June 2019 Moms

Bras and Undies!

I'm pregnant with my first and I'm finally feeling like I need to upgrade to maternity specific undergarments! Any tips? Places to check out that have worked for you? 

Re: Bras and Undies!

• I personally never got maternity specific underwear except for nursing bras that I wore during pregnancy. As for undies I just got larger sizes and things worked out, but I'm sure not everyone is comfortable with this. When preparing my hospital bag I got a few high waist undies as I read somewhere that if for any reason you end up with a c-section you don't want underwear that might hurt your incision site. Thankfully I didn't end up with a c-section but was still comfortable with the high waisties anyway. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Proud supporter of comfy granny panties. I’m plus size and love the Fit for Me Breathable Briefs. Super comfy and non binding. I just got a nursing sports bra from Motherhood but the straps feel like they are too thin and cut into my shoulders (I’m a 42DDD). I love Lane Bryant’s bras and I wish they made nursing bras 😫
  • Loading the player...
  • I went a very easy way with this. Shortly before giving birth, I just bought some cotton the biggest cut they have underwear in a Kmart closing sale, and I went up 2 sizes from my normal size. Thy were super cheap so I really didn’t care if they were destroyed, and they were more than comfy (vaginal birth, no stitches or tears). I still used them after birth and the aftermath for period panties, and I think all of them are actually still surviving. 

I dont wear bras, so I don’t have the best advice here, but just so I could wear pads and keep them on in the first few weeks when i leaked a ton, I bought some super soft nighttime nursing bras from target. They’re just super simple fold over cups, all soft and stretchy material. They worked to hold my pads until I ditched them too and just dealt with the occasional leak. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • I recommend getting properly measured for a bra. But I have always been outside of the normal sizes, so that's been revolutionary for me to find bras that look great, feel great and fit me properly. I really like Nordstroms for getting measured and they have a pretty good variety of styles, brands and sizes. Once I get my size, then I like to shop for things on Bare Necessities or Her Room so I can buy things on sale and in my size. I think the maternity options are good too. 
  • I’ve had a lot of issues with pressure and stuff and have found maternity pants in a size up to be the most comfortable. 

Im wearing a triumph maternity bra but that’s because it’s literally the only brand that I could try on in store that went to my size. The lady that was fitting me said if you’re wearing an underwire bra during pregnancy/nursing you have to make sure it’s the right size and fits properly or it can lead to mastitis, and said it’s not an issue for underwire free bras. Not sure the truth to that though! 
  • I ordered high-waist cotton undies from Amazon that are classified as c-section support. They are super comfy, although not super cute lol. My scar tissue from my prior c-section has been achy so I found these helped a bit. I actually broke my bra the other day, apparently the girls wanted freedom because all I did was move slightly and I blew off the metal clasps on the back lol. I had to go up another cup and band size to find a non pressure fit. I don't know how my sizing might change so I literally just ordered my normal brand with the upped size off ebay to save money in case it doesn't fit for long.