Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TFAS w/o 12/17

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.** 
**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

Number you are trying for: 

Month/Cycle:

WTO/TWW:

Ages of other child(ren):

Thoughts about this cycle:

Questions:

Rant/Rave/Brag:

GTKY: Did you ever go sleuthing to look for Christmas presents early? Did you ever find any? Where are you planning on hiding the presents in the future?

Re: TFAS w/o 12/17

• Options
    Number you are trying for: 2

Month/Cycle: 0

WTO/TWW: WFAF

Ages of other child(ren): 17 months

Thoughts about this cycle:  After a week of all most there opks, I got a blazing positive last night and can finally confirm O. Now just need AF to show up so I can get this show on the road. Based on my LP from my previous cycles when TTC for DD,  I expect that AF should arrive late next week. 

Questions: None

Rant/Rave/Brag: We took DD to the mall to see Santa over the weekend. I wasn't sure how she was going to react, but she loved Santa and her picture came out amazing. I think it helped that the all the kids in line in front of us were a bit older and weren't afraid. Had there been another toddler crying and freaking out, she probably would have been terrified. 

GTKY: Did you ever go sleuthing to look for Christmas presents early? Did you ever find any? Where are you planning on hiding the presents in the future? Yes, my brother and I used to go searching for them all the time. We would always find them and shake the boxes to see if we could figure out what was inside.  Right now, I don't have to worry about that since DD is so young. We'll probably just hide them in my closet as she gets older. 
    Me: 36  DH: 40
    Together since 2007 | Married June 2013

TTC #1: June 2015
    BFP: 11/9/16 |  EDD: 7/22/17
       <3 DD born 7/16/17

TTC #2: December 2018
    BFP: 2/26/19 | EDD: 11/7/19
    <3 DS born 11/3/19 

TTC #3: January 2024
    Mirena out 1/23/24
  • Options
    Number you are trying for: 3

Month/Cycle: 3/3

WTO/TWW: I *think* TWW, need a few more temps to confirm 

Ages of other child(ren): DS 3.5, DD 1.5

Thoughts about this cycle: Terrible 

Rant/Rave/Brag: hangovers are especially cruel as a parent. I’m also so tired of coughing and being congested. This plague has been neverending for us. 

GTKY: My mom was a last minute shopper so there was nothing to ever go look for. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @klstone25 Glad pics with santa went well. That was not the case for my DD. She wouldn’t stop crying until he was out of her sight. 
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Month/Cycle: 8

WTO/TWW: WTO

Ages of other child(ren): 1.5ish

Thoughts about this cycle: Hope, always hope.

Questions: ...

Rant/Rave/Brag: Little dude is currently plotting his escape from the confines of our house since he now takes his chair (it’s plastic) and puts it in front of the front door and jiggles the handle and deadbolt. He also turns the lights on and off, lol. We’re not too concerned yet since he doesn’t have the strength or knowledge to coordinate the door opening...but it’s coming. LOL.

GTKY: Did you ever go sleuthing to look for Christmas presents early? Did you ever find any? Where are you planning on hiding the presents in the future?
    I think my sisters and I tried looking for presents early but we were always unsuccessful. I should ask my Mom where she hid them all...DH said him and his sister ALWAYS looked for and found (!!) some. Crazy! I think we’re planning on hiding them in our car’s trunk as the kid(s) get older. Should be good, eh?

eta formatting
  • Options
    @MotherofDragons I hope you feel better and I'm sorry that you don't feel great about this cycle.  As for Santa, your experience is how I envisioned our visit with Santa would be. The week before we were at a Christmas party where someone dressed up as Santa and she was crying non-stop. My nephew was also there (he'll be 3 next month) and he had a complete meltdown when he saw Santa, so I don't think that helped either.  

<3 DD born 7/16/17

<3 DS born 11/3/19 

Mirena out 1/23/24
  • Options
    @Mother0fDragons - I have pretty much stopped drinking completely since we had our son because there is NO way I want to be hungover and deal with all that mess!! It always takes WAY longer to recover than it did 10 years ago!!! Sorry you aren't feeling well!
    @klstone25 you seem optimistic for what's coming next, that is good.  It's such an emotional roller coaster to be on during this process!! Glad you got a postive OPK!  And our son is apporoaching 2 1/2 and wanted nothing to do with Santa again this year!

Number you are trying for:  2

Month/Cycle: I guess this will be our 2nd month of really "trying"

WTO/TWW: WTO, day 3 of cycle

Ages of other child(ren):  just over 2

Thoughts about this cycle: I hope it happens sooner than later- is all I have to say really 

Questions: Has anyone used the Ava fertility bracelet??? Is anyone using the clear blue OPK's??? When I was active on these boards in 2015- lots of people were using Wondfo's- which I've never been overly fond of.  I typically buy the dollar store OPKS.  Just wondering if the extra $$ on the clear blue one's is worth it???  I don't have reason to believe that I have multiple surges or that the tests are not accurate, I do think they are pretty spot on for the most part.

Rant/Rave/Brag: Not much, just ready to move on!  And, because I'm 38- I'm REALLY over aunt flow......

GTKY: Did you ever go sleuthing to look for Christmas presents early? Did you ever find any? Where are you planning on hiding the presents in the future?  We would snoop I think and sometimes we were lucky, but I think more often than not, we never found anything!!  We have 2 different attics, both are a little difficult to access, so those would be my first spots to hide something.  We also have a decent sized safe- but we couldn't put a bike or anything major in there.
  • Options
    @MNturnsVA I use both Wondfos and the CB Advanced. I primarily use the wondfos to get a baseline and then when I see the beginnings of a surge, I use the CB to confirm. Doing it this way I can usually get a longer use out of the CB Advanced. 

And as for the optimism --- I'm really trying to be optimistic this time around, but it's so incredibly hard not to bring up all the emotional baggage from my first experience with TTC.  It took 16 months to conceive DD and not knowing why it took that long is the hardest part this time around.  I was in between OBGYN offices and was waiting for my new patient visit to discuss testing when I got my BFP.  I don't know if there was/is some underlying issue and we just got lucky last time.  Talking to the MW during my appointment to get the IUD removed two weeks ago helped me a lot mentally. As much as I want to hope that it will be easier this time around, I feel better knowing that we have a plan in place if it isn't.  

<3 DD born 7/16/17

<3 DS born 11/3/19 

Mirena out 1/23/24
  • Options
    @klstone25 I sincerely hope it happens fast for you this time! I know a couple people who took a year + to get KU with their first and had no trouble the second time around. HOWEVER, I also know that I am a person who got KU on the first try last time, and I'm now at cycle 7. Like you said, the most frustrating thing is not knowing! Not knowing if there's some issue that's keeping it from happening this time around. Having a plan makes a huge difference! I plan to make a plan (lol) with my OB at my appt on Friday. 

@lillywonderland that's so cute about your DS! Little dude has one foot out the door. My DD is short for her age and I'm thankful because she still has to ask me to open doors for her and I'm like "nope". (I'm 5'10" so I'm sure it's only a matter of time until her growth spurt)

@MNturnsVA I used CBs this cycle and last! They are spendy but I must say they are soooo easy to use. I used drugstore cheapies before that. Not sure they're worth the $$$. My DD doesn't leave me alone long enough to do the ones that you have to look at in 4-5 minutes, so I like that you can pee on a CB, and come back later and get your answer. 

@Mother0fDragons it is so hard being sick with kids. They expect everythIng from you no matter how you feel! 

What number are you trying for? 2 

Month/cycle: 7

WTO /TWW: I think TWW but not totally sure. 

Ages of other children: just over 2

Thoughts about this cycle? Not particularly hopeful. But also can't help wishing for a Christmas miracle still. 

Questions: nah

R/R/brag: DD is potty training and gets a lot of praise when she goes in the potty. This morning she was in the bathroom with me and I sat down to pee. When she heard the tinkle, she looked at me and said "I'm so proud of you, Mommy". I loled so hard. 

GTKY: oh yeah. My brother and I were all over the house looking for stuff. Usually my mom kept presents at her work because of that (:

• Options
    @klstone25 We’re afraid DS would hate Santa so we’re not planning on taking him this year. I’m glad you got a fantastic picture out of your experience and it wasn’t as bad as you thought!!

@MotherofDragons I’m sorry that you are still feeling ill! I hope your house has a miraculous recovery in time for Christmas!!

@MNturnsVA I just use the wondfos. They seem to work okay for me. There are some ladies on here that use the Ava bracelet but that’s for charting your BBT and I’ve heard it’s not good if you have long or irregular cycles.
  • Options
    @klstone25- i gotcha.....I'm in a place I didn't really expect to find myself emotionally......I expected we would have been actively TTC about a year ago- and thanks to some job changes, and emotional things that went along with that- we are on the upswing of our marriage compared to where we were 6 months ago.  I'm 38, my hubby is 46, and the further we get away from having a newborn, the harder it gets to want to go back to all that.  I was freaking out during the TWW because our timing was spot on- or so I thought- and I wasn't sure that I really wanted to do this again.  And then, AF showed up, and I've been bummed about that, and wishing that it hadn't.  Hormones are the WORST.......I'm so torn, like I want to try at least, but as you mentioned, the having to actively TTC for so long wrecks your mind and your heart.  And because we are older, I'm kind of along the lines of we will do this for 6 months, and if nothing happens in that time frame- then it wasn't meant to be.  We *could* try longer than 6 months- but I really don't know that I want to go through all that.....especially since we are older.  It's so hard- I;m scared of the what if we did have another, adjusting from the 3 of us to the 4 of us, but then I'm also afraid that I will regret what if we don't at least try???  Hormones.....Hormones do NOT do me ANY favors.
  • Options
    Number you are trying for: 2

Month/Cycle: 1/?

WTO/TWW:  **TW: loss** Not completely sure. I had a MMC on Nov 16 and haven't had AF yet.  We're currently not using backup BC.

Ages of other child(ren): 25 months

Thoughts about this cycle: Not much other than not knowing where I am in it.

Questions: Not really.

Rant/Rave/Brag: I work at an employee owned company, so every year in December, we get a profit sharing bonus.  I just paid off all my credit cards and put the rest in savings, and I feel like someone lifted a piano off my shoulders!  We've come a long way since we hired our financial adviser 3 years ago!

GTKY: Did you ever go sleuthing to look for Christmas presents early? Did you ever find any? Where are you planning on hiding the presents in the future?  I've always hated ruining surprises, and I always get mad when I accidentally ruin one.  I never really snooped, but I do remember finding one of my little brother's gifts one year, and that was the year I found out for sure there wasn't a Santa.  We'll probably hide ours in the workshop under the garage and cover them in tarps and keep it locked up.
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    @MNturnsVA We're using the CB OPKs. Not doing Advanced, but i've had luck with the basic ones and they've been pretty good with detecting the LH surge every month. I switched to CB from Easy@Home sticks I ordered off Amazon...while much more affordable, I had the hardest time detecting change in color compared to the test strip. So figured a happy face would be a lot easier to detect a positive and less stress. 

@klstone25 Glad Santa pics went well. We did ours yesterday too! So fun

Number you are trying for:  3 (2nd bio)

Month/Cycle: 10 looonnnng months/cycles

WTO/TWW: TWW (4dpo)

Ages of other child(ren):  My son is 6.5 / DH's son is 5

Thoughts about this cycle: I'm hopeful, but DH is still very low sperm count, so it would be a nice surprise :)

Questions: Not yet, still learning all the abbreviations on here. ::first week poster::

Rant/Rave/Brag: Just found out from my insurance they don't cover any fertility diagnosis or treatment. So that's fun. Meeting with RE on Wednesday to discuss trying IUIs, and really not looking forward to out of pocket costs. 

Oh totally! My mom was super sneaky - she studied Russian growing up, so she would leave out her Xmas shopping lists written in Russian right on the kitchen table for us to see. I remember my brother and I going crazy trying to decipher what she was buying us. Wouldn't work in today's technological age with all the translating apps and google and whatnot. 
    We have some cabinets in the garage where everything is currently hidden. Too high up for the kids to get to, so feel pretty safe there for now. 
  • Options
    @MNturnsVA the possible "regret thing" is always what gets me. I'm great with just one, love being a mom, pretty sure I want another, but I sway back and forth on that decision all year long. In the end, I'm not sure I could live with the "I wish I would have had another but it's too late". Exactly. Damn hormones!!!!
  • Options

Month/Cycle: 2

WTO/TWW: TWW

Ages of other child(ren): 16 months today!

Thoughts about this cycle: I don't know what's going on anymore and I keep getting hot flashes really bad if AF doesn't show up soon I'm going to call my doc.

Rant/Rave/Brag: just have to finish this shift and I have 10 days off. With my schedule every 3 weeks I get a 10 day break and I love it! Hospital schedules are the best.

GTKY: Did you ever go sleuthing to look for Christmas presents early? Did you ever find any? Where are you planning on hiding the presents in the future? Yes I'm nosy but only because my anxiety makes me hate surprises.

@klstone25 aw I'm so glad your got a good santa pic! 

@MotherofDragons I'm sorry your not feeling good about this cycle. And I second that hangover comment. I actually don't even care for the taste of alcohol post baby unfortunately.

@lillywonderland haha that's so funny! My son is afraid of most things in life so he's not even attempted to crawl into the couch yet. We have him in gymnastics but he is still really nervous.

@MNturnsVA I've been considering the AVA bracelet too. It's so pricey though and I conceived my son first try so I'm still being optimistic i won't need much help.

• Options

Month/Cycle: 4

WTO/TWW: WTO CD 11

Ages of other child(ren): 5.5 and 3.5

Thoughts about this cycle: Optimistic. I had my Mirena removed in September and each cycle gets a little more "normal" for me.

Questions: I haven't noticed huge changes in my CM since getting my IUD out. Is that a huge deal? Maybe it's just bc I'm getting older? I was going to ask my OB at my yearly exam which WAS last week but I had to move it bc DS got sick.

Rant/Rave/Brag: Bragging bc both kids are back in school today. They were both sick Wed and Thurs of last week, then we had a super busy weekend, and they were sick yesterday. Momma needs some peace and quiet and a chance to get stuff done!

GTKY: Did you ever go sleuthing to look for Christmas presents early? Did you ever find any? Where are you planning on hiding the presents in the future? Not on purpose, but I have accidentally found some before. My closet is my current hiding spot. 
  • Options
    @jennifer_louise DD has been PT for almost exactly a year and she still occasionally congratulates me for using the potty. Usually in public bathrooms 🤦‍♀️

@MNturnsVA I totally feel you on the hormones and being all over the place. Last cycle, I had a major freak out and told DH that I wanted to stop trying.  The stress of other things going on just got to me and my anxiety was through the roof. But in my heart I know our family isnt complete. 
  • Options
    @klstone25 glad your Santa visit went well! This was our 3rd Christmas in a row of a bad picture lol.

@MotherofDragonshangovers are significantly worse with kids. Adding being sick on top of it is terrible. Hope you’re feeling better soon!

@lillywonderland that’s about the time I had to put the doorknob covers on all the doors. We still have them on the front and back doors since ds unlocks the door and leaves if we don’t. 

@MNturnsVA I’ve been wanting to get the Ava bracelet but can’t bring myself to spend that much money. 

@shamrocandroll congratulations on paying off all that debt! What an amazing feeling! We are currently following Dave Ramsey and it’s amazing the progress we’ve made in only 4 months.

@wcolemanaz welcome! Hopefully the iui isn’t crazy expensive

@daisy0322 enjoy your 10 days off!

@mommyshark13 enjoy your day today! Hoping it’s nice and productive for you.

Month/Cycle: 25/idk 

WTO/TWW: wfaf

Ages of other child(ren): 3.5

Thoughts about this cycle: I thought there was a possibility of success this cycle since we messed up being benched, but I’m kind of thankful it didn’t happen so we can get all the testing done. 

Questions: Has anyone had to deal with teaching their toddler the appropriate time to get out of bed in the morning? DS has been allllll over the place with wake up times, the most recent being 4am, 3am and, my favorite, 12:50am. It’s not just waking up crying or making noise. It’s full on running into my room waking me up, saying he’s ready for the day. I ordered an “ok to wake up” clock. Fingers crossed it works. He slept better when he was a newborn 🤦🏻‍♀️. 

Rant/Rave/Brag: My brother comes in for Christmas on Friday and I can’t wait to see him! It’s been 2 years since he last saw ds, so I’m really excited for them to hang out. Ds has got all sorts of plans for them lol. 

GTKY: Did you ever go sleuthing to look for Christmas presents early? Did you ever find any? Where are you planning on hiding the presents in the future? I never went looking for them at my parents. I knew where they were, but I’ve always liked the surprise of opening them on Christmas. I now hide the presents all over the house, depending on who they are for lol. 
  • Options
    @klstone25 - I hope the positive was O for you! It's weird waiting for AF expectantly, lol.
    I'm also wondering why it took so long with my first. We were planning our 12 cycle fertility appointment when I got the positive (after 10 cycles).

@lillywonderland - DD tries unlocking doors with pretend keys, but I'm worried for the time when she has the hand strength to open the door. What do you plan on doing? Deadbolts?
    Also, did you ever ask your mom about the presents?

@MNturnsVA - I'm not using the Ava because of $$ and it doesn't work as well with irregular cycles, like mine. I also stopped using OPKs after multiple surges in a cycle.

@jennifer_louise - I have also heard that 2nd babies are easier, but here I am at 7/8 cycles, and still counting. It's so discouraging.
    Oh my word, your DD is so cute! I put DD on the potty yesterday after she watched me go pee, and she started making noises with her mouth to copy the pee sound. She has yet to go in the potty, but we are just acclimating her to the toilet right now.

@shamrocandroll - Welcome to our corner of the TTGP world. I hope your stay here isn't long, and I'm sorry for your loss. 
    Hooray for no more CC debt! That's a huge accomplishment.

Month/Cycle: 8/7

WTO/TWW: TWW, WFAF

Ages of other child(ren): 14 months

Thoughts about this cycle: Disappointed. This is all I've wanted since we started TTC in May, and thinking about TTC in March. I wanted 2 under 2, and this was the last cycle that would have made that happen. 

Rant/Rave/Brag: I swear DD has been saying "What's that" and "Whose that" as she points to things and people, but isn't it a little young to be putting phrases like that together? Probably just my wishful thinking. But I'm so glad she's made great strides in her vocabulary since her 12 month visit. The ped was a tiny bit worried about her speech last time.

I once found presents in my mom's closet, and none of them were mine, but after that, it spoiled the surprise so much that I never looked for any again. DH tries to get me to open mine early or guess, but I refuse.
    I'll probably hide them in DH's closet shelf behind stuff, or just wrap them right away.
  • Options
    lcking82lcking82 member
    edited December 2018
    @klstone25:  glad to hear Santa meeting went well!  We didn't make it to his chair this year, but we gave him a high five and a fist bump.

@lillywonderland and @marebear15:  we added a hotel-style security bar to our "most dangerous" exits (we have a pool), b/c DD was also an escape artist.  

@MNturnsVA:  I was using the Clearblue advanced, with the blinky smiley for estrogen and solid for LH.  Found it to be more confusing for me, honestly.  I think I have long estrogen rises (days on days of blinky face), then short LH surges (solid face), so I kept missing things....I've swapped back to Wondfo.  I also tried some cheapies from Walgreens, but find Wondfo to be much easier to read.  On the Walgreens ones, I ALWAYS have a moderate test line, no matter when in cycle I test.  And it never seems to get darker than the test, even when I surge.  The Wondfo stays very dim, until I surge.  I do agree with jennifer_louise, the fact that it shows you your result again when you eject the strip is NICE.  I would use it, then shower, then eject the strip to see result.  No need to set a timer and return.

@jennifer_louise that's adorable for her to praise you for going potty.  Ha ha.

@shamrocandroll:  Way to go on the debt payoff!  I'm working on massive student loans and cannot wait to get them paid off!!!

@daisy0322:  I'm so sorry this cycle has been so long and frustrating.  Ugh.

@kbrown2385 : some of my friends with 3-5 year-olds love that alarm clock!!  One of our friends couldn't keep their son in BED, but the clock tells him to stay quietly in his room, which has helped.  They picked out several toys he could play with until it turned green, and he really enjoyed his "independence"

@marebear15:  I was rooting for you SO HARD this cycle.  I'm so sorry about the BFN.

-----------------------------
    Number you are trying for:  2

Month/Cycle:  Cycle 6

WTO/TWW:  WTO

Ages of other child(ren):  will be 2.5 on Jan 1!!!

Thoughts about this cycle:  Really, really, really getting hopeful that this is THE ONE

Questions:  nah

Rant/Rave/Brag:  Daycare program was today, and DD was so adorable.  Then she saw me at the end and had a small meltdown that I wasn't snuggling her.  Poor thing.  Also - last night we went to a light show at a park near us, and she did her first pony ride.  She LOVED it, and started saying she wants a pony.  Wanted to ride over and over!

GTKY: Did you ever go sleuthing to look for Christmas presents early? Did you ever find any? Where are you planning on hiding the presents in the future?  YES!  I found my Christmas present early one year.  I was probably around 6, and young enough that I still really believed in Santa hardcore.  I convinced myself that Santa just had to drop off some things a little early, in order to get everything done in one night.  That same year, I actually got a surprise crimping iron (for hair) in the mail.  My mom still talks about how surprised (and slightly scared) they were, but it was from an organization that would take some random Santa letters from the mail and send a few "small" santa gifts.  So I totally believed in the magic for a few more years!!  No idea where I will hide stuff, yet.  

• Options
    @marebear15 I wanted 2 under 2 when we were trying for DD. They ended up being just over 2 years apart and it has been wonderful. FX that this is your cycle!
  • Options
    @lcking82 I’m happy to hear people have good experiences with it! I’m introducing it tonight and he seems pretty excited about it. Keeping my fingers crossed for you this cycle! 

@marebear15 so sorry about this cycle. Keeping my hopes up for you getting out of here sooner rather than later! 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 @marebear15 I'm with you guys - I like the surprise of gifts now, no spoilers! 

@lcking82 hoping this is the one for you too! And glad the daycare program was cute, even though she had a meltdown at the end. Those programs when they're so little are sooo cute!
  • Options
    Dang, @marebear15, I am so sorry. 
  • Options
    @marebear15 Hugs, friend. ❤️ Your day will come, I am so sorry for how you feel today. We've all been there, so lay it on us! 

@lcking82 I hope this is the *one* too!!

@kbrown2385 I'm sorry your DS is waking up at all hours! My DD does the same thing sometimes. Are you able to get him back to bed? It's mixed for me. Sometimes I can convince her that it's still night but always have to cuddle her in our bed which means very bad sleep for me. 
  • Options
    @jennifer_louise depending on the time, I can get him back into his bed. There have been a few times I’ve made him get into bed with me (when he’s gotten up at 4 or 5am) and put on his shows while I doze. Those times he’s also fallen back asleep. I think he’s just waking up randomly and automatically thinks he’s slept all night and it’s time to play. I just want some decent, uninterrupted sleep. Is that too much to ask? 🤣
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    @jennifer_louise I’m totally with you on the why isn’t it happening train. It only took a couple months for DS and here we are now on month 8...are we doing it wrong?!? Lol! I honestly think it’s a mystery why it happens when it does. I’m still trying to be zen-like about TTC but it is getting hard fast. On the plus side, we are having lots of sexy time so that’s nice!! 😉

@shamrocandroll I’m so sorry for your loss. I truly hope you get your rainbow baby soon. Also - props to you for paying down some debt!! 

@wcolemanaz, @mommyshark13 Hello and welcome!! I hope your stay here is short and sweet!!

@marebear15 So I did end up asking my mom where she hid all the presents - she said it was a combo of under her bed, in the closet, in the car trunk and also in some bins in our cellar. I thought it was very interesting! I think we are going to have to invest in some door knob covers soon. We have the lever kind on our front door...but we also have a deadbolt up high on that door, way higher than he can reach. Ugh. Why are kids so dang smart?!? Lol!! Also, your DD sounds adorable with her little phrases!! How cute!! Also, many hugs...I was also hoping to be a part of the 2u2 club but it didn’t happen. It sucks so much to want something so badly and know that you tried everything to get it and still nothing. 

@kbrown2385 We are still in the crib, so we haven’t had to deal with that problem (although I feel like it’s coming since he likes to attempt to throw his leg over the crib rail). My sister had success with the wake up clock for my niece! I’m hoping you will also!

@icking82 I saw a “giant” stuffed horse in the store the other day...maybe you can get her that instead of a real horse?!? Lol!! FX this cycle is the *one* for you!!

*eta tags. I wasn’t done bump!
  • Options
    @marebear15 ugh I'm so sorry about the BFN this cycle I really thought this would be your month.  <3
  • Options
     Month/Cycle: 6/6
     WTO/TWW: CD 8
     Ages of other child(ren): 2
    Thoughts about this cycle: too early to know
    Questions:
     Rant/Rave/Brag: today we got Bells’ school pictures and they are SO CUTE. ♥️
     GTKY: Did you ever go sleuthing to look for Christmas presents early? Did you ever find any? Where are you planning on hiding the presents in the future? I never looked I love surprises! I will probably hide ours in the attic or the basement. 

@klstone25 we had the opposite Santa experience both last year and this year! It’s though  because I feel guilty putting her through the experience like I’m traumatizing her. 

@Mother0fDragons I can’t handle drinking much at all anymore. Being hung over with a toddler is seriously the worst.

@MNturnsVA we are the same age and have same aged kids! I thought about the Ava after a few months of temping and having so much anxiety over it. I’m going to try OPKs for a few months and see how that goes before shelling out the money. 

I understand the stress of getting older and enjoying the freedom with having your kids get older. Going back to the newborn stage terrifies me. Pumping. No sleep. Missing four months of work. But my daughter has brought us so much joy. We will make it work! 
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Options
    krassa0315krassa0315 member
    edited December 2018

Month/Cycle: 1

Ages of other child(ren): 1.5 and 3.5 ish

Thoughts about this cycle: This is our first cycle that we’re planning to “try” I’ve been off of BC since October but we were using other backup methods. I’m in a wedding in June that I’ll have to travel cross-country (alone with both kids) for so I’m a little scared to take that on while pregnant but that’s why we’ve waited this long to really start trying.

Questions: Has anyone ever dealt with telling a friend/family member who’s dealing with infertility that they’re expecting? My brother in law and SIL have been trying for a while and will probably have to pursue fertility treatments but can’t really afford it. I’m already nervous to tell them that we’re expecting again when/if the time comes. Any advice to help them feel loved? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: n/a

GTKY: Did you ever go sleuthing to look for Christmas presents early? Did you ever find any? Where are you planning on hiding the presents in the future? Yes! I found them the year I was in fourth grade in my moms closet. I have no idea where we’ll hide them when we need to (right now my closet is good enough) but hopefully we have a bigger house by then with good hiding spots!

@klstone25 That’s awesome that your LO was ok with Santa, both of my kids have freaked out at that age! My 18 month old keeps saying “sad” when she sees a picture of him, haha. 

@MNturnsVA I’ve been there with the changing hormones and unsure if we want another. I’m still not 100% sure I can handle #3 some days but I’m jumping on the crazy train anyways! 
  • Options
    @lcking82 I love how you rationalized Santa dropping stuff off early. And I have everything crossed for you this cycle!!! 

@kbrown2385 We used that clock when my son was 2.5. He’s such a stinker and would hit the button that would light it up and call me because his light was green. I hope it goes better for you guys. 
  • Options
    @MotherofDragons well he woke up about 45 minutes ahead of the green light coming on and screamed mommy until I let him out of his room. It was better than him busting into my room and scaring the hell out of me, so...progress 😂
  • Options

Number you are trying for:  #3

Month/Cycle: 13/13

WTO/TWW: TWW 3 dpo

Ages of other child(ren): 4.5 & 2

Thoughts about this cycle: Just trying to keep my hopes in check, we had really good timing and now is the time I start obsessing and planning when to test but this cycle I’d just like to see what happens.

Questions: Nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: We’ve decided if by June we aren’t KU then we’re throwing the towel in. DH is 36 and doesn’t want a newborn and doing that whole thing all over again when we have 2 older kids who have a routine and are pretty independent.

GTKY: Did you ever go sleuthing to look for Christmas presents early? Did you ever find any? Where are you planning on hiding the presents in the future? Yes always! I am the master lol I would open presents and re-wrap them. Now as an adult my DH is too lazy to go out and think of anything on his own so I just tell him what to get me so no surprises there.

• Options
    krassa0315  when we were expecting we told our friends going through infertility first. I think even before we called our parents because neither of our parents answered. Our friends appreciated not finding out through any one else and when I was starting my third trimester they found out they were expecting. 

MNturnsVA I have been looking into the Ava bracelet the last few days. I think I'd like using it if it took the stress and guess work out of temping and some of the charting.. but I also know it's expensive. I used wondfos for OPKs. I bought clear blue ones once, but at that time I wasn't cycling regularly so I ended up wasting a bunch of money on them since I burned through them during a period I wasn't ovulating. I've never had good luck with wondfos either really. 

Month/Cycle: not even one yet, still waiting for post partum period- stopped nursing 11 weeks ago

Ages of other child(ren): 15 months

Thoughts about this cycle: Getting super annoyed, still waiting for my cycle to return. have a call into the doc, but it's never been returned and I need to follow up. 

Questions: Has anyone ever used Vitex or another natural way to induce ovulation? I am starting to get desperate over here. 

Rant/Rave/Brag:

GTKY: Did you ever go sleuthing to look for Christmas presents early? Did you ever find any? Where are you planning on hiding the presents in the future? I didn't.. like PP my mom did not plan ahead well and probably went out to buy most things the final days before. 
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • Options
    klstone25klstone25 member
    edited December 2018
    Sorry, work's been crazy busy this week and I haven't been on here nearly as much as I wanted to be.

@jennifer_louise Thanks! It would amazing if I got to be a special snowflake this time around, but if not, I'll be happy with the testing plan we have in place.  Good luck with your appointment tomorrow. I hope that this is it for you and that you don't even need a plan.  <3

@MNturnsVA I feel you 100%. Just do what ever you feel is best for you and your H whether that means trying or not trying after 6 months.   And hormones are the worst..  Given that my first real pp AF will be coming in the next week or so (I had what I would call 2 light periods on the IUD), I'm expecting this to be me real soon... lol  :D 
    Image result for knocked up hormones gif

@shamrocandroll Congrats on paying off your credit card debt!! That's my one of my New Years resolutions for 2019.

@wcolemanaz Welcome! How did your appointment go with the RE? 

@daisy0322 Enjoy your well deserved time off! 

@kbrown2385 How exciting that your brother is coming to visit after so much time! 

@marebear15 Thanks! Based on my temps and positive opk, FF confirmed O on Monday. And it is weird to be willingly waiting for AF. At least I'll have I can have one worry free TWW before I become absolute BSC once we start TTC. lol.     And I'm so sorry for the BFN. Sending you big hugs!  <3<3

@icking82 I'll have my FX that this cycle is it for you!! 

@leksiL I hear you on being scared of the newborn stage again. I think back and remember how exhausted I was with caring for a newborn while EPing. The thought of having to do it all over again with a toddler terrifies me. 

@krassa0315 Welcome! **TW Loss mentioned** A few short weeks after I got my BFP, I found out that one of my best friends had a MC. Her EDD was only three weeks before mine, so I knew it was going to be hard to tell her.**  She was the last person I told. I actually texted her the day before we posted our announcement on Facebook and told her to take as long as she needed to process and respond. While I had not suffered a loss, I knew full well how hard it was for me to see announcements during my 16 months of TTC and I wanted to be respectful of her loss when announcing my pregnancy. 

eta: typo

<3 DD born 7/16/17

<3 DS born 11/3/19 

Mirena out 1/23/24
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 I hope the clock helps! We went through a very long phase of early wake ups when DS was 3.5. It was hell bc usually he wouldn't go back to sleep for at least an hour or 2. Exhausting. What ended up working for him was switching to a twin size bed. Good luck!
  • Options
    @mommyshark13 Last night he work up at 1230, the night before was 3. Explaining the green light wasn’t on so he had to go back to bed and wait
    helped a little. I’m hoping he gets used to it more and he goes back to sleeping through the night. He’s been in a full size bed for a few months now, so not much we can do with that.