July 2019 Moms

Group 3 Check-In (EDD July 17-24) - Week of 12/24

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your absolute favorite home-cooked meal? 

Re: Group 3 Check-In (EDD July 17-24) - Week of 12/24

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 19, 10w+3d

Baby is the size of a(n): Brussels Sprout! 

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday monthly prenatal visit, hoping that we can try to hear the heartbeat on the doppler

How are you feeling?: I've been feeling ok but still the occasional waves of nausea. I've found that forcing myself to eat healthy has had me feeling a lot better, so I've been trying to stay fairly consistent on smoothies and salads. 

Rants/Raves: I am soooooo ready to stop the progesterone. The wet mess is just too much. I've already been skipping every other day. My midwife alluded to me being able to get away with that after 10 weeks but that they would officially start that at 11 weeks. My levels were so high earlier in the month that I'm not super concerned since the placenta is supposed to take over progesterone between 8-10w. In other news, I cut off maybe 10" of hair this weekend and I feel so much better! My hair falls out endlessly during pregnancy and now it looks so healthy and cute. 

Questions: For those with kids, what do you do for New Years Eve? I'd like to start doing something fun for our family but I haven't really figured out what, yet. 

GTKY: What is your absolute favorite home-cooked meal? From childhood, I think it was a toss-up between my dad's beef stew and my mom's chicken and dumplings. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 21 (hoping to schedule my C on my birthday - July 15)

Baby is the size of a(n): Strawberry

Upcoming Appointments: 'big' 12 weeks appt on the 7th

How are you feeling?: I still nap every day when my kids do, but overall I feel great!

Rants/Raves: I need to do a shout-out to my MIL (which is VERY unusual for me). She sent over a list of things she was considering for the kids for Christmas and ONLY bought from the ones I 'approved!' HALLELUJAH! Historically everything from them has made 107 sounds and had seizure-inducing lights and eventually got sold at consignment. 

GTKY: What is your absolute favorite home-cooked meal? Did I make it myself? Maybe a pot roast + potatoes. Did my mom make it? Pork tenderloin!
  • Loading the player...
  • @nerdtoyourmother  My husbands birthday is July 15! He's hoping for a bday buddy. 
    @mamanbebe For NYE we've had friends with their kids over last year, we celebrated at 8pm lol and everyone was gone by 930. This year my husband works so I think we're just laying low at home. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    July 20 / 10W 3D

Strawberry 

Upcoming Appointments:
    I just had my first on Dec 21! Went well, i posted an update in the appointments thread. After what seemed like forever we found a beautiful HB and best present of all I got to see the little one on the tiny handheld U/S. Just made my whole christmas. Next DR appointment is at 14 weeks Jan 18th but we are going on our 12 weeks to a private baby ultrasound sneak peek! Just confirm everything is good before making news public and get some U/S pics  <3

How are you feeling?:
    Better! Less nausea and fatigue the past couple days. Yay! Peeing lots tho. 

Rants/Raves: 
    Family (mostly extended) who have NO filter!

Questions: 
    What did you all get for Christmas this year?! 

My grandma's dutch soup and buns on a cold day. Reminds me of coming inside after tobogganing (not sure if thats a Canadian term or not- aka sledding) and defrosting with a good hardy bowl of soup with my cousins. 
  • @canuckmomma I like that idea of an early NYE :) Esp since I can't stay up past 10 most days. My Christmas was good! I did not get much but I did get a nice new sewing machine that I'm excited to try out. 
    Mid July/ 10+5

Fat Strawberry 🍓 

Upcoming Appointments:
    Jan 14

How are you feeling?:
    Pretty good, spotted yesterday & kinda freaked out but doing ok. 

Rants/Raves: 
    Told my in-laws this week and now have gotten an earful of advice... oh well I expected it. On the other hand yesterday my DH was totally sweet when I panicked 🥰. 

Questions: 
    FTM here, Anyone else have light spotting and pass a clot? Still have a healthy pregancy?

Lasagna 🤤
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 10W6D - July 18

Baby is the size of a(n): baby sea turtle shell! (?)

Upcoming Appointments: January 8 (coming up fast!)

How are you feeling?: Not bad. I had enough of an appetite to enjoy Christmas dinner and brunch, but I was tuckered out really quick. 

Rants/Raves: 
    Rave: We revealed to DH's extended family yesterday and EVERYONE was super happy for us. :) I posted a recap in the Christmas announcements thread. 
    Rant: Why does EVERYONE think we're waiting for the anatomy scan to "find out what color to paint the nursery?" :unamused: I swear I heard that at least five times yesterday. Yes, we want to find out if it's a boy or girl, but we settled on a jungle animal theme a while ago. (If nothing else, a gender-neutral theme gives us a lot more time to plan it out and put it together.)

Questions: Nope!

GTKY: What is your absolute favorite home-cooked meal? My mom made braciole over the weekend and it was amazing as always!

@mamanbebe My parents used to do sparkling cider and frozen appetizers with me and my sister when we were kids. They also gave us party crackers with paper hats inside and we loved them!
    @canuckmomma Plenty of gift cards, but I'm not complaining! DH got me a pregnancy pillow and a pair of earrings, plus a few other things. My sister got me a baby onesie with her company's logo on it, so I'd say she likes her new job :D 
  • @hestia14 that’s a super cute idea! Also, I’m so glad your announcement went well :)

@1stbabe719 I’ve not experienced it but I’ve seen others around the bump have had dropped an innocuous clot during a healthy pregnancy. FX everything is ok ❤️
    July 17 / 11 today! 

Baby is the size of a(n): sushi maki piece 

Upcoming Appointments: Jan 10 - 12 week OB appt. 

How are you feeling?: Ugh. The puking gave me laryngitis. And then I developed an upper-respiratory infection.
    Still nauseated. Still boobs hurting. Lots of RLP if I turn wrong. The snot from the infection gags me. Party. Sea Bands are still a big help.  

Rants/Raves: 
    Rants - My In Laws are ridiculous. It’s going to be a long 29 weeks to life.... 
    Raves - My husband is the absolute best. He’s really picked up the slack for me being sick. I love him more and more. And he’s really gotten used to the preggo concept, which feels so much better. 

Questions: What is the one thing you can’t live without right now? 
    Mine is the Sea Bands. 

My dad’s grilled cheese and tomato soup.

Favorite gift, my Echo Show. We are already looking into baby monitors that are compatible! 
  • @hakele Gas-x is my savior right now. I’m sorry you’re still feeling so sick and now have a resp infection on top of that! Sending you all the healing vibes.