July 2019 Moms
Options

Appointments Week of 12/17

What’s on the schedule for the week!? Any questions? Let us know how everything went! 
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Appointments Week of 12/17

• Options
    After changing doctors & the doctor cancelling my first appt. I FINALLY have my first appt & ultrasound tomorrow. It’s with a nurse practitioner so I don’t get to meet my OB yet but at least I get to see the baby. Super anxious! 
  • Options
    Had my first official appointment... dating ultrasound went well and also visit with my doctor. Pretty uneventful, next appointment in 4 weeks and also NT scan... I opted against the NIPT because $350 doesn't seem too worth it! I'll just stick to the genetic testing my insurance covers. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have an OB appointment on Wednesday. Nothing fancy. I'm just waiting on my NIPT results...they will hopefully be in before Friday! And a GP appointment next Thursday.
  • Options
    I have an appointment with my OB on Wednesday. Excited to hear the heartbeat again. 
  • Options
    Hi folks,
    I had a blood test today to measure my HCG levels.

********TW 
    This was a follow up from a test last week after an ultrasound where we didn't hear the heartbeat. I was supposed to be ten weeks but measured only 7. It made some sense that the date was just wrong so they schedule a blood test the next day to measure my HCG levels. It indicated normal range for 7 weeks. So I have spent the last week hoping for the best and preparing for the worst, all the while continuing to experience my regular pregnancy symptoms. My levels today have fallen by almost half so it seems like a loss. I have a second ultrasound in a few days to confirm. This is my first pregnancy. I wasn't really sure where to post about this, so hopefully it's okay to put it here. 

**********TW
  • Options
    @jandawg I'm so sorry, please be kind to yourself <3 
  • Options
    @jandawg I’m so sorry ❤️
  • Options
    @jandawg I’m so sorry to hear that. Please take care of yourself. Big hugs ❤️ 
  • Options
    Thanks all, I really appreciate your kind words! 
  • Options
    @jandawg I'm so sorry to hear this. I wish you strength to face the next several days.
  • Options
    @jandawg I’m so sorry. 💜

I have an appointment with a new midwife tomorrow. Fingers crossed I like this one better. Mostly just anxious about the weigh in at this point. 😒
  • Options
    I'm so sorry @jandawg :(
  • Options
    Sending you lots of happy thoughts @jandawg.

*TW*
    My first appointment was supposed to be Thursday, but we unfortunately had an ER visit this morning. I started bleeding after I walked the dogs (and had some spotting Sunday). Went to the ER and thank god there was a little jellybean in there with a strong heartbeat and my hcg levels were high. This was our first u/s, we'll need to have a follow up one next week. At this point my pregnancy is "threatened" and the doctor said "in limbo" for the next couple weeks. A very stressful scary morning. Going to take it easy and hopefully this bean keeps sticking. 
  • Options
    @meandlittleb - thank you so much, wishing you well and sending good thoughts your way!
  • Options
    @meandlittleb I'm glad your little bean is still ok, I hope your US next week goes well <3 
  • Options
    I’m so sorry @jandawg.

I hope everything goes well for you @meandlittleb

I have a spontaneous appointment tomorrow for follow up blood work. I had a call from the OB to tell me my HCG levels were really high and they need a follow up test. I am hoping it is nothing and trying not to worry. I had had a ultrasound at 9w 1d and there was only one. I was on track for my EDD, and nothing about abnormalities were mentioned then or at my 2nd appointment last week.
  • Options
    Had my first appointment today. I am 2 days ahead of what I thought I was so that makes me 10 weeks today. Strong & healthy little gummy bear in there! They said everything looks great so far. They told me my anxiety/depression meds are safe during pregnancy so I can start taking them again and I’m so excited to feel more like myself again. ❤️
  • Options
    I'm so sorry @jandawg. Huge hugs! Please take care of yourself  ❤️

@meandlittleb my fingers are crossed that everything goes well!

I have my 3hr GTT tomorrow morning. I was supposed to do it Monday but had to reschedule it because of a sick kiddo. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the love 💕 really appreciate it  

@nopegoat Good luck on your big test, I know from my sister's experience that one is zero fun!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry @jandawg <3
    @meandlittleb hope everything works out!!

I have my first u/s in an hour. Excited but nervous.

• Options
    U/S went well! Apparently I have a tilted uterus so couldn't really see baby on abdominal scan, but got a good view with TV. Phew! That blank screen made me soooo nervous at first 😰
  • Options
    Done with the 3hr GTT. Looks like I passed but just barely so they want me to go ahead and watch my diet. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    Just had my 12 week appointment even though I’m 11+1 today. 

Couldnt find the hb with the Doppler and I experienced a very scary 15 minutes. Thankfully, an U/S showed a very healthy baby with a hb of 168 just hiding behind an anterior placenta. 
  • Options
    Thanks again folks for your kind thoughts - it's much appreciated. I hope everyone has a restful holiday.
  • Options
    Yesterday I had my first ultrasound and appointment at 9 weeks. Baby had a strong heartbeat of 164, but was measuring a few days behind at 8 w and 4 d. I'm not surprised, because I think I ovulated a few days late. I also learned that I have an ovarian cyst and a subchorionic hemotoma so that was a little scary. 

DH teared up in the ultrasound with happy tears, and it finally hit him that I'm pregnant. He hasn't been very understanding about me not feeling well lately, because he felt "overwhelmed" by picking up extra work around house with our daughter. But after seeing the baby on the ultrasound he apologized and has stepped it up. :) 
  • Options
    @quinniebear I have a tilted uterus too (at least I did in an u/s to make sure my IUD was in place back in May). Did they do a transvaginal on you instead? I have my second u/s (NT scan) next week and I’m nervous they won’t be able to see it! 
  • Options
    @rgn12 I have a tilted uterus and had an abdominal scan 8+4 and at 9+4 and was able to see and measure baby just fine.  The further along you get the more the uterus rights itself due to the weight of the baby so you shouldn't have a problem at 12 weeks.  And if they are having trouble getting any measurements they'll just get out the TV probe. 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    @strickland8052 that's so great!! Glad you're getting the support you really need now. Hope you start to feel better too!
  • Options
    @rgn12 I also have a retroverted uterus. For me they needed to do the transvaginal even at my 11 week scan in order to see the heartbeat etc. I haven't had one since so I imagine if they did one now (12+3) they wouldn't need the internal one anymore. By 12 weeks with DD they only did transabdominal .
  • Options
    I have my appointment with the genetic counselor tomorrow to get my NIPT blood draw. I'm extremely nervous but all I can do is think happy thoughts!
  • Options
    @literatureandink Good luck tomorrow <3 
  • Options
    quinniebearquinniebear member
    edited December 2018
    @rgn12 yeah she tried abdominal first and it was totally empty looking but then she said she saw the baby hanging out in a corner but wanted to do a transvaginal to get a better look.  Once she did that it was like, bam! baby.  It was pretty scary at first though :neutral:
    ETA I'm 10w but she said once the baby bump pops out that won't be an issue.
  • Options
    I had my 10 week appointment yesterday and baby was SO ACTIVE! It was hilarious to watch. Kicking, spinning, hands in the air (like you just don’t care!)! So amazing.
  • Options
    Thanks @quinniebear, @Panaceia, and @coco2787! And thanks for the heads up @quinniebear just in case that does happen to me. I’ll be 12w3d for my u/s next week! So maybe big enough to see on abdominal? 
  • Options
    @strickland8052 I had an ovarian cyst discovered when I was pregnant with my first. It was never an issue during the pregnancy, although it was large enough that I had it removed after he was born. Hope it isn’t an issue for you either! 
  • Options
    Had my first appointment on Monday. Was NOT expecting the TV ultrasound - anyone else have the experience of trying not to pee during the whole thing?! (Or was that just me?) Got the full blood work up done too. Still waiting to hear back on the results of that.