August 2019 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight: Baby Carriers

Hi all! For today's Product Spotlight, let's talk Baby Carriers!

I know people may not be checking in as much this week with the holiday season upon us, so I'm sure we will revisit this topic, but these could be nice items to pick up on post-holiday sales, so please share your favorites!

Prior and upcoming Product Spotlights

Re: Product Spotlight: Baby Carriers

• Options
    For wrap-style, I had the (faux-wrap) K'Tan Breeze for my summer baby. I liked the product and how easy it was to "wrap," but I got the sizing wrong and for this product that's crucial! The recommendation is to size down so that the baby is snug against you.

For a more structured carrier I have an expensive Ergo One (which may be discontinued), and my husband has an inexpensive Infantino. They're both great! So you don't have to pay $$$ to carry your baby around. 
  • Options
    I LOVE my Lillebaby carriers. I have the wrap and the Complete. The wrap is great for infants. My favorite "trick" is to tie it on *before* I go to the store or wherever, then once I get there, it's super easy to just tuck baby in.
    I'm hoping to master nursing with the Complete this time around. It sounds like it could be a lifesaver!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I really loved my baby carriers the first time around, & hope to buy a couple more this time to expand my options. 

Loved last time: 
    Lillebaby all seasons - great for bigger babies & flexibility. Can be worn in many different ways. I could not wear for at least 6 months plus due to c/s. Easiest on your back for long wears & my husbands carrier of choice. 

K'tan carrier - perfect for newborn tiny stages up to about 4-5 months for us. Also I was able to wear DS in this carrier even while recovering from my CS. 

Solly baby wrap- so soft and snuggly, I got it when he was already a little older. If you can master the technique it's equally great as the k'tan but softer and lighter + adjustable. But, you have to learn how to use it. Literally anyone can pick up a k'tan and wear it. This is a stretchy wrap so not recommended for back carries. 

What I hope to buy this time:

Oscha ring sling - they are gorgeous! I have my eye on one particular print. 

Wildbird ring sling - very pretty, easy to obtain, & seem reasonably priced. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    I had the baby bjorn with dd1 which was ok but liked the ergo 360 so much better with dd2. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    I love babywearing! I have an Ergo Adapt that I loved with my son (now 2) when he got a little bigger. For infant babywearing, I loved my Boba wrap!
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My experiences:

Boba Stretchy Wrap: amazing for the first 3 months or until your LO gets too heavy. Snuggly and secure. I noticed it wasn't as comfortable once my boy hit 12 lbs (he bounced around if I walked at my normal - fast - pace, so I had to slow it down and/or keep a hand or two under his bum for extra support, which was annoying). That was at around 2-2.5 months old, but I kept using it until he was 3 months old and my woven wrap came.

Little Frog Ring Sling: lower cost than other ring slings, not sure if expensive brands are that much better or not. I liked it for the airport travel and fast in and out once I got the hang of it, but i found it had a harder learning curve than the stretchy wrap for me anyways. I couldn't wear it long term because of the uneven weight distribution.

Lenny Lamb woven wrap: I got my base size 6 and used it a ton for front carries (replacing the stretchy wrap when LO was too big and bouncing) and then also back carries when he was older. Amazing for doing chores (he's behind me and out of my way for laundry, cooking, whatever I'm doing if I need my hands in front of me.

Tula standard carrier: the free to grow was just coming out (ie: never on sale) when my son was born, so we just got the standard carrier. He has a long torso and short legs, proportionally speaking, so he did take a while to grow into this carrier. Like, 5 months old at least before we could use it. It's great for fast in and out now. I used it in the airport when travelling when he was 9-10 months old instead of the ring sling because it was more secure at that age and just as fast/convenient imo.

This time around, since I already have the "basics" I'd love to get an onbu for fast back carries (for bigger babies though, so new LO wouldn't use it for a while, but I could use it for DS while pregnant and also afterwards) and/or a short wrap (the long tails of my base size wrap get annoying a lot of the time if I do carries with fewer passes, which I realize I tend to prefer :# )

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Options
    Honestly didn’t BW all that much with my first but for sure plan to this go around with a toddler in the mix. I bought the Tula Free-to-Grow and have a Boba wrap from last time I plan to use as well.

Has anyone used the Lalabu shirt? It has a built in carrier/nursing bra, etc. Looks easy and im all about it!
  • Options
    I had a Boba for newborn stage.  I liked it but hated all the extra material.  I may try a different wrap or ring slip this go around.

We also have a LilleBaby and love it!  I still use it to hike around my three year old.  We actually bought little stir ups so his legs don’t dangle.  It’s worked amazingly well at every stage and is so comfortable to wear.  DH can even get it on and on by himself so I think that says a lot haha haha!  
  • Options
    I’m a big Tula fan and used my standard with my first two and will with this one too. It’s easy to use, comfortable, and just plain pretty. Great for beginners. Downsides... it gets hot and isn’t my fav for the tiny babies. I don’t like the newborn insert. It’ll likely try something different for the newborn/summer stage. 

• Options
    moon1417moon1417 member
    edited December 2018
    I just looked up the Tula, you can use it with a newborn? @boymom312 it is pretty!  Eta I read your post again and saw whT you said About tiny babies. Hm. 

Me 32 <3 H 33
    TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

• Options
    You absolutely can use it with a newborn. They have newborn inserts and I’ve used mine several times. I find the insert to be a bit clunky though. I do love love love it when they are big enough to go without it though. It’s doable if you plan to buy only one carrier. I’d definitely recommend a Tula to anyone expecting! I’ve gotten all my friends on the bandwagon with their babes already 🥰 They borrowed min and fell in love. 

This is is mine with DS1

• Options
    I love our Lillebaby because it's so customizable for a good fit.  and the back support panel is awesome.  That said, all the straps and stuff do make it kind of bulky when not using so sometimes I wish I had the Tula.