May 2019 Moms

PGAL check-in 12/24

How many weeks are you? 

How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically?

Any appointment updates?

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

Any milestones coming up (doesn't have to be pgal related)? 

GTKY: who plans on throwing caution to the wind and eating whatever they want this week? What have you been looking forward to eating?

Re: PGAL check-in 12/24

• How many weeks are you? 19 + 5

all over the place.  Was feeling just tired but today I have been feeling lightheaded and nauseous.  Could be what I ate for breakfast??? A little bit of lower back pain.  Everything that could be normal has me a nervous wreck.  Been having more discharge and now paranoid that it is amniotic fluid although it probably isn’t.  PGAL brain is in over drive today. 

Any appointment updates? level II anatomy scan on Monday 31st. OB appt Jan 2. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I just hate all the worry.  I wish I could enjoy this pregnancy. 

Any milestones coming up (doesn't have to be pgal related)? Just my scan. 

GTKY: who plans on throwing caution to the wind and eating whatever they want this week? What have you been looking forward to eating?  I have been a little more lenient on my sweets- trying not to be too bad as I had GD last pregnancy.  But making pumpkin pie and chocolate chip cookies.  
  • How many weeks are you?: 17 wks 4 days

How are you feeling?: Emotionally and physically? TIRED. Physically beat all the time, that still hasn't gone away from the first trimester. Other than that I feel pretty great.

Any appointment updates?: Routine 18wk appointment on the 28th, then our anatomy scan on Jan 7th.

Rants/Raves/Questions?: Does anyone else have a fear of not eating enough? Like I feel as though I forget to snack enough to get those extra 300cal a day that we're supposed to. And sometimes, on my weekends, I'll sleep in too late for breakfast so I'll go straight to lunch. I'm definitely not one who deprives myself and consciously chooses not to eat, but I also was never one who ate a lot before I got pregnant. Making sure I'm eating enough has kinda been a hard habit for me to get into, and I'm worried about unintentionally depriving our baby of what he needs. I'm religiously taking my prenatals, so I have to imagine that helps somehow, and I'm constantly drinking water so at least that's not a worry. But does anyone have any advice on how to make sure you're eating enough??

Any milestones coming up (doesn't have to be pgal related)?: I'm just excited for our anatomy scan in a couple weeks and seeing our sweet little boy.

GTKY: who plans on throwing caution to the wind and eating whatever they want this week? What have you been looking forward to eating?: As long as it's not extremely unsafe, I've honestly been indulging in whatever I want (in moderation). I'm a pretty healthy eater on an everyday basis, so I'm not super afraid to indulge in any one unhealthy thing because I know it's not a constant. I'm super excited to eat sushi again though, OMG. I've been sticking to California Rolls when I get that craving, because at least that's safe (since the crab is cooked), but I would give anything for a Spicy Tuna Roll!! 😓
  • Loading the player...
  • @bpietronicco I totally get what you mean by the PGAL brain brain being hyperactive. The worry is there constantly for me, and I always feel like I'm doing something wrong ("Am I eating enough? Am I exercising enough?"). And now that I've felt our baby start moving a bit, I go insane with worry if I haven't felt him for hours straight, thinking something is wrong. He's still so tiny, and from what I understand, at this point its normal to only feel the baby once every couple DAYS (if you've felt the baby at all). But still, the worry won't go away. I feel you. It sucks. 😥
  • Thanks @intheluep.  I also am struggling with making sure I eat enough and drink enough water.  I haven’t really felt the baby yet so that adds to it but I know it’s early. 
  • How many weeks are you? 
    18wks

It's been a good week. Energy is better, sleep is decent. I have been able to findfind baby right away with the doppler and am starting to feel her move. Pgal brain is still there, and I am anxious about my u/s on Thursday (I think I talked about this in last week's thread), but holidays are serving as a good distraction.

Any appointment updates?
    L2 anatomy scan with mfm on Thursday 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

Any milestones coming up (doesn't have to be pgal related)? 
    A healthy u/s this week (feeling like a broken record) 

GTKY: who plans on throwing caution to the wind and eating whatever they want this week? What have you been looking forward to eating?
    I usually eat fairly healthy  so I haven't felt bad indulging this week. We have a large family get together tomorrow and there are always homemade pies and truffles (and also really good wine 😢). Yum! 
  • How many weeks are you? 18w 3d

How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Emotionally, I am extremely hormonal and cry at movies and tv shows all the time!

Any appointment updates? next appointment isnt til our anatomy scan on 1/7.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I don't feel like I'm eating enough either. I go from not so hungry to hangry in a split second though. 

Any milestones coming up (doesn't have to be pgal related)? Just our scan. We still dont know what we're having so it'll be exciting to find out. 

GTKY: who plans on throwing caution to the wind and eating whatever they want this week? What have you been looking forward to eating? Caution of what I eat hasn't been too much of a worry for me other than the normal safety things like cheese, meat, sushi... I feel like I'm forgetting more but I'm following all of those. I know that I need to eat more veggies but they just don't sound appetizing.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Had a good anatomy u/s today! *happy dance*

Was a little extra triggered during it though. The clinic I was at during my loss uses u/s techs, who are not allowed to interpret - have to wait for the doc to come in (this had meant that the tech had to fake a scan when she knew there wasn't a hb, and then the doc was running late and it was awful, and it contributed to the trauma of the whole thing). My current ob has both techs and CNPs that do the scans. CNPs can tell you everything as you go and the techs are at least authorized to give a narrative of what they see. Today's scan was at MFM, and it was more like the first clinic. The tech was very flat and I felt like she took so many pics of the heart. And then we had to go sit in a little conference room for 10 minutes waiting for the doc. Probably didn't help that there was a another preggo lady I passed in the hall who had been crying. If we decide to have another, I might stay with scans in my clinic as long as everything looks healthy, or I will research a different MFM clinic.
  • @optbaby2017 so happy that your scan was good :) 

This is my first time posting to this feed (normally I just post in the group 1 checkup) but I only discovered what this group was over the holidays with the extra time to catch up on messages. Please let me know if I'm not following any guidelines of the feed. 

How many weeks are you? 21w 5d

How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically?--Emotionally a lot better that I found this group! I have been nervous with anxiety my entire pregnancy and suffer from PGAL brain also due to my previous loss. I too question if my baby's movements are normal- should I feel him more? Should my H be able to feel him yet? My best friend is also pregnant (24 weeks) and at 21 weeks she felt her baby move way more. The comparison game starts to kick in.  Positive pregnancy affirmations can usually calm me down... Physically I feel good though. 

Any appointment updates? Next week I have a checkup with my midwife. It was suppose to be this week but with Christmas it got pushed to next week. I really want to hear the heartbeat to have a sense of relief. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Christmas put my mind at ease a bit. Being with my family and off social media (I find Instagram emotionally draining but with my business it's necessary). My H and I received some cute baby clothes from my parents as well as the car seat that we wanted which was amazing! It's just been this week that I feel my baby move everyday and I'm looking forward for my H to be able to feel that too. Also my H got me the sweetest Christmas present (which is totally out of character for him lol) it's a diamond ring in the shape of a heartbeat and everytime I look at it, it gives me a sense of relief and I think of my babies heartbeat. 

Any milestones coming up (doesn't have to be pgal related)? Not really. 

GTKY: who plans on throwing caution to the wind and eating whatever they want this week? What have you been looking forward to eating? --I definitely threw caution to the wind and ate anything I wanted this week. We also had our gender reveal with my family so I have been eating left over cake. 

Thanks for letting me share!
  • @bpietronicco I have been totally feeling that way about my discharge lately and kept wondering if it is amniotic fluid, I’m sure it’s just discharged though, but it puts my PGAL brain in overdrive.

@intheluep I wonder if I am eating enough as well. Before pregnancy I would often skip meals or just eat a huge meal once a day on days off (not really on purpose but got busy running errands or cleaning, etc). So I am trying to make more of an effort to eat at least 3 meals a day. And I really want a spicy tuna roll too.

@optbaby2017 I had a tech like that yesterday at MFM, she was making conversation and pointing some things out but not really giving any information. Towards the end of the ultrasound I asked if she was able to find my bleed (SCH) and she was like “I looked around for it.” Umm....ok? Then right at the end she was measuring something that I could not identify so I asked what she was measuring and she said “I can’t tell you.” Cue panic mode.... Turns out she was measuring my bleed. I was like seriously why couldn’t she just say that I was the one that told her I had a bleed. I was not impressed. And yay for a good ultrasound!!

@kbeers13 I have been crying at so many movies/ TV shows it’s not even funny. DH and I just watched Christmas Chronicles on Netflix (which was super good btw) and the dad was a firefighter who died in a building fire (DH is also a FF), I cried through the whole thing.

@kaitcrystalline Welcome.

How many weeks are you? 21w2d

How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Physically-I am so tired, where is this burst of energy I keep hearing about? 😉 I also have the worst acid reflex. Emotionally- Feeling better after my ultrasound yesterday but PGAL brain still is there.

Any appointment updates? I had my anatomy scan #2 yesterday (I had the first on at 16w5d). Everything looked good, and baby is measuring right on.

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

Any milestones coming up (doesn't have to be pgal related)? I just passed it with the ultrasound.

GTKY: who plans on throwing caution to the wind and eating whatever they want this week? What have you been looking forward to eating? I have been eating a lot of seafood and also a lot of sweets.
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21