week 1 check in 12/17-12/23

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: Favorite holiday movie?

Re: week 1 check in 12/17-12/23

• Loading the player...
  • @cancer2988 I had a lot of anxiety with my first and every once in a while, I start overthinking the movements and go into panic mode. Try drinking cold juice and lying down when you don’t feel movement. It’s worked well for me any time I’ve needed to do it.
  • @cancer2988 I have definitely woken some early mornings concerned that I hadn't felt LO that night. He almost always has an active period in the middle of the night. I think I probably sleep through it sometimes though. DH goes to bed after me and says there have been times when he put his hand on my belly and LO has kicked him back pretty actively.
  • Due date: 3/6

Any appointments? Questions?: regular check up tomorrow (and switch to every 2 weeks) but my regular doc is out of the office so I will meet one of her 2 partners in the practice. It's probably good so that if she's not available when I go into labor I have a 50/50 chance of knowing the doctor who will be there. 

Rants/Raves?: I'm nervous about the tdap shot tomorrow. I usually faint with shots, there has literally only been 1 shot in the last decade that didn't make me faint.

How are you feeling?: excited to not be pregnant anymore and to meet this baby, hahah. I found a new workout subscription that I started yesterday (it's $15/month for 5 sets of workouts per week all prenatal safe) and I hope it helps me be more consistently active. I am pretty sore today but in a good way. Definitely feeling the interrupted sleep, frequent peeing and continuing to be annoyed by some skin break outs.

GTKY: Favorite holiday movie? Does Harry Potter count? Or Mean Girls? We are Jewish so we don't really do typical holiday movies. 
  • Due date: 3/6

Any appointments? Questions?: No more appointments until 12/24

Rants/Raves?: 

Rant: I am sick, and on top of it, have a condition with my immune system where I get the worst hives and my eyes swell shut if I don't take a zyrtec every night (and I am allergic to nothing, so it's extra frustrating).  I've been on that refining since early spring, and this week my eyes have started burning and itching to the point where they're waking me up at night so I have to up my dosage of antihistamines.  :(  Also, waiting at the doctor's office right now and someone else in this waiting room smells like they haven't showered in a month and are possibly in a state of decay.  Barf.

How are you feeling?: pretty heavy and just icky from this cold

Home Alone or Elf!

@lalalauren15 yeah for moving placentas and free steaks and seafood!!!

@novelblessings I hope your blood pressure stays under control.  I would have cried, too, about the restaurant! Nothing like a let down, esp when you're pregnant and it involves food.

• Due date: March 3rd

Any appointments? Questions?: Though I’ve hit third trimester, we’re going to wait another month before my next midwife appointment due to holidays. Anyone remember if they need to get the DTAP shot every pregnancy?

Rants/Raves?: Just so happy to have reached third trimester. 

How are you feeling?: So large. My butt, and thighs, and arms. AND I’m one of those woman that don’t lose weight when nursing. Sigh. 

GTKY: Favorite holiday movie? Eh, Die Hard!

BabyFruit Ticker

• @LoboandSuperNinja yes, you need to get it every pregnancy. I just had mine last year for credentialing purposes at work, and my OB told me I need to get it specifically while pregnant so the baby would see the benefits.  
  • @purplepirate09 yay on passing the 3 hour! I’m with you on the Braxton Hicks! 
  • @purplepirate09 Good for you for going with your gut and taking the test! Congrats on passing!
  • @ashley14598 @mayoduck Thank you! So glad it's done! 
  • @chocolatelemons weird question but your husband doesn’t post to imgur does he? There was a husband showing off a redone fireplace for a pregnant wife on there and it looked incredible!! 

Due date: 3/1

Any appointments? Questions?: Failed the one hour glucose test by a small fraction (just like last pregnancy) now I have to go in for the 3 hour and hopefully pass like last time

Rants/Raves?: Well I’m not sleeping great like most of us, and on top of that my 4y/o has LOST HIS MIND this week. Usually he’s pretty stubborn about eating but will at least eat green beans or fruit. He will not eat anything this week, even his self proclaimed favorite foods, and is throwing tantrums about it. This has cause a lot of problems with DH who has a zero tolerance policy for tantrums, which I generally do too, but it’s the week before Christmas and I just want a little peace lol. I’m hoping everything chills out after the holiday.

How are you feeling?: Tired and large

GTKY: Favorite holiday movie? Muppet Christmas Carol hands down 

• @PhillyBelle No, he doesn’t, but that’s so funny.
  • @bug_hunter Big congratulations on the wedding! I'm sorry the night ended so poorly, though. You have every right to be angry with your MIL for that type of behavior. Wedding guests are not owed the privilege of a +1 and no means no!

An arcade reception sounds super fun! What a great idea!
  • @bug_hunter Sorry about your MIL and the way your night ended. I would have been so heated. Congratulations on the wedding and your new husband!  🎉🎈🎊 
  • @bug_hunter Congratulations on your marriage!! I would have been super pissed at MIL and DH as well though. 
  • @mayoduck @maggiemadeit Thank you both! I'm mostly nervous about how I'm going to deal with this woman once there's a kid. This will be her first grandchild and I know she's excited but I'm secretly hoping she's too lazy to visit us often. Not only is she vain and self-absorbed, but she's a judgmental conspiracy theorist (she just borrowed $6,000 from an ex-boyfriend to get old fillings removed because she was convinced they were killing her). She can be loving and goofy and personable, as well, but I'm REALLY struggling to deal with the more toxic elements of her personality right now. Blah. I know I'm definitely not the only one with in-law problems, though!! 
  • Due date: March 9, but RCS is scheduled for March 6

Any appointments? Questions?: I had my 3-hour glucose test yesterday. My fasting result was 3 points from out of standard and the rest were good. 

Rants/Raves?: Two more work days left until Christmas break! I will have a student teacher for the first 8 weeks of the semester, so I’m looking forward to having some help at school during this last stretch. 

How are you feeling?:  I’m okay. I had some rough moments last week with crying because I feel like this pregnancy is keeping me from being a fair partner to DH and the mom I want to be to DD. I’m super impatient and cranky to boot. 

I have to watch The Family Stone, The Holiday, and Love Actually around Christmas.

• @bug_hunter wow I would be so upset at MIL and DH for disregarding my wishes. I’m sorry that she caused so much drama! Sounds like you had fun overall though and I think the arcade sounds like a blast! 
  • @novelblessings I made it through the vaccine without passing out!! This is only the second shot in ten years that has been ok! The CNAs were so nice and great at distracting me that I didn't feel the actual needle, just the pressure change when they were done! Now I am taking it easy on the couch while DH makes dinner. Thanks for sending good thoughts! As @mayoduck said, my arm is already achey, I hope it doesn't spread. 

@bug_hunter I would be so upset at both of them. Especially because you talked to your husband ahead of time about coming to bed at the same time as you! Congratulations on your wedding, though! I hope you are able to set up some healthy boundaries with your MIL in the next few months! 

• @abbykwail Glad you survived! 
    @bug_hunter Congrats on your wedding! I don’t have anything to add on the MIL front other than I get it. I’ve been dealing with mine for over 10 years now and she lives 5 minutes from us. 
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Thanks to everyone else who chimed in with congrats/sympathies on how the wedding went!

We were considering naming the kid after my husband's late father but now that the MIL is dating a dude with his name, it feels kind of weird. She's coming over in a week because our house is on the way to visit this new guy and I am dreading seeing her. I feel kind of selfish for not wanting to see her over the holidays but I still feel so bitter. I've been dealing with her for 6 years now and it's funny that as soon as she officially became my MIL, I suddenly can't stand the thought of her haha.