May 2019 Moms
Options

No Drama Llama Thread for Helpful Partners, Families, and Friends

So I was looking through the drama llama thread and while I expected the stories about pushy in-laws, rude friends, and inconsiderate family members, I was REALLY shocked at the stories of partners behaving badly. Some were dismissive of the difficulties of pregnancy, others were downright mean. I'm very fortunate to say I can't relate because my husband has been aces throughout my 19 weeks of my first pregnancy, so I wanted to give a little shoutout to him and to people like him who are making pregnancy experiences just a little bit easier. Plus, I think it'll be nice to see how others are being supportive during this crazy life event. 

I have to shoutout my husband who accepts any complaints I have about how I'm feeling at face value. He doesn't judge or second guess me. Instead, he often will insist that I lie down while he make dinner, while he gets me a drink, while he gets me a blanket or while makes some tea. He'll go even further sometimes and keep refilling my water glass or bring me my medication to make sure that I am healthy for myself and the baby. He'll go to the grocery every single night in a week if nothing at home 'sounds good' to me for dinner that night. I'm in school 3 days a week, and he works full-time to support us, but when he's home he still does almost all of the cooking and cleaning. 

I'd love to hear other stories about those in your lives who are supporting you and your pregnancy. 
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: No Drama Llama Thread for Helpful Partners, Families, and Friends

• Options
    I get shoulder rubs very often from DH, so I call that a major win. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My husband is not great with housework and cooking and generally lets me take care of him. It has been great to see our roles change and see him step up. He struggles to do things, but I always let him know I appreciate his efforts. He is home from out of town today and as soon as he got home he thanked me for picking up the slack while he has been gone (joke is on him, I did nothing :p) and thanked me for taking care of myself and our baby. I may have cried a bit :)
  • Options
    Love this. My husband has been 100% supportive my entire pregnancy. From immediately backing me to our family when I wanted a midwife and HBAC to stepping up to share the kiddo and cleaning responsibilities. I could not ask for a better partner in this pregnancy. 
  • Options
    My husband has been fantastic 90% of the time. He just went to get me sour watermelon candy so that’s a success. 
  • Options
    DH and I fought last week about me not appreciating the stuff he does around the house and him not appreciating the huge sacrifice I made growing the baby. It wasn’t a huge fight, but I made it clear I wanted some acknowledgement that I’m sacrificing for the good of both of us. The next day he posted the sweetest message on Facebook- which he never does- about how wonderful I was for the work that I do trying to change the world. It felt good bc I feel like I rarely get acknowledged for doing the job I do- which is literally to pass laws to keep kids safe and healthy from people outside my work sphere. Once in awhile from my parents, but I feel like DH just sees it as a 9-5 that pays the bill, but not my life’s passion.
  • Options
    H came home, got me some Tylenol for my massive headache, and then did the dishes. 
  • Options
    DH has been truly wonderful. I always knew he was a great guy but these past few months have really cemented it. 
    I do all the housework (i like it done a certain way) however DH has been gathering up all the laundry and bringing it into the laundry room so i dont have to lug the baskets around. He will scrape and rinse all the dishes and stack them up for me and he has been making sure my car is always filled with gas all the while working 16 hrs days 5 days a week. So on ave he is only sleeping 4-5 hrs a day. He has insisted that he would rather work what he does and have me stay home (ive been working the past 6 months to save money for baby items i want).
    The sweetest thing he has done was hide money in the box i keep my wedding rings so i can buy the crib i really wanted. I had purchased a crib changing table combo a few years ago (and its still in the box) however once I realized this pregnancy might actually last i decided i didnt like the old one but couldn’t justify buying another crib.

• Options
    My partner was definitely a bit of an ass for the first tri but he's really turned it around. His dad died unexpectedly right before thanksgiving and i feel like that might have something to do with it. Regardless of the reason he's been really sweet, getting me ice cream at 11pm and turning on the space heater in our bathroom to make sure it's extra toasty when I get out of the shower. Although I think the best thing is when he does act like a jerk he is acknowledging it and apologizing. It's been really nice. 
  • Options
    My husband has also been doing a lot better. Him not being in school has been amazing for both of us. Yesterday I was feeling terrible and he let me take a nap, and insisted I go back to sleep when I still felt crappy after my nap. He's just been in a better mood, and been trying to be more involved in the pregnancy. He's also been great about acknowledging when he's being a jackass. So, that's been nice too.