1st Trimester
Options

Thought I was 9wks but measured 6wks

1st doc appt. we thought I was 9 weeks off of my last period but I’m looking more like 6 weeks. Did this happen to anyone else? We did a blood draw and another ultrasound later this week.

Re: Thought I was 9wks but measured 6wks

• Options
    1st doc appt. we thought I was 9 weeks off of my last period but I’m looking more like 6 weeks. Did this happen to anyone else? We did a blood draw and another ultrasound later this week.
    Ultrasounds are most accurate for dating in early pregnancy,  unless you know 100% when you ovulated you could be off - though three weeks seems a lot.  

Unfortunately the only thing you can do is wait for blood draw/ultrasound.

Wishing the best for you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With my daughter, I thought I should have been 8 weeks, but was measuring 5 and a half weeks with my first ultrasound.  How long are your normal cycles?  You could have ovulated later in the cycle than the “normal” 2 weeks. 
  • Options
    When I went in for my first US, I was 9 weeks based on LMP but measured a little less than 7 weeks. My cycles are typically longer (anywhere from 30-38 days) so it was to be expected.
  • Options
    With my first i went in thinking i was almost 11 weeks, but was only just over 8 by US. This time i measured almost a week ahead. My cycles can very from 28 to 40 days. Most woman don't have absolutely on the dot regular cycles unless on BC so some variation in the dating is normal unless you were charting or being monitored.
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers