May 2019 Moms

Christmas Week Randoms! 🎄

Re: Christmas Week Randoms! 🎄

• Loading the player...
  • @mrskoz428 that bear is a cute idea. We are heading to Visit my sisters in Canada this weekend (after hopefully finding out on Friday) and I am debating whether I want to do something special or just be our usual very low key selves and just tell everyone when we see them. 

I am annoyed we might not get to see my brother, after totally reworking our plans for a day that they were free, because sil doesn’t want to drive an hour to my sisters house. We are now only going for 1 full day instead of 2 full days, becDid I mention that we are driving 10 hours round trip with 2 kids. But I can see how their 1 hour drive would be overwhelming.
  • Christmas was great this year! So nice to relax at home now though
  • @eatinwatermelonseeds take some time to take care of you once a day. I've been having a rough time remembering to do a simple task like remembering to save BOTH of my legs in the shower 😂 if you get overwhelmed, just breathe through it and know that it's not the end of the world.

Stock the fridge with some snacks so you can eat little portions and maybe that'll trigger your appetite again. I think that helped mine a bit.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @eatinwatermelonseeds I had the eating issue while pregnant with DD and I would buy a ton of Ensure and drink it instead of meals b/c I was too lazy/depressed to make myself food. At least, I felt like I was getting the nutrients I needed. Can you set an alarm on your phone that goes off daily to remind you to take your PNV? 
  • kbeers13 said:
    @eatinwatermelonseeds take some time to take care of you once a day. I've been having a rough time remembering to do a simple task like remembering to save BOTH of my legs in the shower 😂 if you get overwhelmed, just breathe through it and know that it's not the end of the world.

Stock the fridge with some snacks so you can eat little portions and maybe that'll trigger your appetite again. I think that helped mine a bit.

SITB
    This is hilarious! Im just imagining you walking around with one hairy leg. 🤣🤣

• I totally brought my lunch today, AND it actually sounds good, and I still want to get DoorDash. I may have a problem. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • I know this won't work for everyone particularly because of nausea, but I keep my PNVs by my toothbrush so they are in my face every morning and night. Haven't forgotten once since doing that! My baby aspirin is there too.

• @DuchessOfCambridge I have mine on my bedside table and I take them before bed. They're right by where I plug my phone in to charge. I find taking them before bed also helps to eliminate nausea for me, but I also take the gummies so it's a little different than swallowing pills and immediately laying down (which I know can cause problems for some ppl).

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Thank you guys. I have my pnv by the sink, but I brush my teeth in the shower lol. It might be weird to put them in the shower. 

I am going to try to snack little bits throughout the day. And set an alarm for prenatals. I need to do something because I'm feeling it. 
  • I use an app on my phone called way of life to track daily goals and I use it to track that I take my vitamins, drink my water and do 30 min of walking. Seeing it helps me remember and I seem to forget everything Except wasting time on my phone 
  • I seem to have the opposite problem where I think I have NOT taken my medication and am about to take another dose.  Most of the time I catch myself but unfortunately the other day,  I did actually end up taking a double dose of Prevacid. And this is the only incidence that Im aware of. It's very possible I've done this before but just didn't realize.  My task for this weekend is to get myself a morning/night 7 day reminder pill box.  

• Well, I got bit by a productive bug. I am currently painting the nursery....alone...with two dogs. 😂
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @mrskoz428 think you could mail me that bug? 😂
  • @mrskoz428- Can you come paint our nursery when you are done? We need to go out and buy paint this weekend. 
  • @chloe97 yes! 😂 We got a $100 Menards gift card from DHs grandparents so I used that to buy paint plus a bunch of stuff for the nursery after we found out it was a girl! I think I’m just so excited to finally know that the nesting has become real!

@eatinwatermelonseeds it will bite sooner or later! My nesting instincts have kicked into high gear since I have energy and we finally know that we’re having a girl! 💗💗💗
  • @mrskoz428 the only thing I'm super motivated about is learning about how to give birth naturally. But the kid doesn't have a nursery or a ton of crap we need for him yet. BUT at least I'm learning about birthing him 😂🤷
  • @eatinwatermelonseeds all of our birthing, nursing, labor classes cost a bunch of money, are in a city 45 minutes away, and go until 9:00 pm at night. I will need to take a water birthing class if I’m given the okay to do a water birth but otherwise, I think I’m skipping the classes. I don’t have the time or money to do it.
  • @mrskoz428 that was my mindset the first time. This time I'm going to be reading everything I can and watching YouTube like a crazy person, but I don't think I'll take the classes either. I just want to be more prepared than I was last time. 
  • @poshspice congratulations on the new car! I love that feeling.

@mrskoz428 My nesting has kicked into full gear this week after Christmas was over. All I want to to do is get the house ready for baby. Going to start by consolidating my closet this weekend so DH can move his stuff into the 2nd closet and out of the guest room. Then we will take the stuff out of the guest room- paint it for DDs room and then buy her “big girl furniture” so she can move in a few months before the baby comes. After we can move her closet/ clothes into her new room, then I can start getting things ready for baby boy. I’d like to paint his room too, but it has wood paneling, so we’d like to have that removed before we paint. It may be a nightmare to do.All I know is I don’t want to be organizing this LOs closet after he’s born like I did with DD. It was a nightmare.
  • @poshspice Congrats on the new van. You are going to love having one!
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Hi can someone please pick out all new flooring  for my new house bc I am sick to death of thinking about it kthanx

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • @sleepy33 if you want super durable we loved the luxury vinyl plank we put in at our old house- coretec plus is what we used. It’s what we will put in here once the wood floors are looking worn. Between big dogs and kids I didn’t want to be constantly worrying about the floors. 
  • @aels12 interesting! Never heard of it. We are planning to do hardwood on the main level, tile in the downstairs den and new carpet upstairs. I've only ever done solid hardwoods, I'm not familiar with vinyl...

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • @eatinwatermelonseeds I always fill my water bottle before going to bed (to bring water up to bed) so always take my pnv then. I have them right by the fridge so I don't forget, and fill them for the next night right after I take them so they're all ready.
  • @mrskoz428 @eatinwatermelonseeds maybe check to see if your insurance covers the birthing education classes  We have BCBS and they have a program called Better Beginnings and they reimburse you up to $150 for prenatal education classes  and $125 for either fitness/yoga classes, car seat, or house cleaning after the baby is born. II don't know if that is typical or  not, but it may be worth checking in on it.
  • @lovelybabybumpz your blanket looks wonderful! It came out so great! We have a crafting thread going, so post it there or ask any questions you may have, etc. Awesome job! 
  • @mrskoz428 and @eatinwatermelonseeds If you have flexible spending accounts for health care- you can get reimbursed, otherwise- save the receipts b/c you can write off on your taxes.
  • @knarlytaurus that’s a great idea. BCBS is my secondary insurance throughmy parents (yayyy for being under 26). 
  • @knarlytaurus yeah, no. Tricare doesn't do anything fancy like that lol. 
  • @knarlytaurus "cleaning the house"?!! That is freaking awesome!

• @lovelybabybumpz I like that really dark purple minky.