t get it in the first 7 weeks because I was definitely paying close attention!!

The incidence is higher in France than in other countries which is why they screen systematically. I work in the medical field so of course I obsessively looked up the guidelines for what to do next instead of being a good person and waiting for the final results and talking to my doctor...at least it reassured me about the low transmission rates this early on (even if the impact can be super scary!!!)
  • Options

Its so flippen cold here today I cant even deal with anything. -30C and I forced myself to come to work (via public transit!) and im dreading going outside to go home ... Plus my toddler is getting cabin fever. We havnt played outside in two weeks. Its just too dang cold, not fun.

• Options
    We flew to Rochester, NY yesterday for a family wedding this weekend. Two kids on a plane is exhausting! Overall it went pretty well though! It’s been fun seeing DHs family, and the kids are having a blast, but I’m already looking forward to being home on Sunday. I hated leaving so soon after Christmas and never got to clean the house from the post Christmas madness. Looking forward to the rehearsal tonight and wedding tomorrow. Family get together are so interesting when you’re sober lol
  • Options
    @canuckmomma I don’t know how you Canadians live. That’s TOO cold. If I catch a chill, I start gagging right away. #thankspregnancy. 
  • Options
    @nolemomma14 all my and DH's family is in Rochester NY.
  • Options
    I noticed that my belly hurts when I sneeze. Is that normal? It's like a weird stabbing pain in the lower belly. 
  • Options
    @potterbaby27, yep, totally normal. That's round ligament pain. Sometimes you will get it if you stand up quickly too. 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • Options
    @indulgentgypsy my FILs entire family is from upstate NY. Only the first time I’ve been in Rochester, but last year we did visit the Elmira and Horseheads area. I would love to visit again, when it isn’t freezing haha 
  • Options
    Lillebaby is having a Bogo free on open boxes with free shipping
  • Options
     :s Someone made a thread with a pea stick covered in actual pee on the 1st tri board   :s
  • Options
    Happyin14Happyin14 member
    edited December 2018
    @nolemomma14, I just left Rochester, NY! I grew up there and my fam is still there. 

ETA that Elmira/Horseheads is not always the nicest area to visit......... 
  • Options
    My mom was bugging me about names today so I told her we already picked one. Then she insisted I tell her so that they can refer to baby by her name. So I did. To which she responded by telling me about how she changed the name she had chosen for my brother because my grandma didn't like it. And then finished the conversation with "We'll I don't really care anyways. You're the one who has to like the name". Thanks mom.
  • Options
    It has been so warm here that DD has been refusing to wear a jacket when we go outside (I'm in Canada). I'm just waiting on some sort of crazy snow storm now to make up for the warm weather.
  • Options
    H got a really nice handmade leather wallet with our last name and special engravings on it a few months ago as a gift. He fucking lost it and it makes me want to puke. We've already called and canceled everything but we really just want the actual wallet back. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    Oh no @nopegoat ! Does he know where he might have lost it? Is there a chance someone might still return it?
  • Options
    @nopegoat that is so heartbreaking! It’s always the sentimental items that hurt the most. I hope so badly that it’s found or returned. ❤️
  • Options
    @Panaceia the last place he remembers having it was at the feed store. He called and went up to search the parking lot just in case it fell out of his back pocket. Nothing. I'm really hoping its here at the house but we've torn everything apart and once again nothing.

Thank you @literatureandink. We are literally sick over it. 

, 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @indulgentgypsy super cute! I have never dyed my hair or even done highlights or anything. One day I'll do something fun with it. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙