June 2019 Moms

Unpopular Opinions - 12/27

Re: Unpopular Opinions - 12/27

• Loading the player...
  • @coco2787 I think bras of all shapes and sizes are uncomfortable, and have been 100% braless for the last 5 years (barring the couple of weeks I had to wear these soft sleeping nursing bras to contain leaks post birth with DS) 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @coco2787 omg i hate being braless. DH doesnt get it lol. I guess he thinks its more uncomfortable to be in a bra.

I will sleep braless but if i am just at home. I am gonna be in at least a sports bra. We have a friend who comes over and is braless by the time she has her stuff in our spare room lol
  • Braless over here and I have big boobs for my size. I’ve started wearing them more since being pregnant since I’m afraid not getting enough support will hurt how they look post pregnancy. No clue if that’s true or not but I love my boobs and will do anything to help 🤣
  • My UO is that all beef hotdogs are stupid and gross. If I want all beef I will eat a steak or hamburger lol. Unless you are eating them for religious reasons I dont get it. Needless to say I avoid Costco hot dogs but love their poutine ha ha.
  • @cricket1688 i havent heard of that before but now that you said it i prob will see it.

Another UO is proposals on holidays. My cousin proposed to his gf on christmas day (in private at their house at the end of night) and although I am happy for them as a couple it makes my skin crawl that it was done on Christmas day. 
  • I have to wear a bra. I feel vulnerable without one. I’ve always had larger breasts and now that I’m pregnant they are already enormous. I feel exposed and just uncomfortable. Plus, I think they look nice in a bra and I enjoy buying fun colored bras. It’s like an accessory for me. 

@canuckbaby I guess I’d rather know my hot dog is all beef rather than not know what’s in it. Actually, that’s probably my position. I just want to know what’s in my hot dog. Period. 
  • @chrssyms well yes i don't want mystery meat and lets be real even if its all one type of meat its not the best parts anyways lol. I prefer a heinz 57 of chicken beef pork or all pork. 

Also vulnerable is a good way to put it by being braless. I am lopsided and feel in a bra i can hide that fact better
  • Add me to the bra wearing lovers. I rarely go braless. I have pretty comfy bras, so sleeping in them has never been an issue. I just feel so unsupported without one!
  • I’m also a big bra wearer. Ever since I was a preteen, chafing has always bothered me with not wearing a bra, so I wear one all the time, including to bed.
  • This is so interesting! I hate bras and never wear one at home lol. I didn’t know so many women liked wearing them. 
  • catmommaccatmommac member
    edited December 2018
    Add me to the bra love club. But it’s totally because I’m large chested and cannot function without the girls tied up. 😂 They just get in the way and are sensitive so I hate anything brushing up against them. I’d love to get a reduction, but I’m nervous about it. I might have to eventually for back problems though.

edit: autocorrect 
  • @ncm1919 I’m also getting a reduction after this child and I’m soooo excited about it! I’m not huge, a D or DD, but I’m so sick of not finding tops/bathing suits that fit and the back pain. I will not miss any of it.
  • Two words... Boob sweat 💦 
    I’ll be getting a reduction and a tummy tuck in the years ahead. I can’t do 40H breasts anymore!
  • nmbrcrnchr1nmbrcrnchr1 member
    edited December 2018
    @coco2787 maybe July’s personalities will fit her better and she’ll find a home there
    ETA I don’t mean that as a slam on you or any of the July ladies, she just clearly does not like us 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • DcwtadaDcwtada member
    edited December 2018
    Poor July...

Add me to the no bra club, I wear one like once a month if that. But I have nothing going on (besides when I first start breastfeeding, then move over Jenna Jameson). I used to wear one every day when I was a gainfully employed member of society, all I can say now is f*ck business casual ;) 
  • Ooh ooh! I have a good one! I kiss my DD on the lips. It seems to be a hot button issue with celebrities lately. It’s not sexual, it’s love between a parent and child. 
  • @ncm1919 i was always unhappy with my "full As" until my first pregnancy and breastfeeding, when my breasts grew at least 2-3 cup sizes. Having had both, I guarantee smaller is easier and more comfortable. Now that I'm pregnant again, I'm a C, but I really hope they bounce back to nice As/small Bs. Good luck with the reduction /lift!
  • I think it is really hard in the beginning to not get lost in having a baby. It took me awhile after DS to find myself again through the new fog of sleeplessness, hormones, and anxiety but I will 100% say that being a mom does not have to define you (if you dont want it to). For me a big part of that was communicating with my spouse on what I needed to feel like me again. 
  • @nmbrcrnchr1 no worries, I have no
    loyalty to July lol. 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • 100% bra-wearer here. Honestly I don't even really care for being braless at night, just read somewhere once it was better to let the girls have a breather...no idea if that's accurate or not, but it didn't hurt anything to let them out while I sleep. But during the day? Hell no. I haven't been to the office in a week, just working from my couch in my sweats, and best believe I still have a bra on the whole time.

RE: kissing kids on the lips... Had a friend who did that with her son, until one day when he was about 4, he tried to slip her some tongue. She jumped pretty hard when he did that and asked what on earth he was doing, and he started crying and said "That's what Daddy does!" Soooo she had to explain the difference between Daddy kisses and Son kisses, and from that point on it was cheek-only. We had a lot of fun teasing her (and her husband) for that one, though.
  • I don't like wearing a bra but don't feel I can go without one at work.  But it comes off the second I get home.  If I work from home I won't always put one on.
  • I honestly don’t think “she” cares. I think it’s a bored woman or man who has nothing else to do and wants to stir the pot.