June 2019 Moms
Options

STM Registry List

Alright STMs, what are you getting this go around or replacing?

Re: STM Registry List

• Options
    This is my running amazon registry list

-breast milk storage bags
    -Second car mirror
    -Triple paste
    -Second bum brush
    -Wipes
    - a few boxes of newborn diapers (I won’t stock up)
    -Diaper pail refills
    -One container of formula for an emergency
    -Extra breast pump part kit (tubes, valves)
    -slow flow nipple replacements for como tomo bottles 
    -arms reach bassinet (since it will be a c section) 
    -a smaller glider (we moved and our house doesn’t have the space for the old one we sold)
    -bottle cleaning brushes
    -dapple soap
    -dohm sound machine
    -rectal thermometer
    -batteries for all the things 
    -glider board attachment for city select stroller
    -bassinet attachment for city select

we already have nursery furniture stored away from the twins to use. As far as decor and sheets for the nursery. We aren’t going to worry about that until baby is a few months old since they will be sleeping in our room. Plus I want to be able to use the guest room and bed for our moms to stay and help out. 

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Bottle brush
    Diapers
    Wipes
    Tylenol
    Motrin
    Benadryl
    Gripe water
    Gas drops
    Bum brush
    Diaper pail inserts
    Baby nail clippers
    Cradle crap comb
    Baby wash ( I use the same stuff on day but I'll clearly need more)
    I'm just going to get a board attachment for the stroller I think. (Ds will be 3)

We still have our nursery set up from DS. We just moved him into another room so we have a crib, changing table, glider etc in there ready to go. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh totally adding the cradle cap brush to my list. And gas drops. And possibly those windi things. DD has horrible colic and gas and those things worked so darn well. 
  • Options
    My one splurge this time is going to be the Baby Bjorn cradle! And maaaaybe a double stroller. 
  • Options
    Oh and a Haaka breast pump. My friends with babies now have been raving about it. I don’t think I’m going to build up a stash this time. I’m a SAHM and I had a huge stash with my son but it was a TON of work. So I will probably just use the haaka this time around. 
  • Options
    A second diaper genie (and more refills) so I can have one on each floor.

Crib & mattress (we got a convertible crib for DS and we’ll buy another for DD, but one clearance!)

New nipples for bottles, new pacifiers, teethers, etc (things where the material has fatigued to a non-reusable point).

A new pack n play (we are moving to a new house and having a cheap second one will make my life easier).

Diapers & formula

A couple of toys to help the DS & DD bond (Leap frog Violet and a shapes food picnic basket).

We already got a double stroller for a steal when Babies R Us closed.
  • Options
    ncm1919ncm1919 member
    edited December 2018
    New diaper genie
    glider
    Clothes if its a boy
    formula
    new dresser/changing table

im getting overwhelmed thinking about this.  The biggest thing is getting that room cleared out. It’s currently my closet. I don’t know where anything will go. It was nice having space while it lasted 😢
  • Options
    luckystar28luckystar28 member
    edited December 2018
    I’ve bought absolutely nothing for number 2...#momguilt

eta: I really need to get on it. I’d like to have everything ready around 30 weeks since preterm preeclampsia is a risk again. 17 weeks today, I’ve got time yeah? The good news is, amazon rocks and most things you can get right away 

I need: 
    carseat
    double stroller
    crib
    diaper pail 
    need to check on clothes stash, specifically for little things like socks I might have gotten rid of. 
    need to check my swaddle stash
    formula just in case
    diapers in newborn and 1 
    new diaper holder bag thing for the nursery
    bottles 
    rocking chair 
    star turtle night light thing my DS loves 
    baby gas drops and other meds just in case 

• Options
    New nipples for bottles
    pacifiers
    New pump
    2 diaper genies
    2 crib sets
    2 rocking chairs 
    a new twin pnp
    another DockATot
    Boy clothes
    Some newborn diapers 
    Double stroller
    2 car mirrors 
    Another bucket car seat 
    some more burp clothes

• Options
    This time I am for sure getting one of these. It catches the milk that flows from the side that baby isn’t on. 
  • Options
    Went through the cloth we have from my son today! So happy I saved all this  I did give a bunch to a friend who is a foster parent but this is still a perfect amount  
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    We need:
    NB diapers, some clothes, infant to toddler rocker seat, a new bassinet mattress and sheets, bathing pad, swaddles, bottles, baby on board signage, tummy time mat.

My insurance will send me a new breast pump and I still have a back up battery, milk bags, and nursing pads set aside. Plus some misc baby stuff. So we are honestly pretty well set. We maybe need $150 worth of stuff. We still have an infant seat that is not recalled from DD and her bassinet, PnP, changing table, baby toys, etc. So glad I set stuff aside.

Once the baby is bigger we will need another saucer/bouncer thing because I gave ours away to someone, but we will get one when the time comes. 
  • Options
    I've just started my amazon registry and pretty much went blank haha I saved pretty much everything from DD so I put a few bigger things on there
    So far I have:
    momaroo
    halo bassinet
    double stroller - have my eye on the city select
    folding high chair
    new bottles
    diapers
    changing pad for the diaper bag since mine is MIA
    rocking chair
    bottle brushes
    Hatch light
    a second base for the infant car seat
    infant tub

Are diaper genies really worth it??? I considered one for DD but never got one
  • Options
    @mkfolse22 depends on how lazy you are I guess. I am super lazy so its nice to only take it out once a week but if you are used to not leaving diapers in the room then it is for sure not a necessity. 
  • Options
    pbtoastpbtoast member
    edited December 2018
    @mkfolse22 We have a Diaper Dekor- same concept. I liked it for the infant days but once my DS started eating food and his poop started being stinky, I just took them outside to the trash. Pee diapers I just put in our regular trash. I’ll probably have the Diaper Dekor in #2’s room for a few months anyway. In short- not sure they’re worth it. 😂

ETA: especially if you’re used to not having one, I’m not sure I’d invest for a second kid. I wouldn’t get one if I had it to do over but since we have it, I’ll use it. 
  • Options
    Thanks to this thread I've been on amazon all day instead of actually accomplishing anything at work lol we still have basically everything from DD and this is another girl so we're pretty well set. 

Breast milk storage bags
    Extra pump parts
    A manual pump
    (We cloth diaper and DD will still be in diapers so we'll need more)
    A couple more wet bags
    Diapers + extra hemp inserts 
    High chair
    Stroller

I'm sure I'm forgetting things but we should be pretty set with the necessities at least

• Options
    @dntstpbelieveing I like lazy. DD is 2 and still in diapers but we just throw them in the trash. She also doesn’t go through 15 a day anymore so I definitely see the appeal. We have bears in the neighborhood that like to rip apart our trash so I like the idea of being able to just take the diapers out on trash day. 
    @pbtoast we had like a knock off one from my SIL but it didn’t contain the smell too well so we gave up on it early. 
  • Options
    I love my diaper genie. We end up emptying it every couple of days and when we start smelling it pretty bad we change the charcoal filter. It usually only smells when we open it and a few mins after. 
  • Options
    Its not cheap but I love our Ubbi diaper pail! The initial investment is higher than diaper genie. But it’s better looking, and takes regular trash bags. I want to say you can put the cloth diaper bags in there too. It doesn’t smell except when it’s open or when my MIL puts the bags in wrong. 🤦🏼‍♀️ We change it every 7-10 days most of the time unless we get some stinky poops in there! 
  • Options
    I disagree with @ShadeofGreen816 bc we got an ubbi for our basement after lots of raves about them and I thought it didn’t work as well as our diaper genie. The genie doesn’t  smell (except when changing bags) and the ubbi smelled much more and smelled every time you opened it. 
  • Options
    @inomniaparatus2 We have two ubbis and I think they smell too! I feel dumb replacing them though but maybe I should. Not sure what I would get though. Unless I’m putting the bag in wrong as mentioned. I’ll look into that. That would be embarrassing.. 2.5 years in and doing it wrong haha. Doh! 
  • Options
    @luckystar28 I found that as long as the WHOLE  bag is inside the can, it only smells when I open it to put a diaper in. Or when it's full. I just put the opening of the bag around the round part inside. I suspect that's how most people would do it. MIL likes to open the big top and just put the bag around the whole can, if that makes any sense. 
  • Options
    This thread was super helpful in starting my list. 
    Only 1 thing to add from what others have said: Little Remedies New Baby Essentials Kit (Walmart carries it) It has all of the below in it: 
    Saline Spray / Drops for Noses 
    Nasal Aspirator (didn't work well so don't rely on that as your main one but it was a backup if my normal one got lost)
    Gas Relief Drops for Tummies 
    Infant Fever & Pain Reliever 
    Gripe Water for Tummies
    Boudreaux's Butt Paste(R) for Diaper Rash 
  • Options
    Very helpful thread! Didn't think about putting pump parts on it, great ideas! I'm not sure how many will be on our registry or I'll just be hunting on facebook marketplace for. I need to just send the list and tell people second had is great lol.

Disposable things (diapers, wipes, etc.)
    Pump parts
    Rock n play (didn't have one before and I regret) and or a swing (ours sucked, it was a third hand me down so I threw it away)
    Bassinet and/or mini-crib
    Double stroller
    Ring sling 

• Options
    Thank you ladies for posting all your great ideas!  I'm feeling overwhelmed at all the cleaning/planning/prep I need to do before this little one arrives.  I definitely need to get fresh pump supplies and parts, as well as some new bottles. We also need to stock up on all the infant first aid stuff again. I have a Baby Bjorn from last time around, but I'm considering a ring sling this time.

I think I'm going to hold off and start creating our registry after my anatomy scan at the beginning of February.  Are you ladies sticking with just an Amazon registry?
  • Options
    @tickledpink123 This time around, I'm sticking to my Amazon one because Babies R Us closed. I do have a registry at Buy Buy Baby, but it's mostly for a discount coupon. I'll set one up with Target, if needed, because it's the closest store, but not my preference for baby stuff.
  • Options
    gracesmamagracesmama member
    edited January 2019
    -Disposable stuff ( diapers/wipes) 
    -Pump parts 
    -Pumping Bra
    -Ergo 360 - I never really wore DD but I know with this baby I will need hands free with my by then 3 yr old. 
    -New diaper bag! I used an over the shoulder one with my first, but man the backpacks are so cute and make more sense! 
    -Dresser/storage bins for the room. I have the rest of the furniture.

I’ve already added most of this stuff to an amazon list, although I’ve seen really great deals on the Ergo on Facebook martket place and will probably buy it used.  

**Question: I still have a monitor in my daughters room, she’s 2.5 right now. How long do most keep monitors in their kids room? Will I end up having two monitors? It’s a basic one, no video or anything. If I get another it will be the same, I know I would be too obsessed if it was video. 

• Options
    @briweekly I was wondering the same thing. How long people kept monitors in their kiddos rooms. Our DD is almost 2.5. Right now it’s mostlymfor safety. She is on the second floor and we don’t want her going down the stairs on her own since our bedroom is on the first floor. 
    *TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
    10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
    11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
    Benched 6 months 
    BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
    BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18

• Options
    I've actually never used the monitor in DSs room. I *think* I know where it is. But we have a ranch style house so it's not really needed. 

• Options
    @ballofmeat We still use a monitor for my 3.5 y.o. son, for the same reason; if he wakes up in the middle of the night and starts wandering, I want to know.  He also uses it basically as an intercom "[yelling] MOM! MOM! May I please have some water?" (repeat 5-10x every evening... :D )
  • Options
    pumping supplies (Replace the tubes, etc) and milk storage stuff - but won't need this until I go back to work.

bought a carseat and stroller for 2 (since dd is still at stroller age)

a second convertible crib (since dd will be in hers converted at least another year).

I'll go though baby clothes and stuff, but probably only purchase on a whim, we have SO much.