May 2019 Moms
Options

Placenta previa

Hi ladies. I just wanted to start this thread for support, who had placenta previa before or may have it now, and how are you feeling? 

This is is my 3rd pregnancy so I never experienced this before, I am a little nervous 😬 

Re: Placenta previa

• Options
    It’s not a huge deal. They’ll monitor you and if it doesn’t move, you’ll need a csection. I had to have a rhogam shot and thankfully it moved by delivery. 
  • Options
    I had it last time and it moved in plenty of time.  It’s still early — fingers crossed yours will too.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don’t have it, but a friend of mine did with her last pregnancy. She was worried about it too but it moved just in time. They were tracking it every few weeks and everyone thought she would surely have a csection because it didn’t seem to be moving at all for the longest time. It ended up sliding to one side over a couple weeks just before her son was due. It was a huge relief, but docs say it resolves itself 90ish percent of the time. Fingers crossed for you!
  • Options
    I have it. I was a little freaked out at first, but after talking to my doc and reading up on it, I'm pretty sure it will resolve itself. I will say though that mine is only partially covering the cervix, not completely.