June 2019 Moms

Group 1 (June 1-8) Check In w/o 12/17

I don’t know why but something about being in Week 16 makes me super excited to start this!! I’m going to also switch it up just a bit since we talk about some of the usual things in other threads. 

1. EDD/W+D: 

2. Questions?

3. Have you done anything or are you planning on doing anything to pamper yourself a bit during the holiday season? (Or maybe you can get some inspiration!): 

4. GTKY: What would your first question be after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years? 

Re: Group 1 (June 1-8) Check In w/o 12/17

• 1. EDD/W+D: June 3rd, 16W today!

2. Questions? Do you guys feel like you really have a true bump? I feel like mine still maybe feels a bit squishy fat to me. 😊 But it also feels oddly firm, too. I can’t wait until it’s just a real bump. But maybe when I have a real bump I’ll just find it unwieldy. 

3. Have you done anything or are you planning on doing anything to pamper yourself a bit during the holiday season? (Or maybe you can get some inspiration!): sorry if this is TMI, but I treated myself to a bikini wax since I’ll be going to Florida for vacation and I’m going to get a mani+pedi with my BF this week! I’m finally feeling a bit better with my MS so I’m trying to do things to feel positive while this growing bump is a bit awkward and surreal for me. 

4. GTKY: What would your first question be after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years? I think I would ask, Do you know what ice cream is and do you still eat it?? I love ice cream so much, I’d be afraid that they wouldn’t make it anymore in the future because we all just eat some nutrient pill or something haha
  • @chrssyms sorta. I can feel the bump, bit it is still a bit squishy above it. Just my insides moving around.

EDD/W+D:  15w 7d (baby is the side of a Nutella jar! Seems fitting considering I bought one last week and I have been eating spoonfuls)

2. Questions? Not really. 

3. Have you done anything or are you planning on doing anything to pamper yourself a bit during the holiday season? (Or maybe you can get some inspiration!):  My sister and I are getting our nails done when o go back to TX to visit. I've been getting dips, bit they are annoying lately to me and I hate how they tear up my nails, so I think I'm going to do gel. I've never done gel. What should I expect?

4. GTKY: What would your first question be after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years?  Do we have flying cars yet?
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. EDD/W+D: june 2 16 w 1 d

2. Questions? Not really but in response to @chrssyms i feel like i am huge. I am rounding out but i am bigger to begin with...

3. Have you done anything or are you planning on doing anything to pamper yourself a bit during the holiday season? (Or maybe you can get some inspiration!): uhhh i took dec 24 off work. Thats my pampering 

4. GTKY: What would your first question be after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years? 
    Prob something disney related lol. Like does Disneyland still exist
  • 1. EDD/W+D: 6/7/19; 15+4

2. Questions? Anyone else wake up for a couple hours at 1 or 2 am?

3. Have you done anything or are you planning on doing anything to pamper yourself a bit during the holiday season? (Or maybe you can get some inspiration!): no. I don’t really like the holidays because everyone stresses out so hard in my family and DH’s family is a loud, chaotic whirlwind and I just want to sleep.  

Have the Kings won another Cup? (Because right now we won’t for a WHILE)
  • Liking the new format @chrssyms

1. EDD/W+D: 15.6, 5th of June 

2. Questions? Nope! Though to answer @chrssyms my bump is not very bump like at all. Weirdly hard but also soft and pudgy. 

3. Have you done anything or are you planning on doing anything to pamper yourself a bit during the holiday season? (Or maybe you can get some inspiration!): my partner got me a float session for my birthday so I did that on Saturday. It wasn’t as relaxing I’d had hoped but it was still pretty good! I’ll probably also get a wax and a mani/pedi as well. See how our financial situation is looking (all up I had to pay $1000 for the surgery, doctors appointments and ultrasounds) once my partner’s pay goes in. He’s not working over Christmas so we have to budget for that.

4. GTKY: What would your first question be after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years? If it’s anything like how I woke up after surgery today it’d be me screaming “IS MY BABY OK?!” over an over again whilst crying in pain until they could calm me down. As a side note, you’re not allowed any pain relief other than panadol or opiates (which I’m trying to avoid) whilst pregnant. 
  • @battleangel hmmm maybe i should have asked if the oilers won a cup but i am hoping this baby is a playoff baby and i go into labor during game 7 of one of the rounds wheeled out of the arena LOL plus mcjesus should get the job done we paying him enough 

@wiseh have you done a float before? I fell asleep during my first one
    Also glad to hear you got out or surgery okay and presuming the answer to your question was that the babe is okay! 

• @battleangel my insomnia has subsided for now it seems. I woke up with wicked hip and knee pain yesterday so last night i readjusted my pillows and i think i found a better way to lay on my left. 1 am is great time to find big bang theory in reruns or watch Netflix 
  • @canuckbaby first float. It was a couple of days before surgery so it wasn’t the most comfortable but that’s due to my cyst, not the float itself. I was drifting in and out of sleep and will definitely do one again once I’ve had baby. 

And correct! Baby is ok! I had an ultrasound after the surgery and it’s moving around as much as ever and I got to listen to the heartbeat as well 😁
  • @wiseh yes that would totally make a difference... i googled if anyone had died in a float tank before i went the first time because i was nervous. My DH went with me and he got bored about an hour into a 90 min float and got out lol. Hopefully you are able to enjoy your next one.

So glad to hear that you got proof for yourself. Also saw that the nurses misinformed you... grrr that would have made me mad.
  • wisehwiseh member
    edited December 2018
    It was actually every nurse I’d seen on the ward and in recovery @canuckbaby! I was a bit annoyed because I’d already told everyone that I still had everything! Silly me, should have waited until the doctor came. Haha. Oh well. Just gotta keep soldiering on. There’s no point being mad, just gotta roll with it. 
  • 1. EDD/W+D: 16+4

2. Questions? No questions from me. In reply to the bump question, I look like I had a bump but it's still really soft most of the time so it's just my insides being pushed up and around to make room to my uterus. I'm looking forward to when it's harder and more uterus than organs. I don't like when DH touches it right now since it's squishy.

3. Have you done anything or are you planning on doing anything to pamper yourself a bit during the holiday season? (Or maybe you can get some inspiration!): I have my next prenatal massage scheduled for Jan 5th. I'm really looking forward to that. The first one was so relaxing and I really enjoyed it. 

4. GTKY: What would your first question be after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years? I honestly don't know. I couldn't imagine being frozen for 100 years. If my family was frozen with me I would be asking about them. 
  • @wiseh well i guess because not ALL of it was taken that to them it was still there? I hope recovery goes okay and dont feel shame if you have to take something for pain. Even if its just once or twice for relief. 
  • 1. EDD/W+D: 6/3/19; 16+1

2. Questions? None here.
    To answer @chrssyms I do have a slight bump and i'm rocking the maternity clothes but I feel like since I was pretty skinny before I just look like I have a bit of a tummy and less like a "bump"; certainly not enough for strangers to say something or assume pregnancy. I guess my boobs have gotten pretty big because my son keeps poking them asking "You got a baby in there?" I have to remind him, no baby is in the belly. Ha!

3. Have you done anything or are you planning on doing anything to pamper yourself a bit during the holiday season? (Or maybe you can get some inspiration!): Sleep? I'm only taking the day after Christmas off and that's to travel back home, but I'm looking forward to being at my in-laws who will play with my son when he wakes at the crack of dawn and let me sleep...ahh sleep!

4. GTKY: What would your first question be after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years? What's the most exciting invention that everyone is using? Or maybe just simply, "What's everyone talking about these days"
  • @gta4334 lol at your son. He is like i know you get bigger in the front so it must be in there 
  • Erin1510Erin1510 member
    edited December 2018
    1. EDD/W+D: May 31 / 16w5d

2. Questions? Nothing really...I feel so much more relaxed about everything pregnancy this time around

I am rocking a bump that's hard on the bottom. I read that at 16w the uterus is halfway between your pubic bone and belly button and that feels perfectly accurate

3. Have you done anything or are you planning on doing anything to pamper yourself a bit during the holiday season? (Or maybe you can get some inspiration!): I have a chiro appointment Thursday and another adjustment and massage scheduled for 1/10 which is our first full week back to school after break. I'll need it!

4. GTKY: What would your first question be after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years? oooh this is fun one...probably something like "does the world still exist" or something along those lines.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• 1. EDD/W+D: 15 weeks, 5 days. June 6th. 

2. Questions? Anyone else having issues getting comfortable sleeping? I’ve always fallen asleep on my side but have discovered I must roll to my back during the night and now that is just painful when I wake up (plus I read that about this time you want to stop laying flat on your back). I recently got a pregnancy pillow which keeps me from turning to my back but then I don’t move at all so I wake up all stiff. Any advice? Found anything that’s super comfy? 

In regards to the bump question I more feel fluffy around the middle than pregnant. It’s more hard after I eat but any other time it’s more squishy which I’m not loving but know it’s worth it! My clothes are too tight but pregnancy clothes are too big so kind of feel like I’m in limbo at the moment. 

3. Have you done anything or are you planning on doing anything to pamper yourself a bit during the holiday season? (Or maybe you can get some inspiration!): starting in January I’m having a massage therapist come to our house every other week. My husband asked how much it is going to cost and I told him not as much I used to spend on wine a month! Ha ;)

4. GTKY: What would your first question be after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years?  Probably something like do cars fly like someone else said. 

• At about 9 last night I got a random onset of 8/10 pain where my ovary used to be which was mildly abated my a dose of oxycodone. About two hours later the pain came back even worse and I honestly rated it a 10/10, I’ve never in my life been in so much pain. I was shaking/shivering uncontrollably but at the same time my legs had gone stiff, was freezing cold and crying involuntarily. I wasn’t allowed any more oxy so they gave me IV panadol and after an hour when the pain hadn’t come down at all they made the decision to give me morphine. Took about 20 mins for that to set in and then I was off to sleep for about 4 hours and just woke up then when they came to do my obs.

I’m hearing you with the uncomfortable sleep @r_k. Last night in hospital I slept like a baby with my back at a 45 degree angle and my legs raised, though not sure how it can be achieved at home. I might see if I can buy one of those physio wedges somewhere for under my back?
  • @wiseh that sounds terrifying with the pain! I hope it gets better. I'm assuming they did your procedure laparoscopically? 

@Erin1510 Ha! I feel like it would be alarming to the people waking you up if you asked them "Does the world still exist?" If it didn't, how would they wake you up!? 

@canuckbaby I love that you would ask about Disneyland. It would be kind of terrible if it was gone. So magical!

@gta4334 "What's everyone talking about these days?" I feel like I can just imagine someone spryly popping out of a chamber, leaning on their elbow and nonchalantly asking what's going on these days - like you just talked to these people yesterday and you aren't from a completely different century. 

And thanks ladies for describing your bumps! I feel so weird about mine because it's like there, but also kind just looks like pudge, but then it's hard. So strange! 

@amaren-2 I always get the gels. I really like them a lot. They last long. Some people find them annoying because you *can* go to the salon to get them removed and that can be annoying. I just wait until mine start chipping and then I take them off carefully at home with some Zoya nail polish remover. It has acetone, but it's a little more gentle.  
  • Yeah just laparoscopic @chrssyms. I’m not really hurting at my incision sites, hurting on the inside. 

I think my pain last night was actually a full bladder as well as the internal stitches site. I didn’t have the urge to pee at all yesterday even though I had 3L of fluids, and I could only have a little pee 3 times with barely anything coming out. This morning I woke up with similar pain but had the urge to pee and had the best pee of my life hhaha. Sorry if TMI but I’m feeling so much better now after that! Haha
  • @wiseh i get the worst pain if i hold my bladder so could totally see it being a combo of stuff mucked around with plus not peeing when you should.

@r_k i just had a cupping appt to counteract pain from trying to lay on one side. I switched to a narrower pillow between my knees and i am not going to beat myself up if i roll onto back...i need to move. I made do what @wiseh said about proping myself up with pillows so i can just lay on back 
  • @canuckbaby I just had an ultrasound I was like “what is that giant black mass right there pushing on my uterus” and she’s like “uhh that’s tour very, very full bladder”. I’d literally just gone to the toilet before the scan and got out as much as I could. I told the nurses when I got back to my ward and they told me to have a shower and let the water run down the nape of my neck because that’s a pee activator, so I did that and I think I’ve half emptied my bladder. It feels so much better anyway.
  • @wiseh my last us i went to the bathroom 4 times... i was in sooo much pain and i could only pee so much (well initially just to get some out because they didnt say empty but after 1 and 2 trips she was like let it all go). My first us was with a student and she pushed for 5 min before her instructor came in who was watching in another room and said to go pee ... lol i hadn't even attempted to look at screen as i was just waiting for it to be over and my husband said oh is that why you cant see anything? Lol you mean you just pushed on my bladder for no reason??? Gawd. 
  • @chrssyms haha what I meant was like the world as I knew it. I figured we’d might be in some sort of post-revolution dystopian society situation or something 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• 1. EDD/W+D: Jun 4/16+1

2. Questions? None right now. 

3. Have you done anything or are you planning on doing anything to pamper yourself a bit during the holiday season? (Or maybe you can get some inspiration!): I haven’t had much time to pamper myself, I’ve been working and BF has been sick. I might try to get a pedicure this weekend. 

4. GTKY: What would your first question be after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years? Why did you wake me up?
  • Whoops, forgot to do this earlier this week.

1. EDD/W+D: June 5/ 16w+2d

2. Questions? Nothing right now!

3. Have you done anything or are you planning on doing anything to pamper yourself a bit during the holiday season? (Or maybe you can get some inspiration!): My DH’s work gives everyone the week between Christmas and New Year’s off (auto industry shutdown). I’m so happy. I can sleep in while he spends one-on-one time with DS! We’re
    also moving so having him home will be great.

4. GTKY: What would your first question be after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years? Give me the highlights of the last 100 years! What can we do now? Also, I want to see my family!