July 2019 Moms
Options

subchorionic hemmhorage

jquellinjquellin member
edited December 2018 in July 2019 Moms
I am now 10w3days. Long story, please scroll down to the bottom for questions if you don’t want to read the story.

The Sunday after Thanksgiving I was out shopping. When without warning (TMI advance notice) I felt as if something plopped out of my vagina. I went to use the restroom and there was more blood than I could imagine, not to leave out the clots that were a tad bigger than a 1/2 dollar). Automatically I think the worst “Oh crap I am miscarrying again” called the hubs and the doc on call...went to the ER. They ran multiple tests and completed an ultrasound. The doctor gave me good news bad news scoop. I have a subchorionic hematoma/ hemmhorage (SCH). I am told it is substantial and have been on bed rest since that day (with the exception of my appointments). I have since heard the heartbeat of our little one and have seen multiple pictures. 

So my questions are:
how many women are out there right now with SCH?
how many women have dealt with SCH and how long did your body take to resolve the hematoma?

TIA

Re: subchorionic hemmhorage

• Options
    8wks pregnant and had SCH just last week. I’m taking progesterones every day and will see this weekend if it clears out.
  • Options
    I had one with my now three year old daughter but my wasn’t huge. I can’t remember the actual measurement but I remember from googling it was in the small to medium size range. It showed up sometime between 10 and 12 weeks (found on ultrasound at 12 weeks) and was gone by my anatomy scan about 6 weeks after discovering it. I was told that the pressure of the growing uterus often causes your body to reabsorb it. I’m not much help when it comes to larger ones though. Sorry you’re dealing with this. Sending lots of good vibes that it keeps shrinking and allows you to enjoy your pregnancy with less worry soon.
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    tsa208tsa208 member
    edited December 2018
    I have a small one now (10w5d).

I had one last pregnancy that got pretty large. It never went away, but it also never caused any complications. I was on pelvic rest (no sex, no exercise) the entire pregnancy and had to be monitored regularly, which wasnt so bad because I got to see our little peanut regularly.

Try not to worry and follow doctor's orders. Good luck!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I also believe there is a dedicated board to SCH somewhere on this site, if that helps.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @tsa208 I have looked for an sch board prior to posting this. Do you know what the board is called? I see plenty of discussions from prior monthly boards... thank you for telling me your story. That gives me hope.
  • Options
    tsa208tsa208 member
    edited December 2018
    @jquellin Oops, it's actually a different website. I don't know if we're allowed to link here, but since there's not a corresponding board on this site, maybe it's okay: 
    https://community.babycenter.com/groups/a2138065/subchorionic_hemorrhage_support_group

My research said that most SCHs resolve themselves by 20 weeks, but I was in the minority that didn't. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I currently have a SCH too. I had one during my first pregnancy as well, which ended in a missed miscarriage. They are monitoring the situation weekly this time and so far things seem okay. I started bleeding at about 6w3d that’s when they found the SCH and it has been shrinking since. I’m currently about 9w4d. It’s really scary but lots of women go on to have healthy pregnancies after discovering they have a SCH... I know that’s not much comfort but it helps me get to sleep at night haha. Good luck to you and I hope yours resolved quickly  <3
  • Options
    I just found out that I have a small SCH. I haven't had any bleeding. They found it on my first ultrasound at 9 weeks yesterday. It was so scary to hear about the increased risk, but my doctor tried to reassure me that they see them all the time and they almost always resolve on their own with no problems. Going back at 12 weeks for another ultrasound. Hope it is gone or shrinking by then!
  • Options
    tsa208tsa208 member
    edited December 2018
    My doctor, who is about a thousand years old, said that back in the day with fewer and less quality ultrasounds, women likely didn't even know they had an SCH and just went about life. We are much better about diagnosing them today, but it adds to our worry (and we all know we have enough to worry about!).
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I actually found out I have a small one this morning.  I am 12weeks3days.  I have been going to a fertility dr. every week and thought my very mild spotting was from the Vaginal ultrasound.  But my OB told me this morning that I have a small SCH.  I already have to see my OB once a week so I am trying not to worry about it too much.  next appointment is Thursday,  so just no sex or working out till I get the thumbs up.
    I am not familiar with heavy bleeding that you are speaking about and I will be praying for you.  Please let us know how it goes