Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Late to the Independent Sitting Game

Hi all! My 9 month old son is a little late to sitting on his own. He can sit if I put him into position and typically stays there till bored, then army crawls away. He met most other milestone right on time. He’s an excellent roller, army crawls (quickly and easily changes direction, even pulls toys along with him), he “planks” and does what looks like bridges, he’s even started to pull himself up into a kneel or stand (with me there to spot him), but he hasn’t mastered sitting. For a while I thought he would start because he turns on his hip (kind of looks like he’s posing like a model) but never did it. It’s like as soon as he learned to army crawl, he wasn’t interested in sitting still. The pediatrician said we could have early intervention evaluate him if we were worried, and now it’s all I think about. Here I thought he was trecking along just fine and all of a sudden evaluation is being mentioned. Has anyone else experienced this? Is my little one just meeting things in his own time, or is there reason for concern?